Huawei has officially confirmed that Huawei HarmonyOS Developer Day is set for the stage in Hangzhou, China on July 31st, 2021. According to the information, this event will be broadcasted through online platforms.
Adding to this, this event will be attended by 20+ technical experts, more than 300 developers, and over 15 keynotes will be delivered by experts. Also, the Keynote speech subject includes:
- HarmonyOS: The operating system in the era of the Internet of Everything
- Interpretation of HarmonyOS Professional Certification
- HarmonyOS overall design concept, key scenarios, and architecture interpretation of Super Device
- In-depth interpretation of HarmonyOS application framework
- Partner case sharing
- HarmonyOS Codelabs development overview
Below you can check the full activity Agenda:
New Technology Presentation
- 13: 30-13: 50 – HarmonyOS Application/Service Development Platform and Tools
- 13: 50-14: 10 – Quick Start Application Development: Introduction to HarmonyOS Sample
- 14: 10-14: 30 – New Features of HarmonyOS Service Card
- 14: 30-14: 50 – HarmonyOS Application Development Foundation-Ability
- 14: 50-15: 20 – Introduction to HarmonyOS Service Card Architecture and Card Template
- 15: 20-15: 40 – HarmonyOS Gallery Service Card Development Case Sharing
- 15: 40-16: 00 – HarmonyOS Cards You Never Expected Game
- 16: 00-16: 20 – HarmonyOS component library usage practice
- 16: 20-16: 40 – Cocos engine application exploration on HarmonyOS multi-device
Besides this, Huawei also has the plan to conduct interactive experience activities including face-to-face communication with experts and exploration of new technologies.
- Codelabs: Invites you to experience fun and an interesting new demo.
- Cooperative Partner Case Gallery: Experiences HarmonyOS 2 innovation results.
- Hands-on Lab: Teach you zero-based development of HarmonyOS 2 service cards.
On the other hand, Huawei also has other HarmonyOS events scheduled before this day such as HarmonyOS Connect Partner Summit and HarmonyOS Application Service Summit.
To be mentioned, HarmonyOS Connect Partner Summit is set for July 16th while HarmonyOS Application Service Summit will be scheduled to happen on July 30th in China. Also, the company is planning to explain new HarmonyOS Connect solutions and more.
Huawei Mate X2 gets HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update with June 2022 security patch
Huawei Mate X2 is one of the unique foldable gadgets in the smartphone market to date. Earlier this month, Huawei rolled out the May 2022 security patch for the corresponding device users, and now Mate X2 is all set to grab June 2022 update.
The new HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update brings the latest June 2022 security patch for Huawei Mate X2 smartphone users. Thus, the respective smartphone users will experience a more enhanced and stable system after installing the new update.
Talking about the updated security patch, it offers fixes to a bunch of exploits and privacy threats in the system. Moreover, it mends 15 high and 4 medium levels of vulnerabilities of the internal framework. Hence, users must download the update as soon as it arrives on the phone.
However, before you upgrade, you must note the following points for a successful installation:
- The device must have a better battery backup to install this update which is a minimum of 50%.
- It’s compulsory to check your storage availability to download the latest update as per the size required.
- A strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package.
Apart from the new security patch, the changelog doesn’t read any specific changes to the device. Yet, it assures to optimize the performance level of the device. Further, it also serves as a stability provider so that the smartphone function efficiently.
- Latest Version: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Security: Incorporates the June 2022 security patch that enhances the mobile system stability
NOTE: Only those users running their devices on the base version 188.8.131.52 can install the update.
Compatible Models for the Update
The following models with version number C00 are compatible with the update:
- Mate X2 4GTET-AL00
- Mate X2 Full Netcom TET-AN00
- Mate X2 Full Netcom TET-AN10
- Mate X2 Collector’s Edition TET-AN50
For installing the update, visit Settings > System & Updates > Software Updates > Check for Updates > Download & Install.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HarmonyOS 3.0 shuffles status bar icons, check comparison with HarmonyOS 2.0
Huawei is conducting HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta run on smartphones and the company has made some shuffling in the status bar icons of the software. Although, the exchange was minor but it says a lot about Huawei’s intention of making the OS perfect as it now looking into deeper roots and removing all of the weak angles.
Coming to the status bar shuffle, Huawei has changed the position of some icons from left to right in the HarmonyOS 3.0. For instance, the WiFi icons are now moved toward the right, while the clock has been shifted to the left along with the notification icon. There are also some icons that have been removed from the status bar, which are no longer required to show.
Comparing these changes to HarmonyOS 2.0.
HarmonyOS 2.0 has WiFi and notification icons on the left while keeping the rest of the icons on the right. As you can see, the clock has had been on the right side of the status bar.
The changes in position might be related to the feedback from consumers. However, it’s not a final image of the software. As it will continuously be improved on the road to begin public beta testing for more Huawei smartphone users.
Thereafter, feedback will further shape HarmonyOS 3.0 for the final release.
A week ago, Huawei began registration of HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta for the public Huawei smartphone users. This enables the phone owners to jump into the beta program stage and download the latest HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta firmware.
According to the information, Huawei is still registering smartphone owners in China for HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta testing until July 15. Hereafter, the company will continue to evaluate and send beta builds for the registered Huawei devices under the beta testing phase.
Currently, the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta is began testing on the following models: P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS Porsche Design. Huawei tablet: MatePad Pro 12.6-inch 2021 model.
(via – Source)
Huawei May 2022 HarmonyOS update rolling for Honor 9X series
Honor 9X series which consists of the standard 9X model and the Pro variant is finally receiving the May 2022 security update. The update is rolling out in batches and will gradually expand among the corresponding device users.
The latest firmware is upgraded from the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 version and appears as 220.127.116.11. Moreover, it is only compatible with specific models of the Honor 9X series. Hence, users must check the device version and model, before installing the update.
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00)
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00a)
- Honor 9X Pro (HLK-AL10)
Users holding Honor 9X series smartphones must note that apart from increasing the system security and stability, the latest May 2022 update does not mingle any new changes. Yet, it mends the common issues and exploits of the system, resulting in smooth functioning of the device.
- Incorporates May 2022 security patch that enhances system security.
How to Update Honor 9X Series?
Although the OTA update is on its way, you can try the manual trick to grab the software. Just go to the Settings, and click on the System & Updates. Further, tap on the Software Updates followed by the Check for Updates.
Let the phone connect to the server, and bring the latest update on the screen. To the available update, hit the Download and Install button. Thereafter, we recommend users let the system optimize the new application so that the device could run efficiently.
Honor 9X series
There isn’t much difference between the classic 9X and the Honor 9X Pro smartphone. Both the device features a 6.59-inch LCD panel and appeared with the Android 9 system on the consumer platform.
Besides, both smartphones sport a tri-cam plateau on the back side. This plateau gives space to a 48MP prime shooter, an 8MP ultrawide lens with a 120-degree angle, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front side, the devices display a motorized pop-up camera of 16MP.