This new flagship tablet was unveiled in two models with giant sizes, Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 and MatePad Pro 10.8. These tablets are unique on their own and provide the perfect tool that will help users to be productive and creative.
Talking about Huawei MatePad 12.6 inch specs, It is equipped with Kirin 9000 processor. On the other hand, the WiFi variant comes with Kirin 9000E processor. Also, the tab offers a triple rear camera system, a massive 10,000 mAh battery capacity, and more.
The new HarmonyOS glimmers a number of new smart features compared to its predecessor – EMUI. This new operating system also supports new phone to tablet and PC Multi-screen Collaboration capabilities: Mirror Mode, Extend Mode, and Collaborate Mode.
Following the launch, Huawei continues to upgrade this tablet with new features through software updates and the very first software update has now been released for the MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet version
According to the changelog, this software update adds MeeTime for multi-party calls, service widgets, changes in applications, optimizes camera effect. Additionally, it prioritizes the installation of the April 2021 security patch for better system security.
April 2021 security patch details:
This security update fixes different levels of exploits and issues including 17 high and 69 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 cellular and WiFi variant start receiving new firmware update with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad 12.6 HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 changelog details:
- MeeTime: Added support for multi-party calls, Huawei phones and tablets can freely access audio and video calls.
- Service Widgets: Added support for a gallery, music, and AI Life applications, and slide up the application icon to generate a card. You can select the widget size, drag to change the position, and change the personalized home screen.
- Application: Huawei Club will be adjusted to the discovery section of the My Huawei app
- Camera: Optimizes the photo effects of some scenes
- Security: Integrates the security patch released in April 2021
- This update is rolling out batches, so it may take some time to reach you.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.
- This update will not erase your data.
- After the upgrade, the system performs self-optimization and adaptation, which may cause the tablet to sometimes experience heat, fast power consumption, freeze, or slow charging.
- It is recommended to charge the tablet with the screen off for more than 2 hours after the upgrade is completed, and then restart the tablet to ensure that the tablet application is quickly adapted.
- The system will restart after the update is completed. Keep patience.
How to update:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
These nine Huawei devices begin HarmonyOS beta testing
Today, Huawei announced the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta recruitment starts for nine Huawei and Honor devices. This beta batch includes the company’s tablets and a smartphone. Now, the devices will be soon getting the beta builds followed by the stable updates.
According to the information, a total of 2000 users of each tablet (overall 18,000 users) can register themselves for this activity. In addition, these beta devices will be the first to experience the HrmonyOS 2.0 performance on their respective models.
Furthermore, the recruitment will be closed by the 5th November 2021 at 10:00. Users, who want to shift from EMUI to HarmonyOS can register before the announced timeline. Thereafter, the company will send HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build for the respect registered beta testers.
As of now, you can check the Huawei device list announced for this batch of HarmonyOS beta recruitment.
Huawei HarmonyOS beta Nine Devices:
- MediaPad M5 Youth Edition (8-inch variant)
- MediaPad M5 Youth Edition (10.1-inch variant)
- Enjoy Tablet 2
- Enjoy Tablet (10.1-inch variant)
- Honor Tablet 6 (10.1-inch variant)
- Honor Tablet 5 (8-inch variant)
- Honor Tablet 5 (10.1-inch variant)
- Honor Tablet X6
- Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition
The users are suggested to also sign up for the pollen club with the latest version to be updated with this process and interact with other companions. Besides, they can register through Pollen Club, open the app then go to recommendations and check for the internal beta registration. Here, fulfill all the required data and you have successfully registered.
HarmonyOS Update Rollout:
Speaking of the HarmonyOS update rollout, it’s only available for the Chinese variants whereas the company is still silent about its global availability. However, it has crossed the 120 million milestones in the native market with constantly growing numbers.
Now, the company has increased its aim from 100 million to 300 million for this year. It might be possible that after completing 300 million upgrades, the company will turn to global users.
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta begins for these 9 phones
Huawei has accelerated the HarmonyOS upgrade process in the home ground for devices including smartphones, tablets, and smart accessories. The company is bringing more devices on this track, letting the users experience the power of distributive HarmonyOS features ahead of the official release.
