Last week, Huawei has initially started the new HarmonyOS features beta testing program for top models including Mate X2 and Mate 40 Pro. In the latest development, the Chinese maker has started recruiting more devices belonging to Huawei and the Honor brand.
According to Huawei, the new HarmonyOS features beta testing activity is available for a limited time period as well as for a certain number of users in China. The registered beta participants will be the first to experience the new version as can get the chance to win rewards.
After the completion of recruitment, the company will release two or three test versions and the testing activity period is around two months. For a better experience of the multi-device collaboration feature, users must hold multi-devices. You can check the eligible device list below.
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (LIO-AL00)
- Honor Play 4T Pro (AQM-AL10)
The above-mentioned device users required the HarmonyOS baseline version, which is written below. To check the phone version open the settings > about phone > version number > check the version information.
Required HarmonyOS Version:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro: HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 (C00E207R8P6)
- Honor Play 4T Pro: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 (C00E210R5P3)
- Number of slots: 1500 each device [Link]
- Recruitment Time: February 18, 2022 – February 24 , 10:00
- Announcement of selected devices: Please pay attention to the follow-up update of this post for a specific time. The selected users will get the official SMS notification.
- Verison release time: See the follow-up official notification (if you fill in the registration information incorrectly or you are not on the baseline version that supports the upgrade, you will not receive the push)
Things to know:
- The same device cannot participate in two or more internal beta testing activities at the same time.
- Please confirm that the device is not in other internal testing activities before registration.
- The version cannot be rolled back before the end of the internal test.
- The internal test period is 2 months, and 2 test versions are planned to be released.
- Before signing up for this internal test, please make sure that the current device version is on the recruited baseline version.
- If there is a Beta club on your mobile, you can use the Beta club to give feedback.
List of compatible models required for multi-device collaboration related feature testing:
- Huawei Watch 3
- Huawei Watch 3 Pro
- Huawei Watch D
- Huawei Watch GT 3 (46mm)
- Huawei Watch GT 3 (42mm)
- Huawei Watch GT Runner
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro ECG
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm
- Huawei Watch GT 2e
- Huawei Band 6 Pro
- Huawei Band 6 NFC version
- Huawei MateView
- Smart car screen S50