Huawei announced HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones on June 2. Following the announcements, the eligible Huawei device users started enrolling for the first batch of HarmonyOS closed beta testing through the My Huawei app.
Post recruitment, Huawei has now begun rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta test software build for 23 Huawei devices that included models from previous-gen flagships such as Mate 20 series to budget smartphones and tablets.
To be mention, HarmonyOS 2.0 beta testing campaign is currently opened for Chinese models. However, the global user no need to worry because Huawei is definitely planning something for them, and soon release the upgrade plan.
The HarmonyOS 2.0 is a brand new operating system and brings a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a new user experience.
Adapting models for the first batch of HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta:
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 20 X (4G)
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 SE
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei MatePad 10.4
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 5G
- Huawei MatePad 10.8
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55
Huawei devices with HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update version :
- Huawei Mate Xs: From EMUI 22.214.171.124 upgraded to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 20 series: From EMUI 188.8.131.52 upgraded to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 6 series: From EMUI 220.127.116.11 upgraded to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Nova 6 SE: From EMUI 10.1.0.234 upgraded to HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Nova 7 series: From EMUI 126.96.36.199 upgraded to HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Nova 7 SE: From EMUI 10.1.0.212 upgraded to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition: From EMUI 10.1.1.142 upgraded to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition: From EMUI 18.104.22.168 upgraded to HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Nova 8: From EMUI 126.96.36.199 upgraded to HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro: From EMUI 184.108.40.206 upgraded to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Nova 8 SE: From EMUI 10.1.1.152 upgraded to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Maimang 9: From EMUI 10.1.1.209 upgraded to HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G: From EMUI 10.1.1.211 upgraded to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus: From EMUI 10.1.1.169 upgraded to HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G: From EMUI 10.1.1.211 upgraded to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei MatePad 10.4: From EMUI 220.127.116.11/183 upgraded to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei MatePad 10.8: From EMUI 22.214.171.124 upgraded to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
Let’s take a look at HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta changelog:
Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
Support task status saving in frequently-used apps, meaning that even after you’ve switched to another app, you can pick up a previous task right from where you had left off.
The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed.
This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
These two mention features only supported by smartphones from Huawei Mate 20, Nova 8. Nova 7, Nova 6 series, and Mate Xs.
Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless devices, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.