A new HarmonyOS 2 beta update for Huawei Nova 6 SE and Nova 7 SE smartphones, which brings a number of new improvements for both of these devices. Meanwhile, the company is distributed this HarmonyOS beta build for the registered testers across the upgrade plan.
According to the information, these Nova devices selected testers can upgrade their smartphones to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 version from 22.214.171.124. However, currently, this beta activity is limited Chinese market and soon marks its presence in the global market.
Huawei Nova series devices, which are getting HarmonyOS update:
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition
Talking about the new additions and improvements that come with the latest update, it includes optimizations for WiFi connection stability, fixes the problems that some features Contacts app are not working accurately. Additionally, it resolves the issues of lock screen wallpaper.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
HarmonyOS 2 beta progress:
Aside from this, most of the devices from HarmonyOS 2.0 first batch closed beta testing stepped their feet in HarmonyOS public beta testing. These devices include smartphones from Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 series.
Moreover, Huawei has also announced a list of 17 devices including Nova 8 SE, Nova 7 SE, and Nova 6 SE, which are recruited in the third phase of HarmonyOS 2 public beta that will begin in July.
Huawei has designed a brand new operating system HarmonyOS 2.0 to provide limitless smooth cross-device connection of all scenarios. Its features include a new control panel, super device, service center, app guard, and much more.
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.