After the HarmonyOS 2 release, Huawei has finally started to send the HarmonyOS DevEco Studio 2.1 version on June 2nd. This new version comes with cross-device project templates, atomic service development, and more.
To be mentioned, Huawei had already tested several beta versions for the DevEco Studio, which added a full house of services with new aptitudes.
It always brings new possibilities for IDE developers ( integrated development environment) encourages them to create something more innovative.
Let’s take a look, what change has been added with this new version-
New cross-device engineering template:
The new version of DevEco Studio comes with new 11 cross-device project templates founded on the original single-device project template. The developer can select the template and device type in sequence for a particular project.
Now, it has become easier to create cross-device projects for the developers, and automatically produce example codes and related supplies.
Support for atomization service development:
DevEco Studio 2.1 version added the support for atomic service developments to explore its scope in the coming days. Now the process became easier to quickly complete the atomic service project.
The developer only has to select the desired project template, perform the coding development process, after that, the code compilation, and at last the debugging test.
The project creation menu has several major changes in the latest version that are described below-
- In the late version, developers have to select the project template first, and then select the supported device type
- A new “Service” option has been installed in the project type, used in creating an atomic service project
- The “Show in Service Center” button will help in finding the service center of the device during creating the atomic project
Support for router devices:
After the installation of the DevEco Studio 2.1 version, developers can JS language to quickly develop applications that can run on router devices. The new release has a router single device project template to provide support for routers.
As of now, the DevEco Studio provides supports for eight kinds of different mechanisms. It includes smartphones, tablets, automotive machines, smart screens, smart wearables, lightweight smart accessories, smart vision, and routers.
Support Sample Project Import:
The HarmonyOS sample application is used by the IDE developers for a fast understanding of or application areas of various APIs. It makes easier to create designs and build the application quickly.
The new version of this development tool supports sample project import that allows developers to automatically import the Sample project into DevEco Studio. Developer can access sample projects codes via the “Import HarmonyOS Sample” button can
A new distributed simulator:
The DevEco Studio 2.1 has been com with a new distributed simulator with more enhanced functions. It’s one of the important remote emulators, which demand login permission in the iteration of each hour.
If the session has been expired, it inevitably asks for the re-request/login for the session. This distributed simulator helps the developers to test the distributed functions of an application.
Keep in mind that this new distributed simulator is currently under an experimental phase. So, the developers are required to check the “Enable Super device” button on the “Settings-DevEco Labs” page. In case of encountering bugs or problems, wait for the next version.
Meanwhile, this new release has been fixed the issues that occurred in the previous version, also enhanced the existing features.
Enhanced features and Fixed Issues:
- Optimize the download of HarmonyOS SDK: When DevEco Studio is installed for the first time, Java SDK, JS SDK, Toolchains, Previewer will be downloaded by default
- Enhanced application signature capabilities: support for commissioning application automation signatures, and support for storing application signature information through configuration files
- Java editor capability enhancement: through the integration of HuaweiCloud SmartAssist to provide smarter code completion capabilities
- Previewer capability enhancement: support XML file preview under qualifier directory, previewer image transmission, real-time preview performance optimization
- Service Widget enhancement: support card development for Wearable devices, and add multiple card templates
- Compilation and construction Performance: improve the compilation and construction speed of Hap/App
- Display Optimisations: improved HiLog log output results, and support filtering
- Har supports: C++ shared library construction and use
- Shape and vector in the graphic directory can be automatically associated
- Entry and feature modules can reference har resources at multiple levels
- Webview component could be displayed on the simulator
- Phone device does have a C/C++ project template
- Previewer can be switch between horizontal and vertical screens
- Previewer will support multiple languages
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 receiving HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update
Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52 update in China. However, the company has already served December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 last month.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 changelog discloses that this update brings optimization for touch screen operations on your device. After the installation of the latest version, the overall touch screen experience will be enhanced.
Models getting update are:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 (WGR-AN1)
To be mentioned, Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 users need the base HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 to upgrade over the latest HM OS 18.104.22.168 version. More information about the update instruction and notest is linked below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 Last update detail:
In December 2021, Huawei released HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software version that brought support for first-generation Huawei M-Pencil with global annotations and one-click extract. Also, it improved the multi-screen collaboration with the mobile phone. Furthermore, it installed the HarmonyOS security patch released in December 2021 for improved system security of the tablet.
Huawei MatePad Pro users can check and download the update manually by visiting the phone’s Settings, then tap on system & updates, open software updates, and from here select CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update appears on your device, tap on the download and install option. Keep patience, while the update package is downloading.
On the other hand, users can also request the update through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, go to update, and follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade over the latest HM OS version.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 specs:
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 launched with a 5nm Kirin 9000 series chip and expands Height 184.7 mm x Width 286.5 mm x Thickness 6.7 mm. This tablet was packed with a HarmonyOS system, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB internal storage, 10050mAh battery, and more.
December 2021 HarmonyOS update released for Huawei Enjoy 10
Huawei has dispatched a new HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. As it fixes different levels of exploits and issues as well as protects the device against threats.
According to the information, Huawei Enjoy 10 December 2021 update arrives with upgraded HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199 from base version 188.8.131.52 in China. However, alongside security improvements, this update doesn’t bring any other changes made to the system.
The December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch fixes 1 CVE in framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, and 3 CVEs in applications. In addition to this, it also resolves 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries for better system security.
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00x)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00m)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-TL00x)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Speaking about the Huawei Enjoy 1o software system, this smartphone was initially debuted with EMUI 9.1 operating system based on Android 9. Following the launch, the company has not delivered any major software update ahead of HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout.
The clear shows that the HarmonyOS software system has capabilities to support old device systems, which is really impressive. Currently, HarmonyOS is limited to the Chinese market and soon launch for global consumers.
How to check for update:
Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone users can check the update through phone settings or the My Huawei app. Both of these methods are mentioned below.
To update through Settings, go to Settings, tap on system & updates, tap on software updates, then check for updates. Wait for seconds, while the device is connecting to the server and checking for updates. Once an update appeared, tap on the download option and install it.
Alternatively, you can open the My Huawei app, go to update sections, tap on check for update and follow on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Huawei users, we recommend you take a backup of your important data before updating to prevent from data. However, the update doesn’t erase your data but it’s good to take backup. Also, maintain enough storage and battery on your smartphone.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and followed by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 that looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 10, 2022:
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 220.127.116.11 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 126.96.36.199 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more