Huawei has begun to rollout the first EMUI 11 beta software for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. This first EMUI 11 beta build brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more (Check the full Changelog below).
Adapted Huawei P40 series phones for EMUI 11 Beta:
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
The first EMUI 11 Beta update for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+ rolling out with EMUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 upgrading from EMUI 10.1.0.155.
Note: This beta testing is currently opened for Chinese models and may soon expand for global users.
EMUI 11 First Beta ChangeLog:
Technology for people:
EMUI 11 refines the user experience and brings vivid, dynamic visual elements for the Always On Display (AOD). AOD now allows you to customize your screen and showcase your personal style with text and images even when the screen is off.
Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with multiple app windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop with PC Manager of version 11.0 or later.)
Privacy-based screen projection:
When you project your phone onto an external display, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
You can now quickly identify and extract text from images or documents, edit the text, and then export and share it. Creating a digital version of a paper document has never been easier.
Browse articles or pictures in different languages and translate the words or paragraphs by selecting and adjusting the selection.
Privacy and security:
The app permission pop-up window display instruction for you to select and give or reject requested permissions.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro stable EMUI 12 update rolling out in Europe
Last week Huawei began to rolllout stable EMUI 12 for Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market. Now, the Chinese tech maker started to rollout EMUI 12 software update for Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in Europe that comes with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168. This update package comes with an OTA package size of 4.8GB. (via – Huaweiblog)
Stable EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 30 Pro users in Europe will allow consumers to install the latest EMUI version software features and change the user experience as compared to EMUI 11 software system.
Therefore, you can download this software update and install all of the features on your phone. Before you move on to the update section, you should know that this software update is expanding in batches and you may have to wait to get this software rollout for your model.
EMUI 12 is a major software update that comes with lots of new features and enhancements that include an intuitive interface, new fonts, notification panel, control panel, smart folder, and more.
Thanks to the tipster – Larry for this wonderful tip.
How to check for update:
To download the latest software update, you need to visit Settings, open System & updates > then visit Software update. From here tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Once an update is available, tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, afterward, the phone will begin the software update installation.
EMUI 12 changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
Huawei EMUI January 2022 Updates List
We’re officially in a new year and Huawei is about to release the latest January 2022 EMUI security patch details for its devices that protect them against threats and vulnerabilities. Throughout January 2022, Huawei will deliver several EMUI software updates.
New software update always arrives with numerous changes made to the system including optimizations, security improvements, feature addition, and more. The regular EMUI update rollout enhances the overall device performance and provides better security to the device.
Aside from this, the Chinese tech maker has also started EMUI 12 beta in the global market. This new version of EMUI is launched with brand new UI, latest features, and improvements that provide a next-level user experience similar to HarmonyOS.
Currently, the EMUI 12 beta testing is started for flagships smartphones belonging to P40, Mate 40, and Mate 30 series. However, the company has also begun the rollout of the EMUI 12 beta update for the registered beta testers.
However, a major update doesn’t affect the regular software update release of Huawei devices. So, in this update archive, you will get all insights of all types of EMUI updates released in the month of January 2022 for Huawei devices.
Huawei EMUI January 2022 Updates:
January 22, 2022:
- Huawei P40 series users are getting EMUI 12 stable rollout in the UK with EMUI 12 version 22.214.171.124. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone with EMUI 11 software is receiving the latest January 2022 system update in the global market. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro EMUI 12 major update has been expanding in Slovenia in Europe with EMUI version 126.96.36.199. Read more
- Huawei P40 series smartphone users have begun receiving the stable EMUI 12 update with version 188.8.131.52 in Serbia. Read more
- Huawei has released the EMUI 12 major update for Huawei Mate Xs folding smartphone. Read more
January 13, 2022:
- Wow, Huawei Enjoy 9 with EMUI 8.2 getting July 2021 update [4 year old] that comes with EMUI 8.2 version 184.108.40.206/209. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite E December 2021 update arrives with an upgraded EMUI version 10.1.0.224 (C432E2R1P1). Read more
- Huawei has kicked off a new EMUI software update for the Huawei Nova 8i smartphone that prioritizes the installation of the November 2021 security patch. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei has kicked off a new EMUI software update for Huawei P30 Lite New Edition that EMUI version 10.1.0.388 with a software package size of 258MB. Read more
January 7, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is receiving December 2021 security update with EMUI version 10.1.0.338 and update OTA package size of 258 megabytes. This software update improves the overall quality of the device and enhances its security.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 is receiving major software update that brings new features for the consumers in the UK.
January 3, 2022:
- Huawei MatePad T8 smartphone running on EMUI 10.1 is receiving December 2021 security update for improved system security. Read more
Huawei P40 series is getting stable EMUI 12 in UK
Huawei P40 series users are getting EMUI 12 stable rollout in the UK, which is a matter of joy for the corresponding consumers. This software rollout comes amid the expansion of the latest EMUI software rollout in the global markets.
EMUI 12 boasts a number of new features for the consumers including minimalist user interface design, better animations, a new control panel, notification center, and more. Aside from these, you’ll also get the new large folder feature as well as better performance.
The EMUI 12 stable build will enable all of the Huawei P40 series consumers in the UK to upgrade with the latest features offered by this software. Therefore, the EMUI 11 users will hit directly to an OTA at EMUI 12. However, there are a few things to note is that the company is sending this major software update in batches. Therefore, you may have to wait to get your hands on the latest software rollout.
EMUI 12 for Huawei P40 series devices in the UK comes with EMUI 12 version 220.127.116.11. You will have to download a big package size of over 5.8 GB, which we recommend downloading over a WiFi network, instead of using mobile data.
On the other hand, you should back up important data before you move on to download this software update on your device. Therefore, it’s also suggested to keep optimum space on your phone’s internal storage to download and store the updated OTA package, which will be deleted automatically once the update is installed.
Huawei EMUI 12 for the P40 series will enrich your user experience and give a new life to your smartphone. All aspects of the phone will be improved with this new EMUI software and we recommend you to grab this new update as soon as it appears on your smartphone.
Thanks to the tipster – Roby for this wonderful tip.