In March 2020, Huawei introduced its new P series flagship – Huawei P40, consisting of Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus. Additionally, this phone series also has a lite version.
These phones (except P40 lite) come with a new overflow display with a punch hole to the house selfie camera, Kirin 990 5G chipsets, a new design including a triple, quad, and Penta camera systems.
Huawei P40 series are the first smartphones to come with EMUI 10.1 (Android 10) out of the box and users can upgrade it to EMUI 11. In the meantime, Huawei has opened the enrollment of Huawei P40 and P40 Pro smartphones for the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta program.
To improve this flagship, Huawei every month sends software updates to improve this lineup, and once a year, the phone receives OS updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei P40 series software updates, changes, improvements, made to its firmware.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
LATEST UPDATES: CHANGELOGS AND VERSION TIMELINE
February 14, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite starts receiving stable EMUI 12 update. Know more
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G stable EMUI 12 rollout begins. Know more
February 12, 2022:
- Huawei P40 series stable EMUI 12 reaching to more users in Turkey. Know more
February 5, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) installs January 2022 security update. Know more
January 25, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Pro January 2022 HarmonyOS update rolling out. Know more
January 22, 2022:
- Huawei P40 series is getting stable EMUI 12 in UK. Know more
January 21, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 for Huawei P40 devices rolling in Serbia. Know more
January 20, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 rollout for Huawei P40 series expanding in Turkey Know more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite E (EMUI 10.1) receiving December 2021 security update. Know more
January 8, 2022:
- Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 update rollout begins for Huawei P40 series. Know more
January 7, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) is receiving December 2021 security update. Know more
December 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) gets November 2021 EMUI update. Know more
December 17, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting first EMUI 12 beta features upgrade know more.
December 14, 2021:
- First EMUI 12 beta update for Huawei P40 Lite rolling out know more.
December 13, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series December 2021 EMUI security update is now expanding in Europe know more.
December 9, 2021:
- EMUI 184.108.40.206 update for Huawei P40 series brings December 2021 security know more.
December 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite starts EMUI 12 beta recruitment [Global]
December 4, 2021:
- EMUI 12 beta test started for Huawei P40 Lite 5G know more.
December 3, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G gets October 2021 security, EMUI 12 beta about to start know more.
December 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series installs December 2021 security patch via new update [CN]
November 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) getting November 2021 security update
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite E (EMUI 10.1) getting October 2021 security update
November 17, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series installing November 2021 security update [China]
November 11, 2021:
- Huawei P40 (EMUI 11) gets October update, EMUI 12 Beta opens up
November 4, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite gets October 2021 update, EMUI 12?
October 19, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Series October 2021 update adds battery improvements and more [HarmonyOS]
October 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite September 2021 update rolling out in Europe know more.
September 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 September 2021 security patch rolling [Global]
September 25, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite is receiving September 2021 update know more.
September 12, 2021:
- Home screen icon size customization feature rolling out for Huawei P40 (CN)
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G July 2021 security update dispatched know more.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) getting July 2021 update.
September 2, 2021:
- September 2021 update for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 fixes app bug and install new security [CN]
August 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series global users receiving July 2021 security update, major rollout awaited know more.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite and P40 Lite 5G gets new update, the Chinese version has HarmonyOS know more.
August 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro (EMUI) getting June security [Europe]
August 2, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series (EMUI 11) getting June 2021 security update [Global]
July 23, 2021:
- New Huawei P40 series battery optimization rolling out (HM OS 2)
- HM OS 2 update released for all Huawei P40 models [CN]
July 10, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) grabbing May 2021 security improvements know more.
- New app, system and security improvements released for Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1)
July 9, 2021:
- May 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 series smartphones know more.
June 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones began receiving May 2021 security improvement [Europe]
June 22, 2021:
- Battery life and Wi-Fi improvements rolling out for Huawei P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 2 testers know more.
June 15, 2021:
- Latest update brings April 2021 security patch for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone know more.
June 12, 2021:
- April 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus in Europe know more.
June 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone starts getting April 2021 security improvements to know more.
June 2, 2021:
- Global users of the Huawei P40 series receiving April security, while waiting for HarmonyOS begins to know more.
