Recently, the public testing slots for HarmonyOS powered Travel Service is opened between November 26 to December 5. Interested users can participate in this testing program and download the latest 188.8.131.52 version that comes with a package size of 2.3MB.
Travel Service FA is a personalized flight and train travel service platform launched by HarmonyOS system Smart Travel. It visually displays flight and train information in the form of cards and supports flights and trains dynamic change reminders as well as covers the functions such as taxi navigation, weather, and alarm reminders.
You can participate in Travel Service public testing and put forward your valuable opinions to win prizes~ Withdraw the incentive measures (expected draw time: 8 December 2021).
- First prize: 100 yuan Jingdong E-card
- Second prize: 70 yuan Jingdong E card
- Third prize: 50 yuan Jingdong E card
Note: The list of winners will be announced at 15:00 on December 8, 2021.
- Based on a number of valid feedbacks submitted by users. (Valid feedback mainly refers to the functional errors and BUGs of this version)
Download and install
- Click the “download” button at the bottom of the page to download and install the public test version of the Travel Service.
- After installation, do not enter the application through the “Open” button at the bottom of this page, return to the lower left or lower right corner of the desktop, and swipe the screen to enter the service center.
- Search for “travel service” in the search box, the travel service application icon will pop up, long-press the icon to pop up the check box, and select the card mode “add to desktop”.
Add Travel Path:
Click “Start Experience” and agree to the privacy agreement to start the experience:
- After receiving the booking text message, the travel service recognizes the text message and automatically adds the itinerary
- Long press the first level card to pop up the edit box, select the edit entry to manually enter the information to add the plan.
Public test content:
- Install travel service FA, experience flight/train reservation query, flight/train dynamic change reminder, departure/destination, weather reminder, taxi navigation, UI interface experience.
- During the test, you can record and take screenshots, and submit questions to the beta form for real-time feedback.
January 2022 security update available for Huawei Nova 5i and 5i Pro
Huawei has started to rollout the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Nova 5i and Nova 5i Pro smartphones for improved system security. As it fixes the common vulnerabilities and bugs found in the latest software system.
According to the information, the Huawei Nova 5i and 5i Pro January 2022 update come with upgraded HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 from base version 220.127.116.11. So, the models receiving update are:
- Huawei Nova 5i (GLK-AL00)
- Huawei Nova 5i (GLK-TL00)
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro (SPN-AL00)
For all the above-mentioned smartphone owners, it is recommended you upgrade to the latest HarmonyOS version as soon as possible. Because, alongside security improvements, this update also boosts the overall performance of the system.
Furthermore, the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update fixes a total of 130 CVEs in the whole system. Among them, 4 CVE in the framework, 10 CVEs in the system, 5 CVEs in the application, and 111 CVEs resolved in the third-party libraries.
One thing worth mentioning, Huawei Nova 5i and 5i Pro are listed under the quarterly update section of the HarmonyOS security bulletin. But, for a long time, the company is serving monthly updates even they were mentioned on the quarterly list.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Points to remember:
- Take a backup of your important data
- Maintain at least 30% battery on your smartphone
- Keep enough Storage on your device
- It’s a staged rollout and may take time to reach your device
How to check for updates:
To download the update, open the Settings, tap in system & updates, tap on software update. Click on CHECKS FOR UPDATES and wait while the smartphone is checking for updates. If a new update appears on the device, tap on the download and install option. After completion of the update process, the device automatically reboots.
Huawei Nova 5i:
Huawei Nova 5i comes with a 5.84-inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2310 resolution. The smartphone is powered by the Kirin 710 12nm processor. It is paired with 4GB RAM and 128GB of memory.
The device packs a 4000 mAh battery and runs on the Android 9 based EMUI 9.1 OS. The Nova 5i equips a triple rear camera setup with a 24MP+16MP+2MP lens. On the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera.
Huawei Nova 4e receiving January 2022 HarmonyOS security update
The latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update is rolling out for Huawei Nova 4e smartphone users. This update mainly installs the security patch released in January 2022, which safeguards the device against common threats.
Huawei Nova 4e January 2022 software update comes with firmware version HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124. With the installation of this update, the overall security and performance of the device will be improved.
So, what are the fixes with January 2022 HarmonyOS security update? Well, it brings fixes for 4 CVE in the framework, 10 CVEs in the system, and 5 CVEs in the application. Additionally, it also resolves 111 CVEs found in the third-party libraries.
For more information, users the complete changelog and other important information about the software package as well as its version information below.
New software update:
- Latest Version: Huawei Nova 4e users receiving HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199 upgraded from 188.8.131.52.
- Changelog: Installs the January 2022 security patch for improved system security.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
To update, Huawei Nova 4e users need to open the phone settings, tap on system & updates, tap on the software update, and then check for updates. If an update is found on your device then hit the download button and install it.
Through My Huawei app:
You can also request the update through the My Huawei app, open the My Huawei app, go to the update section, follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the update.
While updating, make sure that your device is charged at least 30% and has enough amount of storage space for the update package. Also, if the update doesn’t appear on your device, please don’t be panic and wait for some time. Because the update is rolling out in batches and may take some time to reach you.
Huawei HarmonyOS needs this feature from Android 12
HarmonyOS comes with a bunch of new features that are built around the operating system and bring ease of accessing smartphone users. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about accessibility on this OS but there is one feature that Huawei HarmonyOS should be considering taking from Android 12.
So, what’s that one feature? Well, actually we’re talking about the dynamic color system powered by the Material You design. Although, the Material You on Android 12 has deep integration into the operating system but it’s worth mentioning that Huawei should adopt it on HarmonyOS for its consumers.
Android 12 is the latest installment from Google and many smartphone makers has already started shifting their smartphone to Android 12 but dynamic colors from Material You is the only feature that keeps them on the toe.
Going for the simple terms, the new feature system allows users to change the system colors and apply a better one. Most interestingly, it can adapt and generate color pallets based on your phone’s wallpaper, which is actually very cool.
There are two types of colors you can choose from:
- Wallpaper colors
- Basic Colors
First Let’s talk about the Wallpaper colors.
These will lead you to the color palette generated from the wallpaper of your phone’s home screen including a Primary, an accent, and a Dark mode color.
Second, Basic colors:
These are solid colors that will be applied solely throughout the system.
Aside from the colors, the feature will let you customize the system icons that will be applied to the app icons.
Where these changes will appear?
The change in dynamic colors will appear throughout the user interface and system including quick settings, dialer, app icons, Settings menu, and even in apps.
These changes in the user interface are surely amusing, even if Huawei cannot inherit the Material You design, it could add an extra flavor of customization with dynamic color themes.