June 23, 2021: Update
Nzone S7 Pro launched with EMUI 11 and not the HarmonyOS operating system (Read more)
June 19, 2021: Original Story
Huawei has been collaborating with different smart car makers to help them deliver the best autonomous driving experience. With a huge set of smart car solutions, Huawei is now moving towards completing its goal in the Auto industry.
But with the launch of the HarmonyOS, Huawei also opened the gate of a new operating system that’s open-source and allows third-party smartphone makers to choose to go with HM OS instead of staying on Android.
Adding to this, China’s largest telecom operator – China Mobile is about to launch a new smartphone brand NZONE and its first 5G smartphone lineup – NZONE S7 will launch on June 22.
It’s revealed that the NZONE S7 will be powered by MediaTek Dimensity 720 chipset, 64MP triple rear camera setup, 90Hz screen refresh rate and it’s said to provide 40W of super fast charging.
Most interestingly, well known Weibo tipster reveals that the NZONE S7 series will have a pre-installed HarmonyOS operating system. Still, there’s no official confirmation available on this matter but we’re just a few days away from getting it confirmed from the company.
HarmonyOS is a micro-kernel-based operating system, that’s designed by Huawei and works across different devices as well as services. This new OS comes is open source and can be fetched via the OpenAtom Foundation.
Most interestingly, Huawei has planned to install HarmonyOS in 300 million devices, these include both new and old models of smartphones. The company will unveil HarmonyOS with new tablets, IoT devices, smartphone home devices, in-car systems, and other third-party devices.
Huawei launched two new P50 Pocket leather variants, opens pre-order
Today, Huawei has launched two new leather variants for the foldable P50 Pocket phone, as shown in the promo poster it has plain leather texture with gold and silver color schemes, which look so admirable and attractive.
Previously, Huawei announced to give the P50 Pocket a leather touch to redesign it in new ways to let you flip the world with a new angle, but now the company provides you not only one but two shades of color as mentioned above.
As per the info, both the new leather shades of the Huawei P50 Pocket are now launched and available for pre-order from today onwards and they will be officially released at the Huawei Nova 10 launch conference scheduled to hold on July 4.
So, guys if you are thinking to purchase Huawei P50 Pocket new leather color variant then just pre-order it now. As the company will officially release it on July 4, 2022, meanwhile you have a limited time period to pre-order it.
Huawei P50 Pocket:
Huawei’s latest foldable smartphone featured a 6.9-inch screen and 1.04-inch cover display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The Huawei P50 Pocket is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor coupled with 8 and 12GB RAM and 256/512 of internal storage.
Notably, it has a large 4000mAh battery that supports a 40W super-fast charger, while taking about its camera then it has so amazing 40 MP True-Chrome Camera,13MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera, and 32 MP Ultra Spectrum Camera. On the front side, the phone has a 10.7 MP selfie camera.
Huawei launches $1 million prize money app development contest: Apps Up 2022
Huawei has initiated its 2022 Global App Innovation Contents – Apps Up 2022. The winner will get total prize money of 1 million USD dollars. Huawei Apps Up 2022 contest will be held in different regions around the globe, including Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, and China. However, there are various categories that the prize money has been distributed in for the winner.
There are multiple prizes that derived from the 1 million prize money are:
- Best app prize
- Best game
- Best social impact app
- Best HMS innovation award
- Tech women’s awards
- All scenario coverage award
- AppGallery rising star app
- Student innovation award
- Most popular app
That’s not it, Huawei will also praise app developers with outstanding portfolios and ideas outside of the app contest rules and will be provided with the following resources.
- AppGallery promotional resources
- 1 Serverless service voucher from AppGallery Connect
- Voucher for some paid HMS Core capabilities
Initially announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2020, the Apps Up developer contest to gather skilled developers around the globe to build Huawei’s app ecosystem. Since its announcement, the Apps Up program has helped Huawei to gather over 5.4 million developers and over 200,000 apps integrated Huawei Mobile Services Core library from over 170+ countries and regions.
