Recently, Huawei released a new version of the OpenHarmony 2.0 package, which has a huge sum of new codes. This new OpenHarmony project version brings new APIs for HarmonyOS apps that enable maximum native app compatibility.
Moving ahead, Huawei OpenHarmony has multiple warehouses that have begun to submit the first batch of L2 branch code, which means the company has now made it open source for the developers.
According to the information, the latest version of OpenHarmony has about 4.6 million lines of key code, which is equivalent to 30% of Android 10 million lines. At the same time, there are around 18,000 key APIs (application programming interface), which is equal to more than half of Android 10.
The package of the system software update is reduced to 60-70%, and various devices such as smartphones, tablets, smart wearables, smart TVs, and sensors can be used.
As found, OpenHarmony 2.0 has an L2 branch that is opened and has pure HarmonyOS code, to be mentioned it has no Android code at all. It can run all of HarmonyOS apps including the one with distributed capabilities and cross-device features. Furthermore, apps can also make calls and surf the internet. However, the number of apps to perform these tasks are limited at the moment.
To be mentioned, there is also L3-L5 version of branches, which is compatible with Android’s dual framework helps the system to run Android apps on HarmonyOS software. And Huawei has also planned to make it open source in the coming time.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 receiving HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 software update
Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 update in China. However, the company has already served December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 last month.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 changelog discloses that this update brings optimization for touch screen operations on your device. After the installation of the latest version, the overall touch screen experience will be enhanced.
Models getting update are:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 (WGR-AN1)
To be mentioned, Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 users need the base HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.124 to upgrade over the latest HM OS 126.96.36.199 version. More information about the update instruction and notest is linked below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 Last update detail:
In December 2021, Huawei released HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 software version that brought support for first-generation Huawei M-Pencil with global annotations and one-click extract. Also, it improved the multi-screen collaboration with the mobile phone. Furthermore, it installed the HarmonyOS security patch released in December 2021 for improved system security of the tablet.
Huawei MatePad Pro users can check and download the update manually by visiting the phone’s Settings, then tap on system & updates, open software updates, and from here select CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update appears on your device, tap on the download and install option. Keep patience, while the update package is downloading.
On the other hand, users can also request the update through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, go to update, and follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade over the latest HM OS version.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 specs:
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 launched with a 5nm Kirin 9000 series chip and expands Height 184.7 mm x Width 286.5 mm x Thickness 6.7 mm. This tablet was packed with a HarmonyOS system, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB internal storage, 10050mAh battery, and more.
December 2021 HarmonyOS update released for Huawei Enjoy 10
Huawei has dispatched a new HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. As it fixes different levels of exploits and issues as well as protects the device against threats.
According to the information, Huawei Enjoy 10 December 2021 update arrives with upgraded HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 from base version 220.127.116.11 in China. However, alongside security improvements, this update doesn’t bring any other changes made to the system.
The December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch fixes 1 CVE in framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, and 3 CVEs in applications. In addition to this, it also resolves 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries for better system security.
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00x)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00m)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-TL00x)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Speaking about the Huawei Enjoy 1o software system, this smartphone was initially debuted with EMUI 9.1 operating system based on Android 9. Following the launch, the company has not delivered any major software update ahead of HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout.
The clear shows that the HarmonyOS software system has capabilities to support old device systems, which is really impressive. Currently, HarmonyOS is limited to the Chinese market and soon launch for global consumers.
How to check for update:
Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone users can check the update through phone settings or the My Huawei app. Both of these methods are mentioned below.
To update through Settings, go to Settings, tap on system & updates, tap on software updates, then check for updates. Wait for seconds, while the device is connecting to the server and checking for updates. Once an update appeared, tap on the download option and install it.
Alternatively, you can open the My Huawei app, go to update sections, tap on check for update and follow on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Huawei users, we recommend you take a backup of your important data before updating to prevent from data. However, the update doesn’t erase your data but it’s good to take backup. Also, maintain enough storage and battery on your smartphone.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and followed by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 that looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 10, 2022:
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 22.214.171.124 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 184.108.40.206 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more