The first HarmonyOS 2.0 update changelog brought a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a new user experience.
Now, the company has released a new HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta software update for a bunch of devices that belong to the Nova brand and consist of Huawei Nova 8, Nova 7, and Nova 6 series.
According to the information, this new HarmonyOS closed beta build installs new improvements for the contact app, solves display issues, and optimizes the WiFi connection stability to optimize user experience in all scenarios.
Models that are receiving this new update:
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
On the other hand, Huawei recently opened a second batch of HarmonyOS 2 public beta recruitment for the same models, and the above-mentioned HarmonyOS version will then be available for the newly public beta testers.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta update details:
- This latest update comes with new HarmonyOS 2 version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124.
- Connectivity: Optimizes the stability of WLAN connection
- Contact App: Fix the problem that some features of the Contacts app are not working accurately
- Display: Fix the issues of lock screen wallpaper
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.