After the HarmonyOS 2 release, Huawei has finally started to send the HarmonyOS DevEco Studio 2.1 version on June 2nd. This new version comes with cross-device project templates, atomic service development, and more.
To be mentioned, Huawei had already tested several beta versions for the DevEco Studio, which added a full house of services with new aptitudes.
It always brings new possibilities for IDE developers ( integrated development environment) encourages them to create something more innovative.
Let’s take a look, what change has been added with this new version-
New cross-device engineering template:
The new version of DevEco Studio comes with new 11 cross-device project templates founded on the original single-device project template. The developer can select the template and device type in sequence for a particular project.
Now, it has become easier to create cross-device projects for the developers, and automatically produce example codes and related supplies.
Support for atomization service development:
DevEco Studio 2.1 version added the support for atomic service developments to explore its scope in the coming days. Now the process became easier to quickly complete the atomic service project.
The developer only has to select the desired project template, perform the coding development process, after that, the code compilation, and at last the debugging test.
The project creation menu has several major changes in the latest version that are described below-
- In the late version, developers have to select the project template first, and then select the supported device type
- A new “Service” option has been installed in the project type, used in creating an atomic service project
- The “Show in Service Center” button will help in finding the service center of the device during creating the atomic project
Support for router devices:
After the installation of the DevEco Studio 2.1 version, developers can JS language to quickly develop applications that can run on router devices. The new release has a router single device project template to provide support for routers.
As of now, the DevEco Studio provides supports for eight kinds of different mechanisms. It includes smartphones, tablets, automotive machines, smart screens, smart wearables, lightweight smart accessories, smart vision, and routers.
Support Sample Project Import:
The HarmonyOS sample application is used by the IDE developers for a fast understanding of or application areas of various APIs. It makes easier to create designs and build the application quickly.
The new version of this development tool supports sample project import that allows developers to automatically import the Sample project into DevEco Studio. Developer can access sample projects codes via the “Import HarmonyOS Sample” button can
A new distributed simulator:
The DevEco Studio 2.1 has been com with a new distributed simulator with more enhanced functions. It’s one of the important remote emulators, which demand login permission in the iteration of each hour.
If the session has been expired, it inevitably asks for the re-request/login for the session. This distributed simulator helps the developers to test the distributed functions of an application.
Keep in mind that this new distributed simulator is currently under an experimental phase. So, the developers are required to check the “Enable Super device” button on the “Settings-DevEco Labs” page. In case of encountering bugs or problems, wait for the next version.
Meanwhile, this new release has been fixed the issues that occurred in the previous version, also enhanced the existing features.
Enhanced features and Fixed Issues:
- Optimize the download of HarmonyOS SDK: When DevEco Studio is installed for the first time, Java SDK, JS SDK, Toolchains, Previewer will be downloaded by default
- Enhanced application signature capabilities: support for commissioning application automation signatures, and support for storing application signature information through configuration files
- Java editor capability enhancement: through the integration of HuaweiCloud SmartAssist to provide smarter code completion capabilities
- Previewer capability enhancement: support XML file preview under qualifier directory, previewer image transmission, real-time preview performance optimization
- Service Widget enhancement: support card development for Wearable devices, and add multiple card templates
- Compilation and construction Performance: improve the compilation and construction speed of Hap/App
- Display Optimisations: improved HiLog log output results, and support filtering
- Har supports: C++ shared library construction and use
- Shape and vector in the graphic directory can be automatically associated
- Entry and feature modules can reference har resources at multiple levels
- Webview component could be displayed on the simulator
- Phone device does have a C/C++ project template
- Previewer can be switch between horizontal and vertical screens
- Previewer will support multiple languages
Huawei Mate 50 series gets December 2022 patch
According to the changelog, the December 2022 patch for the Huawei Mate 50 series brings system stability optimizations with new improvements to bring better performance.
It’s further revealed that the patch is distributed with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168patch02 for – Mate 50, Mate 50 Pro, and Mate 50 RS Porsche Design. Since it’s a patch, the OTA will size only 16.26MB. On the other hand, it’s available only for the HarmonyOS 3 version of the Mate 50 lineup.
