Three flagship Huawei smartphones have started to install the latest HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 update that contains a big changelog. Together with a huge update size, the update has brought a long list of new features and optimization that also can be found for many other devices of the company.
According to the info, Huawei Mate X2, Mate 40, and Huawei Mate 30 series are receiving a new HarmonyOS update with an installation size of about 1GB. The update log is the same for all three devices and granting them new features and optimizations.
In particular, the users will be getting a new discovery tab in the service center alongside the cross-device task management function for the task center. Moving ahead, the service widgets receiving a portrait clustering universal card in the devices’ gallery.
Meanwhile, there are new system optimizations to maintain the performance in the flagships. In addition, users can also find an added quick download icon for the Celia keyboard application besides a more enhanced smart voice recognition function.
Let’s explore more information about the update stating the adapting models-
- Huawei Mate X2 4G
- Huawei Mate X2 5G
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
HarmonyOS version Upgrade:
- The Huawei Mate X2 and Mate 30 smartphone users are upgrading on HarmonyOs 18.104.22.168 update version from the 22.214.171.124 version.
- The Huawei Mate 40 smartphones are shifting on HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 update version from the 2.0.0168 except for Mate 40 Pro +, and Mate RS Porche Design.
- The Huawei Mate 40 Pro +, and Mate RS Porche Design users are receiving a greater HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 version
In the service center (swipe up from the edge of the left or bottom right corner of the screen to enter), add a scenario-based service combination on the “Discovery” tab, and add it to the desktop to automatically adapt to the universal card and one-click access to similar services
Added cross-device task management function, in the task center (swipe from the bottom of the screen to enter the short pause), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WLAN network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center), and transfer tasks to each other Added.
for other management operations (universal cards for portrait clustering) (up-slide gallery application icon, can be added to the desktop), you can rotate the photos of the selected person, click on the avatar to change the person, click on the photo to jump to The clustering album of this character see more.
Added a quick download icon for Celia keyboard application (click to download and use), Celia keyboard can bring you a simple and safe input experience.
Optimize the smart voice function, wake up more sensitively Optimize
Caring for the elders, optimize basic experience such as touch, volume, etc., add desktop icon magnification function to optimize system power consumption in some situations.
This is really a big update, so the device must have at least a 50% battery backup with enough storage availability. Furthermore, a strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package. The installation process may take some time, until then wait patiently. To download this update, follow the below mention procedure.
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device
Huawei HarmonyOS API version 7 launched, adds ArkUI 3.0 dev framework
On September 11, 2020, Huawei has released the HarmonyOS SDK’s first beta, which supports the development of Huawei smart screens, smart wearables, and car equipment based on HarmonyOS. Following several version upgrades, Huawei has finally announced the release of HarmonyOS SDK 3.0 Beta (API Version 7).
ArkUI 3.0 development framework:
The Huawei Developer Conference HDC2021 officially launched the ArkUI 3.0 development framework. Based on the original JS-based web-like development paradigm, a newly designed declarative development paradigm based on TS extension was added.
It supports TypeScript programming language and adopts closer The declarative paradigm syntax of natural semantics allows developers to intuitively describe the UI interface without worrying about how the framework implements UI drawing and rendering, achieving minimalist and efficient development.
At present, the declarative development paradigm based on TS extension has supported 32 UI components such as Image, Text, List, etc., and 8 dynamic effects such as implicit animation and explicit animation.
JS API 7 new interface
JS API 7 adds nearly 6000 interfaces, covering distributed data management subsystem, telephone service subsystem, image and graphics subsystem, etc., allowing developers to develop fully functional user applications through JS API.
Travel Service app based on HarmonyOS open for public testing
Recently, the public testing slots for HarmonyOS powered Travel Service is opened between November 26 to December 5. Interested users can participate in this testing program and download the latest 184.108.40.206 version that comes with a package size of 2.3MB.
Travel Service FA is a personalized flight and train travel service platform launched by HarmonyOS system Smart Travel. It visually displays flight and train information in the form of cards and supports flights and trains dynamic change reminders as well as covers the functions such as taxi navigation, weather, and alarm reminders.
You can participate in Travel Service public testing and put forward your valuable opinions to win prizes~ Withdraw the incentive measures (expected draw time: 8 December 2021).
- First prize: 100 yuan Jingdong E-card
- Second prize: 70 yuan Jingdong E card
- Third prize: 50 yuan Jingdong E card
Note: The list of winners will be announced at 15:00 on December 8, 2021.
- Based on a number of valid feedbacks submitted by users. (Valid feedback mainly refers to the functional errors and BUGs of this version)
Download and install
- Click the “download” button at the bottom of the page to download and install the public test version of the Travel Service.
- After installation, do not enter the application through the “Open” button at the bottom of this page, return to the lower left or lower right corner of the desktop, and swipe the screen to enter the service center.
- Search for “travel service” in the search box, the travel service application icon will pop up, long-press the icon to pop up the check box, and select the card mode “add to desktop”.
Add Travel Path:
Click “Start Experience” and agree to the privacy agreement to start the experience:
- After receiving the booking text message, the travel service recognizes the text message and automatically adds the itinerary
- Long press the first level card to pop up the edit box, select the edit entry to manually enter the information to add the plan.
Public test content:
- Install travel service FA, experience flight/train reservation query, flight/train dynamic change reminder, departure/destination, weather reminder, taxi navigation, UI interface experience.
- During the test, you can record and take screenshots, and submit questions to the beta form for real-time feedback.
December 2021 HarmonyOS security update for Honor Pad 6 rolling out
Huawei is about release the December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch details but ahead of this, it began sending this security update for Honor Pad 6, which is impressive. However, Huawei Enjoy 2 Tablet and Honor Pad X6 has already grabbed this security patch.
According to the information, December 2021 update for Honor Pad 6 comes with HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11, which is upgraded from HM OS base version 18.104.22.168 in China. By exploring the changelog, we have found that it installs the December 2021 security patch and brings optimizations for the display effect of some interfaces.
Furthermore, the Chinese tech maker has recently rolled the EMUI December 2021 security patch details, which will soon be reached the user for improved system security,
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HOW TO UPDATE:
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via My Huawei app:
- Open the My Huawei app on your device
- Go to the Update
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Due to version restrictions, please upgrade to version 22.214.171.124 first, otherwise you will not receive the version rollout.
- This version upgrade will not erase user data, but it is recommended to back up all important data to a PC or cloud before upgrading, and confirm that the backup content is complete and effective.
- Because some third-party applications may not be compatible with the HarmonyOS operating system, the third-party app may not work normally after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the application to the latest version in the Huawei AppGallery.
- After the upgrade is completed, the tablet may experience heating, freezing, or slow charging. This is caused by some self-optimization and adaptation actions performed by the system after the upgrade. Please rest assured to use it. It will return to normal after 2-3 days of normal use. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in idle time. During the charging period, the system will do optimization to ensure that the tablet application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, there may be changes in your home screen layout, please adjust it manually.
- This update needs to reserve 10GB of data space. The installation package will be automatically deleted after the update and does not occupy storage space