Recently, Huawei has started to roll out a new HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update for the top devices of the company including Huawei Mate 40, P40, Mate 30, and more. These smartphones have got the front seat in the HM OS beta program to experience the new features.
With the unveiling of the HarmomyOS 2.0 operating system, Huawei has announced the HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta for these devices in China. For more information, currently, all the HarmonyOS software update rollout remains exclusive for Chinese variants and will soon expand in the global market.
After public beta testing, on June 23, Huawei has finally announced the first HarmonyOS 2.0 stable update for 18 devices including Huawei Mate 40, P40, Mate 30, and more. Now, these devices users can upgrade their devices to new HM OS without participating in the beta program.
So, users are eager to know what’s new with this new update brings for? So, don’t we have collected all the information for you in one place, which is mentioned below.
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 30
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30E
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei devices and their new version:
Huawei Mate 40 series smartphones users getting HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11 upgraded from 18.104.22.168. On the other hand, Huawei Mate 30 and P40 smartphones users grabbing new HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.124 from 126.96.36.199.
Note: Currently, this HarmonyOS 2.0 update is rolling out to Huawei developers, who have registered in HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing earlier. Afterward, this update will be expanded to users of the above-mentioned devices.
To explore the new HarmonyOS 2.0 changelog:
- Update package 1: Optimize the content display of the calendar interface
- Update package 2: Optimizes the sound experience of Bluetooth headsets in some game scenarios.
Points to keep in mind:
- This update will not erase your data.
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
To know more about the HarmonyOS feature, watch the linked video:
Huawei Mate 40 Series HM OS updates [Tracker]
Last October, Huawei launched its annual flagship series, Huawei Mate 40 with advanced hardware and software technology including a powerful Kirin 9000 processor, EMUI 11 operating system, 90Hz screen refresh rate, and more.
The Huawei Mate 40 series comes in four variants:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
Among these models, Huawei Mate 40 standard variant is equipped with Kirin 9000E processor, 50MP triple rear camera, 13MP selfie camera, 4200mAh battery, and more.
On the other hand, last December, Huawei began the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing program for limited devices including Mate 40 series smartphones, ahead of the official unveiling.
On June 2, Huawei has officially presented the HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones among the consumers. Simultaneously, the company started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for 18 devices.
The list of 18 devices also contains the models from Huawei Mate 40 lineup. Since then, these smartphones continuously receiving new features and improvements via OTA upgrades.
Under the public beta testing program, Huawei will send several HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei Mate 40 series beta update rollouts in China.
HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing is currently limited to Chinese users and may not be available for global users at the moment.
ROLLOUT TIMELINE FOR HUAWEI MATE 40 SERIES:
April 23, 2022:
- Huawei April 2022 software update reached to flagship – Huawei Mate 40 smartphone powered by HarmonyOS 2.0. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40E is receiving March 2022 security update. Read more
March 22, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 series is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 [CN]. Read more
March 04, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206SP12 beta changelog. Read more
March 01, 2022:
- February 2022 HM OS update rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E getting February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Series getting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E smartphone began collecting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
December 1, 2021:
- December 2021 update released for Huawei Mate 40 series(CN) read more.
- Huawei Mate 40E install December 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40E grabs November 2021 security update read more.
November 8, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G gets 220.127.116.11 update with November patch and features read more.
November 5, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 is receiving November 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
October 17, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 40 series rolling out read more.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 models getting HarmonyOS multi-window bug fix update read more.
August 18, 2021:
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 read more.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series will get new HarmonyOS version optimizations with improvements read more.
August 7, 2021:
- Celia optimizations rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series (HarmonyOS 2) read more.
July 28, 2021:
- Battery improvement patch released for Huawei Mate 40 series HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 23, 2021:
- All Huawei Mate 40 series (CN) users can now upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 12, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 system patch
Huawei has begun to roll out a new HarmonyOS 2.0 software patch for Huawei Mate 40 series smartphones that brings important optimization for Celia AI voice assistant.
July 5, 2021:
- Third HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40 series -HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
June 22, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40E – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199
This update brings optimizations for WiFi connectivity, new fixes for the Contact app, lock screen wallpaper issue, and system improvements for a better user experience.
June 19, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
This update brings optimizations for sound, display, internet stability, contact app, system, and more to enhance the overall system performance.
June 3, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206
The first HarmonyOS update for Mate 40 devices installs features consisting of a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a next-level user experience.
September 2021 update rolling out for these 7 Huawei devices
We’re now in October and Huawei is preparing to unveil a number of new smart products this month. However, the software rollout continues as usual. In the latest episode, the Chinese tech maker is seeding the September 2021 security update for 7 Huawei devices that are running its latest operating system.
According to the information, Huawei is rolling out September 2021 security update for 7 Huawei devices including – Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Maimang 8, Enjoy 9S, Enjoy Z 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, and Maimang 9 5G, and the Huawei P40 5G.
To be mentioned, these 8 devices run HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Some of the models are still under beta testing and a few of them just participated in the closed testing environment.
Let’s check the rollout details and changelog below.
September 2021 Update Eligible Models:
- Enjoy 20 Plus 5G – (FRL-AN00a/TN00)
- Maimang 8 – (POT-AL00)
- Enjoy 9S – (POT-Tl00a)
- Enjoy Z 5G – (DVC-AN00)
- Enjoy 20 Pro 5G – (DVC-AN20/TN20)
- Maimang 9 5G – (TNN-AN00)
- P40 5G – (ANA-AN00/TN00)
Time dive into Changes:
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, Enjoy Z 5G, and Maimang 9 5G receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11. This software build brings a new size adjustment feature for home screen icons and users can access it via Settings, Home screen and wallpaper, Home screen settings, and then open icon size option to access.
This update also brings a new security patch released in the month of September 2021 for an improved system and ensures that your phone runs safe and secure.
On the other hand, Huawei Maimang 8 and Enjoy 9S getting new software with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168. This update brings important improvements for the system stability to improve the overall user experience and performance.
Among these, Huawei is also sending a new software version – 22.214.171.124 for the HarmonyOS powered P40 5G devices. The rollout is conducted under the beta mode and brings a number of new features. The changelog shows to include a new task center feature, a cross-device task management function.
In the task center (swipe from the bottom of the screen for a short pause to enter), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WiFi network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center).
This update also adds a new Celia Keyboard app, as well as optimizes the touch as well volume adjustment feature in the accessibility section. Furthermore, this update optimizes the system stability for power consumption in some situations, which could save an extra amount of battery for the device users.
Honor 30 and V30 series getting .168 update with new HarmonyOS features
HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199 rolling out for Honor 30 and Honor V30 series phones upgrading from 188.8.131.52. This firmware has new features and a number of better software improvements for various aspects of the software system.
According to the changelog, the latest .168 update for Honor 30 Pro, 30 Pro+, Honor V30, and V30 Pro smartphones comes with a new multi-camera mode that allows you to shoot photographs from different devices using various perspectives.
The update also improves the camera by fixes a certain watermark issue, there are fixes for control panel icons’ abnormal appearance. Furthermore, the .168 update package brings September 2021 security patches for the Honor 30 and V30 series devices.
HarmonyOS 2.0 version .168 eligible devices:
- Honor V30 (OXF-AN00)
- Honor V30 Pro (OXF-AN10)
- Honor 30 Pro (EBG-AN00)
- Honor 30 Pro (EBG-TN00)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (EBG-AN10)
HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 changelog:
- Camera: Added multi-camera mode. During shooting, you can choose a HarmonyOS 2 mobile phone or tablet (with multi-camera mode required) in the same WLAN network as the lens to take wonderful pictures from multiple angles and realize remote control.
- Camera: Fix the problem that the camera watermark cannot be automatically rotated in some situations.
- Display: Fix the problem that some icons in the control panel are not displayed
- Security: Integrates the September 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system.
How to update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, tap on the update, then select Check for updates, and then download and install.
However, there are a few things that you need to know before you proceed towards the update procedure. First, it’s recommended that you need to keep sufficient storage, keep an optimum battery level. Please wait while the update installs.