Last week, Huawei has initially started the new HarmonyOS features beta testing program for top models including Mate X2 and Mate 40 Pro. In the latest development, the Chinese maker has started recruiting more devices belonging to Huawei and the Honor brand.
According to Huawei, the new HarmonyOS features beta testing activity is available for a limited time period as well as for a certain number of users in China. The registered beta participants will be the first to experience the new version as can get the chance to win rewards.
After the completion of recruitment, the company will release two or three test versions and the testing activity period is around two months. For a better experience of the multi-device collaboration feature, users must hold multi-devices. You can check the eligible device list below.
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (LIO-AL00)
- Honor Play 4T Pro (AQM-AL10)
The above-mentioned device users required the HarmonyOS baseline version, which is written below. To check the phone version open the settings > about phone > version number > check the version information.
Required HarmonyOS Version:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro: HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 (C00E207R8P6)
- Honor Play 4T Pro: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 (C00E210R5P3)
- Number of slots: 1500 each device [Link]
- Recruitment Time: February 18, 2022 – February 24 , 10:00
- Announcement of selected devices: Please pay attention to the follow-up update of this post for a specific time. The selected users will get the official SMS notification.
- Verison release time: See the follow-up official notification (if you fill in the registration information incorrectly or you are not on the baseline version that supports the upgrade, you will not receive the push)
Things to know:
- The same device cannot participate in two or more internal beta testing activities at the same time.
- Please confirm that the device is not in other internal testing activities before registration.
- The version cannot be rolled back before the end of the internal test.
- The internal test period is 2 months, and 2 test versions are planned to be released.
- Before signing up for this internal test, please make sure that the current device version is on the recruited baseline version.
- If there is a Beta club on your mobile, you can use the Beta club to give feedback.
List of compatible models required for multi-device collaboration related feature testing:
- Huawei Watch 3
- Huawei Watch 3 Pro
- Huawei Watch D
- Huawei Watch GT 3 (46mm)
- Huawei Watch GT 3 (42mm)
- Huawei Watch GT Runner
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro ECG
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm
- Huawei Watch GT 2e
- Huawei Band 6 Pro
- Huawei Band 6 NFC version
- Huawei MateView
- Smart car screen S50
Huawei HarmonyOS October 2022 security patch details out
We are in the first week of October and Huawei has just released the latest October 2022 security patch details for the devices running on the HarmonyOS operating system. On the other hand, the Chinese tech giant has also published October 2022 EMUI security details for global devices. Check the details here.
Huawei releases monthly security maintenance patches so as to keep its devices in tip-top condition. System security is very crucial for any device as it brings fixes for several vulnerabilities found in the latest software versions. Most importantly, the security patches protect the device against threats.
The October 2022 patch includes various fixes to resolve the bugs and issues in the system. Alongside this, the company will soon release the software update with the newest security patch starting from its flagship devices to its mid-range smartphones.
Meanwhile, there are some improvements and system optimizations underway to expand for different models in China. Furthermore, HarmonyOS 3 beta testing is also expanding in phases.
October 2022 Huawei HarmonyOS Security Patch Details:
The security patch from the Kernel section fixes a total of 12 vulnerabilities. It fixes one CVE from the critical level, three CVEs from the high level, and 8 CVEs from the medium level.
- Critical level – CVE-2022-38986
- High level – CVE-2022-41578, CVE-2022-41582, CVE-2022-39002.
- Medium level – CVE-2022-38984, CVE-2022-38998, CVE-2022-39011, CVE-2022-41584, CVE-2022-41585, CVE-2022-41576, CVE-2022-41577, CVE-2022-41583
The latest patch rectifies 3 CVEs from the high level and 16 CVEs from the medium level. However, these vulnerabilities could cause errors in the device and may result in the phone lock being cracked.
- Critical – None
- High – CVE-2022-38983, CVE-2022-41589, CVE-2022-38982
- Medium – CVE-2021-46839, CVE-2021-46840, CVE-2022-41580, CVE-2022-41581, CVE-2022-41586, CVE-2022-41588, CVE-2022-41603, CVE-2022-41592, CVE-2022-41593, CVE-2022-41594, CVE-2022-41595, CVE-2022-41597, CVE-2022-41598, CVE-2022-41600, CVE-2022-41601, CVE-2022-41602.
The September 2022 HarmonyOS patch includes 1 high-level CVE and three medium-level CVEs. These issues relate to the facial recognition module of the device and may affect data confidentiality.
- Critical – None
- High – CVE-2022-38980
- Medium – CVE-2022-38977, CVE-2022-38981, CVE-2022-38985
The freshly released security patch from the third-party library section resolves 1 critical, 12 high, and 15 severities from the medium level of the system.
