Following months of trials, 25 Huawei devices are receiving stable HarmonyOS 2.0 updates. These 25 devices aren’t just smartphones but also includes a smart screen (smart TVs) as well as models from both Huawei and Honor brand. The below-listed devices are now eligible to upgrade over the HarmonyOS and enjoy its latest features.
To be noted, these phones have been running the EMUI software system before upgrading over the HarmonyOS. This new OS installs various new features and user interface that provides a seamless user experience for the consumers. Also, both EMUI and existing HarmonyOS testers can now install this major upgrade.
25 Huawei devices with stable HarmonyOS update:
- P20 Pro
- Mate 10
- Mate 10 Pro
- Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Mate RS Porsche Design
- nova 4
- Enjoy 10S
- Enjoy 10 Plus
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor 20S
- Honor Play 4T Pro
- Honor 10
- Honor V10
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen V55i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65 Premium Edition
- Huawei Smart Screen V65 2021 model
- Huawei Smart Screen V75 2021 model
This software rollout is currently limited to Chinese consumers and is now available to download via both My Huawei and the software update section. However, it’s now available for global consumers. Below you can check more information about the rollout.
Update Changelog: Beta testers
- Call: Fix the problem of the screen delay in the incoming call scene
- Bluetooth: Fix the problem of the abnormal Bluetooth connection device in some scenarios
- Optimize the unlocking animation with the display effect of some game interfaces
The update is rolling out in batches so users who didn’t get this update yet can wait for a few days. Furthermore, this firmware can be download through system settings and the My Huawei App. Open the Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Things to Rember:
- Install the update as soon it reaches your device.
- Don’t disturb the update installation process and use a strong WiFi or personal internet network.
- Don’t forget to restart your device once the installation process is complete.
- The user data will be safe during the update process but an advance backup is recommended.
Changelog for stable users:
On June 2, Huawei announced the brand new mobile operating system for smartphone devices that comes with a new user interface and features that enhance the user experience for the consumer. At the event, Huawei unveiled a roadmap to send HarmonyOS 2.0 on mobile devices and includes over 100 Huawei models consisting of both phones and tablets.
The company so far has started HarmonyOS 2.0 for almost all of the listed eligible Huawei phones and moving rapidly to conclude the HarmonyOS 2.0 testing in China. However, this OS is yet to reach the global market and there’s no confirmation when it’ll actually make its way to the consumers.
Huawei HarmonyOS API version 7 launched, adds ArkUI 3.0 dev framework
On September 11, 2020, Huawei has released the HarmonyOS SDK’s first beta, which supports the development of Huawei smart screens, smart wearables, and car equipment based on HarmonyOS. Following several version upgrades, Huawei has finally announced the release of HarmonyOS SDK 3.0 Beta (API Version 7).
ArkUI 3.0 development framework:
The Huawei Developer Conference HDC2021 officially launched the ArkUI 3.0 development framework. Based on the original JS-based web-like development paradigm, a newly designed declarative development paradigm based on TS extension was added.
It supports TypeScript programming language and adopts closer The declarative paradigm syntax of natural semantics allows developers to intuitively describe the UI interface without worrying about how the framework implements UI drawing and rendering, achieving minimalist and efficient development.
At present, the declarative development paradigm based on TS extension has supported 32 UI components such as Image, Text, List, etc., and 8 dynamic effects such as implicit animation and explicit animation.
JS API 7 new interface
JS API 7 adds nearly 6000 interfaces, covering distributed data management subsystem, telephone service subsystem, image and graphics subsystem, etc., allowing developers to develop fully functional user applications through JS API.
Travel Service app based on HarmonyOS open for public testing
Recently, the public testing slots for HarmonyOS powered Travel Service is opened between November 26 to December 5. Interested users can participate in this testing program and download the latest 220.127.116.11 version that comes with a package size of 2.3MB.
Travel Service FA is a personalized flight and train travel service platform launched by HarmonyOS system Smart Travel. It visually displays flight and train information in the form of cards and supports flights and trains dynamic change reminders as well as covers the functions such as taxi navigation, weather, and alarm reminders.
You can participate in Travel Service public testing and put forward your valuable opinions to win prizes~ Withdraw the incentive measures (expected draw time: 8 December 2021).
- First prize: 100 yuan Jingdong E-card
- Second prize: 70 yuan Jingdong E card
- Third prize: 50 yuan Jingdong E card
Note: The list of winners will be announced at 15:00 on December 8, 2021.
- Based on a number of valid feedbacks submitted by users. (Valid feedback mainly refers to the functional errors and BUGs of this version)
Download and install
- Click the “download” button at the bottom of the page to download and install the public test version of the Travel Service.
- After installation, do not enter the application through the “Open” button at the bottom of this page, return to the lower left or lower right corner of the desktop, and swipe the screen to enter the service center.
- Search for “travel service” in the search box, the travel service application icon will pop up, long-press the icon to pop up the check box, and select the card mode “add to desktop”.
Add Travel Path:
Click “Start Experience” and agree to the privacy agreement to start the experience:
- After receiving the booking text message, the travel service recognizes the text message and automatically adds the itinerary
- Long press the first level card to pop up the edit box, select the edit entry to manually enter the information to add the plan.
Public test content:
- Install travel service FA, experience flight/train reservation query, flight/train dynamic change reminder, departure/destination, weather reminder, taxi navigation, UI interface experience.
- During the test, you can record and take screenshots, and submit questions to the beta form for real-time feedback.
December 2021 HarmonyOS security update for Honor Pad 6 rolling out
Huawei is about release the December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch details but ahead of this, it began sending this security update for Honor Pad 6, which is impressive. However, Huawei Enjoy 2 Tablet and Honor Pad X6 has already grabbed this security patch.
According to the information, December 2021 update for Honor Pad 6 comes with HarmonyOS version 18.104.22.168, which is upgraded from HM OS base version 22.214.171.124 in China. By exploring the changelog, we have found that it installs the December 2021 security patch and brings optimizations for the display effect of some interfaces.
Furthermore, the Chinese tech maker has recently rolled the EMUI December 2021 security patch details, which will soon be reached the user for improved system security,
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HOW TO UPDATE:
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via My Huawei app:
- Open the My Huawei app on your device
- Go to the Update
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Due to version restrictions, please upgrade to version 126.96.36.199 first, otherwise you will not receive the version rollout.
- This version upgrade will not erase user data, but it is recommended to back up all important data to a PC or cloud before upgrading, and confirm that the backup content is complete and effective.
- Because some third-party applications may not be compatible with the HarmonyOS operating system, the third-party app may not work normally after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the application to the latest version in the Huawei AppGallery.
- After the upgrade is completed, the tablet may experience heating, freezing, or slow charging. This is caused by some self-optimization and adaptation actions performed by the system after the upgrade. Please rest assured to use it. It will return to normal after 2-3 days of normal use. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in idle time. During the charging period, the system will do optimization to ensure that the tablet application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, there may be changes in your home screen layout, please adjust it manually.
- This update needs to reserve 10GB of data space. The installation package will be automatically deleted after the update and does not occupy storage space