Top seven old Huawei smartphones including – P20 series, Mate 10, and Mate RS Porsche Design are receiving new HarmonyOS packed updates. This new software package comes with HarmonyOS version 18.104.22.168 and an upgrade package size of 296MB.
According to the information, Huawei P20, Mate 10, Nova 4, and Mate RS devices are now receiving new updates consisting of fixes for display appearance issues while receiving an incoming call. The latest software rollout also brings a fix for a Bluetooth connection issue that doesn’t work in some situations.
These 5 old Huawei smartphones are also receiving HarmonyOS optimizations for the unlock animation as well as the screen effect in some gaming-related user interfaces. To be mentioned this software comes in two packages. Aside from the first package, the second package consists of system optimizations that improve system stability.
All of these smartphones are under HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing and preparing to move towards a stable rollout. The latest software rollout is an incremental update and adds a layer of improvements and optimizations over the existing HarmonyOS UI.
HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update changelog:
- Fix the problem of the screen delay in the incoming call scene.
- Fix the problem that the Bluetooth connection device is abnormal in some scenes
- Optimize unlock animation
- Optimize the display effect of some game interfaces
- The update optimizes the stability of the system in some situations.
Huawei Models for this update:
- P20 – EML-AL00/TL00
- P20 Pro – CLT-AL00/AL01/AL00l/TL00/TL01
- Mate RS Porsche Design
- Mate 10 ALP-AL00/ALP-TL00
- Mate 10 Porsche Design BLA-AL00
- Mate 10 Pro BLA-AL00/TL00
- Nova 4 VCE-AL00/VCE-TL00
Points to keep in mind:
- This update will not delete your data, but it is recommended that you make a data backup before the update.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the third-party apps may not work normally after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps to the latest version in the Huawei App Market.
- After the upgrade is completed, the phone may experience heat, freeze, or slow charging. This is caused by some self-optimization and adaptation actions performed by the system after the upgrade. Please rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time.
- It is recommended that you charge for 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, there may be vacancies in your desktop layout, please adjust it manually.
- This update needs to reserve 10GB of data space. The installation package will be automatically deleted after the update and does not occupy storage space.
Huawei P50 receiving new selfie and rear camera improvements
Huawei P50 is known for its monstrous camera system that includes two large camera rings consisting of different lenses with various new capabilities. The camera system is largely enhanced with features and provides you with high-quality images with large pixel counts. Therefore, the Huawei P50 camera continues to get new improvements with the latest updates.
In the latest edition, Huawei has started to push a new software update for the Huawei P50 that brings important optimizations for the rear and front camera systems. This new update comes with HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 and has an updated package size of 676MB.
According to the changelog, this new Huawei P50 camera update optimize
- Optimize the photo effects in scenes such as AI Master Photographer.
- Optimize the video shooting experience in some situations.
- Optimize system stability and the fluency of some scene operations.
- Optimize the vibration effect in some situations.
Last week, the Huawei P50 began receiving a new software update HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 upgrading from 184.108.40.206. This update brought two update packages including the following:
Update Package 1:
- Camera: Optimized AI photography photographic effect under masters such as the video shooting experience in some situations
- System: Optimize system stability, operational fluency, and vibration effect in some situations
Update Package 2:
- This update optimizes the audio effects of some situations.
Huawei P50 is designed with a 6.5-inch OLED display producing 2700 x 1224p resolution. Furthermore, it offers 1.07 billion colors, a 90Hz refresh rate, a 1440Hz high frame rate, and a 300Hz touch sampling rate.
Moving to the hardware, the system is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 888 processor shipped with the HarmonyOS 2.1. In addition, the smartphone features a 4100mAH battery that supports 66W SuperCharge. However, its main highlight is the camera design and proficiency. It 13MP selfie camera alongside a rear triple camera system that includes
- 50MP True Chroma Camera (Color, f/1.8 aperture)
- 13MP ultra-wide camera (f/2.2 aperture)
- 12MP telephoto (f/3.4 aperture, OIS) with AF support
(via – ithome)
HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 update rolling out for these three flagship phones
Three flagship Huawei smartphones have started to install the latest HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update that contains a big changelog. Together with a huge update size, the update has brought a long list of new features and optimization that also can be found for many other devices of the company.