After upgrading to the latest software patch, a Huawei Mate 50 standard user reported a camera telephoto bug. The user reports that the 10X telephoto zoom lost clarity over the past version.
The user also posted a video describing this issue. It felt like the camera failed to focus on the subject, similar to Huawei P30 Pro.
A number of users replied this to bug. Saying that it could be an issue with the day and nighttime light arrangements. While some suggest that this could be fixed with the next upgrade.
Last month, Huawei sent a performance improvement update for Mate 50 series devices. According to our report, the phone received a substantial boost in GPU performance with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124.
A test on the Genshin Impact game revealed that the Huawei Mate 50 Pro delivers frame rate improvements along with the stability of the smartphone.
To download this software update, Huawei Mate 50 owners can look into the My Huawei app and then tap on the updates section to get the latest firmware version. However, users are recommended to make a backup of important files as a safety precaution.
Huawei rolling out a SuperHub feature patch
According to the information, Huawei has not tagged any specific version number with this release. It’s because of its package size, which is 60 MB.
The changelog of the patch brings improvements to the user experience with SuperHub feature for Huawei smartphones. The patch also optimizes pop-up messages in certain scenarios.
The latest software patch for Huawei smartphones will not erase your personal data but we suggest you back up any important data before you proceed to upgrade.
Post-installation your smartphone will automatically delete the software package. Also, we suggest you charge up your smartphone to support a speedy installation.
SuperHub feature allows you to drag text and images from different apps to SuperHub, where they are temporarily stored, and then drag items to an editing screen with just a tap.
To use SuperHub:
With SuperHub you can select text, images, or files within an app, touch and hold down on the content until it starts floating, and drag the content to the SuperHub floating window displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Open an editing screen (for example, a note in Notepad ), touch and hold the SuperHub floating window, and drag all content out. (If the floating window is hidden at the edge of the screen, swipe inward on the screen to bring up the floating window.)
- Touch the SuperHub floating window to expand it. You can also touch and hold a single item and drag it out.
Past information reveals that this software feature is rolling out in batches and will cover all Huawei smartphones gradually.
How to check for updates:
You can check for the latest software update via Settings > Software & updates and then tap on Software updates followed by CHECK FOR UPDATES. Once fetched, you need to Download and install the new firmware.
Youbo launches new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor
Youbo Technology cooperation has launched a new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor. The chipset is mainly developed for IoT (Internet of Things) applications and smart devices.
According to the latest information, the OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor supports powerful functioning and brilliant performance on the surface. Besides, it is also eligible for high-end display engines and other technologies.
Further, the latest Youbo chipset is uprooted on an A55 process structure. It holds an ARM G52 2EE GPU and also supports a dual-screen display. Alongside tech-pack elements, the chip also uses a self-developed JPEG decoding microprocessor.
In terms of functions, the UB-RK3566 processor is capable of showcasing 1080 at 60 fps resolution, H0264, and H.265 format encoding, supports dynamic rate, frame rate, resolution adjustment, and many other display-related features.
On the other hand, the processor can efficiently work in dual-camera scenarios. Ultimately, operators can have a crystal clear image with effective lighting due to the UB-RK3566 chipset.
You can check the major functions, below:
- High computing power with less consumption: The processor installs a Rockchip RK3566 quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 unit and can easily support up to 0.8T computing power. Besides, it improves the battery life of devices
- Seld-developed display chips: The processor already holds finer display chips to reduce the excessive cost of display components. These chips can bear 2200 x 1650 resolution
- High-definition display: Since the processor has high-quality display chips, it offers an immersive virtual experience. It also supports HDMI 4K resolution at 60Hz, 1080P resolution at 60Hz, and more
- Complete display interface: the latest processor supports HDMI2.0 interface, supports dual-channel MIPI DSI, and can drive a 2.5K LCD screen. It also holds Eink, and can directly drive the ink screen.
- Rick Interface expansion facilities and Strong network wireless connection.
These functions make the processor compatible with high-end IoT applications and work conveniently without creating any hindrances in performance or functioning.