May 28, 2021:
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus getting Bluetooth connectivity, security and other important optimizations know more.
May 20, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone know more.
May 1, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone know more.
April 26, 2021:
- March 2021 security and MeeTime optimization rolling out for Huawei P40 Pro in Europe know more.
April 21, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 lineup smartphones know more.
April 20, 2021:
- March 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 and P40 Pro in Europe know more.
April 16, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite 5G starts grabbing February 2021 security improvements know more.
April 12, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Pro getting March 2021 security improvement via new update know more.
March 27, 2021:
- Display, January and February 2021 updates rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite users know more.
March 26, 2021:
- February 2021 security updates rolling out for Huawei P40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro on EMUI 11 [Global Model]
March 24, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting a new software update with February 2021 security patch know more.
March 18, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite on EMUI 10.1 receiving new security improvements know more.
March 15, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 getting a new software with security improvements know more.
March 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones on EMUI 11 receiving a new software update with security improvements know more.
February 26, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 getting a new software update with display, system, and security improvements know more.
February 10, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite received December 2020 security update, no confirmation about EMUI 11 know more.
January 26, 2021
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+ users in Europe getting December security update know more.
January 9, 2021:
- Amid doubts on EMUI 11 eligibility, Huawei P40 Lite users grab a new security patch know more.
December 25, 2020:
- New Flash File Transfer feature update rolling out for Huawei P40 know more.
- Breaking: First HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta rolling for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 devices know more.
December 24, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.208 update released for Huawei P40 Lite 5G users with November 2020 security update that fixes 3 critical and 15 high levels of CVE’s for system security enhancement.
December 18, 2020:
EMUI 220.127.116.11 stable EMUI 11 version released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+, which comes with EMUI 11 features including always-on display (AOD), multiwindow mode, smoother animations, subtle effect, super notepad, and more. (Europe)
December 16, 2020:
Huawei has released the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta version and starts recruiting Huawei P40 and P40 Pro smartphones for HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta program.
December 9, 2020:
EMUI 18.104.22.168 version released for Huawei P40 series users with optimizations for system stability and smart screen.
November 30, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.203 software update for Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting October 2020 security update, which improves system security.
November 28, 2020:
EMUI 22.214.171.124 update for Huawei P40 series beta tester, which brings Starry Night themes, AI air control, and improves the smart multi-window for user experience enhancement.
EMUI 10.1.0.248 version rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite users that brings the October 2020 security patch, which fixes the different levels of exploits and issues.
November 10, 2020:
EMUI 126.96.36.199 stable EMUI 11 version released for Huawei P40 series users on EMUI 10.1.0.162 and beta tester on EMUI 188.8.131.52. This update brings the new EMUI 11 features to provide a better user experience.
November 5, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.197 version pushed for Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting September 2020 security update that improves system security.
November 3, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.182 update released for Huawei P40 series in Europe with October 2020 security update for system security improvements.
October 29, 2020:
EMUI 184.108.40.206 public beta version kicked off for Huawei P40 series that enhances the video editing function, optimize Bluetooth experience, system stability as well as installed the October 2020 security patch.
October 27, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.162 update for Huawei P40 series, which comes October 2020 security patch that fixes the different level of exploits and issues to enhance the system security.
October 15, 2020:
EMUI 220.127.116.11 first beta update released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+ in Romania and France. Users of these devices now eligible to get the latest features including new always-on display themes, improved multi-window mode, new animation effect, and more important features.
September 29, 2020:
Huawei has begun to recruit new users to test EMUI 11 beta in the UK for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. These devices owners can now enroll for EMUI 11 project.
September 28, 2020:
EMUI 18.104.22.168 second beta version rolling out for Huawei P40 series, which improves multi-window, notepad and optimizes vibration feedback.
September 20, 2020:
Huawei has started to recruit Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, and Mate 30 Pro users for the EMUI 11 beta testing in Russia. Giving these users an opportunity to test the new features of EMUI 11 ahead of public release.
September 18, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.236 version pushed for Huawei P40 lite users that install August 2020 security patch for better system security and added Petal search box to the home screen.
