After the HarmonyOS 2 release, Huawei has finally started to send the HarmonyOS DevEco Studio 2.1 version on June 2nd. This new version comes with cross-device project templates, atomic service development, and more.
To be mentioned, Huawei had already tested several beta versions for the DevEco Studio, which added a full house of services with new aptitudes.
It always brings new possibilities for IDE developers ( integrated development environment) encourages them to create something more innovative.
Let’s take a look, what change has been added with this new version-
New cross-device engineering template:
The new version of DevEco Studio comes with new 11 cross-device project templates founded on the original single-device project template. The developer can select the template and device type in sequence for a particular project.
Now, it has become easier to create cross-device projects for the developers, and automatically produce example codes and related supplies.
Support for atomization service development:
DevEco Studio 2.1 version added the support for atomic service developments to explore its scope in the coming days. Now the process became easier to quickly complete the atomic service project.
The developer only has to select the desired project template, perform the coding development process, after that, the code compilation, and at last the debugging test.
The project creation menu has several major changes in the latest version that are described below-
- In the late version, developers have to select the project template first, and then select the supported device type
- A new “Service” option has been installed in the project type, used in creating an atomic service project
- The “Show in Service Center” button will help in finding the service center of the device during creating the atomic project
Support for router devices:
After the installation of the DevEco Studio 2.1 version, developers can JS language to quickly develop applications that can run on router devices. The new release has a router single device project template to provide support for routers.
As of now, the DevEco Studio provides supports for eight kinds of different mechanisms. It includes smartphones, tablets, automotive machines, smart screens, smart wearables, lightweight smart accessories, smart vision, and routers.
Support Sample Project Import:
The HarmonyOS sample application is used by the IDE developers for a fast understanding of or application areas of various APIs. It makes easier to create designs and build the application quickly.
The new version of this development tool supports sample project import that allows developers to automatically import the Sample project into DevEco Studio. Developer can access sample projects codes via the “Import HarmonyOS Sample” button can
A new distributed simulator:
The DevEco Studio 2.1 has been com with a new distributed simulator with more enhanced functions. It’s one of the important remote emulators, which demand login permission in the iteration of each hour.
If the session has been expired, it inevitably asks for the re-request/login for the session. This distributed simulator helps the developers to test the distributed functions of an application.
Keep in mind that this new distributed simulator is currently under an experimental phase. So, the developers are required to check the “Enable Super device” button on the “Settings-DevEco Labs” page. In case of encountering bugs or problems, wait for the next version.
Meanwhile, this new release has been fixed the issues that occurred in the previous version, also enhanced the existing features.
Enhanced features and Fixed Issues:
- Optimize the download of HarmonyOS SDK: When DevEco Studio is installed for the first time, Java SDK, JS SDK, Toolchains, Previewer will be downloaded by default
- Enhanced application signature capabilities: support for commissioning application automation signatures, and support for storing application signature information through configuration files
- Java editor capability enhancement: through the integration of HuaweiCloud SmartAssist to provide smarter code completion capabilities
- Previewer capability enhancement: support XML file preview under qualifier directory, previewer image transmission, real-time preview performance optimization
- Service Widget enhancement: support card development for Wearable devices, and add multiple card templates
- Compilation and construction Performance: improve the compilation and construction speed of Hap/App
- Display Optimisations: improved HiLog log output results, and support filtering
- Har supports: C++ shared library construction and use
- Shape and vector in the graphic directory can be automatically associated
- Entry and feature modules can reference har resources at multiple levels
- Webview component could be displayed on the simulator
- Phone device does have a C/C++ project template
- Previewer can be switch between horizontal and vertical screens
- Previewer will support multiple languages
Huawei Mate X2 gets HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update with June 2022 security patch
Huawei Mate X2 is one of the unique foldable gadgets in the smartphone market to date. Earlier this month, Huawei rolled out the May 2022 security patch for the corresponding device users, and now Mate X2 is all set to grab June 2022 update.
The new HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update brings the latest June 2022 security patch for Huawei Mate X2 smartphone users. Thus, the respective smartphone users will experience a more enhanced and stable system after installing the new update.
Talking about the updated security patch, it offers fixes to a bunch of exploits and privacy threats in the system. Moreover, it mends 15 high and 4 medium levels of vulnerabilities of the internal framework. Hence, users must download the update as soon as it arrives on the phone.
However, before you upgrade, you must note the following points for a successful installation:
- The device must have a better battery backup to install this update which is a minimum of 50%.
- It’s compulsory to check your storage availability to download the latest update as per the size required.
- A strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package.
Apart from the new security patch, the changelog doesn’t read any specific changes to the device. Yet, it assures to optimize the performance level of the device. Further, it also serves as a stability provider so that the smartphone function efficiently.
- Latest Version: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Security: Incorporates the June 2022 security patch that enhances the mobile system stability
NOTE: Only those users running their devices on the base version 188.8.131.52 can install the update.
Compatible Models for the Update
The following models with version number C00 are compatible with the update:
- Mate X2 4GTET-AL00
- Mate X2 Full Netcom TET-AN00
- Mate X2 Full Netcom TET-AN10
- Mate X2 Collector’s Edition TET-AN50
For installing the update, visit Settings > System & Updates > Software Updates > Check for Updates > Download & Install.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HarmonyOS 3.0 shuffles status bar icons, check comparison with HarmonyOS 2.0
Huawei is conducting HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta run on smartphones and the company has made some shuffling in the status bar icons of the software. Although, the exchange was minor but it says a lot about Huawei’s intention of making the OS perfect as it now looking into deeper roots and removing all of the weak angles.
Coming to the status bar shuffle, Huawei has changed the position of some icons from left to right in the HarmonyOS 3.0. For instance, the WiFi icons are now moved toward the right, while the clock has been shifted to the left along with the notification icon. There are also some icons that have been removed from the status bar, which are no longer required to show.
Comparing these changes to HarmonyOS 2.0.
HarmonyOS 2.0 has WiFi and notification icons on the left while keeping the rest of the icons on the right. As you can see, the clock has had been on the right side of the status bar.
The changes in position might be related to the feedback from consumers. However, it’s not a final image of the software. As it will continuously be improved on the road to begin public beta testing for more Huawei smartphone users.
Thereafter, feedback will further shape HarmonyOS 3.0 for the final release.
A week ago, Huawei began registration of HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta for the public Huawei smartphone users. This enables the phone owners to jump into the beta program stage and download the latest HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta firmware.
According to the information, Huawei is still registering smartphone owners in China for HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta testing until July 15. Hereafter, the company will continue to evaluate and send beta builds for the registered Huawei devices under the beta testing phase.
Currently, the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta is began testing on the following models: P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS Porsche Design. Huawei tablet: MatePad Pro 12.6-inch 2021 model.
(via – Source)
Huawei May 2022 HarmonyOS update rolling for Honor 9X series
Honor 9X series which consists of the standard 9X model and the Pro variant is finally receiving the May 2022 security update. The update is rolling out in batches and will gradually expand among the corresponding device users.
The latest firmware is upgraded from the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 version and appears as 220.127.116.11. Moreover, it is only compatible with specific models of the Honor 9X series. Hence, users must check the device version and model, before installing the update.
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00)
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00a)
- Honor 9X Pro (HLK-AL10)
Users holding Honor 9X series smartphones must note that apart from increasing the system security and stability, the latest May 2022 update does not mingle any new changes. Yet, it mends the common issues and exploits of the system, resulting in smooth functioning of the device.
- Incorporates May 2022 security patch that enhances system security.
How to Update Honor 9X Series?
Although the OTA update is on its way, you can try the manual trick to grab the software. Just go to the Settings, and click on the System & Updates. Further, tap on the Software Updates followed by the Check for Updates.
Let the phone connect to the server, and bring the latest update on the screen. To the available update, hit the Download and Install button. Thereafter, we recommend users let the system optimize the new application so that the device could run efficiently.
Honor 9X series
There isn’t much difference between the classic 9X and the Honor 9X Pro smartphone. Both the device features a 6.59-inch LCD panel and appeared with the Android 9 system on the consumer platform.
Besides, both smartphones sport a tri-cam plateau on the back side. This plateau gives space to a 48MP prime shooter, an 8MP ultrawide lens with a 120-degree angle, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front side, the devices display a motorized pop-up camera of 16MP.