Huawei has released a new beta software update under the HarmonyOS developer beta activity. This new software update for the tester brings a number of new changes in the display, camera, system performance, and more.
According to information, this is the second update that has been pushed for the developer beta testers and comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11 (DEVC00E100R3P3) and a software package size 893 MB. Since all of the registered beta devices have the same channel, the version and package size likely to remain the same.
So what actually the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 Developer beta 3 brings?
Well, let’s have a look at the changelog –
- The camera newly supports the service card function
- Optimize service card function
- Optimize the experience of using the control center
- Fix the problem of abnormal display of desktop icons in some scenes
HarmonyOS beta testing status:
- Optimize the system stability of some scenes
HarmonyOS Developer Beta:
On December 16, Huawei began internal developer beta testing for HarmonyOS 2.0 on smart devices. The Chinese tech giant initially, began to register flagship models that come from Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro series.
Following the enrollment, these testers received the first developer beta that comes with filled other Huawei users with excitement and came with a size of 4.04 GB.
In early March, the company fasten the process of adding more capabilities to the HarmonyOS and brought a number of new changes, which are:
- Added 622 HarmonyOS APIs
- Added Huawei sharing and face-to-face sharing of HarmonyOS FA privacy
- Added MeeTime Sharing HarmonyOS FA
- Added support for WebView capabilities, support for basic functions such as page loading, page navigation, and page information acquisition.
In the third round beta, Huawei increased the number of additions including:
- Added more than 1,000 HarmonyOS APIs
- Added FA free installation feature, FA services that support free installation properties can be used without installation
- Added the feature of integrated and distributed circulation, which can transfer the content on mobile phones and tablets to large screens, watches, and other terminal devices through distributed capabilities
- Added efficient memory management mechanism
- New animation platform development curve
- Add JAVA control to adjust font/weight interface
- Added support for connection management of watch, tablet, and other device types based on the proxy Internet access of other devices
- Added distributed networking API
- Newly added drive failure diagnosis and recovery mechanism
With the recent recruitment of HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta program, Huawei has further improved the developer environment with new changes;
16000+ APIs (support the development of smartphones/tablets, large screen, smart wearable, car, and device applications)
- Distributed application framework
- Distributed UI controls
- Service card
- DevEco Studio 2.1 Beta 4
You can also check the video below for more information about the features of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta.