Right after the unveiling of HarmonyOS 2.0, YAJI Software, the official team of Cocos stated that it will launch Cocos Creator’s updated version with HarmonyOS 2.0 support this month. And now, this version has been delivered.
Cocos Creator is an all-in-one development tool that enables developers to create games for all major platforms, including iOS, Android, Facebook Instant Games, WeChat Mini Games, HTML5, and desktop platforms.
According to the latest information, on June 19, Cocos Creator 3.2 was officially launched at an event in Shanghai. Now, it becomes the world’s first game engine that supports the Huawei HarmonyOS system and helps to smooth the launch of heavy games of different categories such as 2D and 3D.
What’s new with Cocos Creator 3.2:
Support for building HarmonyOS application
The Cocos Creator 3.2 version supports the one-click packing of games into HarmonyOS applications. After configuring the HarmonyOS SDK and NDK paths, select HarmonyOS one-click packaging in the build panel.
Support the use of PhysX physics capabilities provided by the ByteDance
Cocos Creator and the ByteDance platform have conducted in-depth collaboration, with the experimental feature in v3.2 to support the use of PhysX physics capabilities of the ByteDance platform in ByteDance Mini-Games and more.
The Cocos Dashboard provides a unified downloader and launch portal for Cocos Creator and Cocos Creator 3D engines. Also, there is a unified project management and a creation panel, which makes it easier to develop projects with a different version of the engine simultaneously.
Additionally, the developers can choose a different version of Cocos Creator when creating a new project.
Cocos CreatorDashboard Download links:
Development with HarmonyOS:
For complete game development, firstly developers need to complete the project in the Cocos creator with HarmonyOS build. Afterward, import the current project into Hauwei’s HarmonyOS DevEco Studio to compile, deploy and debug.
Huawei launches $1 million prize money app development contest: Apps Up 2022
Huawei has initiated its 2022 Global App Innovation Contents – Apps Up 2022. The winner will get total prize money of 1 million USD dollars. Huawei Apps Up 2022 contest will be held in different regions around the globe, including Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, and China. However, there are various categories that the prize money has been distributed in for the winner.
There are multiple prizes that derived from the 1 million prize money are:
- Best app prize
- Best game
- Best social impact app
- Best HMS innovation award
- Tech women’s awards
- All scenario coverage award
- AppGallery rising star app
- Student innovation award
- Most popular app
That’s not it, Huawei will also praise app developers with outstanding portfolios and ideas outside of the app contest rules and will be provided with the following resources.
- AppGallery promotional resources
- 1 Serverless service voucher from AppGallery Connect
- Voucher for some paid HMS Core capabilities
Initially announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2020, the Apps Up developer contest to gather skilled developers around the globe to build Huawei’s app ecosystem. Since its announcement, the Apps Up program has helped Huawei to gather over 5.4 million developers and over 200,000 apps integrated Huawei Mobile Services Core library from over 170+ countries and regions.
Below you can check the schedule of the Apps Up 2022 contest:
01 – Registration & submission
- June 24–18:00 on October 9 (UTC+8)
02 – Preliminary
- October 10 – 24:00 on November 7 (UTC+8)
03 – Public review
- November 8– 24:00 on November 20 (UTC+8)
04 – Finals & award ceremony
- December (UTC+8)
Wang Yue, the President of Huawei Consumer Cloud Service Application Ecosystem BU.
For #AppsUP2022, the future of apps come down to how well it can make our lives easier.
Stay tuned to the future of smart apps https://t.co/empRzb1uSC #TogetherWeInnovate pic.twitter.com/5r38zyWtQH
— Huawei Developers (@Huawei_devs) June 24, 2022
Here you can check the registration and submission process:
Deadline: 18:00 on October 9, 2022 (UTC+8)
Create works that integrate HMS open capabilities or services, and submit entries on the contest’s official website.
1. After 20:00 on June 24, 2022 (UTC+8), sign in to HUAWEI Developers with a valid HUAWEI ID (register for a HUAWEI ID if you do not have one) and click Sign up. If you intend to be a team leader, click New team and enter the team’s details. If you intend to be a team member, click Join team and enter the name of the team you wish to join.
2. Create your works and integrate HMS open capabilities or services. For more information about these capabilities or services, please refer to Technologies and Resources on the HUAWEI Developers website.
3. Click Submit work on the contest details page, enter the app name, ID, and description, and upload attachments including APKs and app introduction documents. Teams that apply for the Tech Women’s Award must include scanned copies of their female developers’ identity documents in the attachments, while those who apply for the Student Innovation Award must include scanned copies of all the team leaders’ and members’ student ID cards, as well as other identity documents, in the attachments.
- The judging panel will review the submitted works, and select 30 works from each region for the public review and finals stages.
- Shortlisted works will be showcased for global promotion, on both the contest’s official website and AppGallery by midnight on November 20 (UTC+8). The public rating score for each work is based on the number of votes they receive.
- Each region will hold its own final in December. The judging panel will rank the 30 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula, in which the judging panel, public rating, and HMS integration scores are added.
There’s a bunch of other information about this competition that you can read on the official Huawei developer’s website, read it here.
Huawei IdeaHub Board 2 launched with 65-inch display
Huawei has now launched IdeaHub Board 2 65-inch 4K smart whiteboard, an official positioning education/office assistance tablet. HUAWEI IdeaHub Board 2 boasts 35ms ultra-low latency writing, supports one-click screen projection, and also supports Windows and Android dual operating systems.
Huawei IdeaHub Board 2 launched equipped with a 4-core processor, supplemented by 4+32GB storage, uses a D-LED screen, has 4K resolution, 1.07 billion colors (8bit+FRC), supports AG anti-glare, optical anti-blue light, brightness > 350cd/m2, the length, width, and height are about 1485mm x 92mm x 893mm.
Huawei IdeaHub Board 2 uses a dual-chamber immersive stereo field, which brings a wide frequency range of 100Hz~20kHz, Max.95dB sound pressure, and louder, and clearer sound.
It has a dual Wi-Fi module design and supports multi-screen projection methods such as screen projection code, screen projection device, wired, etc. There’s also support for reverse control, large-screen page-turning, annotation, and other operations, and the front Type-C, USB 3.0 interface, can connect the external camera, microphone, and other terminals. It has a built-in Android 9 and Windows 10 dual operating system.
Furthermore, it supports one-key switching, no need to plug and unplug OPS, and built-in application market IdeaHub area, providing 100 + large-screen applications in-depth adaptation.
According to the information, the company has introduced this device as the enterprise-level information security performance, supports hardware anti-duplication, secure startup and operation, and has passed CCRC EAL2 + high-level security certification.
Huawei P50 Pocket leather variant will launch with Nova 10 series
The foldable Huawei P50 Pocket launched with standard White, Black, and Premium Gold color variant, and now the company is working to release a new ‘leather’ color variant for a uniquely display smartphone that will launch with Nova 10 lineup.
As per the info, Huawei is set to launch the Huawei P50 Pocket leather variant at the Nova 10 series event conference on July 4. The Chinese tech giant has given a confirmation on this matter via an official promo poster on the Chinese social networking site – Weibo.
You can clearly see in the promo poster that the new color scheme is expected to be a gray plain leather version, which looks so impressive and attractive. However, this new color gives a new touch to the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone.
The Huawei Nova 10 launch conference is scheduled to hold on July 4, along with the P50 Pocket smartphone leather color variant, the Aito M7 SUV will also unveil on the same day.
Huawei P50 Pocket:
Launched in December, the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone is packed with a Vientiane double-ring design, and this small cover screen that can be used as a viewfinder to take selfies with the rear camera, and lens module, and a circular external screen superimposed on each other.
It features a 6.9-inch flexible screen with 2790 x 1180 resolution with a 120 Hz refresh rate and is equipped with a new generation of water drop hinges. Huawei P50 Pocket packet with Snapdragon 888 4G processor and the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system, while the phone runs EMUI 12 in the global market.
The foldable smartphone comes with a 40MP primary color camera and 13 MP front camera with a 4000 mAh battery that supports a 40W super-fast charger.