Today, Huawei has started releasing the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update for 12 Honor devices launched in China. The HM OS beta activity provides the opportunity for selected beta testers to experience the new features ahead of stable rollout.
On June 23, Huawei has opened the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta recruitment for the Honor devices that launched before separation from the parent brand – Huawei. However, these Honor devices are now under the support of Huawei.
After exploring the changelog, we found that it brings a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, task manager, better security, and more to provide a new user experience.
So, users don’t worry we have got the complete information related to this update including adapting device, versions, and full detailed changelog, which is mentioned below.
List of Honor Models receiving first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update:
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 Moschino Edition
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor Tablet V6
HarmonyOS 2.0 beta version details:
- Honor 30: From Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor 30 Pro: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor 30 Pro+: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor V30: From Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor V30 Pro: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor 20: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor 20 Pro: From Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor V20: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor V20 Moschino Edition: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor Play 4 Pro: From Magic UI 3.1 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor Magic 2: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor Tablet V6: From Magic UI 3.1 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
Let’s check the changelog in detail:
Home-screen: Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Control Panel: Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
Service Center: If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
Smart Folder: HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmoynOS Fonts: HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Smart Office: Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
Smart Home: Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless devices, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Seamless Performance: All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
Task manager: Support task status saving infrequently used apps, meaning that even after you’ve switched to another app, you can pick up a previous task right from where you had left off.
MeeTime: Added support for multi-party calls. Now, both Huawei mobile phones and tablets can freely access audio and video calls
App Guard: The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed.
This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
Collaborative Security: Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.
Certifications: The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.
Huawei Mate 50 series gets new features update for camera, 3D avatar and more
Huawei is pushing a new software update for Mate 50 series that brings fresh improvements for the camera, brings new 3D avatar features, and system performance improvement.
Huawei Mate 50 series is the most recent and sole smartphone to launch with the HarmonyOS 3 operating system. And the company now has pushed off the second HarmonyOS 3 optimization update for the Huawei Mate 50 on the count.
The new Huawei Mate 50 series update clearly mentions the enhancements for Senior mode, optimizations for the camera, and shooting effects. Meanwhile, the user experience is better with 3D emojis.
The following below-mentioned features are optimized through the update:
- This update enhances the function of the Senior mode for more convent and safe use of the phone
- The performance of some game scenes and the camera shooting effect are optimized to improve the user experience
- In the account center, you can also create an exclusive 3D avatar for yourself, which can be used as an avatar or the screen-off display.
How senior mode works:
The Senior mode name itself reflects that helpful for older people. However, the font size on the device increases when a user activates the Elderly mode. With the text size increased, someone with poor vision would be able to read the words on the screen.
In short, the application icons and the text font behave similarly in elderly mode, they enlarge and become more streamlined for users’ convenience.
Back to the update, this new HarmonyOS 3 optimization update for the Huawei Mate 50 can be identified through the 126.96.36.199 build (C00E130R5P4). To experience all these enhancements just lift 848 MB of your data to download and install it.
What was Huawei Mate 50 first update bring:
The very first update for the Huawei Mate 50 brings compatibility for the FreeBuds 2. However, the HD spatial audio FreeBuds Pro 2 earphones will eventually be compatible with the Huawei Mate 50.
As a result, Mate 50 consumers will receive a massive assortment of unexpected components and numerous new upgrades to their innovative smart device.
New Huawei P50 Pocket update optimizes background task handling feature
New Huawei HarmonyOS 3 beta version and September 2022 security update both were awaited to-release for the Huawei P50 Pocket users, and Huawei smartly handles the situation by dispatching them together with a single update.
Yes! Huawei recently rollout the fourth beta version of HarmonyOS 3 for the uniquely designed P50 Pocket along with a new feature for better background task handling.
The new HarmonyOS 3 version for the Huawei P50 Pocket doesn’t bring any new features, but it optimizes the background task handling for smartphone smooth working, which can be degraded by excessive storage and junk files.
Huawei Task window clearing function: These features help your handset free from junk and other unusual stuff that bother your handset to run wisely. Through this update, the company optimizes the background task window handling feature to let you explore your smartphone free from junk and more.
- Huawei P50 Pocket (BAL-AL00)
- Huawei P50 Pocket (BAL-AL80)
If your Huawei P50 Pocket runs over the HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 baseline, then you are smartphone is eligible to receive the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 fourth beta build version.
- Optimize the application task window clearing function
- Ingrate September 2022 security patch to enhance system security
September 2022 security patch for Huawei P50 Pocket:
With this two-in-one update for the Huawei P50 Pocket users, a question arises that this recent update with September 2022 patch is released for the HarmonyOS 3 tester. But what about the non beta testers?
Well, those who are not beta testers then they will receive a separate September 2022 security update based on the HarmonyOS 2 version. However, the aim to release the September 2022 security update along with the HarmonyOS 3 beta is just to protect the system of your device from bugs.
Non-beta tester of the Huawei P50 Pocket should wait a while to experience the September 2022 security patch. Just stay tuned with us for the latest info about the upcoming update.
Huawei Nova 5i receives September 2022 optimization update
Huawei is currently working to make HarmonyOS 3 beta compatible, to release its stable version soon for users. Here’s a kindness pop-up for the Huawei Nova 5i users as the company recently released an optimization update for the same.
It’s worthless to mention that Huawei always taking care of all of its models all around the world, no matter how old devices it is. Well, the Huawei Nova 5i smartphone is also one the famous and loveable among users.
But, it seems a little unfair for the Huawei Nova 5i users that they get the optimization update instead of the ongoing September 2022 security patch update. Alongside, there no indication for HarmonyOS 3 for the Huawei Nova 5i so far.
We have to wait a while to see the next step of the company, as there were only 2 batches of devices released to get the HarmonyOS 3 beta update. Huawei Nova 5i users should for the upcoming batches to know whether they receive it or not.
Huawei Nova 5i September 2022 update:
Well back to the title, the latest update for the Huawei Nova 5i make the device more compatible and stable for the users. It also improves the overall functionality of the system.
As per the info, Huawei bringing this new September 2022 optimization update on the surface of the HarmonyOS. The Chinese users can identify this update with the software version 220.127.116.110. However, upgrading the device to a new version has a baseline of 18.104.22.1688.
- Huawei Nova 5i (GLK-AL00)
- Huawei Nova 5i (GLK-TL00)
How to update:
We advise you to continue checking for updates on your phone by going to Settings > tapping on System & updates > choosing Software updates > and then following the on-screen directions to get the most recent software build for your Huawei Nova 5i phone.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter