Huawei continues to expand the reach of the HarmonyOS operating system on smartphones. To do this, the Chinese tech maker is upgrading its devices via closed and public beta testing. Adding to this, the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta rollout of recently selected devices has now also begun including 4 years Huawei old ones.
According to the information, the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta for Huawei P10, Mate 9, Nova 3 and Enjoy 9 Plus devices. This new version upgrades these 4 years old devices directly from EMUI 9.1 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168. Check a detailed models detail below.
- Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro (LON-AL00)
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design (LON-AL00)
- Huawei P10 (VTR-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus (JKM-AL00/Al00a/Al00b/Tl00)
- Huawei Nova 3 (PAR-AL00/TL00)
HarmonyOS for these old devices:
The first HarmonyOS beta update will surely bring a new color of joy and excitement for the above-mentioned models. However, it could be more exciting if the company rollout jumps to the global market and deliver the same treatment for the global Huawei consumers.
HarmonyOS First Beta Feature:
- HarmonyOS Home screen: Slide up the application icon with a horizontal line at the bottom to generate a universal card. The size of the card can be large or small. Drag to change the position and change the personalized desktop
- Control Center: Slide down from the top left of the screen to the notification center to view notifications message; slipped into the top of the screen from the right side control center convenient shortcut switch
- Slide: services may enter the service center from the lower left corner or lower right edge of the screen, the convergence of various types of universal card tap to direct service
- Large folder: Long press the desktop to store the application folder can be displayed as a large folder, the applications in the large folder can be directly accessed by clicking the application icon, which is more convenient to use
- HarmonyOS font: Supports stepless font weight changes, which can be adjusted by the slider Font size and thickness, with a comfortable viewing experience to satisfy your reading habits. Smart life in the whole scene
- Unlimited: New message chat function, support for sending encrypted messages, dynamic expressions, dragging to play voice messages, and multiple pictures to send Added screen sharing function. Share screen during video calls. Not only can you share screen information, you can also graffiti freely on the screen, and share information while chatting.
- AI Voice: Adjust the way to turn on Smart Voice. Press the power button for 1 second to bring up Wisdom Voice
HarmonyOS 3.0 shuffles status bar icons, check comparison with HarmonyOS 2.0
Huawei is conducting HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta run on smartphones and the company has made some shuffling in the status bar icons of the software. Although, the exchange was minor but it says a lot about Huawei’s intention of making the OS perfect as it now looking into deeper roots and removing all of the weak angles.
Coming to the status bar shuffle, Huawei has changed the position of some icons from left to right in the HarmonyOS 3.0. For instance, the WiFi icons are now moved toward the right, while the clock has been shifted to the left along with the notification icon. There are also some icons that have been removed from the status bar, which are no longer required to show.
Comparing these changes to HarmonyOS 2.0.
HarmonyOS 2.0 has WiFi and notification icons on the left while keeping the rest of the icons on the right. As you can see, the clock has had been on the right side of the status bar.
The changes in position might be related to the feedback from consumers. However, it’s not a final image of the software. As it will continuously be improved on the road to begin public beta testing for more Huawei smartphone users.
Thereafter, feedback will further shape HarmonyOS 3.0 for the final release.
A week ago, Huawei began registration of HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta for the public Huawei smartphone users. This enables the phone owners to jump into the beta program stage and download the latest HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta firmware.
According to the information, Huawei is still registering smartphone owners in China for HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta testing until July 15. Hereafter, the company will continue to evaluate and send beta builds for the registered Huawei devices under the beta testing phase.
Currently, the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta is began testing on the following models: P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS Porsche Design. Huawei tablet: MatePad Pro 12.6-inch 2021 model.
(via – Source)
Huawei May 2022 HarmonyOS update rolling for Honor 9X series
Honor 9X series which consists of the standard 9X model and the Pro variant is finally receiving the May 2022 security update. The update is rolling out in batches and will gradually expand among the corresponding device users.
The latest firmware is upgraded from the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 version and appears as 126.96.36.199. Moreover, it is only compatible with specific models of the Honor 9X series. Hence, users must check the device version and model, before installing the update.
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00)
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00a)
- Honor 9X Pro (HLK-AL10)
Users holding Honor 9X series smartphones must note that apart from increasing the system security and stability, the latest May 2022 update does not mingle any new changes. Yet, it mends the common issues and exploits of the system, resulting in smooth functioning of the device.
- Incorporates May 2022 security patch that enhances system security.
How to Update Honor 9X Series?
Although the OTA update is on its way, you can try the manual trick to grab the software. Just go to the Settings, and click on the System & Updates. Further, tap on the Software Updates followed by the Check for Updates.
Let the phone connect to the server, and bring the latest update on the screen. To the available update, hit the Download and Install button. Thereafter, we recommend users let the system optimize the new application so that the device could run efficiently.
Honor 9X series
There isn’t much difference between the classic 9X and the Honor 9X Pro smartphone. Both the device features a 6.59-inch LCD panel and appeared with the Android 9 system on the consumer platform.
Besides, both smartphones sport a tri-cam plateau on the back side. This plateau gives space to a 48MP prime shooter, an 8MP ultrawide lens with a 120-degree angle, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front side, the devices display a motorized pop-up camera of 16MP.
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G gets June 2022 HarmonyOS update
The 5G capable smartphone – Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus has started grabbing a new software update that integrates the June 2022 security patch. The firmware is carrying the latest HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52, updated from HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206.
According to the information, the new June 2022 update for Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus handset enhances the system security. Consequently, it shields the core structure of the device in order to protect it from minor bugs and issues.
Apart from these improvements, the update also increases the system stability and boosts the performance level of the device. Thus, making the smartphone system more comprehensive and responsive to the users.
Currently, the update is rolling out in batches, which indicates that it will take a long while to approach all the devices. In the meantime, users can try the manual method to reach the new update by navigating to the phone’s Settings, followed by System & Updates, and Software Updates.
Further, tap on the Check For Updates and wait for the phone to get the latest update for you. Thereafter, click on the Download & Install option, and continue the installation procedure.
Models receiving updates:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G (FRL-AN00a)
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G (FRL-TN00)
New Software Detail:
- Latest Version: Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G users getting HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Changelog: Updated to the security patch released in June 2022 for improved system security
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
The round-mounted camera smartphone featuring a 6.63-inch IPS LCD screen appeared in 4 shiny colorways. Showing a battery capacity of 4200mAh with fast charging of 40W, Enjoy 20 Plus has been an iconic model in the Enjoy lineup.
The device captures a 48MP primary lens, with an 8MP ultrawide shooter, and a 2MP macro sensor. On the front side, it packs a motorized pop-up selfie camera of 16 megapixels.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter