As announced on March 25, at the HarmonyOS Developer Beta Event, Huawei announced the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta build 3 rollout date, which is March 31, and finally started to rollout from today.
According to the information, Huawei has started to send the third beta software version of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta with build version 126.96.36.199 and an update package size of 0.97GB.
The update package has a number of new improvements as well as optimizations for the system. However, it doesn’t mention any specific new feature in the changelog for the moment.
As per the changelog, the update adds over 1000 HarmonyOS APIs, added more simplicity features for cross-platform devices, aimed to bring more power for the memory management side, added Java control to adjust system interface settings, added networking API, and more.
Check the full changelog below:
- Added more than 1,000 HarmonyOS APIs
- Added FA free installation feature, FA services that support free installation properties can be used without installation
- Added the feature of integrated and distributed circulation, which can transfer the content on mobile phones and tablets to large screens, watches, and other terminal devices through distributed capabilities
- Added efficient memory management mechanism
- New animation platform development curve
- Add JAVA control to adjust font/weight interface
- Added support for connection management of watch, tablet, and other device types based on the proxy Internet access of other devices
- Added distributed networking API
- Newly added drive failure diagnosis and recovery mechanism
Back in December, Huawei announced the developer beta of the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta and opened the recruitment for the Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices. Following the recruitment, Huawei rolled out the first beta of the HarmonyOS 2.0 for the developers.
Earlier this month, Huawei also announced the second developer beta of HarmonyOS 2.0 for mobile devices, which comes with several new features and changes in the overall operating system.
This includes 622 HarmonyOS APIs, added support for Huawei sharing and face-to-face sharing of HarmonyOS FA privacy, added MeeTime Sharing HarmonyOS FA as well as support for WebView capabilities, support for basic functions such as page loading, page navigation, and page information acquisition.
Launch in April:
After the completion of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta test, the company will be going to open the recruitment for the general Huawei consumers and roll it out for older models starting April this year. This year, Huawei is planning to install HarmonyOS in over 200 million smartphones.
(Via – Weibo)