For the development of HarmonyOS, the developer needs an all-in integrated development environment that is Huawei DevEco Studio. It provides a full scenario and multiple devices with project template creation, development compilation, debugging, and more.
Alongside HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta update, Huawei is also continuously improving and adding new capabilities in Huawei DevEco IDE for developers to create something amazing.
In the past, Huawei has delivered three beta versions. Now, the company has released one more beta update Huawei DevEco Studio 2.1 Beta 4 that comes with new services and changes over its predecessor.
- Added service card development
- Provides code obfuscation function
- Fixes the problems
- Updates the HarmonyOS SDK to version 126.96.36.199
Let’s explore the new changes in detail:
Added service card development
Service card is the main form of information presentation of FA. Developers can display the FA data that users care about most in the card, and can open FA directly by clicking on the content of the card.
DevEco Studio 2.1 Beta 4 service card provides multiple types of templates. Developers can flexibly choose templates according to the type of information they need to display, and quickly build service cards.
Provides code obfuscation function
Use the ProGuard tool (ProGuard is an open-source Java code obfuscator) to obfuscate the source code of the Java files in the project. Use short and meaningless names (such as a, b, c, etc.) to reiterate classes, fields, and methods. name. While effectively reducing the size of the application, it also increases the difficulty of decompilation and protects the source code.
In DevEco Studio, the obfuscation function is turned off by default. If you need to turn on the obfuscation function, configure proguardEnabled to true in the module’s build.gradle file.
Fixes the problems
- Solve the problem that when configuring compileSdkVersion in the build.gradle script by means of public variables, the XML file under the layout may be red.
- Solve the problem that the value of package input is not automatically associated in the visual configuration interface of config.json
- Solve the problem of no input verification in the config.json visual configuration interface when there is a label for a required field in the form
- Solve the problem of DevEco Studio stuck when opening HVD Manager for login authorization if HVD Manager is closed without authorization after login
- Solve the problem that breakpoints cannot be entered when using Phone and Tablet emulators for Java debugging
- Solve the problem of automatic association and jump failure when the CSS file has a large amount of code (for example, 2000 lines)
- Solve the problem that after copying js pages in batches to the current project, the editor may fail to associate automatically
Huawei Multi-device collaboration feature beta testing started in China
Huawei software system has a unique feature – Multi-device collaboration to improve the productivity of the users. It simply allows the users to connect multiple devices for quick sharing of resources.
Now, Huawei has opened the multi-device collaboration feature testing campaign for Huawei device users in China. This beta testing activity provides the opportunity to experience the fun of multi-device collaboration feature update in advance.
To participate in a multi-device collaboration beta program, users must have multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets, smart screens, headphones at the same time. Also, the device needs to be upgraded over the required version.
According to the information, Huawei’s multi-device collaboration beta recruitment is time is January 19, 2022, to January 24, 2022, in China. However, the company has opened a total of 500 slots for the beta testing campaign.
After completion of recruitment, Huawei has planned to dispatch two test versions and the test period is about two to three months. Besides this, the company is also providing a chance to win exciting awards by giving valid feedbacks and sharing genuine experiences.
So users, if you own multiple Huawei devices and want to enjoy the multi-device collaboration feature, do participate in the beta testing program. Check the more information about eligible devices and the required versions below.
- Number of slots: 500 users
- Recruitment time: January 19, 2022, to January 24, 2022
- Selected user list announcement: The selected pollen is subject to the official SMS notification.
- Version rollout time: See the follow-up official notice (if you fill in the registration information incorrectly or you are not on the baseline version that supports the upgrade, you will not receive the push).
Adapting models with required version:
- Huawei Mate 40 (HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52)
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 5G (HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206)
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G (HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11)
- Huawei MatePad Pro (HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G (HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124)
- Huawei Smart Screen V65 2021 (HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998)
- Huawei FreeBuds 4 (Version 188.8.131.52)
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro (Version 184.108.40.2066)
- The update versions cannot be rolled back, once installed.
- The testing period is about 2-3 months.
- Please make sure that your device does not have Root
- Huawei consumers sign up for this internal test, please make sure that the current device version is on the recruited baseline version.
- If you have any questions or suggestions in the new version experience, please feedback through the Beta club app on your mobile phone or tablet.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 receiving HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update
Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 18.104.22.168 update in China. However, the company has already served December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 last month.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 changelog discloses that this update brings optimization for touch screen operations on your device. After the installation of the latest version, the overall touch screen experience will be enhanced.
Models getting update are:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 (WGR-AN1)
To be mentioned, Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 users need the base HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199 to upgrade over the latest HM OS 188.8.131.52 version. More information about the update instruction and notest is linked below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 Last update detail:
In December 2021, Huawei released HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 software version that brought support for first-generation Huawei M-Pencil with global annotations and one-click extract. Also, it improved the multi-screen collaboration with the mobile phone. Furthermore, it installed the HarmonyOS security patch released in December 2021 for improved system security of the tablet.
Huawei MatePad Pro users can check and download the update manually by visiting the phone’s Settings, then tap on system & updates, open software updates, and from here select CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update appears on your device, tap on the download and install option. Keep patience, while the update package is downloading.
On the other hand, users can also request the update through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, go to update, and follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade over the latest HM OS version.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 specs:
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 launched with a 5nm Kirin 9000 series chip and expands Height 184.7 mm x Width 286.5 mm x Thickness 6.7 mm. This tablet was packed with a HarmonyOS system, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB internal storage, 10050mAh battery, and more.
December 2021 HarmonyOS update released for Huawei Enjoy 10
Huawei has dispatched a new HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. As it fixes different levels of exploits and issues as well as protects the device against threats.
According to the information, Huawei Enjoy 10 December 2021 update arrives with upgraded HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 from base version 18.104.22.168 in China. However, alongside security improvements, this update doesn’t bring any other changes made to the system.
The December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch fixes 1 CVE in framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, and 3 CVEs in applications. In addition to this, it also resolves 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries for better system security.
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00x)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00m)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-TL00x)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Speaking about the Huawei Enjoy 1o software system, this smartphone was initially debuted with EMUI 9.1 operating system based on Android 9. Following the launch, the company has not delivered any major software update ahead of HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout.
The clear shows that the HarmonyOS software system has capabilities to support old device systems, which is really impressive. Currently, HarmonyOS is limited to the Chinese market and soon launch for global consumers.
How to check for update:
Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone users can check the update through phone settings or the My Huawei app. Both of these methods are mentioned below.
To update through Settings, go to Settings, tap on system & updates, tap on software updates, then check for updates. Wait for seconds, while the device is connecting to the server and checking for updates. Once an update appeared, tap on the download option and install it.
Alternatively, you can open the My Huawei app, go to update sections, tap on check for update and follow on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Huawei users, we recommend you take a backup of your important data before updating to prevent from data. However, the update doesn’t erase your data but it’s good to take backup. Also, maintain enough storage and battery on your smartphone.