In the first batch of HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing, there were 18 Huawei devices including Mate 40, P40, Mate 30, MatePad Pro series, and Mate X2 folding phone. Early this month, these devices already explored the new features of HM OS via installing the first public beta update.
Now, Huawei is moving forward in the public beta journey and began rolling out the second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta software update for eligible devices. In this line, the Huawei smartphones from Mate 40, P40, Mate 30 series, and Mate X2 already grabbed this latest update recently.
According to the info, the company has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2 beta firmware update for Huawei MatePad Pro series devices. It brings new features, improvements, and fixes a bug to optimize the system software performance.
According to users’ responses, this update has improved the overall M-Pen experience, which is now better than the last firmware of the HarmonyOS beta.
Models getting HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update:
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-AL09
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-AL19
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W09
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W19
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W29
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W39
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G MRX-AN19
HarmonyOS 2.0 new version details:
Huawei MatePad Pro and MatePad Pro 4G smartphones getting the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124.
The new changlog contains new features including the bottom application bar, enable the stylus writing experience at any time, added support for multi-screen collaboration between a tablet with HM OS and a PC with Windows operating system, optimization for sound, WiFI, and much more.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Check the full HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta changelog below.
New HarmonyOS 2 changelog:
System: Add the bottom application bar, store resident and recently opened applications at a glance, enable the stylus writing experience at any time, and support the global handwriting function. Also, the handwriting in the input box can be converted into text, which is more convenient for selecting, delete, and splitting text.
Multi-screen collaboration: Added support for multi-screen collaboration between a tablet with HarmonyOS operating system and a PC with Windows operating system, dual systems run independently. However, the pictures and files can be easily transferred by dragging and dropping, just like files it is very convenient between folders.
Sound effects: Optimizes the sound experience of some game scenes.
WiFi: Fix the problem that the WiFi signal bridge is automatically closed in some scenes.
Things to know before update:
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.
September 2021 update rolling out for these 7 Huawei devices
We’re now in October and Huawei is preparing to unveil a number of new smart products this month. However, the software rollout continues as usual. In the latest episode, the Chinese tech maker is seeding the September 2021 security update for 7 Huawei devices that are running its latest operating system.
According to the information, Huawei is rolling out September 2021 security update for 7 Huawei devices including – Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Maimang 8, Enjoy 9S, Enjoy Z 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, and Maimang 9 5G, and the Huawei P40 5G.
To be mentioned, these 8 devices run HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Some of the models are still under beta testing and a few of them just participated in the closed testing environment.
Let’s check the rollout details and changelog below.
September 2021 Update Eligible Models:
- Enjoy 20 Plus 5G – (FRL-AN00a/TN00)
- Maimang 8 – (POT-AL00)
- Enjoy 9S – (POT-Tl00a)
- Enjoy Z 5G – (DVC-AN00)
- Enjoy 20 Pro 5G – (DVC-AN20/TN20)
- Maimang 9 5G – (TNN-AN00)
- P40 5G – (ANA-AN00/TN00)
Time dive into Changes:
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, Enjoy Z 5G, and Maimang 9 5G receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199. This software build brings a new size adjustment feature for home screen icons and users can access it via Settings, Home screen and wallpaper, Home screen settings, and then open icon size option to access.
This update also brings a new security patch released in the month of September 2021 for an improved system and ensures that your phone runs safe and secure.
On the other hand, Huawei Maimang 8 and Enjoy 9S getting new software with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52. This update brings important improvements for the system stability to improve the overall user experience and performance.
Among these, Huawei is also sending a new software version – 184.108.40.206 for the HarmonyOS powered P40 5G devices. The rollout is conducted under the beta mode and brings a number of new features. The changelog shows to include a new task center feature, a cross-device task management function.
In the task center (swipe from the bottom of the screen for a short pause to enter), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WiFi network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center).
This update also adds a new Celia Keyboard app, as well as optimizes the touch as well volume adjustment feature in the accessibility section. Furthermore, this update optimizes the system stability for power consumption in some situations, which could save an extra amount of battery for the device users.
Honor 30 and V30 series getting .168 update with new HarmonyOS features
HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11 rolling out for Honor 30 and Honor V30 series phones upgrading from 18.104.22.168. This firmware has new features and a number of better software improvements for various aspects of the software system.
According to the changelog, the latest .168 update for Honor 30 Pro, 30 Pro+, Honor V30, and V30 Pro smartphones comes with a new multi-camera mode that allows you to shoot photographs from different devices using various perspectives.
The update also improves the camera by fixes a certain watermark issue, there are fixes for control panel icons’ abnormal appearance. Furthermore, the .168 update package brings September 2021 security patches for the Honor 30 and V30 series devices.
HarmonyOS 2.0 version .168 eligible devices:
- Honor V30 (OXF-AN00)
- Honor V30 Pro (OXF-AN10)
- Honor 30 Pro (EBG-AN00)
- Honor 30 Pro (EBG-TN00)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (EBG-AN10)
HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 changelog:
- Camera: Added multi-camera mode. During shooting, you can choose a HarmonyOS 2 mobile phone or tablet (with multi-camera mode required) in the same WLAN network as the lens to take wonderful pictures from multiple angles and realize remote control.
- Camera: Fix the problem that the camera watermark cannot be automatically rotated in some situations.
- Display: Fix the problem that some icons in the control panel are not displayed
- Security: Integrates the September 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system.
How to update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, tap on the update, then select Check for updates, and then download and install.
However, there are a few things that you need to know before you proceed towards the update procedure. First, it’s recommended that you need to keep sufficient storage, keep an optimum battery level. Please wait while the update installs.
Home screen icon size customization feature rolling out for Huawei P40 (CN)
Huawei P40 series stands as one of the first devices that participated in the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta activity since December last year. These phones have received consecutive beta upgrades before HarmonyOS 2.0 stable update. On the other hand, their global siblings are still running EMUI 11 and awaiting their term to upgrade with the next major software rollout.
As for now, the Huawei P40 series getting a new software update in China. This Huawei 40 series update comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199 and is currently initiated for the Huawei P40 5G model. Later on, it’ll expand to other P40 series devices.
Huawei P40 Icon Customization Update:
As per the changelog, the latest Huawei P40 series update installs a new Home Screen icon size customization feature. This feature will allow you to customize the size of the icons of the screen according to your preference from various aspects.
The latest Huawei P40 home screen icon size customization option could be found in Settings > Home Screen and Wallpaper > Home Screen settings > Icon Size. This update also adds a new mail app designed for the HarmonyOS service widgets feature.
Multi-window bug fixes:
Previously, Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus arranged a new software that fixed multi-window mode, there were some problems with no sound. The update also improves system security.
How to update:
The latest Huawei P40 series can be checked via Settings >> System & updates >> Update >> Check for updates >> Download and install. However, you must note that the Huawei P40 series device must not be rooted, it has sufficient battery and do not force shut down your phone while the update installs.
Huawei P40 series:
Launched in 2020, the Huawei P40 series comes in three models – P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus. The Pro and Pro Plus models have the world’s first quad curved edge display and are powered by Kirin 990 5G chipset. These phones have an excellent camera system that goes up to Penta camera setup.