Recently, Huawei has applied for a bunch of new trademark applications. The new trademark also shows us new products including the Lingxi Chip and Lingxi Processor under the category of scientific instruments. While the application is under inspection.
According to the information, Huawei filed for these trademark under Class 9, which implies for face recognition equipment, scales, weight scales, smartphones, downloadable apps, computer operating system, LCD display, electric pen, image printer, computer stylus, wearable motion tracker, smartphone case, network communication equipment.
The trademark is under the international classification 42, which applicable for technical research, research and development of new products, scientific research, technical project research, telecommunication technology, computer programming, computer software design, computer software update, computer hardware design, computer software maintenance, computer data, computer system design, data conversions and more.
Currently, the patent doesn’t have to say much about the design or specific use case of this application but tipster – DigitalKing has some related info that you would know. The tipster suggests that the Lingxi chip and Lingxi processor are mainly used in embedded devices and self-made or third-party processors based on Huawei’s HiLink processor.
Furthermore, the chipset could also be designed for the device that will launch with the HarmonyOS AKA Hongmeng OS operating system to improve a seamless performance.
If we talk specifically about the smartphones, Huawei already has its Kirin chipset but due to the ongoing trade sanctions, Huawei cannot build new Kirin chipsets. However, the company still has some stock left for the production of new flagships.
On the other side, it’s possible that the company will use this for new IoT devices specially designed for consumers and enterprise products.
Stay tuned..more information is yet to come.
December 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei Mate 10 series [CN]
Huawei has begun releasing the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei Mate 10 series smartphones. This update fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software build and provides better system security.
According to the information, Huawei Mate 10 series December 2021 update upgrade the device HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 to new HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11. It’s really impressive that the Chinese tech maker sending continuous updates for its old flagships.
Huawei Mate 10 series models:
- Huawei Mate 10 ALP-AL00
- Huawei Mate 10 ALP-TL00
- Huawei Mate 10 BLA-AL00
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro BLA-AL00
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro BLA-AL00
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
HOW TO INSTALL:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, tap on the update, then select Check for updates, and then download and install.
About Huawei Mate 10:
Launched in 2017, Huawei Mate 10 smartphone sports a 5.99 inch IPS display with 2560 x 1440p resolution, expands 150.5 x 77.8 x 8.2 mm, weighs 186g, powered by Kirin 970 processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, 4000mAh battery, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage.
Huawei Mate 10 comes pre-installed with EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 and has a 20MP dual camera with dual-LED flash as well as an 8MP front camera. This phone supports Nano SIM Card, WiFi, GPS, NFC, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE+ and more.
Huawei HarmonyOS December 2021 Updates List
Huawei has almost reached the conclusion of the long-running race of HarmonyOS software updates rollout. As recently, it was reported the 141 Huawei devices have been upgraded over HarmonyOS operating system as of December 2, 2021. The Chinese tech maker has covered the least possible device with HarmonyOS operating. In the meantime, it is available only to the Chinese market. However, it could open for the global HarmonyOS global market in 2022.
On the other hand, the company introduced EMUI 12 as the next major software update for global Huawei users. Also, the EMUI 12 beta has started for the flagship models including P40, Mate 40, and Mate 30 series.
Meanwhile, Huawei continues to send regular software updates for both Huawei and Honor HarmonyOS powered devices in China. More interestingly, several smartphones have already received this new security patch.
In a single month, Huawei releases many firmware updates along with HarmonyOS upgraded versions for several devices. So, in this update archive, you will get all insights of all types of HarmonyOS updates released in the month of December 2021 by Huawei.
Huawei HarmonyOS December 2021 Updates:
December 3, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M5 series grabbing 18.104.22.168 software update. Read more
- October 2021 security update with 22.214.171.124 released for Huawei Enjoy Tablet 10.1. Read more
December 2, 2021:
- Huawei Maimang 9 is receiving November 2021 security update. Read more
- Honor Note 10 smartphone starts receiving 126.96.36.199 firmware update. Read more
- Honor 30S starts getting November 2021 security improvements. Read more
- December 2021 update goes live for Huawei Mate X2 folding phone. Read more
- Huawei P50 Pro getting December 2021 update. Read more
- December 2021 firmware update out for Huawei Mate 30 series in China. Read more
- Huawei is expanding Nova 5T November 2021 update in Europe. Read more
- Huawei Nova 7 5G gets new optimizations with December 2021 security update. Read more
- New 188.8.131.52 firmware update making its way to Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8. Read more
- Honor Play 4 smartphone receiving November 2021 security update. Read more
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G grabbing November 2021 security update. Read more
December 1, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series getting December 2021 security update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G receiving December 2021 security update. Read more
- December 2021 security patch released for Huawei Mate 40E. Read more
- Honor X10 Max smartphone grabbing 184.108.40.206 software update. Read more
- Huawei P40 Series smartphone gets December 2021 software update. Read more
Huawei HarmonyOS stable rollout started for these six devices
Huawei has officially announced HarmonyOS 2.0 stable rollout for these six Huawei and Honor devices in China. The corresponding consumers of the devices can upgrade over HarmonySO 2.0 directly via EMUI or HarmonyOS 2.0 beta testing activity.
The new HarmonyOS 2.0 users of these six devices will get a new user interface design, UI animations, better animations as well as other parts of the UI that will enhance your user experience. You can check these six devices mentioned below.
- Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.1 inch
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 10.1
- Honor Tablet 10.1
- Honor Tablet 5.8
You can also check the required EMUI version:
Some of these devices require EMUI 220.127.116.11 version to be upgraded to 18.104.22.168 version (Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.1 inches, Huawei Enjoy Tablet 10.1 inches), 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199/188.8.131.520/184.108.40.2062 version upgrade to 2.0. .0.125 (Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8 inches) version, 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168/22.214.171.1240 (Honor Tablet 5 8 inches), 126.96.36.199 (Honor Tablet 5 10.1 inches) version upgraded to 188.8.131.52 version.
Therefore, these phones and tablets are eligible to receive HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206/216 software updates directly from EMUI or existing beta activity.
141 HarmonyOS Devices:
As of today, Huawei has completed HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system installation on 141 Huawei and Honor models consisting of smartphones, tablets, and smart screens (smart TVs).
Under the latest development, the rollout of stable HarmonyOS 2.0 for these six devices has now enabled stable release for all of the 141 Huawei and Honor models, as some of them were still under beta testing.
Furthermore, HarmonyOS installation has reached over 150 million installations as of October this year and the company expects to grow this mart to over 200 million by then of 2021.
For the time being, HarmonyOS operating system remains limited for Chinese consumers and only available for Chinese branded devices. However, a recent report suggests that this mobile OS could enter the global market in 2022.
Notes for upgrade:
- Before upgrading the public beta version, please back up your important mobile phone data and confirm that the backup content is complete and effective to avoid data loss due to data incompatibility or other unexpected conditions after the upgrade.
- Before upgrading the public beta version, please make sure that the current version of your phone is on the baseline version (see 2. Adapted models for details).
- It is recommended that the mobile phone reserve 10G of internal storage space to avoid possible inability to upgrade due to lack of space. (Check storage space method: Settings> Storage).
- Please make sure that your mobile phone is not ROOT.