In the first batch of HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing, there were 18 Huawei devices including Mate 40, P40, Mate 30, MatePad Pro series, and Mate X2 folding phone. Early this month, these devices already explored the new features of HM OS via installing the first public beta update.
Now, Huawei is moving forward in the public beta journey and began rolling out the second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta software update for eligible devices. In this line, the Huawei smartphones from Mate 40, P40, Mate 30 series, and Mate X2 already grabbed this latest update recently.
According to the info, the company has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2 beta firmware update for Huawei MatePad Pro series devices. It brings new features, improvements, and fixes a bug to optimize the system software performance.
According to users’ responses, this update has improved the overall M-Pen experience, which is now better than the last firmware of the HarmonyOS beta.
Models getting HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update:
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-AL09
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-AL19
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W09
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W19
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W29
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W39
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G MRX-AN19
HarmonyOS 2.0 new version details:
Huawei MatePad Pro and MatePad Pro 4G smartphones getting the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta version 188.8.131.52 upgraded from 184.108.40.206.
The new changlog contains new features including the bottom application bar, enable the stylus writing experience at any time, added support for multi-screen collaboration between a tablet with HM OS and a PC with Windows operating system, optimization for sound, WiFI, and much more.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Check the full HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta changelog below.
New HarmonyOS 2 changelog:
System: Add the bottom application bar, store resident and recently opened applications at a glance, enable the stylus writing experience at any time, and support the global handwriting function. Also, the handwriting in the input box can be converted into text, which is more convenient for selecting, delete, and splitting text.
Multi-screen collaboration: Added support for multi-screen collaboration between a tablet with HarmonyOS operating system and a PC with Windows operating system, dual systems run independently. However, the pictures and files can be easily transferred by dragging and dropping, just like files it is very convenient between folders.
Sound effects: Optimizes the sound experience of some game scenes.
WiFi: Fix the problem that the WiFi signal bridge is automatically closed in some scenes.
Things to know before update:
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.
Huawei Maimang 9 and Enjoy Z all users upgrading to HarmonyOS 2
Huawei Maimang 9 and Enjoy Z all smartphone users start upgrading over Huawei’s own HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system in China. After installation, these device users can experience the new features offered by HarmonyOS 2.
On July 21, Huawei announced the third phase of stable HarmonyOS 2 rollout for a batch of 27 devices including Maimang 9 and Enjoy Z 5G. At that time, the rollout is early stage so it is taking to reach all eligible devices.
Now, all the Maimang 9 and Enjoy Z smartphone owners running HarmonyOS 2.0 beta or EMUI 10.1 version can directly install the HarmonyOS 2.0 on their respective devices.
HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system comes with quite impressive features such as Super Device, which allows users to control multiple devices with one. App Guard prevents risky apps from being installed and helps to secure the running environment of the entire operating system and more.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable HarmonyOS 2.0 version:
- Huawei Enjoy Z smartphone users currently working with EMUI 11 version 10.1.1.214/217 can upgrade over HarmnyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11.
- Huawei Maimang 9 smartphone users currently working with EMUI 11 version 10.1.1.210 can upgrade over HarmnyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168.
HarmonyOS 2.0 full changelog:
Home-screen: Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Control Panel: Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
Service Center: If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
Smart Folder: HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmoynOS Fonts: HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Smart Home: Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless devices, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Smart Office: Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
Seamless Performance: All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
Task manager: Support task status saving infrequently used apps, meaning that even after you’ve switched to another app, you can pick up a previous task right from where you had left off.
App Guard: The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed. This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
Certifications: The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
Collaborative Security: Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.
New Super Device feature sent for Huawei Nova 8 SE and Nova 7 SE [HM OS 2]
Following the stable release, Huawei has now begun sending a new HarmonyOS 2.0 update for all users of Huawei Nova 8 SE and Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition. To be mentioned, these smartphone users that are still running on EMUI 11 can also install this update.
According to the information, this HarmonyOS 2.0 latest update is rolling out released via OTA. It brings Super Device features that added support for FreeBuds 4 and Control Center to control multiple devices.
To be mentioned, last month, Huawei has released the stable version of the HarmonyOS 2.0 system for smartphones belong to Nova 6, 7, and 8 series. The new OS offers brand-new features for user convenience and an interesting user interface.
Huawei Nova SE users are ready to know, what are new changes and features rolling with the latest update. So, don’t worry we have collected all the information for you, which is mentioned below.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HarmonyOS 2.0 software update details:
Huawei has pushed the latest update for Nova 8 SE and Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124 upgraded from 126.96.36.199. On the other hand, these smartphone users working with EMUI 11 version 10.1.1.153 can also upgrade their devices to HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52.
- Super Device: The control center has added a number of device control options that allow you to control multiple devices. Also, it brings support for FreeBuds 4, high and low the smartphone sounds seamlessly flow to the headset.
- This update will not erase your data.
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Maintain enough storage and battery in your device.
HarmonyOS 2.0 features:
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 features are mainly designed to make user’s life easier in every aspect from the user interface to control multiple devices from one. The features include a new Home Screen, Service Widgets, Smart Folder, App Guard, and more.
For more understanding, check the lined video:
Huawei Nova 8 Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta update tracker
Last year, Huawei unveiled the latest members of the Nova-series, Nova 8. This smartphone lineup comes with EMUI 11 software system, based on Android OS and powered by a Kirin processor, advanced camera technology, long-lasting battery, and other capabilities.
Among them, the Nova 8 SE pre-equips EMUI 10.1 software system and has a MediaTek Dimensity processor.
The Nova 8 series consisted of three models:
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 SE
On June 2, Huawei unveiled its self-developed distributed operating system – HarmonyOS 2. At the moment, every Huawei smartphone user wants to hop on the HarmonyOS wagon.
At the HarmonyOS launch conference, Huawei released an official HarmonyOS 2.0 upgrade rollout plan for its 100 devices that will be covered throughout 2021-22. Under this roadmap, the Chinese tech giant also included Nova 8 models.
During the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta journey, Huawei will release a number of beta software updates that aims to install new improvements and provide bug fixes in order to prepare a final rollout to build for general consumers.
In this article, you’ll get to know all of the insights related to the new OS beta progress for Huawei Nova 8 devices.
Note: The beta testing is currently limited to Chinese users and may not be available for global users at the moment.
Rollout timeline for Huawei Nova 8 series:
July 8, 2021:
- Huawei announced the stable HarmonyOS 2.0 for Huawei Nova 8 in the second phase. Check more details here.
July 05, 2021:
- New HarmonyOS 2.0 beta rolling out for Huawei Nova 8 and Nova 8 Pro – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206
This update s new improvements for system features and optimizations for Bluetooth device sound in some game scenarios and much more to improve the user experience.
July 01, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Nova 8 SE- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11
HarmonyOS 2.0 first beta software update of Nova 8 SE comes with a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, advanced security features, security certification, and more.
June 29, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168
The first public beta update of Nova 8, Nova 8 Pro offers new user convenient features for users. The feature imcludes a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, and more.
June 6, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
HarmonyOS 2.0 first beta software update brings a fresh operating system over EMUI 11 for Huawei Nova 8, Nova 8 Pro, and Nova 8 SE. It contains new user convenient features including a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, advanced security features, security certification, and more.