On June 2, Huawei announced 18 Huawei devices that are eligible to get a hands-on HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta version without taking participating in closed beta testing. These devices include the Huawei Mate 40E model.
Following the initial phase of HarmonyOS 2 beta testing, the company has also enrolled the devices for the second batch of public beta testing. Also, the third phase of testing is scheduled to start in July.
Meanwhile, Huawei is continuously delivering HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta software update for selected testers limited to the Chinese market. In this line, the company has pushed a new HarmonyOS 2 beta firmware for the Mate 40E smartphone.
As per the information, the latest HarmonyOS 2 beta update comes with build version 22.214.171.124 upgraded from 126.96.36.199. This update brings optimizations for WiFi connectivity, new fixes for the Contact app, lock screen wallpaper issue, and system improvements for a better user experience.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
On the other hand, Huawei Mate 4o, P40, MatePad Pro series, and Mate X2 smartphones have recently installed this latest HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta build via OTA upgrades. For more information, check the related article attached below.
Let’s take a look over the new changelog:
- Contact App: Fix the problem that some features of the Contacts app are not working accurately
- Connectivity: Optimizes the stability of WLAN connection and internet surfing experience
- Display: Fix the issues of lock screen wallpaper
- System: Optimizes the power consumption system to extend battery life
- Currently, this update is rolling out in China.
- This update will not erase your data.
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.