This January, Huawei released the stable EMUI 12 software update for the Huawei P40 series flagship smartphones in the global market. Since then, it is expanding different markets to cover all P40 devices launched worldwide.
On January 20, the stable EMUI 12 for Huawei P40 smartphones was spotted in Turkey with version 22.214.171.124 (C432E4R7P4) upgraded from the base version EMUI 126.96.36.199. However, it arrived with a massive update size of 4.92GB.
According to Huaweiailesi, Huawei has just released the December 2021 and January 2022 EMUI security update integrated into a single software update for P40 and P40 Pro smartphones. Following this, the Chinese tech maker has rolled out the stable EMUI 12 software update for the Huawei P40 series in Turkey.
EMUI Version detail:
The December 2021 and January 2022 update for the Huawei P40 series comes with EMUI version 188.8.131.520 (C432E3R4P3) in Turkey. Meanwhile, the update weighs around 581MB.
On the other hand, the Huawei P40 series stable EMUI 12 software update reaches the user with firmware version 184.108.40.206 with a download package size of 5.84GB.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
Stable EMUI 12 changelog for Huawei P40 series:
The EMUI 12 major software update is launched to provide a brand user experience similar to HaarmonyOS. All of the EMUI 12 features are inspired by HM OS including UI, flexible fonts, smart folders, separate notification, and control panel, Device+, and more. Check the full changelog below.
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops