At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) 2020, Huawei HarmonyOS 2 AKA HongmengOS 2 made its debut. The Chinese tech giant has already revealed its plans to grow HarmonyOS 2.0 and the ecosystem around it including the support for different device platforms and working with industry partners.
What is HarmonyOS?
HarmonyOS is built on a distributed operating system architecture to work across different devices and it’s a part of Huawei’s all-scenario strategy. This new OS is adaptable to a mobile office, fitness, and health, social communication, media entertainment more.
What HarmonyOS 2.0 offers:
- For Consumers: HarmonyOS integrates various smart devices to implement fast connection, capability collaboration, and resource sharing between different devices. This way, services can be seamlessly transferred to a suitable device that delivers a smooth all-scenario experience.
- For Application Developers: HarmonyOS adopts distributed technologies to make application development possible on different device forms. With HarmonyOS, you have the choice to focus on upper-layer service logic and develop applications in a much easier and more efficient way.
- For Device Developers: HarmonyOS uses a component-based software design to tailor itself to particular device forms based on their respective resource capabilities and service characteristics.
HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones, tablets, TVs, IoT devices, and more
At HDC 2020, Huawei Consumer Business Group CEO, Richard Yu confirmed that the HarmonyOS 2.0 will be available on smartphones as soon as early 2021.
Currently, Huawei has released the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta SDK for developers for platforms including Smart TVs, Cars head units, and smart wearables. Followed by smartphones SDK to launch in December 2020.
Furthermore, Huawei has also shared the information about the device adaptation roadmap of HarmonyOS 2.0 including the following:
- From September 10, 2020 – Device with 128KB to 128MB RAM
- From April 21, 2021 – Device with 128MB to 4GB RAM
- From October 2021 – Device with 4GB to more than 4GB RAM
By the end of 2021, Huawei has planned to install HarmonyOS 2.0 in over 300 million. These devices are smartphones, tablets, smart wearables, IoT devices, and devices from third-party product manufacturers.
HarmonyOS 2.0: Eligible Devices, Beta, Rollout Date, Leaks, and more
April 30, 2022:
- Huawei has confirmed that 80 Huawei and Honor phones and tablets have received HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update. Read more
April 28, 2022:
- Huawei HarmonyOS achieves 240 million device users.
April 14, 2022:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 developer preview installed on P40 Pro [Leaked]
April 10, 2022:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 and OpenHarmony 3.1 ready to launch in September
April 9, 2022:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 closed beta testing to start in May
March 31, 2022:
- Huawei OpenHarmony 3.1 updated to enhance the basic features
March 29, 2022:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 to unveil this year
March 28, 2022:
- Here’s what Huawei rotating chairman said about HarmonyOS global launch
March 2, 2022:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 Always on Display feature
March 1, 2022:
- Huawei Super Device, a step towards global HarmonyOS?
February 18, 2022:
- New HarmonyOS features testing for these Huawei and Honor devices
February 11, 2022:
- Huawei OpenHarmony 3.1 gets new canvas feature
- HarmonyOS 2022 new features recruitment opens for top models
February 3, 2022:
- HarmonyOS Global Launch? Here’s the latest statement [Feb, 2022]
January 29, 2022
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2 Beta (HK) update available for P50 Pro, P50 Pocket and Nova 9. Read more
January 21, 2022
- Huawei HarmonyOS needs this feature from Android 12. Read more
January 15, 2022
- Huawei officially launched HarmonyOS Connect Series 7 Courses. Read more
January 13, 2022
- Open Source HarmonyOS added 2 new contributors. Read more
January 12, 2022
- Honor Magic UI 6.0 is a copy of Huawei HarmonyOS? Read more
- Huawei HarmonyOS to be used in space technologies this year: Huge. Read more
January 03, 2022
- HarmonyOS 3.0 public testing for smartphones to start in April. Read more
January 02, 2022
- Huawei OpenHarmony 3.1 Beta released with new system capabilities. Read more
- Stable Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 to launch in July 2022. Read more
January 01, 2022
- Huawei DevEco 3.0 Beta 2 version released with three new features. Read more
- Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 Beta 2 Developer Preview is launching soon. Read more
December 25, 2021
- Huawei HarmonyOS Connect products sale records 100 million yuan. Read more
December 24, 2021
- 300 Million HarmonyOS Devices Goal Achieved – 200 million Huawei and 100 million third party. Read more
December 23, 2021
- Huawei HarmonySpace Launched: A sub-brand of smart HarmonyOS car cockpit. Read more
- Breaking: HarmonyOS operating system exceeds 220 million users. Read more
December 17, 2021
- These devices completed HarmonyOS 2.0 installation [List]
December 17, 2021
- HarmonyOS rollout completed for all eligible Huawei devices here.
December 16, 2021
- HarmonyOS powered Huawei smart glasses to launch on December 23 read more.
December 11, 2021
- Huawei P50 Pro to come with EMUI 12, not HarmonyOS here.
December 8, 2021
- China and Russia to cooperate on the development of HarmonyOS, OpenEuler and AuroraOS read more.
December 7, 2021
- HarmonyOS stable rollout started for these six devices here.
December 2, 2021
- 141 Huawei devices have been upgraded with the HarmonyOS operating system here.
December 1, 2021
- These 19 Huawei models are receiving stable HarmonyOS update here.
November 29, 2021
- The travel service app based on HarmonyOS is open for public testing here.
November 26, 2o21
- HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta began for six Huawei and Honor devices here.
November 20, 2021
- HarmonyOS public beta update released for Huawei Nova SE Vitality edition here.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 stable rollout started for these nine Huawei devices here.
November 17, 2021
- Huawei has released over 769 open source HarmonyOS components here.
- The next phase HarmonyOS for these six Huawei devices will start later this month read more.
November 16, 2021
- HarmonyOS public beta starts for nine of these veteran Huawei models here.
November 10, 2021
- HarmonyOS powered set-top box launching soon here.
November 9, 2021
- HarmonyOS and OpenEuler have shared operating system kernel read more.
- HarmonyOS devices, all Huawei smartphones list here.
November 5, 2021
- HarmonyOS public beta opens for these ten Huawei devices here
- These nice Huawei and Honor models are next for HarmonyOS public beta here.
November 4, 2021
- No HarmonyOS for global Huawei users here.
November 2, 2021
- Latest HarmonyOS features rolling out fourteen Huawei old flagship models here.
October 26, 2021
- Here are the top Huawei HarmonyOS Two features here.
October 24, 2021
- HarmonyOS connect evolves over 60 million new devices in 2021 here
October 23, 2021
- These fourteen popular Huawei flagship models getting HarmonyOS update here.
October 22, 2021
- Nope! HarmonyOS is not rolling out in Europe, not currently here.
- Huawei HarmonyOS completes 150 million upgrades here.
- HarmonyOS programming language is coming here.
- The First HarmonyOS smart car cockpit will launch by the end of this year here.
October 21, 2021
- HDC 2021 HarmonyOS service widget launched with different cards here.
October 19, 2021
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 beta rolling out for Huawei Nova 2s and Nova 3i here.
- HarmonyOS Global rollout, A billion upgrades, the huge potential here.
- HarmonyOS update rolling out for these three flagship phones, that contains a big changelog here.
- Huawei conducted an innovation HarmonyOS training camp at Tsinghua University here.
October 17, 2021
- HDC 2021 schedules the HarmonysOS, EMUI, HMS Core Cloud, and more here.
October 16, 2021
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 Public beta begins for these nine smartphones here.
- There nine Huawei devices begin HarmonyOS beta testing here.
October 15, 2021
- Twenty-five Huawei devices are receiving stable HarmonyOS update here.
October 12, 2021:
- Huawei invites the 2021 HarmonyOS Application Developers satisfaction survey here.
October 11, 2021:
- Here are all of the Huawei smartphones and tablets that support the Super device feature. Check them here.
- Honor 9X is testing HarmonyOS public beta in China.
October 9, 2021:
- Seven Huawei smartphone receiving HarmonyOS update with important bug fixes as well as system improvements (read more).
October 4, 2021:
- These 4 years old Huawei devices are now receiving HarmonyOS beta including Huawei mate 9, p10, Enjoy 10 Plus, and Nova 3 series. (Read more)
October 3, 2021:
- According to the information, Huawei P50 doesn’t come with pre-installed HarmonyOS 2.1
October 2, 2021:
- Eclipse and OpenAtom signed a major HarmonyOS development partnership, read more.
- Huawei P30 is receiving a new stability improvements update. Read more.
September 28, 2021:
- Huawei opened the 8th batch beta recruitment for 6 Huawei devices. Read more.
- Huawei aims at 100 million HarmonyOS FTTR installations by the next five years.
September 27, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS and OpenEuler will support the cross-device connections between both ecosystems in the future.
- HarmonyOS won a new technology award at 8th world internet conference.
September 25, 2021:
- Huawei updated the HarmonyOS JavaUI framework with more content for developers and to help them build better apps.
- Huawei could launch new programming for HarmonyOS and EulerOS operating systems in the future to support native app development.
September 24, 2021:
- Huawei will focus on building HarmonyOS and Euler OS, said the company in an official statement
September 23, 2021:
- Huawei announced 120 million installations in smartphones.
September 21, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 beta begins for 6 old Huawei devices. Read more.
September 20, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new feature – HarmonyOS Cross Devices Task Center for Huawei P50 Pro.
September 18, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing begins for 15 Huawei models. Read more
September 17, 2021:
- 10 Huawei devices begin the seventh batch of HarmonyOS 2.0 beta testing.
September 16, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 9 series will come with HarmonyOS 2.0.1 instead of HarmonyOS 2.1.
September 15, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 is receiving a new software update with SMS Reply and other important features.
- 7 Huawei devices begin receiving stable HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout
September 14, 2021:
- Huawei aims at 300 million HarmonyOS installations this year.
- HarmonyOS operation system launched for Mine industry.
- It’s normal for people to have doubts about HarmonyOS, says Huawei software chief.
September 13, 2021:
- HarmonyOS completed 100 million active installations in smartphones.
September 12, 2021:
- Huawei 15 devices getting HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168/166/188 update along with September 2021 security.
September 9, 2021:
- Huawei P10, Mate 9, and Nova 3 will start HarmonyOS 2.0 beta this month.
September 8, 2021:
- 9 Huawei devices started testing HarmonyOS 2.0 beta.
- 106 Huawei phones now running HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile operating system.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 10 and P20 receiving August 2021 security software update.
- Ark Compiler JS runtime became an open-source for Huawei HarmonyOS.
- Huawei resumes the Smart Battery Capacity feature for HarmonyOS.
- Huawei HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update rolling for Nova 8, 7 and 6 device
September 4, 2021:
- Huawei starts HarmonyOS student experience recruitment with new and exclusive benefits.
September 3, 2021:
- Huawei Developer Conference is set for October 22. Read more about this conference here.
- Huawei HarmonyOS UI and Smart Features wins Red Dot Design Award 2021
- Similar to the HarmonyOS, Samsung has also removed One UI 5G shortcut from Galaxy phones.
- Huawei fixes an annoying Control Panel Bug with a new software update.
September 1, 2021:
- HarmonyOS completes 90 million installations
August 31, 2021:
- Huawei planning to launch a new smart printer powered by HarmonyOS operating system.
August 30, 2021:
- HarmonyOS completes 70 million downloads, ready to reach 100 million
- The new set of features will rollout for HarmonyOS 2.1 and not with HarmonyOS 2.0
- Chinese Huawei P30 devices receiving system parameter update that comes with new EMUI version
August 29, 2021:
- Huawei released a new theme for the HarmonyOS named – Poetic Romance.
August 28, 2021:
- HarmonyOS samples with five practical examples are now available for Huawei Developers.
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 and MatePad Pro 10.8 getting a new HarmonyOS update.
August 27, 2021:
- The upcoming HarmonyOS 2.1 version will be specially optimized for the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset.
August 25, 2021:
- Huawei will begin the public beta testing for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 devices in mid-September.
- Huawei to introduce the Nova 9 smartphone pre-packed with HarmonyOS 2.1 OS.
August 24, 2021:
- Huawei confirms that nearly 100 devices from Huawei and Honor including smartphones and tablets are running HarmonyOS operating system. These consist of both stable and beta testers.
August 23, 2021:
- Huawei to introduce the new HarmonyOS 2.1 version soon. This version will arrive with the standard P50 model in September. Read more
- Genshin Impact HarmonyOS game will soon add support for 1080p in-game resolution for Huawei phones running Kirin 990 SoC or above.
August 22, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 adds new update menu animations for Huawei devices. Every time you check for updates on your device, you will see a more interactive UI.
August 21, 2021:
- Check out the top four reasons for which the users are upgrading to HarmonyOS from EMUI. Read more
August 20, 2021:
- Two of Honor’s oldest smartphones, Honor 10 and V10 finally starts to receive the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta in China.
- Huawei has officially announced the HarmonyOS 2 beta for Honor 30S, Play 4, X10, and other Honor smartphones, This allows EMUI users to take part in the beta testing in China.
- Huawei P20 and Mate 10 smartphones getting a new HarmonyOS update which brings optimizations for Control Panel.
- Huawei Nova 4 receives a new HM OS 2 update.
August 19, 2021:
- Huawei started selling second-hand phones pre-installed with HarmonyOS software. These smartphones come with a new warranty and have passed various quality checks.
- Huawei Mate 20 running the new HarmonyOS 2.0 software has been receiving a new incremental which brings HarmonyOS features improvements.
August 18, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS ecosystem has added over 700 hardware partners, setting a new milestone.
- New HM OS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 devices.
August 17, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE and a bunch of Honor phones are getting new HM OS 2 based software updates. This update mainly includes optimizations in the Control panel and Application assistant.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new HarmonyOS 2 patch for Mate 30 series which brings system stability improvements for enhanced user experience.
- A new HarmonyOS 2 based software update rolling out for Nova 5i and Nova 4e smartphones. It adds new Smart multi-window features along with optimizations in the Control panel and Game Assistant.
August 15, 2021:
- Huawei updated its HarmonyOS application website with several changes including a new interface, FAQ support, and more.
August 14, 2021:
- Huawei’s plan with HarmonyOS is clear and the company is aiming big with its 2.0 version. So, this article will keep you updated with all of the news, announcements, beta, rollouts, leaks, and other important information that you should know in one place.
- Huawei rolling out new HarmonyOS 2.0 features for a bunch of devices from Nova 7 and Enjoy 20 lineup. In addition, this update also includes optimizations for a better user interface.
August 12, 2021:
- Recently, it was discovered that the latest version of HarmonyOS 2.0 has removed the 5G network switch in the shortcut menu. Huawei’s consumer business product line president has clarified this matter. Read more
- Huawei releases August 2021 security patch details for its HarmonyOS equipped smartphones. As per the info, the August 2021 patch fixes different levels of issues and exploits to strengthen the system’s security.
August 11, 2021:
- A Weibo tipster has revealed that Huawei will soon release a new HarmonyOS theme and it will be added to the theme store. This theme is initially available on Huawei P40 models and will further expand to other models.
August 10, 2021:
- BAIC in cooperation with Huawei is launching its first fuel SUV equipped with HarmonyOS software.
- Huawei Nova 5 is now receiving a new HarmonyOS 2.0 based software update with a bunch of optimizations and bug fixes.
- We have reached to Huawei Russia regarding the EMUI 12. The company revealed that EMUI 12 exists and will replace the previous EMUI 11.
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro via new software update.
- A major HarmonyOS 2.0 update is releasing for Huawei Mate 20 and Mate X smartphones.
August 9, 2021:
- Huawei has officially announced that its HarmonyOS 2.0 exceeded 50 million installations in China, with the speed of 8 users upgrading per second.
- Huawei started the fifth batch of internal beta testing for Huawei Enjoy 10S, Enjoy 10 Plus, and a bunch of Honor phones including Honor 9X, Honor 9X Pro, Honor 20S, Play 4T Pro, Honor 10, and Honor V10.
August 8, 2021:
- Here are the HarmonyOS 2.0 features, gestures widgets, and more. Check here
August 6, 2021:
- HarmonyOS ecosystem has been increased to 1.2 million developers, which was only half of these numbers since the time of launching on June 2, 2021.
- A report reveals that Honor Magic UI 5 seems to be inspired by HarmonyOS operating system along with its new features.
- The latest HarmonyOS 2 features are now rolling out for Huawei Mate 20 series including the swipe left and right gesture for the control panel.
- Huawei P20 and Mate 10 devices are receiving HarmonyOS 2 beta with brand new user interface and a set of new features.
August 5, 2021:
- Major HarmonyOS features update rolling out for flagship Huawei devices that bring a new multimode camera, fixes camera watermark issue, service center new file feature, ease to access control panel, app assistant optimizations, and installation of new security patches.
- Huawei has announced that it has installed HarmonyOS 2 in 65 Huawei phones and tablets. Check these 65 devices here.
August 4, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro and Enjoy 20 Plus users are now eligible to upgrade with a stable HarmonyOS 2 update.
August 3, 2021:
- Huawei Maimang 9, and Enjoy Z users can upgrade to HarmonyOS 2 full fledge mode.
- Huawei P30 Lite Chinese version is receiving HarmonyOS 2 beta and it’s good news for global users. Read more.
August 2, 2021:
- Cocos Creator games can use HarmonyOS multi-screen collaboration feature to provide a new multiplayer experience.
July 31, 2021:
- Huawei launches sdkmgr, a new HarmonyOS SDK management tool, which allows developers to view, download, update, and uninstall the HarmonyOS SDK directly using commands.
July 29, 2021:
- Huawei announced that HarmonyOS has completed 40 million installations, and Huawei P10, as well as Mate 9 devices, will be next in line to test HarmonyOS.
July 28, 2021:
- Over 300 open source components have been added to the HarmonyOS project.
July 26, 2021:
- Customized HarmonyOS software skin is already being used by a third-party phone maker but it’s yet to rollout officially and its name also remained hidden.
July 24, 2021:
- Mini World is the first mobile game that officially adds support for the HarmonyOS operating system and is uploaded on AppGallery.
July 23, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 series settings stable HarmonyOS 2 in China but the rollout is still initial and expanding gradually. However, it’s not yet started in the global market.
- All of the Huawei Mate 40 series users can now upgrade with HarmonyOS 2.
July 21, 2021:
- Unlimited upgrades opened for various devices including Huawei Mate 40 series, Mate X2, P40 series, Mate 30 series, MatePad Pro series, MatePad, MediaPad M6 series, and more.
- Huawei began a stable HarmonyOS 2 rollout for the Huawei P30 series in China but global users will have to wait.
- Huawei opens stable HarmonyOS 2 rollout for 27 Huawei devices consisting of Huawei Mate X, P30 series, Mate 20 series, Nova SE devices, Enjoy 20 devices, Nova 5 series, MatePad and more.
July 20, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 beta update rolling out for Huawei Nova 5, Nova 5Z, and Nova 5i Pro devices and brings a new number of new optimizations for the system.
July 19, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 Control Panel will support left and right swipe gestures.
- HarmonyOS 2 fifth batch beta recruitment will start early August for 8 devices including Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus, Enjoy 10S, and more.
July 18, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M6 update installs display and app optimizations.
July 16, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro receiving second HarmonyOS 2 closed beta with additional improvements. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 vs OxygenOS 11 boot speed comparison shows OxygenOS defeat in action. Read more.
- Huawei P30 series gets display optimization update with HarmonyOS 2 beta. Here’s is more info.
- Huawei Mate 20 series arranges new software update with a number of latest improvements. Read more.
July 15, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad 11 receiving July 2021 HarmmonyOS security update. Read more here.
- HMS Core 6.0 launched and brings a lot of new features and developer kits. Get more information here.
July 14, 2021:
- Check the five UX design details of HarmonyOS Mobile operating system. Read more.
- Huawei Browser drops Android UA and adds HarmonyOS. Read more.
July 13, 2021:
- Huawei P20 and P20 Pro begin testing HarmonyOS 2. Read more.
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro enter in sponsorship with Emirates. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 10 begins HarmonyOS 2 beta journey, will get the update soon. Read more.
- These 14 Huawei devices receiving HarmonyOS 2 closed beta. Read more here.
- Huawei plans to launch a card game built into the HarmonyOS operating system but it’s not true. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 public beta for Honor devices begins. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is not a gave developer, says the company. Read here.
July 12, 2021:
- Android AAB format will not affect HarmonyOS operating system, says Huawei. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 series users getting Celia voice Assistant improvements. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS application service summit is scheduled for July 30th. Read more.
- iOS 14 vs HarmonyOS 2 comparison shows that iOS 14 loads faster compared to HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS developer day set for July 31. Read more
- HarmonyOS 2 public beta officially announced for Huawei Nova 5 series devices. Read more.
July 11, 2021:
- Dark Mode comparison between ColorOS 11 and HarmonyOS 2, check the evaluation. Read more.
July 10, 2021:
- Check the direct comparison between HarmonyOS 2 vs ColorOS 11 in terms of boot speed. Check the video here.
- HarmonyOS 2 public beta opens for Huawei Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5Z devices. Read more.
July 9, 2021:
- Check the comparison between HarmonyOS 2 Vs MIUI 12.5, MIUI lost pretty heavy in this test. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 vs MIUI 12.5 Dark mode face-off is here. Check it.
July 8, 2021:
- Huawei will soon release the HarmonyOS professional certification program. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 stable update released for Huawei Nova 6, Nova 6, and Nova 8 smartphones. Read more here.
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2 beta will open for these 9 devices in the fourth phase. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 closed beta recruitment announced for the Huawei Smart Screen V series. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 crosses 30 million installations in smartphones, yet it remains inside China. Read more.
- HarmonyOS Connect Partner Summit set for July 16, read more about this event here. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 testing for Honor X10 and more smartphones will start this month. Read more.
July 7, 2021:
- Check the boot speed comparison between HarmonyOS 2 vs EMUI 11. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 testing for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 series devices will start this month. Read more.
- Gree will launch HarmonyOS operating system products. Read more.
July 6, 2021:
- Here’s the dark mode battle between HarmonyOS 2 vs OxygenOS 11. Read more
- Huawei Mate X2 receiving new software update with system optimizations. Read more.
- Second HarmonyOS 2 closed beta update released for the Huawei Nova 5, Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5Z. Read more.
July 5, 2021:
- New display and sound improvements were released for Huawei Mate 40, P40, and Mate 30 devices. Read more.
- Huawei Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 smartphones receiving HarmonyOS 2 beta. Read more.
July 3, 2021:
- Huawei P50 or Nova 9 certified with a new charger and HarmonyOS 2 operating system. Read more.
July 2, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new software update with fixes for WiFi and Battery issues on HarmonyOS 2 installed devices. Read more.
July 1, 2021:
- Huawei denies the rumors of Nokia using HarmonyOS in its smartphones. Read more
- First HarmonyOS 2 public beta update released for Huawei Nova 8 SE, Enjoy 20 Pro, and other Huawei devices. Read more.
June 30, 2021:
- Nokia and HarmonyOS: Upcoming Nokia X60 smartphones to feature Huawei operating system, says a report. Read More
- In less than half a month, Huawei HarmonyOS 2 exceeded 18 million installations. Read More
- Huawei P30, Mate 20 Series and more enters HarmonyOS 2 public beta, check the devices. Read More
- HarmonyOS 2.0 first closed beta update rolling out for first batch of Honor devices. Read More
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update released for Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro smartphones. Read More
- Honor V20 receiving first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update, removes Magic UI 4. Read More
- Huawei Maimang 9 HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
June 29, 2021:
- New games optimizations were released for the Huawei P30 series (HarmonyOS 2 beta). Read More
- First Airlines launches Service Widgets for Huawei HarmonyOS 2 operating system. Read More
- Huawei MatePad Pro with HarmonyOS operating system enters and empowers the tablet market. Read More
- Major UI, animations changes, and features of HarmonyOS 2 will rollout in July. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 beta for the first batch of Honor phones will rollout soon. Read More
June 28, 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Fixes for fingerprint and display brightness issues on Huawei P30 (HarmonyOS beta) rolling out. Read More
- Huawei Mate X2 4G with pre-installed HarmonyOS goes on sale, starting at 17,499 Yuan. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS will bring Memory Turbo technology, increases 6GB RAM to 8GB. Read More
June 27, 2021:
- N9w software improvement update rolling out for Huawei Mate X2 (HarmonyOS 2). Read More
- Huawei Enjoy Smartphone Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Huawei DevEco Studio 2.2 Beta 1 was released with low-code HarmonyOS 2 app development, remote device feature and more. Read More
June 25, 2021:
- The Task Center feature of HarmonyOS 2 brings you a connected cross-device experience. Read More
- Huawei Watch 3 Series powered by HarmonyOS officially launch in Malaysia. Read More
June 24, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2 has a feature to identify fake chargers, here’s what fake manufactures are doing. Read More
- Huawei Nova 6 SE and Nova 7 SE smartphones receiving second round HarmonyOS 2 beta. Read More
- Huawei P50 series launch confirmed internally, promote with 4G, HarmonyOS and hole punch display: Tipster. Read More
- Huawei planned to test new HarmonyOS features on MatePad Pro tablet, starts recruitment. Read More
- Second HarmonyOS 2 beta update released for Huawei Mate 20 lineup, brings feature improvements. Read More
June 23, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2 Stale update announced 18 smartphones including Huawei P40, Mate 40 and more. Read More
- Huawei postponed HarmonyOS Application Service Partner Summit to July. Read More
- HarmonyOS 2 closed beta sign up for 12 Honor devices begins, will upgrade from Magic UI and EMUI. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS is adapted by famous games including PUBG, Call of Duty and more. Read More
- PSA: HarmonyOS 2 testing started for EMUI 10.1 Huawei phones in China. Read More
June 22, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Display, WiFi and system improvements rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E (HarmonyOS 2 beta). Read More
- HarmonyOS 2 beta update for Huawei MatePad Pro brings stylus improvements and more. Read More
- HarmonyOS is a pirated copy of Android? Some users spreading rumors after WiFi issues. Read More
- Battery life and Wi-Fi improvements rolling out for Huawei P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 2 testers. Read More
June 21, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 beta for Huawei P30 devices rolling out, once a GMS phone now adopts new operating system. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS equipped ArcFox Polar Alpha S smart car enters mass production, aims to ship 1,000 orders this year. Read More
- Huawei Nova 6, 7 and 8 with HarmonyOS receiving new beta update with the latest features. Read More
- HarmonyOS in smart car cockpit will install in 2021: Huawei Smart Car BU Chief. Read More
- HarmonyOS UI/UX: Here is the information about new user interface from Huawei. Read More
- Huawei Nova 7i getting May 2021 security update, users want to know HarmonyOS status. Read More
- Cocos Creator becomes the first game engine to support HarmonyOS operating system platform. Read More
- New HarmonyOS 2 public beta to start in July, includes Huawei Mate 20 and 16 other models. Read More
June 19, 2021:
- Chinese phone maker Coolpad posted HarmonyOS product launch promo, then removed it. Read More
- New sound, display, and system improvements were released for Huawei Mate 40 Series with HarmonyOS 2. Read More
- [Updated] China’s largest telecom operator to launch new smartphone brand with HarmonyOS on June 22. Read More
- Huawei Summer Services: HarmonyOS early adopters, battery replacement discounts and more in China. Read More
- Huawei Q&A: HarmonyOS, Huawei P50, Mate 50, Nova 7i, Watch GT 2, and more. Read More
- HarmonyOS powered Huawei Watch 3 will launch in Malaysia on June 25. Read More
- Honor HarmonyOS Upgrade Plan: Devices and Rollout Time [List]. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS Connect Summit: Launched new third-party smart products with fully connected HM OS experience. Read More
- A smartphone brand set to come back with HarmonyOS operating system, says the tipster. Read More
June 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro and Mate 40E with HarmonyOS go on the first sale, starting at 4199 Yuan. Read More.
- Huawei will install HarmonyOS operating system in most of the devices by this year: Huawei Smart Car Chief. Read More.
- HarmonyOS 2 first beta update released for Huawei P30, Nova 5, Mate X and more devices. Read More.
- Huawei Watch 3 Review: Flagship smartwatch with HarmonyOS power. Read More.
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro receiving first HarmonyOS 2 closed beta, a new operating system. Read More.
June 17, 2021:
- The pre-installed HarmonyOS version of Huawei Mate 40 will go on sale tomorrow. Read More.
- New app bar, support for Windows, and display optimizations rolling out with HarmonyOS 2 developer beta 3. Read More.
- June 2021 Huawei EMUI Security Patch details out, as HarmonyOS making its way to the users. Read More.
June 16, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Smartphone getting April 2021 security update, eligible for HarmonyOS. Read More.
- Game and app optimizations for Huawei Mate 40 rolling out with a new HarmonyOS 2 beta patch. Read More.
June 15, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 closed beta for Huawei Mate 20 series testers expanding in China. Read More.
- Huawei EMUI: Goodbye legend, HarmonyOS will carry your ambitions. Read More.
- Download Huawei HarmonyOS Wallpapers [Link]. Read More.
June 14, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 with HarmonyOS receiving the first software upgrade, brings new features and improvements. Read More.
- HarmonyOS 2 vs iOS 15: UI smoothness comparison [Video]. Read More.
June 13, 2021:
- Here’s how much storage HarmonyOS 2 takes after installation compared to EMUI 11. Read More.
- Battery Endurance Test: HarmonyOS 2 vs EMUI 11 on Huawei Mate 40 Pro Plus, shocking results. Read More.
- Huawei hosting limited HM OS Medals Event for HarmonyOS 2 public beta testers Read More.
June 12, 2021:
- Here’s the meaning of the HarmonyOS logo, boot animation, the big O, and blue horizontal line. Read More.
- Huawei nova 6 series HarmonyOS 2 beta Update Tracker. Read More.
- Huawei nova 7 series HarmonyOS 2 beta Update Tracker. Read More.
June 11, 2021:
- HarmonyOS (HongMeng OS): Everything you need to know. Read More.
- Google Apps still working after upgrading to HarmonyOS from EMUI, don’t need to panic. Read More.
- Huawei HarmoyOS automobile operating system is redefiig the vehicle OS: CITIC Securities. Read More.
- Midea launched the first refrigerator with Huawei’s HarmonyOS system. Read More.
- HarmonyOS beta for Honor 20, V20, Honor 30 devices will start later this month [Models List]. Read More.
June 10, 2021:
- Huawei aims to make a fully driverless car by 2025, powered y HarmoyOS: Huawei Smart BU Chief. Read More.
- Huawei Watch 3 Series with HarmonyOS 2.0 will go on June 11 in China. Read More.
- HarmonyOS Apps and Games section launched on Huawei AppGallery. Read More.
- Huawei HarmonyOS Application Service Partner Summit set for June 25. Read More.
- WPS office will come pre-installed on Huawei HarmonyOS phones: Kingsoft Office. Read More.
- Second phase HramonOS 2 closed beta recruitment begins for these 11 Huawei devices [List]. Read More.
- Breaking: HarmonyOS 2 closed beta recruitment for Huawei P30 devices begins. Read More.
- HarmoyOS for Huawei Nova 5T: Pretty high chances of upgrade. Read More.
- Huawei Mate 20 Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More.
June 9, 2021:
- Two new Chinese banks joined HarmonyOS ecosystem by launching apps with Huawei services. Read more.
- Huawei could start a rollout of HarmonyOS as early as an entire quarter. Read more.
- Under 1 week, HarmonyOS concludes 10 million installations on Huawei devices Read more.
- HarmonyOS Connect section launched on Huawei mall that will help to sell more consumer friendly devices. Read more.
June 8, 2021:
- First batch of HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta update rolling out for these 28 Huawei devices and brings new operating system and features. Read more.
- A tablet maker hints to use HarmoynOS operating system, which is quite amazing news. Read more.
- HarmonyOS will successfully exceed 300 million device installations in 2021, which is revealed by a study. Read more.
- HarmonyOS begin aims to install 360 million devices by the end of this year, and 1.23 billion in 2022. Read more
- Huawei HarmonyOS currently has 73 partners in its ecosystem including Meizu. Read more.
June 7, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta rolling out for the Huawei Mate 20 series, which replaces EMUI 11 with the whole new set of features and operating system. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 beta will start in mid-June for Huawei P30 series smartphones. Read more.
- OpenHarmony Educational Resource package launched by the OpenAtom foundation. Read more.
- A new user interface and HarmonyOS support is now released for Huawei PC Manager. Read more.
June 5, 2021:
- These two Chinese app makers launch HarmonyOS version of their apps. Read more.
- Cocos Creator will be the world’s first game engine with HarmonyOS support. Read more.
- Huawei opens HarmonyOS support for a unified push server. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is a champion of cross-device user experience. Read the full story here.
June 4, 2021:
- Supor launched a new automatic cooking device with the HarmonyOS system. Read more.
- Huawei is under maintenance due to the overwhelming user traffic on HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS 20 upgrade for users brings HM OS medal. Read more.
- Chinese smartphone makers remain silent on HarmonyOS adaptation on their smartphones. Read more.
- HarmonyOS DevEco Studio 2.1 added new cross-device project templates atomic service development and more to help developers create new and powerful apps. Read more.
- Weibo on the HarmonyOS platform comes with a small weight of 9.1MB compared to its Android counterpart. Read more.
- HarmonyOS crosses the barrier of multi-device connection experience. Read more.
- Check the pure HarmonyOS operating system on development devices. Read more.
June 3, 2021:
- Stable HarmonyOS 2 update rolling out for 18 Huawei smartphones and tablets. Read more.
- Huawei devices can register HarmonyOS beta for 23 Huawei devices under closed beta recruitment. Read more.
- Check the event recap of HarmonyOS including Huawei Watch 3, MatePad Pro, and other important launches. Read more.
June 2, 2021:
- Check the HarmonyOS upgrade plan for Huawei phones here. Read more.
- Check the HarmonyOS upgrade plan for Honor phones. Read more.
June 1, 2021:
- Huawei opened early access registrations for HarmonyOS on smartphones, Read more.
- Unionman Technology proceeding new smart product with Huawei HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Meizu introduces the first smart product with HarmonyOS operating system support. Read more.
May 31, 2021:
- In the latest boot comparison video, HarmonyOS beats EMUI 11 with a big score. Read more.
May 30, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro live image and video appeared with the user interface. Read more.
May 29, 2021:
- Huawei regains the Hongmeng trademark, which was already registered by a Chinese company. Read more.
- Huawei Watch GT 2, GT 2e, GT 2 Pro will receive HarmonyOS update, it’s quite exciting news. Read more.
- These smartphones will directly receive HarmonyOS software upgrade from June 2 onwards. Read more.
- Oppo employee resigned and gave an apology after making an inappropriate comment on HarmonyOS. Read more.
May 28, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad Pro tablet with HarmonyOS will launch on June 2. Read more.
- Meizu will launch its first HarmonyOS supported product on May 31. Read more.
- Most of Midea’s smart products will feature the HarmonyOS operating system. Read more.
- HarmonyOS device plan leaked ahead of launch – includes P, Mate, Nova series, smartwatches, tablets, and other important devices. Read more.
- Huawei P50 could launch on June 2 alongside Huawei Watch 3 devices but not confined at the moment. Read more.
May 27, 2021:
- OnePlus CEO forwards HarmonyOS introduction post, which could be a sign of OnePlus adopting HarmonyOS in the domestic market. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS for smartphones is likely to bring high performance, lower power consumption, and third-party phone makers. Read more.
- Huawei will answer 100 questions to clear some doubts regarding its operating system. Read more.
May 26, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing opened for Mate 40 series and P40 smartphones. Read more.
- Weibo starts recognizing HarmonyOS installed devices as HarmonyOS devices.
- HarmonyOS is deeply optimized for battery charging and keeps the phone optimized for a better user experience. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 20 series will receive HarmonyOS software update, reveals a leaked roadmap. Read more.
May 25, 2021:
- HarmonyOS for smartphones and new Huawei devices is officially confirmed to launch on June 2. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS official boot animation is unveiled, you can check it here. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS and New Product Launch Conference will be held globally. Read more.
- New 4G HarmonyOS version of flagship phones to launch at June 2 conference. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS developer Innovation Competition Results Announced. Read more.
- Do you know what HarmonyOS can now be called HM OS, which clearly reflects on its new logo? Read more.
- Huawei on Weibo has renamed its EMUI account HarmonyOS and it’s quite heartbreaking for some Huawei smartphone owners. Read more.
May 22, 2021:
- Huawei releases a new HarmonyOS software beta update for HarmonyOS 2.0 developer testers that brings new optimizations for quick settings, home screen, and other improvements. Read more.
May 22, 2021:
- Here is the Huawei Nova 8 and Nova 6 running HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta in a video. Check it here.
- Antutu benchmark adds Huawei HarmonyOS operating system support. Read more.
- Changan Automobile says that upcoming smart EVs will use HarmonyOS powered cockpit and CATL battery packs. Read more.
- Check Huawei HarmonyOS vs EMUI 11 boot comparison speed in a new phone. Read more.
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro with HarmonyOS uses these codenames and there’s also a codename for the MatePad Pro 2 device. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS source de size is just 8GB, on the other hand, the Android open source project crossed over 60GB. Read more.
May 20, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 is launching on June 2 alongside Huawei Watch 3 and MatePad Pro 2 devices. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 series getting new HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta 3 software update. Read more.
May 19, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta update comes with bug fixes for the system, quick settings panel, and more. Read more
- HarmonyOS 2.0 camera app installed on EMUI 11 phone and here’s what happened. Read more.
- Huawei Smart Screen SE powered by HarmonyOS launched in 55 and 64-in screen sizes. Read more.
- HarmonyOS powered Huawei Router H6 released with large area coverage and high-speed network transmission. Read more.
- More chipmakers to be adopted by the HarmonyOS platform. Read more.
May 18, 2021:
- OpenHarmony 2.0 L2 branch is open source with pure HarmonyOS app code and not Android’s. Read more
- HarmonyOS mobile operating system is open for third-party phone makers. Read more.
- HarmonyOS operating system is currently a drop in the bucket, res portion will be filled by its partners, says Huawei. Read more.
- HarmonyOS Connect Upgrade Plan suggests a reduction in development time, increases reach among consumers and others. Read more.
- HarmonyOS hardware ecosystem upgrades to HarmonyOS connect. Read more
- Huawei announced HarmonyOS Connect Zone for Huawei Mall, launching soon. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is launching on June 2 with a wider rollout for smartphones. Read more.
- Over 300,000 Huawei phones have completed HarmonyOS installation so far. Read more.
May 17, 2021:
- Some Android compatibility code was removed from Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 code to boost native app support. Read more.
- Huawei Mobile Services will be going to compete against Google and App, HarmonyOS will run 300 million devices and the story of six dominating technologies of Huawei. Read more.
May 16, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS has an aim to capture 16 percent of the total operating system market share ASAP. Read more.
- Download the Huawei harmonyOS Boot Sound, Notifications, Ringtones, System Sounds, and more. Read more.
May 15, 2021:
- Take a better look at HarmonyOS Control Center, the new notification panel, and more in this new video. Read more.
- Some Android games identify HarmonyOS on phones as PC emulators. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is a new life for Huawei smartphones and other Huawei smart devices. Check the first edition of this article here.
May 14, 2021:
- Huawei is not an Android replacement it’s a complete alternative for other phone makers and to grow Huawei’s operating system family. Read more.
- Jingdong launches the HarmonyOS version of the app on AppGallery with HarmonyOS app compatibility. Read more.
- New Qcc app launches on AppGallery for HarmonyOS app ecosystem. Read more.
May 13, 2021:
- A new developer beta rolling out for HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta testers that brings a number of new changes in the display, system performance, and more. Read more.
- HarmonyOS official Weibo page exceeded 110,000 followers without even making a single post. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS Connect Partner Summit set for May 18. Read more
May 12, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 still support Android apps but distributed capabilities and cross-device features are its superpowers. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 vs Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 app speed comparison shown in a test. check the video.
- Huawei Hongmeng Trademark got rejected, and here’s everything you need to know about this entire matter. Read more.
May 11, 2021:
- Xiaomi MIU Powered by HarmonyOS? check what happened in this video that’s spreading online. Read more
- Huawei will hold HarmonyOS Connect Summit for HarmonyOS ecosystem partners on May 18. Read more
May 10, 2021:
- These 7 Huawei devices receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 beta in the second developer phase. Check the list.
- Check this HarmonyOS video showing the cross-device feature in action. Read more.
- HarmonySO app size is very small in comparison to Android-based EMUI 11. Read more.
- Check the Huawei Mate 40 Pro running HarmonyOS 2.0 with all Google apps. Read more
- The New App downloading status animation of Huawei HarmonyOS looks stylish in a new video. Read more.
- Honor 30 Pro begins Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 internal beta testing, which is a piece of good news for Honor smartphone owners. Read more.
May 9, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonySO can still run Xposed modules even after upgrading from EMUI 11, this information is confirmed by Tai Chi developers. Read more.
- Huawei opens the second phase of HarmonyOS developer public beta testing. Read more.
- Huawei Watch gets the HarmonyOS edition of the Autonavi Map app. Read more.
- Large scale HarmonyOS rollout for Huawei phones to start in early June, as it aims to benefit industry partners. Read this report.
May 8, 2021:
- Qualcomm and MediaTek platforms to be adopted by HarmonyOS. Read more.
- HarmonyOS uses less RAM and Storage in comparison to Android-based EMUI 11. Read more.
- Honor 20, 30, V20, and V30 phones to receive HarmonyOS updates. Huawei seems to be also working on the low and mid-end processors to support HarmonyOS. Read more.
May 7, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 memory, space, and power consumption rate is lower than EMUI 11. On the other hand, efficiency is higher. Read more.
- These iOS 14 features coming to HarmonyOS under the new user interface and you should really see them. Read more.
- Huawei files two new trademarks related to HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Android outcast: Third party phone makers contacting Huawei to use HarmonyOS, which is a piece of bad news for Android. Read more.
May 6, 2021:
- Here’s the comparison of the app between HarmonyOS 2.0 beta vs EMUI 11. Read more.
- iOS 14 vs HarmonyOS 2.0, fight between two champions in terms of smoothness, animations, app loading time, and other aspects of testing. Read more.
- Check Huawei MatePad Pro tablet running HarmonyOS beta. Read More.
May 5, 2021:
- HarmonyOS and Huawei Vision S smart TV launches in the global market. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS can run Google Mobile Services and Play Store app after upgrading from EMUI 11. Read more.
- HarmoynOS 2.0 vs EMUI 11 boot speed comparison between Huawei MatePad Pro and Mate 40 RS Porsche Design. Read more.
- Huawei has finally removed the Powered by Android text logo from the HarmonyOS 2.0 boot screen. Read more.
May 4, 2021:
- Huawei phones will receive HarmonyOS update in June, says Huawei consumer business group president. Read more.
- Key changes after upgrading to HarmonyOS on Huawei device [Video]. Read more
- HarmonyOS 2.0 update released for Huawei Smart Screen V and S series. Read more.
- HarmonyOS Weibo page launched, will provide continuous information to Huawei device users. Read more.
- Check the app startup fluency battle between HarmonyOS 2.0 vs EMUI 11. Read more.
May 3, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS consuming less battery compared to EMUI 11 in tasks such as gaming and app handling. Read more.
- Download the Huawei HarmonyOS ringtone. Read more.
May 1, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta 3 added three new apps with cross-device features to increase the overall user experience. Read more.
- HarmonyOS DevEco studio 2.1 Beta 4 released with HarmonyOS SDK 126.96.36.199. Read more.
- First HarmonyOS powered air conditioner launched by Midea, comes with a one-touch smartphone connection system. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 dev beta 3 features show new quick settings, animations, settings menu, swipe gestures. Read more.
April 29, 2021:
- Huawei phones will have pre-installed HarmonyOS, Honor’s new phones will pack with Android 11 based Magic UI 5.0. Read more.
- HarmonyOS development started 5 years ago and it’s not a replacement for Android nor a copy of iOS. Read more.
April 28, 2021:
- Check the latest Huawei HarmonyOS mobile UI changes. Read more.
- HarmonyOS beta will be tested on a big list of models, with large testing to start soon. Read more.
- HarmonyOS developer beta goes up to 6GB in OTA update size. Read more.
- Quick Settings Menu of HarmonyOS looks changed and awesome. Read more.
April 27, 2021:
- Huawei Router H6 pre-sale starts feature HarmonyOS, Huawei Mesh+ high-speed network, and other important features. Read more.
- Huawei is testing a variety of apps with a new design for HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G with pre-built HarmonyOS passes 3C certificate featuring 66W charger. Read more.
- Midea cooking stove launched with Huawei HarmonyOS smartphone NFC chipset. Read more.
April 26, 2021:
- Huawei reveals HarmonyOS innovation incubation lab including smart home, sports health, smart travel, audio-visual and more. Read more.
April 25, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro receives network certification with HarmonyOS 2.0 pre-build operating system. Read more.
April 24, 2021:
- Huawei will reveal HarmonyOS global version detail later this year, suggests official. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS powered Arcfox Alpha S smart car. Read more.
April 23, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS is ready to debut in the global market with the launch of Huawei Vision S. Read more.
April 21, 2021:
- Huawei Developer Day is set for April 28. Read more.
- One-time development and multi-device deployment, Huawei launches HarmonyOS app development online experience website. Read more
April 21, 2021:
- These 19 Huawei devices now opened for HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta. Read more
- Huawei Developer Day is set for April 28. Read more.
April 15, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS Developer Day is set for April 17, check more information here.
- Huawei P50, MatePad Pro 2, FreeBuds 4, HarmonyOS mobile, and more products will launch soon, beginning from May. Read more.
April 19, 2021:
- ARCFOX Alpha S series smart car with HarmonyOS launched, check highlights, features, and price. Read more.
- Huawei introduced five new Huawei HI technology products. Read more about them here.
- Around 50 models are ready to receive HarmonyOS software updates including phones, smartwatches, tablets, Honor phones and more. Read more.
April 13, 2021:
- Multiple Huawei devices with HarmonyOS software kernel spotted on HiSuite app suggests near beta testing for the public users. Read more.
- Huawei will install HarmonyOS update in over 100 million devices in 2021. Read more.
April 12, 2021:
The latest info confirms that HarmonyOS upgrade for Huawei P30 devices and change in the kernel via HiSuit app. Read more.
April 8, 2021:
Huawei P50 and MatePad Pro 2 devices unveiling may delay up to June because of the launch of the HarmonyOS in a more stable version. Read more.
April 7, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 will come with a new HarmonyOS user interface, eSIM card support, and more new features. Read more.
- Honor 9X device spotted running the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta, which is really fantastic for the consumers. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is a unified language for different devices, Huawei aims to install it in over 300 million devices in 2021. Read more.
- Most of the Huawei phones will get HarmonyOS upgrade before June this year. Read more.
April 6, 2021:
Some of Joyoung products have started to use Huawei HarmonyOS in their products. Read more.
April 4, 2021:
- A new feature of HarmonyOS has appeared in the third build of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta, which allows users to share content between devices easier than before. Read more.
- Huawei laptop with Kirin 990 chipset to launch initially for enterprise users and could also upgrade with HarmonyOS. Read more.
April 1, 2021:
Huawei HarmonyOS phone and other development including DevEco Studio 2.1 beta 3 released for the developers. Read more.
March 31, 2021:
- Here’s you can check the key differences between the HarmonyOS, iOS, and Android operating systems. Read more.
- Huawei starts to roll out the beta 3 version of the HarmonyOS mobile developer program, public beta test next. Read more.
March 30, 2021:
Huawei’s first tablet with pre-installed HarmonyOS received a network certificate, according to the information it will come with two 12-inch screen sizes. Read more.
March 29, 2021:
Take a look at the information that you should know about the third beta of the HarmonyOS mobile developer preview. Read more
March 26, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS app ecosystem has been joined by over 300 application makers. Read more.
- Huawei announces HaramonyOS mobile dev beta 3, public beta to start in April this year. Read more.
March 24, 2021:
Huawei HarmonyOS for phones could launch at upcoming HDC events. Read more.
March 22, 2021:
Huawei may unveil its latest HarmonyOS at the event on April 24, 2021. Read more.
March 21, 2021:
A new leak reveals that Huawei P50 would be delayed for a new month will come with HarmonyOS pre-installed. Read more.
March 21, 2021:
Huawei HarmonyOS phone upgrade plan appeared online, suggests the first batch of the adaptation process. Read more.
March 18, 2021:
A Chinese phone maker comes to the light and presented its view on this matter to adopt Huawei HarmonyOS on its devices, check the reply here.
March 16, 2021:
HarmonyOS upgrade plan for Huawei phones suggests covering partial Kirin 710 devices. Read more
March 12, 2021:
- Honor 9X users will be upgraded to Hongmeng OS (HarmonyOS) later this year, which is big news for the consumers. Read more
- Huawei will directly upgrade the smartphones that even not received EMUI 11 or Magic UI 4 but this upgrade process may take sometime later this year. Read more
March 11, 2021:
Huawei has started registering developers for the next HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta event, which is scheduled for March 25. Read more
March 8, 2021:
Huawei started pushing the second beta software update of HarmonyOS Developer Preview, which brings a number of new additions to software services. Read more
March 7, 2021:
A tipster from China reveals that Huawei P50 has successfully completed the adaptation of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta. Read more
March 6, 2021:
Wang Chenglu added Hongmeng (HarmonyOS) is open for all. If other smartphone manufacturers want to use it, we will support it. Read more
February 27, 2021:
February 22, 2021:
Huawei officially announced that its home-grown operating system, HarmonyOS for smartphones will launch in April this year. Read more
February 3, 2021:
Huawei DevEco getting a bunch of new improvements via a new patch release and brings more comfort for the developers. Read more.
January 30, 2021:
Following the launch of the distributed operation system, HarmonyOS. Huawei is also planning to launch the HarmonyOS based distributed games technology for its devices. Read more.
January 23, 2021:
Check the four real-world demonstrations of the Huawei HarmonyOS and its synergy with the devices as well as seamless device interaction. Read more here.
January 22, 2021:
Geroge Zhao clearly answered the question of whether the newly separated Honor will use HarmonyOS 2.0 operation system? Check his reply here.
January 13, 2021:
Amid the concerns and reports of HarmonyOS being a copy of the Android. Huawei software division chief, Wang Chenglu detailed the key differences between HarmonyOS, Android and iOS. Read more here.
February 15, 2021:
Huawei Smart Camera Pro with HarmonyOS goes on sale in China. The camera capture a resolution output of 2K has AI smart detection+, has 32/64GB storage, HiSilicon chip, 3MP camera, and more. Read more.
January 8, 2021:
The Chinese tech giant applied for a new product trademark including Lingxi chip and processor in China. According to a report, this chip could be a native processor for the HarmonyOS operating system. Read more here.
January 1, 2021:
A tipster suggests that the Huawei P50 may not be the first smartphone to run the HarmonyOS 2.0 out of the box and it may be something completely different than this flagship. Read more here.
December 30, 2020:
Over 40 mainstream brands and 100 million smart devices will use Huawei’s HarmonyOS operating system in 2021 and it’s expected to grow more in the coming years. Read more here.
December 25, 2020:
First HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta started to rollout for the Huawei P40 and Mate 30 devices. Read more here.
December 21, 2020:
Huawei Vision S series smart TVs launched with HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) in three screen sizes 55, 65, 75-inch. Read more here.
December 21, 2020:
HarmonyOS will play a huge role in the 1+8+N smart strategy to increase the reach to more users. Read more here.
December 18, 2020:
Huawei applied for new trademarks for the HarmonyOS, which possibly hints at new apps. Read more here.
December 18, 2020:
Here’s the difference between HarmonyOS 2.0 and Android, you can check the feature power of the distributed technology. Read more here.
December 17, 2020:
Here are all of the features of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta. Read more here.
