In the latest development, a new HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update started proceeding towards Huawei Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 family limited to the Chinese market. To be mentioned, these Nova smartphones have recently entered the HM OS public beta testing in the second phase.
To finalize the HarmonyOS 2.0 features ahead of large-scale adaption, Huawei is conducting HarmonyOS closed and public beta testing programs and rolling out several test versions for selected devices.
After exploring the changelog, we have found that this update brings new improvements for system features and optimizations for Bluetooth device sound in some game scenarios and much more to improve the user experience.
Devices getting update:
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
New HarmonyOS 2.0 version:
Huawei Nova 6 beta tester can upgrade their smartphones to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11 upgrading from 18.104.22.168. On the other hand, Huawei Nova 7 and Nova 8 smartphones tester receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124 from 126.96.36.199. Moreover, this HarmonyOS 2.0 beta comes with a massive update size of 1.13GB.
Note: This new HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build is initially rolling out for Nova device users, who have successfully signed up for HM OS closed beta and gradually expand for public beta testers in the coming days.
What’s new with this update:
- Update package 1: This update optimizes the experience of using Service Widget
- Update package 2: Optimizes the sound experience of Bluetooth headsets in some game scenarios.
HarmonyOS 2.0 progress report for these Nova devices:
On June 16, Huawei has opened the second phase of HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing enrollment slots for Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 smartphones in the Chinese market. Since then, the company has not delivered any public beta build via OTA update.
HarmonyOS 2.0 features:
The HarmonyOS 2 is designed to fully replace the dependency on an Android-based operating system. It brings a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, better security, and others to provide a brand new user experience.
- This update will not erase your data.
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
Huawei Mate Xs receiving May 2022 HarmonyOS update
Huawei has released yet latest update for another smartphone. The Huawei Mate Xs started acquiring the HarmonyOS update, which mainly installs the May 2022 security patch. As HarmonyOS mentioned you can get that the update kicked off in the Chinese market.
The latest software update incorporates security patches and enhances the smartphone system performance. Also, the update will enrich and fill the security gap of your device that leads to provide you with a flawless experience.
However, the May 2022 HarmonyOS update for the Mate Xs smartphone fix 1 CVE in the framework, 5 CVEs in the kernel, 6 CVEs in the system, 1 CVE in the application, and 53 CVEs were fixed in third-party libraries.
Meanwhile, the new firmware version accompanying the update is HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52, which is updated from 184.108.40.206. Notably, the update is compatible with Mate Xs (TAH-ANOOm) model.
It’s worth mentioning to install the update as soon as possible to experience the new and amazing changes in your Mate Xs devices. Below you can check the guide to reach the security update installation.
How to update:
Open the Settings app on your smartphone then find the System and updates section from a Software update, select the Check For Update finally tap on Download and Install option.
Also, you can get the update from the My Huawei App, open the My Huawei App then Select the Update action now click on the Download and Install tab.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is receiving HarmonyOS 220.127.116.118
A few weeks ago, Huawei launched a new member of the Watch GT family, the Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro, which is now officially on sale in various regions. In addition to this, a new HarmonyOS update for the smartwatch has recently been released which includes several new features.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1688 update
The new Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro update aims to improve security and stability, notably, the update comes with HarmonyOS build number – 22.214.171.1248. Also with this update, all the problems faced by the users have been resolved.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro changelog reveals that the update has enhanced the experience of more scenarios and optimized the system stability. It gives a level of security to your Watch GT 3 Pro.
Meanwhile, the update is currently released in the Chinese market and soon it will expand to other regions Huawei is releasing it gradually. The update bears 7.6.02 MB of installation weight.
The latest HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998 version update for Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is now live for the users, you can install it for better optimization as well as stability to the system security. Below you can check the guide on how to grab this:
How to update:
- Visit on Huawei Health app on your smartphone.
- Search for Connected Devices section
- Choose the ‘Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro’ option
- Tap on update
- Select Download and Install as available updates.
- When done, reboot the watch.
Point to remember:
- The update may take a time to embrace,
- do not be afraid if some application of your portable device does not work properly.
- Frequently pause and then restart your device.
- Also, do not forget to connect the portable device to your phone for a complete process.
Huawei Mate 40 Series HM OS updates [Tracker]
Last October, Huawei launched its annual flagship series, Huawei Mate 40 with advanced hardware and software technology including a powerful Kirin 9000 processor, EMUI 11 operating system, 90Hz screen refresh rate, and more.
The Huawei Mate 40 series comes in four variants:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
Among these models, Huawei Mate 40 standard variant is equipped with Kirin 9000E processor, 50MP triple rear camera, 13MP selfie camera, 4200mAh battery, and more.
On the other hand, last December, Huawei began the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing program for limited devices including Mate 40 series smartphones, ahead of the official unveiling.
On June 2, Huawei has officially presented the HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones among the consumers. Simultaneously, the company started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for 18 devices.
The list of 18 devices also contains the models from Huawei Mate 40 lineup. Since then, these smartphones continuously receiving new features and improvements via OTA upgrades.
Under the public beta testing program, Huawei will send several HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei Mate 40 series beta update rollouts in China.
HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing is currently limited to Chinese users and may not be available for global users at the moment.
ROLLOUT TIMELINE FOR HUAWEI MATE 40 SERIES:
April 23, 2022:
- Huawei April 2022 software update reached to flagship – Huawei Mate 40 smartphone powered by HarmonyOS 2.0. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40E is receiving March 2022 security update. Read more
March 22, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 series is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 [CN]. Read more
March 04, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206SP12 beta changelog. Read more
March 01, 2022:
- February 2022 HM OS update rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E getting February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Series getting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E smartphone began collecting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
December 1, 2021:
- December 2021 update released for Huawei Mate 40 series(CN) read more.
- Huawei Mate 40E install December 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40E grabs November 2021 security update read more.
November 8, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G gets 220.127.116.11 update with November patch and features read more.
November 5, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 is receiving November 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
October 17, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 40 series rolling out read more.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 models getting HarmonyOS multi-window bug fix update read more.
August 18, 2021:
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 read more.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series will get new HarmonyOS version optimizations with improvements read more.
August 7, 2021:
- Celia optimizations rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series (HarmonyOS 2) read more.
July 28, 2021:
- Battery improvement patch released for Huawei Mate 40 series HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 23, 2021:
- All Huawei Mate 40 series (CN) users can now upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 12, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 system patch
Huawei has begun to roll out a new HarmonyOS 2.0 software patch for Huawei Mate 40 series smartphones that brings important optimization for Celia AI voice assistant.
July 5, 2021:
- Third HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40 series -HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
June 22, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40E – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199
This update brings optimizations for WiFi connectivity, new fixes for the Contact app, lock screen wallpaper issue, and system improvements for a better user experience.
June 19, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
This update brings optimizations for sound, display, internet stability, contact app, system, and more to enhance the overall system performance.
June 3, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206
The first HarmonyOS update for Mate 40 devices installs features consisting of a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a next-level user experience.