Just recently, Huawei has officially begun the recruitment of 14 devices for the fourth phase of HarmonyOS 2.o closed beta testing. These phones will be able to download and install the latest features offered by HarmonyOS.
According to the recruitment details, Huawei and Honor smartphones that are eligible to participate in this batch mainly include the previous-gen devices such as Mate 10, P20, Nova 4, Honor 30S, and more.
To be mentioned, according to the HarmonyOS 2.0 upgrade roadmap, these smartphones are initially scheduled to get HarmonyOS 2 in the first half of 2022 but early testing is really good sign for the testers.
List of devices eligible for HarmonyOS 2 beta testing in the fourth phase:
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Honor 30S
- Honor 30 Youth Edition
- Honor X10
- Honor X10 Max
- Honor Play 4
To join the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta program, check the below steps:
Huawei eligible device users need to open the My Huawei App and then go to Home, then open the Upgrade Early Adopters and check for internal beta registration. Alternatively, go to Huawei Club and check for internal beta registration.
- This beta testing is limited to Chinese models.
- HarmonyOS 2 beta testing for the global model is not started.
- The list could be updated.
The HarmonyOS 2.0 brings a whole new operating system and features for users, which will surely provide a better user experience as compared to Android-based OS. Also, it is a complete replacement for the existing EMUI system.
Huawei and Honor devices with EMUI/MagicUI base version to upgrade over HarmonyOS 2.0 :
- Huawei P20: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.188
- Huawei P20 Pro: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.188
- Huawei Mate 10: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.188
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.188
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.188
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.188
- Huawei Nova 4: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.171
- Huawei Nova 5i: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.141
- Huawei Nova 4e: EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.168
- Honor 30S: MagicUI 4.0 version 18.104.22.168
- Honor 30 Youth Edition: MagicUI 4.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor X10: MagicUI 4.0 version 126.96.36.199
- Honor X10 Max: MagicUI 4.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor Play 4: MagicUI 4.0 version 184.108.40.206
The number of slots: 200 slots for each device
Recruitment Time: July 12, 2021, to July 15, 2021
Update announcement: After completion of recruitment, Huawei will roll out several beta builds. If you fill in the registration information incorrectly or are not on the baseline version that supports the upgrade, you will not receive the update.