At present, Huawei is focusing on HarmonyOS 2.0 installation and testing programs. Keeping its preparation at full pace, the company is also working to cover more and more devices under the HarmonyOS umbrella as soon as possible.
After the official revealing of HarmonyOS 2, Huawei began the closed and public beta testing activity of the new OS for its devices in the two different batches limited Chinese market.
Post recruitment, Huawei has moved one step forward and started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta software update for smartphones registered in the second batch of this testing activity.
For your information, Huawei will keep on testing the HarmonyOS 2 until its reaches the stable level and for the commercial use case. The stable rollout stage is required because it’ll lead to HarmonyOS 2 rollout for the global consumers, yet, we’ve to wait for more information on this matter.
HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta Second batch rollout:
Let’s move towards, the HarmonyOS first closed beta update, which is rolling for 11 devices from P30, Nova 5, and MatePad M6 series.
The HarmonyOS 2.0 beta software update offers a whole new operating and features including a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, better security, and more surprising ones. [Full changelog below]
Note: Currently, the HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta campaign is going on in mainland China. The company will expand for global users.
HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta devices (first beta):
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.6-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta devices with the new software version:
- Huawei P30: From EMUI 220.127.116.11/142 upgraded to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei P30 Pro: From EMUI 22.214.171.124/142 upgraded to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G: From EMUI 188.8.131.52 upgraded to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Mate X: From EMUI 220.127.116.11 upgraded to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro: From EMUI 22.214.171.124/146 upgraded to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199/130
- Huawei Nova 5: From EMUI 10.1.0.103 upgraded to HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro: From EMUI 10.1.0.103 upgraded to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 5z: From EMUI 10.1.0.103 upgraded to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4-inch: From EMUI 18.104.22.168 upgraded to HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch: From EMUI 126.96.36.199 upgraded to HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition: From EMUI 184.108.40.206 upgraded to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
First HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta changelog:
Home-screen: Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Control Panel: Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
Service Center: If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
Smart Folder: HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmoynOS Fonts: HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Smart Office: Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
Smart Home: Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless devices, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Seamless Performance: All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
Task manager: Support task status saving infrequently used apps, meaning that even after you’ve switched to another app, you can pick up a previous task right from where you had left off.
MeeTime: Added support for multi-party calls. Now, both Huawei mobile phones and tablets can freely access audio and video calls
App Guard: The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed.
This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
Collaborative Security: Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.
Certifications: The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
There are few things to remember before beginning to update on HarmonyOS 2 closed beta:
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.
Also, check the linked video for a better understanding of new HarmonyOS features:
Huawei FreeBuds Pro is testing HarmonyOS 2.0
It’s reported that one of the most popular smart audio devices – Huawei FreeBuds Pro is now testing HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. A screenshot coming from a Chinese consumer shows a FreeBuds Pro firmware upgrade with the HarmonyOS build version.
According to the screenshot, version 18.104.22.1686 is under testing with beta features and the update only has an OTA size of 2.89MB. The update has a big changelog. However, the Huawei support representative has a different angle on this matter, the representative is unaware of this firmware version and reveals that the latest Huawei FreeBuds Pro software version is 22.214.171.1246.
Huawei Audio Service Widget:
After opening the Control Panel, you’ll find the audio control center, which will help you to quickly switch between multiple devices with one tap.
The latest feature is supported by the following devices:
- FreeBuds 4
- FreeBuds 4E
- FreeBuds Pro
- FreeBuds Lipstick
- FreeBuds Studio
- Smart Glasses
Here’s how to update your FreeBuds Pro:
Connet your FreeBuds Pro devices to a HarmonyOS powered by, then open Huawei AppGallery, then tap on My, and then on Update management. From here tap on Audio Manager and Smart Life App. Tap on an update to update the application.
To update the latest Audio service on your phone’s home screen visit Settings > Bluetooth Settings and then tap on Audio Services, followed by Add to Home Screen option.
(via – ithome)
HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global Huawei smartphones?
Huawei has its fully-owned operating system – HarmonyOS, which offers a bunch of new features in comparison to the EMUI software. The operating system was designed to work across different platforms including an extra edge of functionality in smartphone devices. In the current scenario, the Chinese tech maker is pursuing the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and continuously enhancing it by releasing new software update versions.
Now, Huawei is planning to reveal the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system – HarmonyOS 3.0. This new version will surely come up with some advanced features for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other adapted platforms. However, it was also reported that the upcoming Mate 50 series could arrive with a pre-installed HarmonyOS 3.0.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC), the Chinese tech maker announced HarmonyOS 3.0. Although, the tech firm has not revealed any specific details on the user interface but we’re aware that Huawei has focused on the performance part this time and wants to rollout this software version on most of the devices.
Currently, Huawei has not announced the rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 or its testing but the developer preview roadmap of this software suggests that it could come somewhere in July. Still, a confirmation is awaited.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 for global users:
Meanwhile, many consumers of Huawei devices asked us, whether Huawei is planning to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for the global Huawei smartphone owners? To answer that, we should look at some facts that have appeared previously on the ground.
Huawei currently treats HarmonyOS 2.0 as the Chinese consumer-based operating system, especially for smartphones. The company has told us in a statement that it has no plans to roll this out to global smartphone users and continues to push EMUI as the lead smartphone software.
Meanwhile, Huawei consumers are taking on EMUI 12 as their prime operating system and receiving it via OTA software update. Looking at the fact that HarmonyOS 2.0 is not coming to the global market, Huawei has made some changes in the core EMUI user interface and brought it much closer to its Chinese counterpart.
However, confirmation is still awaited on whether HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global consumers.
So what do you think, HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for the global consumers? Let us know via the poll below.
Will Huawei launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for global consumers?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 15, 2022
April 2022 HarmonyOS update released for these 6 Honor smartphones
Recently, Huawei has pushed off the April 2022 security update for several Honor smartphones running on the HarmonyOS operating system. As we know, after the separation of Huawei and Honor, the previously launched Honor smartphones came under the care of Huawei.
Yes! the latest software update rollout clearly shows the care of Huawei towards its former brand smartphones. Below, you can check the list of Honor smartphones, which getting the April 2022 HarmonyOS security update.
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20S
- Honor 30S
- Honor Play 4
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Play 9A
This newest update for the above-mentioned Honor smartphones mainly boosted the system’s security and stability. As it fixes over 49 vulnerabilities and threats found in the latest HarmonyOS software system. Read more
If you are any of the mentioned-device users in China and seeking for next update. Then, the update is here for you. Check the more information-related version below along with the update process and precautions.
Latest Version Details:
- Honor Magic 2: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52/231
- Honor 20S: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11
- Honor 30S: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124
- Honor Play 4: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52
- Honor X10 Max: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11
- Honor Play 4 Pro: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124
- Honor Play 9A: Magic UI 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52
How to update:
Here are two ways to install the update and it’s up to you, which one do you like.
Open the phone settings menu, tap on system & updates then click on software updates. From here, tap on Check for updates and let the phone fetch the latest update for you. If an update appears on the device, tap on download and install.
Through My Huawei app:
Go to the My Huawei app and visit the support section. Afterward, tap on the update icon and follow the on-screen steps to grab the latest update.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter