Earlier, Huawei has mentioned that the development of HarmonyOS is going on for 5 years and it was introduced first time at Huawei Developer Conference 2019, while the next version was launched in HDC 2020.
Last December, Huawei started the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta testing for some devices in China and further expanded this program for more models this April.
After the completion of the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta, the first batch of devices starts receiving the latest build of HarmonyOS to test the features before a stable official launch.
The Android users who have shifted over to HarmonyOS have begun sharing the review and screenshots of the new user interface, features, and performance comparisons.
In this segment, a well-known Weibo tipster – Digital Chat Station has released the apps start-up fluency comparison video of HarmonyOS 2.0 and EMUI 11 running on Huawei Mate X2 and Mate 40 Pro respectively. Specs-wise, both the devices have powerful hardware and are powered by Kirin 9000, and offer a 90Hz refresh rate for smoother animation.
In the video, the Mate 40 Pro works on EMUI 11 while Mate X2 runs on HarmonyOS. The video maker tests the app fluency based on the key factor:
- Animation and speed of opening and closing of the app
- App response time
- Data loading time
The first step of the test is to clear the background, and then open Weibo, Kuan, Bilibili, and Peace Elite in turn.
For some reason, there is no open-screen advertisement on Weibo under EMUI 11, and the open-screen advertisement at station B is 3 seconds, while HarmonyOS has an advertisement under Weibo, and the open-screen advertisement at station B takes 5 seconds.
The video demonstration shows that the first three apps are all open at EMUI 11 Faster, but when reloading from the background, the animation of HarmonyOS 2.0 is smoother, and EMUI 11 shows signs of slowness to the naked eye.
As for the game PUBG, although Hongmeng OS initially opens faster, the time it takes to pop up the account login interface is almost the same as EMUI 11.
Stay tuned! more exciting comparisons and features of HarmonyOS are yet to come.
Check the comparison video below:
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and followed by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 that looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 21, 2022:
January 22, 2022:
- Honor Play 3 smartphone has started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei is sending a January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Nova 5z smartphone. Read more
- Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update is rolling out for Huawei Nova 4e smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5 and Nova 5 Pro smartphones running on HarmonyOS are receiving a new software that brings January 2022 security update. Read more
- Huawei has started to rollout the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Nova 5i and Nova 5i Pro smartphones. Read more
January 20, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 inch tablet. Read more
- Huawei’s latest foldable flagship –Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update in China. Read more
January 17, 2022:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone installs the December 2021 security patch for improved system security. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.124 update in China. Read more
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inch is grabbing the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update that comes with upgraded version 126.96.36.199. Read more
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 184.108.40.206 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 22.214.171.124 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more
Honor 20S grabbing January 2022 HarmonyOS security update
Huawei has already delivered the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch for several Huawei and Honor eligible devices. In the latest development, Honor 20S smartphone has begun collecting the January 2022 security update in China.
Huawei’s January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch fixed various bugs and vulnerabilities including 4 CVE in the framework, 10 CVEs in the system, 5 CVEs in the application, and 111 CVEs found in the third-party libraries.
According to the information, the Honor 20S January 2022 update brings HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199, which is upgraded from HM OS version 188.8.131.52.
To be mentioned, this update is gradually expanding through OTA for all eligible devices in the Chinese market. So, it may take some to reach you. Meanwhile, you can also check the latest update manually by following the steps mentioned below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
How to check updates manually:
There are two methods to check the update manually that is through settings or via the My Huawei app. You can check both the ways below.
To update through settings, open Settings, then go to System & updates and open Software update. Now select Check for updates and if any update shows up, then hit the Download and install button.
Alternatively, you can also download software updates using the My Huawei app. Open My Huawei app, visit the update section. Now select check for updates, and then press Download and install.
Points to know:
There are several important points you need to remember before installing the January 2022 security patch on your Honor the 20S.
- Maintain enough storage on your device.
- Keep smartphone charged at least 30% or more.
- This update won’t erase your data, but we recommend you to take backup in advance.
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- patience, the update may take some time to upgrade the installation package
January 2022 HarmonyOS security update out for Honor 20 and 20 Pro
Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. This update increases the security level of smartphones and protects the device against threats.
The new information reveals that January 2022 update for the Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones hits the ground with HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206. However, this update is rolling out in the Chinese market.
For your information, the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch fixes a massive count of 130 CVEs found in the latest software system and third-party libraries for better system security.
- Honor 20 (YAL-AL00)
- Honor 20 (YAL-TL00)
- Honor 20 Pro (YAL-AL10)
Early this month, Huawei has delivered the December 2021 security update for Honor 20 running on Magic UI 4.0 in the global market. The update rolled out with Magic UI version 220.127.116.114 (C675E3R1P4) and a software update package size of 199MB.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Talking about Honor 20, this smartphone launched with an eye-catching design, a 6.26-inch full-HD+, Kirin 980 SoC, 48MP rear quad camera system, excellent battery, and much more.
In terms of the software, it was initially packed with Magic UI 2.1 and received Magic UI 3, Magic UI 3.1, and Magic UI 4.0 major updates. Now, Honor 20 smartphones are performing very well with HarmonyOS 2.0 in China.
How to update Honor smartphones:
Honor 20 smartphone users can download the latest HarmonyOS update via go to phone settings then tap on system & updates, click on the software update, tap on check for updates. Once the update prompt pop-up on your smartphone hit the download button and install it.
Alternatively, head towards the My Huawei app, visit the update section and follow the on-screen instruction to install it. During the update timeline, make sure that the phone has a sufficient amount of battery and storage to download the update package. Also, use a stable connection to prevent update download failure issues.