Huawei continues to expand the reach of the HarmonyOS operating system on smartphones. To do this, the Chinese tech maker is upgrading its devices via closed and public beta testing. Adding to this, the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta rollout of recently selected devices has now also begun including 4 years Huawei old ones.
According to the information, the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta for Huawei P10, Mate 9, Nova 3 and Enjoy 9 Plus devices. This new version upgrades these 4 years old devices directly from EMUI 9.1 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52. Check a detailed models detail below.
- Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro (LON-AL00)
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design (LON-AL00)
- Huawei P10 (VTR-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus (JKM-AL00/Al00a/Al00b/Tl00)
- Huawei Nova 3 (PAR-AL00/TL00)
HarmonyOS for these old devices:
The first HarmonyOS beta update will surely bring a new color of joy and excitement for the above-mentioned models. However, it could be more exciting if the company rollout jumps to the global market and deliver the same treatment for the global Huawei consumers.
HarmonyOS First Beta Feature:
- HarmonyOS Home screen: Slide up the application icon with a horizontal line at the bottom to generate a universal card. The size of the card can be large or small. Drag to change the position and change the personalized desktop
- Control Center: Slide down from the top left of the screen to the notification center to view notifications message; slipped into the top of the screen from the right side control center convenient shortcut switch
- Slide: services may enter the service center from the lower left corner or lower right edge of the screen, the convergence of various types of universal card tap to direct service
- Large folder: Long press the desktop to store the application folder can be displayed as a large folder, the applications in the large folder can be directly accessed by clicking the application icon, which is more convenient to use
- HarmonyOS font: Supports stepless font weight changes, which can be adjusted by the slider Font size and thickness, with a comfortable viewing experience to satisfy your reading habits. Smart life in the whole scene
- Unlimited: New message chat function, support for sending encrypted messages, dynamic expressions, dragging to play voice messages, and multiple pictures to send Added screen sharing function. Share screen during video calls. Not only can you share screen information, you can also graffiti freely on the screen, and share information while chatting.
- AI Voice: Adjust the way to turn on Smart Voice. Press the power button for 1 second to bring up Wisdom Voice
Huawei HarmonyOS Upgrade Plan: Devices and Rollout Time [List]
The story of HarmonyOS smartphone testing began on December 16, 2020. At this date, Huawei announced HarmonyOS 2.0 Developer beta testing for a number of old flagships. Initially, HarmonyOS become available in the testing range of Huawei developers and industry partners. The HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing slots for models from Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro series devices.
Post recruitment, Huawei selected and processed the developer beta applications and sent the first HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta OTA update to select testers.
Since beta testing is a staged process, Huawei conducted and released several betas builds to developers. After three months of internal beta flight, in April, the company expanded HarmonyOS beta testing for more devices such as Mate 40 series, Mate X2, and others, labeled under HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta.
In the following month, mid-range smartphones – Huawei Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 lineups also joined the second phase beta activity in the second round of the Developer Open beta.
After 6 months of trials and developer testing, Huawei finally made up its mind of sending HarmonyOS on the consumer version of smartphones and it began on June 2.
On June 2, Huawei officially launched HarmonyOS for smartphone devices, a brand new operating system and a successor of EMUI software system, which was based on Android.
HarmonyOS is surely interesting, isn’t it? But the key interesting thing is, which devices will get HarmonyOS software update and when will it start to rollout? Well, Huawei has shared its official roadmap of upgrading old devices with its operating system and it’s detailed below.
This rollout plan has blown my mind as it covers devices that go up to the year 2016, and it’s absolutely insane and beyond my words. This is surely exciting news for the Huawei consumers and it reflects that Huawei wants to change all of the Huawei devices (launched in the past) on HarmonyOS.
Here, you can check all of the information about the HarmonyOS upgrade plan, timeline, and rollout devices.
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from June 2, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 4G
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei MatePad Pro WiFi
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the third quarter of 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro 4G
- Huawei Nova 7 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the fourth quarter of 2021:
- Huawei Smart Screen V 55 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 75 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 85 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75
- Huawei Smart Screen X 65
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the first half of 2022:
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design
- Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Huawei Nova 2s
- Huawei Enjoy 10
- Huawei Enjoy 10s
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8 inches
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet
- Huawei Smart Screen V55i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65i
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2019
- Huawei Smart Screen V 76 2019
- This plan will first apply to the Chinese models
- This list could be updated
- Global Huawei models could differ from the Chinese model
- Rollout time for global models could be different
Honor HarmonyOS Upgrade Plan: Devices and Rollout Time [List]
Huawei has officially unveiled its new operating system HarmonyOS to the world, as it promises to deliver cross-device capabilities among different platforms. This year, Huawei has planned to cross the mark by installing HarmonyOS in 300 million devices, these include both new and old models of smartphones, tablets, IoT devices, smartphone home devices, in-car systems, and other third-party devices.
Last year, Honor became an independent firm and now planning to return to the smartphone market with a number of new products.
However, Honor device users are also concerned about their future and existing device owners are also interested to receive HarmonyOS operating system update.
But don’t worry Honor phone users, you may be out of Huawei’s leadership but you’ll still be cared for by the company in terms of software support.
Because we now have a confirmed list of Honor devices that will upgrade with HarmonyOS. Similar to Huawei devices, the list also includes the oldest node of the device possible to support HarmonyOS features.
So, without further ado, let’s jump into this section and know which devices will receive HarmonyOS software updates and when.
Honor devices that will receive HarmonyOS fourth quarter of 2021:
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor 30S
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 Moschino Edition
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor X10
- Honor X10 Max
- Honor Tablet 6
- Honor Tablet X6
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor 30 Youth Edition
- Honor Play 4
Honor Devices that will receive HarmonyOS in the first half of 2022:
- Honor V10
- Honor 10
- Honor Play
- Honor 20S
- Honor Play4T Pro
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor 8X
- Honor 10 Youth Edition
- Honor 20i
- Honor 9
- Honor V9
- Honor Play 3
- Honor Note 10
- Honor Tablet 5 8-inch
- Honor Tablet 5 10.1-inch
Huawei Mate 20 Pro HarmonyOS portrait service widget feature rolling out
Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the Mate 20 Pro that brings an important HarmonyOS portrait gallery service widget feature. This is an addition to other ingredients of the latest software rollout for the Mate 20 device in China.
The changelog is identical to the software rollout that became visible for the Huawei Mate 40 series, very recently in China. Therefore, the same update is now being sent to these three years old flagship.
According to the information, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro portrait service widget feature update comes with HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 along with an update package size of 0.97GB. This is quite a big package because there’s a lot more to explore.
The latest portrait service widget allows you to rotate photos (in gallery view), swipe to change them to change the on-screen image, or click on the photo to open the app for a large view of selection.
The new software update for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a better service center, a new cross-device task manager, adds Celia keyboard as well as system stability and AI Celia voice assistant improvement.
This update is currently expanding in batches for the Huawei Mate 20 series models running HarmonyOS 2.0 in China. Therefore, the Chinese tech maker is now wondering to improve the device with the latest enhancements as possible.
The latest software rollout is only available for the Chinese consumers of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, while the global users still run EMUI 11 software system and waiting eagerly for the next major upgrade.
How to Update
If you have the Huawei Mate 20 or Mate 20 Pro with the HarmonyOS operating system, you can check for the update via the following instructions.
Go to the settings section. To do this, open Settings > Software & updates > updates, Check for updates, and if available, download and install. Your phone will restart and begin the installation process.
Before you begin, it’s recommended that you charge your smartphone sufficiently so it won’t run out of power during the update procedure. Also, keep a backup of your important data, so you won’t lose a nick of your important memories. Furthermore, the downloaded update package will be deleted automatically once the installation finishes.