Huawei Mate X2, Mate 40 series, Smart Screen S, and other devices recently made their entry in the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta program. Following their inclusion, Huawei has started to rollout a new beta software build for these devices.
The latest software update for these devices brings a number of new noticeable changes in the user interface including the new system animations, app transition effects, new settings element design, and more.
But specifically, we’re here to talk about the new quick settings and notification panel of the HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) mobile that has got even better with this new beta software.
So without further ado, let’s explore HarmonyOS quick settings panel.
Similar to the entire, HarmonyOS user interface, the new HarmonyOS quick settings panel also adopted the new card design with round corner shapes. More interestingly, the quick settings are now divided into a control center like arrange with priority widgets on top followed by the chunk of other switches. This whole arrangement provides a cleaner and better user interface experience.
According to the example linked below, the new Quick Settings has a Music controller on the top left with the option to manage playback options of prev, pause/play, and next. It’s followed by the Wi-fi and Bluetooth options on the right side sitting in a vertical manner but the combined weight of both of these cards is similar to the music controller.
— Reyzaar (@Reyzaaru) April 28, 2021
Tap to open pop-up screen:
For options that support drop-down options such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, HarmonyOS quick settings now perform a new kind of pop-up selection menu with a new animation.
Scroll to reveal quick settings:
Aside from the top section, the quick settings panel also has the regular quick access switches, that come in play once a user scrolls the switch section from top to bottom. In the normal state, the quick access switch panel shows only five switches followed by the brightness slider.
Smart connected device panel:
Below you can check the set of smart devices that are connected with the smartphone including in a variety of categories. Also, they have their separate cards to manage with their respective controls.
Similar to the previous quick settings panel in EMUI 11, the new notification panel also supports customizations, which can be accessed via the edit option on the top right corner. While the priority of the card could also be rearranged but we don’t any confirmation on that.
The icons in the quick settings menu remain the same as the EMUI 11. However, we can expect Huawei to change them in the final launch of HarmonyOS for its devices but nothing is certain at the moment.
Gestures to open the notification panel and other to open quick settings panel:
More interestingly, there’s one more thing that we’ve observed from the HarmonyOS latest beta build, which is that the new notification panel and quick settings panel could be accessed from different styles.
For example, the notification panel can be accessed by swiping down from the top left corner of the display, while on the other hand, the quick settings panel can be opened by swiping down from the top right corner. Check the video demonstration below.
These shortcut gestures are awesome and we’ll keep looking for more information on this matter.
Currently, this information is extracted from the latest developer beta version of the HarmonyOS but we can expect that Huawei will further improve the entire HarmonyOS software system once this product reaches to its stable mode.
— Reyzaar (@Reyzaaru) April 28, 2021
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and followed by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 that looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 21, 2022:
January 22, 2022:
- Honor Play 3 smartphone has started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei is sending a January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Nova 5z smartphone. Read more
- Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update is rolling out for Huawei Nova 4e smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5 and Nova 5 Pro smartphones running on HarmonyOS are receiving a new software that brings January 2022 security update. Read more
- Huawei has started to rollout the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Nova 5i and Nova 5i Pro smartphones. Read more
January 20, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 inch tablet. Read more
- Huawei’s latest foldable flagship –Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update in China. Read more
January 17, 2022:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone installs the December 2021 security patch for improved system security. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 18.104.22.168 update in China. Read more
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inch is grabbing the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update that comes with upgraded version 22.214.171.124. Read more
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 188.8.131.52 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 18.104.22.168 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more
Honor 20S grabbing January 2022 HarmonyOS security update
Huawei has already delivered the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch for several Huawei and Honor eligible devices. In the latest development, Honor 20S smartphone has begun collecting the January 2022 security update in China.
Huawei’s January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch fixed various bugs and vulnerabilities including 4 CVE in the framework, 10 CVEs in the system, 5 CVEs in the application, and 111 CVEs found in the third-party libraries.
According to the information, the Honor 20S January 2022 update brings HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124, which is upgraded from HM OS version 126.96.36.199.
To be mentioned, this update is gradually expanding through OTA for all eligible devices in the Chinese market. So, it may take some to reach you. Meanwhile, you can also check the latest update manually by following the steps mentioned below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
How to check updates manually:
There are two methods to check the update manually that is through settings or via the My Huawei app. You can check both the ways below.
To update through settings, open Settings, then go to System & updates and open Software update. Now select Check for updates and if any update shows up, then hit the Download and install button.
Alternatively, you can also download software updates using the My Huawei app. Open My Huawei app, visit the update section. Now select check for updates, and then press Download and install.
Points to know:
There are several important points you need to remember before installing the January 2022 security patch on your Honor the 20S.
- Maintain enough storage on your device.
- Keep smartphone charged at least 30% or more.
- This update won’t erase your data, but we recommend you to take backup in advance.
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- patience, the update may take some time to upgrade the installation package
January 2022 HarmonyOS security update out for Honor 20 and 20 Pro
Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. This update increases the security level of smartphones and protects the device against threats.
The new information reveals that January 2022 update for the Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones hits the ground with HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52. However, this update is rolling out in the Chinese market.
For your information, the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch fixes a massive count of 130 CVEs found in the latest software system and third-party libraries for better system security.
- Honor 20 (YAL-AL00)
- Honor 20 (YAL-TL00)
- Honor 20 Pro (YAL-AL10)
Early this month, Huawei has delivered the December 2021 security update for Honor 20 running on Magic UI 4.0 in the global market. The update rolled out with Magic UI version 184.108.40.2064 (C675E3R1P4) and a software update package size of 199MB.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Talking about Honor 20, this smartphone launched with an eye-catching design, a 6.26-inch full-HD+, Kirin 980 SoC, 48MP rear quad camera system, excellent battery, and much more.
In terms of the software, it was initially packed with Magic UI 2.1 and received Magic UI 3, Magic UI 3.1, and Magic UI 4.0 major updates. Now, Honor 20 smartphones are performing very well with HarmonyOS 2.0 in China.
How to update Honor smartphones:
Honor 20 smartphone users can download the latest HarmonyOS update via go to phone settings then tap on system & updates, click on the software update, tap on check for updates. Once the update prompt pop-up on your smartphone hit the download button and install it.
Alternatively, head towards the My Huawei app, visit the update section and follow the on-screen instruction to install it. During the update timeline, make sure that the phone has a sufficient amount of battery and storage to download the update package. Also, use a stable connection to prevent update download failure issues.