HarmonyOS beta rolling out for these 4 years old Huawei devices
Huawei continues to expand the reach of the HarmonyOS operating system on smartphones. To do this, the Chinese tech maker is upgrading its devices via closed and public beta testing. Adding to this, the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta rollout of recently selected devices has now also begun including 4 years Huawei old ones.
According to the information, the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta for Huawei P10, Mate 9, Nova 3 and Enjoy 9 Plus devices. This new version upgrades these 4 years old devices directly from EMUI 9.1 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124. Check a detailed models detail below.
- Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro (LON-AL00)
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design (LON-AL00)
- Huawei P10 (VTR-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-AL00/TL00)
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus (JKM-AL00/Al00a/Al00b/Tl00)
- Huawei Nova 3 (PAR-AL00/TL00)
HarmonyOS for these old devices:
The first HarmonyOS beta update will surely bring a new color of joy and excitement for the above-mentioned models. However, it could be more exciting if the company rollout jumps to the global market and deliver the same treatment for the global Huawei consumers.
HarmonyOS First Beta Feature:
- HarmonyOS Home screen: Slide up the application icon with a horizontal line at the bottom to generate a universal card. The size of the card can be large or small. Drag to change the position and change the personalized desktop
- Control Center: Slide down from the top left of the screen to the notification center to view notifications message; slipped into the top of the screen from the right side control center convenient shortcut switch
- Slide: services may enter the service center from the lower left corner or lower right edge of the screen, the convergence of various types of universal card tap to direct service
- Large folder: Long press the desktop to store the application folder can be displayed as a large folder, the applications in the large folder can be directly accessed by clicking the application icon, which is more convenient to use
- HarmonyOS font: Supports stepless font weight changes, which can be adjusted by the slider Font size and thickness, with a comfortable viewing experience to satisfy your reading habits. Smart life in the whole scene
- Unlimited: New message chat function, support for sending encrypted messages, dynamic expressions, dragging to play voice messages, and multiple pictures to send Added screen sharing function. Share screen during video calls. Not only can you share screen information, you can also graffiti freely on the screen, and share information while chatting.
- AI Voice: Adjust the way to turn on Smart Voice. Press the power button for 1 second to bring up Wisdom Voice
Huawei AITO M5 and M5 EV will get HarmonyOS 3
During the Huawei P60 series launch event, Huawei Smart Car Business Cheif, Yu Chengdong announced that all AITO smart car models will get HarmonyOS 3.0 operating system by the end of this month.
HarmonyOS 3 for these AITO M5 cars will bring new features including a super home screen and smart car search. The net recommendation score of Huawei M5 car owners is 86.4%
Huawei also announced that the M5 and M5 EV high-end autonomous driving versions will launch in April, which won’t need high-precision maps. Yu Chengdong said that Huawei should be far ahead in the field of the smart cockpit and smart driving.
HarmonyOS 3.1 launched with brand new lock screen
Today, Huawei launched HarmonyOS 3.1 and Huawei P60 series is the first smartphone to pack this new HarmonyOS operating system with a brand lock screen feature.
Yes, HarmonyOS 3.1 allows users to customize the lock screen with new options and always-on-display features. This version supports 3D dynamic weather widgets, which enable you to easily obtain time, weather, date, notifications, and other information with AOD.
This new HarmonyOS software also has a new software user experience designed for Huawei devices and it also supports new camera optimizations.
HarmonyOS 3.1 launched with an improved security and privacy system. It provides users with full lifecycle security control for background pop-up windows, hidden applications, background task execution, and more.
According to Huawei, the HarmonyOS operating system deleted over 3.6 million malicious applications and 200 million malicious attacks every day. This is a step to ensure that the smartphone remains safe in all conditions.
Additionally, HarmonyOS 3.1 lets you enjoy amazing animations that weren’t part of HarmonyOS 3.0. The addition of these new features takes the entire user experience to the next level. Also, there are minor tweaks that are always ready to be explored.
Aside form Huawei P60 series, Huawei will also roll out this upgrade for more users very soon.
HarmonyOS 3.1: Here’s what you can expect
A new HarmonyOS version will launch with the Huawei P60 series on March 23. And here’s everything you can expect from this upcoming HarmonyOS 3.1 software and its specialties.
Aside from the new technological advancements, the Huawei P60 series will bring powerful camera capabilities to take amazing photographs on the go. However, a better hardware experience is connected to the software. That’s why, users can take benefit from HarmonyOS 3.1 in various ways.
You can expect HarmonyOS 3.1 to come with major improvements and bug fixes for the entire HarmonyOS operating system. This new version has eye-catching animations with added fluidity and physics-based response.
The new animations reflect all around the UI and UX. That’s why the difference between HarmonyOS 3.0 and 3.1 will be visible to all of the users.
HarmonyOS 3.1 brings an optimized control panel and it has new app shortcuts in case you need to jump on a certain app. The task execution between apps and the launch speed are also enhanced to provide fast feedback.
Other than these, Huawei is providing a developer-friendly environment, which allows them to deploy fast HarmonyOS 3.1 applications. For now, Huawei has not announced a rollout date for old devices but it could happen next month.
Moving ahead, we could expect Huawei to bring exclusive dynamic island notifications functionality for center-hole punch devices including the Huawei P60 Pro and Art variants.
Ahead of the HarmonyOS 4, this new upgrade will satisfy the consumer demand for a new change in the entire ecosystem.