According to the info, Huawei Mate X2, Mate 40, and Huawei Mate 30 series are receiving a new HarmonyOS update with an installation size of about 1GB. The update log is the same for all three devices and granting them new features and optimizations.
In particular, the users will be getting a new discovery tab in the service center alongside the cross-device task management function for the task center. Moving ahead, the service widgets receiving a portrait clustering universal card in the devices’ gallery.
Meanwhile, there are new system optimizations to maintain the performance in the flagships. In addition, users can also find an added quick download icon for the Celia keyboard application besides a more enhanced smart voice recognition function.
Let’s explore more information about the update stating the adapting models-
- Huawei Mate X2 4G
- Huawei Mate X2 5G
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
HarmonyOS version Upgrade:
- The Huawei Mate X2 and Mate 30 smartphone users are upgrading on HarmonyOs 22.214.171.124 update version from the 126.96.36.199 version.
- The Huawei Mate 40 smartphones are shifting on HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update version from the 2.0.0168 except for Mate 40 Pro +, and Mate RS Porche Design.
- The Huawei Mate 40 Pro +, and Mate RS Porche Design users are receiving a greater HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 version
In the service center (swipe up from the edge of the left or bottom right corner of the screen to enter), add a scenario-based service combination on the “Discovery” tab, and add it to the desktop to automatically adapt to the universal card and one-click access to similar services
Added cross-device task management function, in the task center (swipe from the bottom of the screen to enter the short pause), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WLAN network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center), and transfer tasks to each other Added.
for other management operations (universal cards for portrait clustering) (up-slide gallery application icon, can be added to the desktop), you can rotate the photos of the selected person, click on the avatar to change the person, click on the photo to jump to The clustering album of this character see more.
Added a quick download icon for Celia keyboard application (click to download and use), Celia keyboard can bring you a simple and safe input experience.
Optimize the smart voice function, wake up more sensitively Optimize
Caring for the elders, optimize basic experience such as touch, volume, etc., add desktop icon magnification function to optimize system power consumption in some situations.
This is really a big update, so the device must have at least a 50% battery backup with enough storage availability. Furthermore, a strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package. The installation process may take some time, until then wait patiently. To download this update, follow the below mention procedure.
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device
Huawei P40 Series October 2021 update adds battery improvements and more [HarmonyOS]
Huawei has started to rollout October 2021 update for P40 series devices. This update brings a bunch of new features including cross-device task center for the Huawei P40 consumers running the HarmonyOS operating system in China.
The Huawei P40 series October 2021 update package comes with the HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 and you must have to download an OTA package of over 1GB. Thereafter you can enjoy the latest features of this software upgrade.
This latest software version comes with new improvements for the service center, adds cross-device task manager, Celia keyboard, as well as improvement for the system stability to provide a seamless user experience across all of the devices.
Please note that this update is rolling out in batches and will be received gradually by the Huawei P40 series owners in China. On the other hand, the global P40 models are still running EMUI 11.
Huawei P40 series adapted models:
- P40 4G – ANA-AL00
- P40 5G – ANA-AN00
- P40 5G – ANA-TN00
- P40 Pro 5G – ELS-AN00
- P40 Pro 5G – ELS-TN00
- P40 Pro+ 5G – ELS-AN10
Huawei P40 HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update changelog:
In the service center (swipe up from the edge of the left or bottom right corner of the screen to enter), a scene-based service combination is added on the “Discovery” tab. When added to the desktop, it can automatically adapt to a Service Widget and get similar services with one click.
Added cross-device task center feature. In the task center (you can enter from the bottom of the screen by swiping for a short pause), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WLAN network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center), and transfer tasks to each other, etc. Management operations.
Added a Service widget for portrait clustering (up-slide gallery application icon, can be added to the desktop), you can rotate the photos of the selected person, click on the avatar to change the person, click on the photo to jump to the clustering album of the person.
Added a quick download icon for Celia Keyboard application (click to download and use), Celia smart keyboard can bring you a simple and safe input experience
Optimize AI voice feature, wake up more sensitively
Care for the elders, optimize basic experiences such as touch and volume, and add desktop icon magnification function. Optimize system power consumption in some scenarios.