Now, it’s time for new Huawei and Honor devices from the Enjoy and Youth series to experience the flagship smartphone operating system under unlimited testing slots. Recently, HarmonyOS 2 public beta was announced 9 Huawei and Honor phones Huawei Enjoy 20 5G and other devices including – Enjoy 10, Maimang 8, and Honor smartphones.
Below you can check all of the 9 Huawei and Honor phones that are participating in the latest HarmonyOS public beta activity in the month of October 2021. These phones will soon move towards a stable release.
9 HarmonyOS Public beta phones:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 10
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Honor 8X
- Honor 20i
- Honor Play 3
- Honor 10 Youth Edition
- Honor 20 Youth Edition
All the devices are getting the HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta version 188.8.131.52 with the system and display optimization. However, the Huawei Enjoy 20 5G is upgrading on the public beta 184.108.40.206 version of the brand new HarmonyOS. Alongside the full array of HarmonyOS features, this update has also installed the system optimizations to keep a steady operational flow.
HarmonyOS 2.0 Features and Rollout:
HarmonyOS is a new generation open-source operating system that has distributive features that can collaborate with other devices to establish a cross-platform connection. In addition, it installs more enhance features including a new home screen, HarmonyOS fonts, service widgets, control panel, and Super Device, and more.
This system software is being hyped by the company since its official launch in June this year. Following the launch, the Chinese phone maker began sending this new mobile os for the top flagship lineup, then mid-range devices, and tablets as well as devices of its former brand Honor. Yet, the global users are in a waiting line with no further information at the moment.
In the meantime, an interesting topic has popped up in the name of HarmonyOS 3.0. However, there is much information available on this matter but the company may unveil this new operating system version at Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) 2021 on 24th October. There may be a possibility that Huawei may also share information regarding the EMUI 12 for global consumers.
25 Huawei devices are receiving stable HarmonyOS update
Following months of trials, 25 Huawei devices are receiving stable HarmonyOS 2.0 updates. These 25 devices aren’t just smartphones but also includes a smart screen (smart TVs) as well as models from both Huawei and Honor brand. The below-listed devices are now eligible to upgrade over the HarmonyOS and enjoy its latest features.
To be noted, these phones have been running the EMUI software system before upgrading over the HarmonyOS. This new OS installs various new features and user interface that provides a seamless user experience for the consumers. Also, both EMUI and existing HarmonyOS testers can now install this major upgrade.
25 Huawei devices with stable HarmonyOS update:
- P20 Pro
- Mate 10
- Mate 10 Pro
- Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Mate RS Porsche Design
- nova 4
- Enjoy 10S
- Enjoy 10 Plus
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor 20S
- Honor Play 4T Pro
- Honor 10
- Honor V10
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen V55i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65 Premium Edition
- Huawei Smart Screen V65 2021 model
- Huawei Smart Screen V75 2021 model
This software rollout is currently limited to Chinese consumers and is now available to download via both My Huawei and the software update section. However, it’s now available for global consumers. Below you can check more information about the rollout.
Update Changelog: Beta testers
- Call: Fix the problem of the screen delay in the incoming call scene
- Bluetooth: Fix the problem of the abnormal Bluetooth connection device in some scenarios
- Optimize the unlocking animation with the display effect of some game interfaces
The update is rolling out in batches so users who didn’t get this update yet can wait for a few days. Furthermore, this firmware can be download through system settings and the My Huawei App. Open the Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Things to Rember:
- Install the update as soon it reaches your device.
- Don’t disturb the update installation process and use a strong WiFi or personal internet network.
- Don’t forget to restart your device once the installation process is complete.
- The user data will be safe during the update process but an advance backup is recommended.
Changelog for stable users:
On June 2, Huawei announced the brand new mobile operating system for smartphone devices that comes with a new user interface and features that enhance the user experience for the consumer. At the event, Huawei unveiled a roadmap to send HarmonyOS 2.0 on mobile devices and includes over 100 Huawei models consisting of both phones and tablets.
The company so far has started HarmonyOS 2.0 for almost all of the listed eligible Huawei phones and moving rapidly to conclude the HarmonyOS 2.0 testing in China. However, this OS is yet to reach the global market and there’s no confirmation when it’ll actually make its way to the consumers.