Below you can check the schedule of the Apps Up 2022 contest:
01 – Registration & submission
- June 24–18:00 on October 9 (UTC+8)
02 – Preliminary
- October 10 – 24:00 on November 7 (UTC+8)
03 – Public review
- November 8– 24:00 on November 20 (UTC+8)
04 – Finals & award ceremony
- December (UTC+8)
Wang Yue, the President of Huawei Consumer Cloud Service Application Ecosystem BU.
For #AppsUP2022, the future of apps come down to how well it can make our lives easier.
Stay tuned to the future of smart apps https://t.co/empRzb1uSC #TogetherWeInnovate pic.twitter.com/5r38zyWtQH
— Huawei Developers (@Huawei_devs) June 24, 2022
Here you can check the registration and submission process:
Deadline: 18:00 on October 9, 2022 (UTC+8)
Create works that integrate HMS open capabilities or services, and submit entries on the contest’s official website.
1. After 20:00 on June 24, 2022 (UTC+8), sign in to HUAWEI Developers with a valid HUAWEI ID (register for a HUAWEI ID if you do not have one) and click Sign up. If you intend to be a team leader, click New team and enter the team’s details. If you intend to be a team member, click Join team and enter the name of the team you wish to join.
2. Create your works and integrate HMS open capabilities or services. For more information about these capabilities or services, please refer to Technologies and Resources on the HUAWEI Developers website.
3. Click Submit work on the contest details page, enter the app name, ID, and description, and upload attachments including APKs and app introduction documents. Teams that apply for the Tech Women’s Award must include scanned copies of their female developers’ identity documents in the attachments, while those who apply for the Student Innovation Award must include scanned copies of all the team leaders’ and members’ student ID cards, as well as other identity documents, in the attachments.
- The judging panel will review the submitted works, and select 30 works from each region for the public review and finals stages.
- Shortlisted works will be showcased for global promotion, on both the contest’s official website and AppGallery by midnight on November 20 (UTC+8). The public rating score for each work is based on the number of votes they receive.
- Each region will hold its own final in December. The judging panel will rank the 30 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula, in which the judging panel, public rating, and HMS integration scores are added.
There’s a bunch of other information about this competition that you can read on the official Huawei developer’s website, read it here.
Huawei IdeaHub Board 2 launched with 65-inch display
Huawei has now launched IdeaHub Board 2 65-inch 4K smart whiteboard, an official positioning education/office assistance tablet. HUAWEI IdeaHub Board 2 boasts 35ms ultra-low latency writing, supports one-click screen projection, and also supports Windows and Android dual operating systems.
Huawei IdeaHub Board 2 launched equipped with a 4-core processor, supplemented by 4+32GB storage, uses a D-LED screen, has 4K resolution, 1.07 billion colors (8bit+FRC), supports AG anti-glare, optical anti-blue light, brightness > 350cd/m2, the length, width, and height are about 1485mm x 92mm x 893mm.
Huawei IdeaHub Board 2 uses a dual-chamber immersive stereo field, which brings a wide frequency range of 100Hz~20kHz, Max.95dB sound pressure, and louder, and clearer sound.
It has a dual Wi-Fi module design and supports multi-screen projection methods such as screen projection code, screen projection device, wired, etc. There’s also support for reverse control, large-screen page-turning, annotation, and other operations, and the front Type-C, USB 3.0 interface, can connect the external camera, microphone, and other terminals. It has a built-in Android 9 and Windows 10 dual operating system.
Furthermore, it supports one-key switching, no need to plug and unplug OPS, and built-in application market IdeaHub area, providing 100 + large-screen applications in-depth adaptation.
According to the information, the company has introduced this device as the enterprise-level information security performance, supports hardware anti-duplication, secure startup and operation, and has passed CCRC EAL2 + high-level security certification.