Connect with us


HarmonyOS operating system is currently a drop in the bucket, rest portion will be filled by its partners: Huawei



At HarmonyOS Connect Summit in Shanghai, Huawei announced the latest strategies to grow HarmonyOS among its partners and industry leaders.

At the event, Yang Haisong, Vice President of Huawei’s consumer business AI and full-scenario business department, said some interesting and new facts regarding HarmonyOS.

She said, that the biggest challenge for HarmonyOS is the gap between time and scale, which depends on China’s Internet of Everything platform, or the ability of the ecosystem development that takes on or two years to build up.

Yang also pointed out how much it’s important for the industry patterns to collaborate with Huawei to develop the HarmonyOS as an open source operating system.

“The development of the operating system is only a drop of water in the bucket, and the completion rate is only 1%. The remaining 99% depends on industry partners and their willingness to adopt the OS.”

Huawei Connect:

At the event, Huawei also announced that HarmonyOS Connect, which is now upgraded from “Huawei HiLink” and “Powered by HarmonyOS”.

Huawei said that the HarmonyOS Connect ecosystem product will become a part of Huawei’s cross-device features, and will bring a new value to consumers under the full scenario smart products. These will also equip capabilities such as minimal distribution networks, universal cards, minimal interaction, and hardware mutual assistance.

Last year, Huawei began working with partners to develop the HarmonyOS ecosystem, the company has now reached its first anniversary.

HarmonyOS operating system:

HarmonyOS is Huawei’s self-developed open-source micro-kernel based operating system. First launched at Huawei Developer Conference 2019, HarmonyOS aims to deliver a vast amount of cross-device features powered by distributed capabilities.

Later in 2020, Huawei launched the second version of HarmonyOS, HarmonyOS 2.0, which supports platforms including:

  • Smartphones
  • Tablets
  • Smart Wearables
  • In-car Systems
  • IoT devices
  • Third-party device manufacturers

Currently, Huawei is working to increase the open-source features of the HarmonyOS and making it more easy and understanding for third-party phone makers.

Most of Deng Li's smartphones are from the Huawei ecosystem and his first Huawei phone was Ascend Mate 2 (4G). As a tech enthusiast, he keeps exploring new technologies and inspects them closely. Apart from the technology world, he takes care of his garden.