December 17, 2020:
A report suggests that the next Huawei P-series flagship will come with pre-installed HarmonyOS. However, an official confirmation is yet to be made. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
The first smartphone with HarmonyOS will launch in 2021. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Over 120 home appliance companies and 20+ hardware manufacturers joined the HarmonyOS ecosystem and to develop products. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
With the power of distributed UI controls and distributed technology, HarmonyOS 2.0 can automatically adjust on different screen size devices with just a one-time compilation. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
With the power of distributed UI controls and distributed technology, HarmonyOS 2.0 can automatically adjust on different screen size devices with just a one-time compilation. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Huawei has decided to upgrade its older devices with HarmonyOS by 2021. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Hands-on video of HarmonyOS 2.0 appeared online, showing its user interface and some key changes. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Following the release of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta, Huawei started recruiting P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices to test the HarmonyOS. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
HarmonyOS aims to install HarmonyOS operating system in over 100 million devices by 2021. These include smartphones, smart home appliances, IoT products, and more. Read more here.
December 15, 2020:
HarmonyOS 2.0 will support APK support for the users. Read more here.
December 11, 2020:
Huawei is working on a tablet that could launch with Huawei P50 in 2021 and it could run HarmonyOS based Pad OS. Read more here.
December 9, 2020:
According to tipsters, Huawei is preparing to launch a new smartwatch and it’ll launch alongside the Huawei P50 series in 2021. It’s possible that it could come with HarmonyOS operating system. Read More here.
December 7, 2020:
Huawei has confirmed to launch HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta on December 16 at an official event and to announce the development plan as well as tools for the developers. Read More here.
- December 4, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 Mobile Beta launch event set for December 16, check full agenda
- November 28, 2020: Stable EMUI 11 hints towards HarmonyOS upgrade, Android exclusion could be possible
- November 24, 2020: HarmonyOS beta to first land on Huawei Mate 40 series
- November 12, 2020: First home appliance products with Huawei’s HarmonyOS launched
- November 9, 2020: HarmonyOS beta for Huawei smartphones could launch in December under developer test
- October 31, 2020: Huawei introduces new car smart screen equipped with HarmonyOS and powered by HiCar system
- October 31, 2020: Huawei HI: New brand for Intelligent Automotive Solutions, powered by HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS)
- October 30, 2020: Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro launched with HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) app support
- October 27, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 powered Huawei Car Smart Screen launching on October 30
- October 8, 2020: HarmonyOS might not rollout for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 series, suggests a leak
- October 8, 2020: Take a look at HarmonyOS smart home product and a sneak peek of its ecosystem
- October 5, 2020: HarmonyOS smartphones upgrade plan allegedly leaked, Kirin 9000 first and Kirin 990 devices in second batch
- September 20, 2020: Baidu Maps now supports HarmonyOS 2.0, teases launch of HarmonyOS smartwatch
- September 17, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 UX upgrade for Honor Smart TVs will rollout in December, comes with mobile interface features
- September 13, 2020: HarmonyOS will be the center of the future smartphone industry: Huawei Software Chief
- September 12, 2020: Huawei aims to install HarmonyOS in 200 million devices by 2021
- September 12, 2020: Check the live video of HarmonyOS smartwatch, could launch this year
- September 11, 2020: EMUI 11 brings HarmonyOS 2.0 support, Huawei devices will shift on HarmonyOS
- September 11, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 launched, now supports tablets, wearable and even smartphones
- September 10, 2020: HarmonyOS smartphone could launch in early 2021
Huawei P50 is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 upgrade
The standard Huawei P50 is now receiving HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 software update in China. This update primarily optimizes system stability to make the flagship run smother and execute tasks on time. Huawei P50 users are recommended to install this software update as soon as it arrives.
This is another software update that Huawei is rolling out to improve this flagship device and deliver better to the consumers. However, the phone is only available for the Chinese market and Huawei P50 Pro has already on sale in the overseas market.
Coming to the details, Huawei P50 HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update could be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates > then tap on the Software update section, followed by the check for updates button. From here let the phone check for the available firmware version and fetch them down for you.
Be mentioned, Huawei P50 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 software, which on the other hand, runs solely on HarmonyOS in China. According to previous details, Huawei P50 series phones could be the first ones to test HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out.
Talking about the standard Huawei P50, the phone features a flat panel display, and a powerful camera system consisting of two large circles to house the cameras. While the design of the phone remains intriguing in all aspects. The P50 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset but only with 4G connectivity.
(via – Huawei)
Huawei FreeBuds Pro is testing HarmonyOS 2.0
It’s reported that one of the most popular smart audio devices – Huawei FreeBuds Pro is now testing HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. A screenshot coming from a Chinese consumer shows a FreeBuds Pro firmware upgrade with the HarmonyOS build version.
According to the screenshot, version 18.104.22.1686 is under testing with beta features and the update only has an OTA size of 2.89MB. The update has a big changelog. However, the Huawei support representative has a different angle on this matter, the representative is unaware of this firmware version and reveals that the latest Huawei FreeBuds Pro software version is 22.214.171.1246.
Huawei Audio Service Widget:
After opening the Control Panel, you’ll find the audio control center, which will help you to quickly switch between multiple devices with one tap.
The latest feature is supported by the following devices:
- FreeBuds 4
- FreeBuds 4E
- FreeBuds Pro
- FreeBuds Lipstick
- FreeBuds Studio
- Smart Glasses
Here’s how to update your FreeBuds Pro:
Connet your FreeBuds Pro devices to a HarmonyOS powered by, then open Huawei AppGallery, then tap on My, and then on Update management. From here tap on Audio Manager and Smart Life App. Tap on an update to update the application.
To update the latest Audio service on your phone’s home screen visit Settings > Bluetooth Settings and then tap on Audio Services, followed by Add to Home Screen option.
(via – ithome)
HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global Huawei smartphones?
Huawei has its fully-owned operating system – HarmonyOS, which offers a bunch of new features in comparison to the EMUI software. The operating system was designed to work across different platforms including an extra edge of functionality in smartphone devices. In the current scenario, the Chinese tech maker is pursuing the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and continuously enhancing it by releasing new software update versions.
Now, Huawei is planning to reveal the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system – HarmonyOS 3.0. This new version will surely come up with some advanced features for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other adapted platforms. However, it was also reported that the upcoming Mate 50 series could arrive with a pre-installed HarmonyOS 3.0.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC), the Chinese tech maker announced HarmonyOS 3.0. Although, the tech firm has not revealed any specific details on the user interface but we’re aware that Huawei has focused on the performance part this time and wants to rollout this software version on most of the devices.
Currently, Huawei has not announced the rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 or its testing but the developer preview roadmap of this software suggests that it could come somewhere in July. Still, a confirmation is awaited.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 for global users:
Meanwhile, many consumers of Huawei devices asked us, whether Huawei is planning to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for the global Huawei smartphone owners? To answer that, we should look at some facts that have appeared previously on the ground.
Huawei currently treats HarmonyOS 2.0 as the Chinese consumer-based operating system, especially for smartphones. The company has told us in a statement that it has no plans to roll this out to global smartphone users and continues to push EMUI as the lead smartphone software.
Meanwhile, Huawei consumers are taking on EMUI 12 as their prime operating system and receiving it via OTA software update. Looking at the fact that HarmonyOS 2.0 is not coming to the global market, Huawei has made some changes in the core EMUI user interface and brought it much closer to its Chinese counterpart.
However, confirmation is still awaited on whether HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global consumers.
So what do you think, HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for the global consumers? Let us know via the poll below.
Will Huawei launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for global consumers?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 15, 2022