September 10, 2020:
EMUI 22.214.171.124 first beta update released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. This first EMUI 11 beta build brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more
August 31, 2020: Huawei P40 series receiving August EMUI security in the UK
August 18, 2020: August 2020 security update starts to roll out for Hauwei P40 series
EMUI 12 for Huawei P30 series rolling out New Zealand
Huawei is currently expanding the reach of EMUI 12 for P30 series smartphones in the global market. As of now, the company has sent this update in many markets and now EMUI 12 for Huawei P30 devices is rolling in New Zealand.
According to the user, Huawei P30 consumers in New Zealand can download EMUI 12 update with the build version 126.96.36.199. This update will require you to download a large OTA package size of 4.79 GB. However, we also want to mention that the download and installation procedure may take some time to unpack such a large update package on your Huawei P30 smartphone.
EMUI 12 has various features and if we want to mention some of them, then we come down to a new intuitive interface and multi-device control panel, notification center, better smart device management, smoother animations, and large folders. The EMUI 12 also promises to improve your device’s performance so, it can run smoothly.
Huawei P30 smartphones currently run EMUI 11 software and after this major upgrade, you’ll definitely note the changes from UI to features. Therefore, it’s recommended for you to get this upgrade installed on your Huawei P30 smartphone. To download EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 or P30 Pro smartphone, first, navigate towards Settings > then tap on System & updates > from here tap on Software updates and then tap on the on-screen steps to move along the software installation procedure.
Make sure you plug in your phone’s charger or keep its battery level to the optimum while keeping sufficient space in the internal storage to download and install the software update package.
Installed EMUI 12 on your Huawei Mate 20 smartphone?
If you talk about the most popular Huawei flagship devices, then it definitely includes the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. The phone comes with various features that allure every consumer on board. However, the Huawei Mate 20 series has its own place that doesn’t collide with any in the class with its new matrix camera system, the phone achieves more than what it looks like.
It’s also the last Huawei Mate series phone to feature Google Mobile Services (GMS) as well as other essential services that make it one of the best-selling Huawei flagships ever. Still, Huawei is keeping this smartphone clean and tidy and installed software updates such as EMUI 12, which brings you the best user experience possible right at your fingertip.
Huawei EMUI 12 have a lot to explore including the new control panel that has a bunch of other services to manage system application as well media on board. On the flip side, you’ll get new space to manage your notifications by swiping down from the top left corner of the screen. Furthermore, the performance boost will be available to give you an enhanced user experience.
Huawei Mate 20 and the entire Mate 20 models are now upgradeable over EMUI 12 via the OTA method. We suggest the corresponding smartphone users download and install this major software upgrade to get the latest features.
If you haven’t installed EMUI 12 on your Huawei Mate 20 smartphone, then, make sure you visit the Settings menu and then tap on the Software update section to proceed with further on-screen instructions.
Installed EMUI 12 on Huawei Mate 20 smartphones?
Now, we’ve already talked so much about the Huawei Mate 20 series, we want to know what’s your status on the EMUI 12 installation for your Huawei Mate 20 series? Let us know via the poll linked below whether you’ve got your share of EMUI 12.
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 25, 2022
Huawei P40 Pro gets security improved with May 2022 patch (EMUI 12)
Huawei has started sending May 2022 security patches for various of its devices, and now the company is expanding this patch for the Huawei P40 Pro flagship. The Huawei P40 Pro May 2020 security patch is currently rolling out for the devices with EMUI 12 software update.
Huawei P40 Pro users with EMUI 12 could start installing the May 2022 security patch along with EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.52. This update package comes with a downloadable size of 335 megabytes.
According to the information (via huaweiblog), Huawei P40 Pro users have been one of the first smartphone models to feature the EMUI 12 software upgrades. Following this rollout, Huawei has also sent new monthly upgrades for this smartphone in the global market. On the flip side, the Huawei P0
Huawei P40 Pro comes with a quad-camera system that takes high-quality photographs and there’s a periscope telephoto camera system. This flagship has various positive use cases for consumers.
image source – Huaweiblog
Below you can check the Huawei P40 Pro May 2022 update changelog:
List of Changes:
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in May 2022 for improved system security.
How to update:
Huawei P40 Pro consumers can download this software by going into Settings and heading towards the Software update section by scrolling down and selecting the software update section. Don’t forget that you can request the latest Huawei P40 Pro update via the My Huawei app as well.