- Critical – CVE-2021-30339
- High – CVE-2022-20393, CVE-2022-20395, CVE-2022-22822, CVE-2022-23852, CVE-2022-23990, CVE-2022-25314, CVE-2022-25704, CVE-2022-25706, CVE-2022-22095, CVE-2022-25656, CVE-2022-25670, CVE-2022-20260
- Medium – CVE-2022-28388, CVE-2022-20254, CVE-2022-20308, CVE-2022-20325, CVE-2022-20331, CVE-2022-20361, CVE-2022-20082, CVE-2021-35133, CVE-2022-20081, CVE-2021-35083, CVE-2022-22086, CVE-2021-30281, CVE-2021-30349, CVE-2021-39815, CVE-2022-20122.
Huawei begins Watch 3/Pro series WeChat watch version testing
After the GT 3 series, it’s time for Huawei Watch 3/Pro devices to jump into the internal testings of the WeChat watch version. The company has started stretching the official roots of WeChat for all eligible smart wearables.
A few days ago, the company has rolled out a beta version of HarmonyOS 3.0 for the Watch 3 Pro devices with WeChat features. However, the difference was, the firmware existed for only Pro variants with a limited number of users.
On the flip side, we have also reported that after the GT 3 series, Huawei will turn its face to the very efficient – Watch 3 series with the internal testing procedures. Looks like the time has arrived when the Huawei Watch 3 series users will also be able to fetch the WeChat version.
WeChat – in recent times, we have mentioned this term frequently. Well, it is an instant messaging application that allows users to share texts and media content with their contacts. So far, the company has only initiated the intended features of WeChat to its devices. However, now it’s time to catch the official version.
The company has officially initiated the testing of the WeChat edition for the Watch 3 series in the form of the HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 (C00E130R1P130log) build. Further, the firmware carries a huge package size of 256MB.
As quoted, this firmware mainly focuses on the WeChat watch version addition for the respective devices. As a result, users will find more responsive communication features on the wrist after installing the latest software build.
HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 Update Changelog
The changelog reads the presence of the WeChat watch version. To access the features, scan the watch’s WeChat QR code using the smartphone WeChat application. After scanning, the screen will display the message “Watch WeChat logged in”.
Alternatively, now you will be able to easily operate and view WeChat messages. Besides, you can quickly react to or reply to the received texts. You can also opt for voice replies as per convenience. Further, you can check WeChat message reminders, pictures, emoji expressions, and much more.
Apart from that, the WeChat version will allow you to utilize the WeChat Pay application. Consequently, you can carry out multiple transactions and payment options without even using your handset.
- Ensure that you use HarmonyOS 2 or Android 9.0 and above interface in your smartphone.
- Update the Huawei Health and WeChat application to their latest versions.
- The update procedure may take time. Do not panic and wait patiently for the completion of the update.
- If you encounter any problems during use, please visit the My Huawei app or contact with Huawei Customer service center.
2 new chipboards launched for Huawei OpenHarmony
Recently, 2 new development chipboards were launched for the open-source Huawei HarmonyOS operating system –OpenHarmony. This launch will further improve the community backbone, and the OpenHarmony chip/development board platform has been further enriched.
So far there are 20 chips/development boards have been integrated into the OpenHarmony backbone, and the OpenHarmony ecosystem continues to grow.
The integration into the backbone means that more community developers and partners can build, improve and enrich various functions around the chip, and build more development versions covering different solution scenarios and categories.
For developers, it can greatly reduce the development threshold of OpenHarmony, which is convenient to develop at a lower cost and experience more of the latest features of OpenHarmony.
For enterprises in the industry, it greatly reduces the OpenHarmony development cost of chip adaptation. Hence, developers can quickly and cost-effectively create their own products, and more flexibly adapt to various terminals, jointly promoting the digital and intelligent transformation of the industry.
It is reported that the 2 development chipboards of OpenHarmony are the KHDVK-3566B development board launched by Shenzhen Kaihong Digital Industry Development Co., Ltd. Digital Industry Development Co., Ltd. (referred to as “Kaihong Zhigu Company”) is a Niobe U4 development board based on ESP32 series chips.
Shenzhen Kaihong KHDVK-3566B is a smart screen development board based on OpenHarmony embedded KaihongOS, using ROCKCHIP RK3566 Cortex-A55 quad-core processor, with quad-core performance, high-energy drive, rich interfaces, and other features, the software has flexible tailoring, safety, and reliability.
The characteristics of resource sharing and seamless circulation are suitable for tablet computers, face-scanning cash registers, home appliance display screens, industrial robots, medical testing equipment, advertising machines, digital signage, teaching all-in-one machines, and other equipment, and are widely used in smart finance and smart industry. , smart education, smart energy, smart consumption, and other fields.
The Niobe U4 development board of Kaihong Zhigu Company is based on the ESP32-U4WDH chip. The chip is small in size, fast in speed, and powerful in function. It is a chip specially designed for the Internet of Things, with ultra-high RF performance and stability, versatility and reliability, as well as ultra-low power consumption, can meet different power consumption requirements, suitable for smart homes, smart education, and other applications scenarios.
The complete SDK provided by Kaihong Zhigu company and a large number of application examples blessing In this way, developers can quickly and easily carry out secondary development.