However, the company is also making some of the changes in the user interface of existing apps that are migrating to the HarmonyOS operating system.
According to the information, HarmonyOS has now been added the UA in the Huawei Browser settings of the Huawei smartphones. Interestingly, the company has removed the Android option from this menu.
Browser UA or User-Agent is the layout of web pages that will adapt to match your chosen user-agent.
These options previously had an Android option on top, which is now replaced by HarmonyOS. Still, the Huawei Browser app on EMUI powered devices has an Android UA Option.
Get the latest My Huawei app [22.214.171.1240]
Huawei has its own set of services and they are now available with the My Huawei app. It offers you one-stop intelligent experiences in connection with Huawei brands. This app replaces the use cases of the “Support” app, which is renamed from HiCare.
Currently, this app is expanding to different markets but you can get the latest My Huawei app via the link given below.
- My Huawei 126.96.36.1990
- My Huawei 188.8.131.529
- My Huawei 184.108.40.2066
- My Huawei 220.127.116.112
- My Huawei app 18.104.22.1682
My Huawei is a big update for the previous Support app. The new app provides an official premium channel for you to get the latest Huawei news, find Huawei’s official services, and communicate with fellow Huawei users.
The app interface is simple and consists of Homepagepage, Community, Support, and Personal Center that provides all information, the latest news, shopping channels, Huawei academy, and so on. The main highlights are mentioned below-
- Intimate Service: It allows users to find nearby stores, book online reservations, and local services
- Gamings: Enhance your gaming skills and explore your device with this one-stop solution
- Shopping: Get all the information about the available products, campaigns, sales, and offers
- Sevice: Enjoy service centers, smart diagnostics, troubleshooting, service information, and other activities
- Community: Interact with the other member, jointly find solutions, and be updated with the latest news
You can get this app in the following countries and you can download as they will expand gradually:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
December 2022 Google Play System update brings new changes to digital driver’s license
It’s December 2022, and Google is rolling out a new Play System update with a huge changelog and interesting features. Besides, the company has also added some reflective optimizations to improve the overall user experience.
In addition, the December 2022 Google Play System update brings a new beta feature for the Google Wallet. Eventually, this change is something that will enrich smart car-related operations for consumers.
As per the latest info, the latest Google Wallet beta feature will allow users to access digital driver’s licenses. In other words, you can keep your ID or license card safely on your Android devices under the Wallet application.
The purpose of this feature is to offer a digital and more secure experience to users with their ID and other informative cards. As of now, the feature is only rolling to some selected states in the US. But we could find more regions attaining this feature in the time ahead.
Although the changelog doesn’t read much information on this subject for the moment. Yet, we will inform you of the latest reports as soon as Google will hint at something on this matter.
Aside from the unique element, Google has optimized the device connectivity scenario, added new features to the Play Store, and made the system management more convenient to operate. You can have a detailed look at these features, below.
December 2022 Google Play System update – Changelog
- [Auto, Phone, TV] Bug fixes for Account Management, Security, and Updatability-related services.
Device Connectivity: Phone
- Update Case-related settings
- Reduce delays in discovering contacts via Nearby Share
- Inform the user when casting to a Tablet device needing user interaction
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the Apps and Games you love
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility
- Beta feature to allow users from selected US states to digitize their state ID/driver’s license into the Google Wallet for convenient, private, and secure presentation
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and stability.
To enjoy these new pinches on your Android phone, you must have the latest version of the Google Play services (v48.22) and Google Play Store (v33.2) on your device.
Google Play Store rules troubling Android users in US
Google Play Store has been causing some unlawful trouble for Android users in the US. As per the input revealings, the company is alleged by the California lawsuits of preserving forbidden Play Store rules and disobeying US anti-competition laws.
The story begins in July this year. The major authorities of 36 states sued the US tech maker. Accordingly, the authorities claimed that Google puts pressure on the developers for opting the Play Store practices irrespective of their convenience.
In addition, many app developers reported that Google forces them to use the Play Store in-app purchase system which cost 30% commission. Consequently, these steps keep Google far away from the market competition.
Thus, Google alleged for following illegal marketing concepts and creating trouble for Android users with Play Store rules. In the latest edition, the California lawsuits have proceeded with this matter as a consumer class action of 21 million individuals.
For your information, a class action is a type of regulation where a large number of people takes legal action against the same problem. Here, the class action consists of Android users of 12 US states including Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Eventually, this class action sought out damage of 4.7 billion USD. Meanwhile, California judge James Donato said in an order [PDF] that the company has halted the legal common practices for the tech makers in the market which leads to anti-competitive business.
Google denies the allegations
Significantly, Google kept its points in front of the lawmen and denied the allegations. The company said that they are working under legal rules and regulations without harming users’ concerns.
“We’re evaluating the ruling and after that, we’ll assess our options.”
It’s worth mentioning that Google has rolled out the user billing system to comfort developers worldwide. With this feature, developers can utilize their own in-app purchase system without making a share in the Play Store. However, the respective feature has still some time to come into effective usage.