Today, Huawei has started releasing the first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update for 12 Honor devices launched in China. The HM OS beta activity provides the opportunity for selected beta testers to experience the new features ahead of stable rollout.
On June 23, Huawei has opened the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta recruitment for the Honor devices that launched before separation from the parent brand – Huawei. However, these Honor devices are now under the support of Huawei.
After exploring the changelog, we found that it brings a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, task manager, better security, and more to provide a new user experience.
So, users don’t worry we have got the complete information related to this update including adapting device, versions, and full detailed changelog, which is mentioned below.
List of Honor Models receiving first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update:
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 Moschino Edition
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor Tablet V6
HarmonyOS 2.0 beta version details:
- Honor 30: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor 30 Pro: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor 30 Pro+: From Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor V30: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor V30 Pro: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor 20: From Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor 20 Pro: From Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor V20: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor V20 Moschino Edition: From Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
- Honor Play 4 Pro: From Magic UI 3.1 version 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
- Honor Magic 2: From Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
- Honor Tablet V6: From Magic UI 3.1 version 126.96.36.199 to HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
Let’s check the changelog in detail:
Home-screen: Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Control Panel: Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
Service Center: If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
Smart Folder: HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmoynOS Fonts: HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Smart Office: Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
Smart Home: Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless devices, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Seamless Performance: All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
Task manager: Support task status saving infrequently used apps, meaning that even after you’ve switched to another app, you can pick up a previous task right from where you had left off.
MeeTime: Added support for multi-party calls. Now, both Huawei mobile phones and tablets can freely access audio and video calls
App Guard: The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed.
This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
Collaborative Security: Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.
Certifications: The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.
Huawei Mate Xs receiving May 2022 HarmonyOS update
Huawei has released yet latest update for another smartphone. The Huawei Mate Xs started acquiring the HarmonyOS update, which mainly installs the May 2022 security patch. As HarmonyOS mentioned you can get that the update kicked off in the Chinese market.
The latest software update incorporates security patches and enhances the smartphone system performance. Also, the update will enrich and fill the security gap of your device that leads to provide you with a flawless experience.
However, the May 2022 HarmonyOS update for the Mate Xs smartphone fix 1 CVE in the framework, 5 CVEs in the kernel, 6 CVEs in the system, 1 CVE in the application, and 53 CVEs were fixed in third-party libraries.
Meanwhile, the new firmware version accompanying the update is HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206, which is updated from 220.127.116.11. Notably, the update is compatible with Mate Xs (TAH-ANOOm) model.
It’s worth mentioning to install the update as soon as possible to experience the new and amazing changes in your Mate Xs devices. Below you can check the guide to reach the security update installation.
How to update:
Open the Settings app on your smartphone then find the System and updates section from a Software update, select the Check For Update finally tap on Download and Install option.
Also, you can get the update from the My Huawei App, open the My Huawei App then Select the Update action now click on the Download and Install tab.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is receiving HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1688
A few weeks ago, Huawei launched a new member of the Watch GT family, the Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro, which is now officially on sale in various regions. In addition to this, a new HarmonyOS update for the smartwatch has recently been released which includes several new features.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1248 update
The new Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro update aims to improve security and stability, notably, the update comes with HarmonyOS build number – 126.96.36.1998. Also with this update, all the problems faced by the users have been resolved.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro changelog reveals that the update has enhanced the experience of more scenarios and optimized the system stability. It gives a level of security to your Watch GT 3 Pro.
Meanwhile, the update is currently released in the Chinese market and soon it will expand to other regions Huawei is releasing it gradually. The update bears 7.6.02 MB of installation weight.
The latest HarmonyOS 188.8.131.528 version update for Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is now live for the users, you can install it for better optimization as well as stability to the system security. Below you can check the guide on how to grab this:
How to update:
- Visit on Huawei Health app on your smartphone.
- Search for Connected Devices section
- Choose the ‘Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro’ option
- Tap on update
- Select Download and Install as available updates.
- When done, reboot the watch.
Point to remember:
- The update may take a time to embrace,
- do not be afraid if some application of your portable device does not work properly.
- Frequently pause and then restart your device.
- Also, do not forget to connect the portable device to your phone for a complete process.
Huawei Mate 40 Series HM OS updates [Tracker]
Last October, Huawei launched its annual flagship series, Huawei Mate 40 with advanced hardware and software technology including a powerful Kirin 9000 processor, EMUI 11 operating system, 90Hz screen refresh rate, and more.
The Huawei Mate 40 series comes in four variants:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
Among these models, Huawei Mate 40 standard variant is equipped with Kirin 9000E processor, 50MP triple rear camera, 13MP selfie camera, 4200mAh battery, and more.
On the other hand, last December, Huawei began the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing program for limited devices including Mate 40 series smartphones, ahead of the official unveiling.
On June 2, Huawei has officially presented the HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones among the consumers. Simultaneously, the company started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for 18 devices.
The list of 18 devices also contains the models from Huawei Mate 40 lineup. Since then, these smartphones continuously receiving new features and improvements via OTA upgrades.
Under the public beta testing program, Huawei will send several HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei Mate 40 series beta update rollouts in China.
HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing is currently limited to Chinese users and may not be available for global users at the moment.
ROLLOUT TIMELINE FOR HUAWEI MATE 40 SERIES:
April 23, 2022:
- Huawei April 2022 software update reached to flagship – Huawei Mate 40 smartphone powered by HarmonyOS 2.0. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40E is receiving March 2022 security update. Read more
March 22, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 series is getting HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 [CN]. Read more
March 04, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11SP12 beta changelog. Read more
March 01, 2022:
- February 2022 HM OS update rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E getting February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Series getting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E smartphone began collecting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
December 1, 2021:
- December 2021 update released for Huawei Mate 40 series(CN) read more.
- Huawei Mate 40E install December 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40E grabs November 2021 security update read more.
November 8, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G gets 18.104.22.168 update with November patch and features read more.
November 5, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 is receiving November 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
October 17, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 for Huawei Mate 40 series rolling out read more.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 models getting HarmonyOS multi-window bug fix update read more.
August 18, 2021:
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 read more.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series will get new HarmonyOS version optimizations with improvements read more.
August 7, 2021:
- Celia optimizations rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series (HarmonyOS 2) read more.
July 28, 2021:
- Battery improvement patch released for Huawei Mate 40 series HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 23, 2021:
- All Huawei Mate 40 series (CN) users can now upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 12, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 system patch
Huawei has begun to roll out a new HarmonyOS 2.0 software patch for Huawei Mate 40 series smartphones that brings important optimization for Celia AI voice assistant.
July 5, 2021:
- Third HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40 series -HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199
June 22, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40E – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
This update brings optimizations for WiFi connectivity, new fixes for the Contact app, lock screen wallpaper issue, and system improvements for a better user experience.
June 19, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206
This update brings optimizations for sound, display, internet stability, contact app, system, and more to enhance the overall system performance.
June 3, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
The first HarmonyOS update for Mate 40 devices installs features consisting of a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a next-level user experience.