Hence, updates are a monthly procedure for the device’s betterment, users should have to take part interestingly for providing a diagnosis to their device for a run and a smooth inner working.
While talking about the changelog, it shows that the update brings system security according to the EMUI July 2022 security patch fixes for Huawei P40 Lite. Notably, the July patch gives you a certain number of fixes from different levels of CVEs.
You can identify it via the mentioned EMUI 184.108.40.206 (C432E5R6P2) build version. So, if you are a Huawei P40 Lite ( JNY-LX1) user then this latest update is all yours.
How to update:
Download via Settings:
- Launch Settings
- Hit on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Click on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via My Huawei app:
- Open the My Huawei app on your device
- Visit the Update
- Follow the on-screen instructions
What fixes does July 2022 update bring:
I also owned a Huawei P40 lite and have already updated to the most recent version on my smartphone. I noticed that this update eliminated all lag and latency issues. And make my device provide an error-free experience.
Before, the update release, the smartphone starts degrading on-screen functioning but soon after installing the July 2022 security patch is experienced a lot of changes and improvements that help the device patch the security gap.
We recommend you download and install this new release as soon as it reaches to you, for a better user experience. On the other hand, the August 2022 security patch is pending release for the eligible devices.
Huawei EMUI January 2023 Updates List
In the first week, Huawei published EMUI 2023 security update details and fixed 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high, and 7 issues in the medium level.
In the meantime, Huawei began this month by rolling out January 2023 security update for Huawei Nova 7 smartphone in the global market. The upgrade is there with major security improvements. This firmware will seed more flaghip smartphones in the coming month.
Meanwhile, Huawei EMUI 12 is expanding for some old models but some are still far away.
This year brought in a lot of expectations for Huawei smartphone users and the EMUI 13 is one of them. The company has still not shared the EMUI 13 roadmap for the eligible devices.
Also, the EMUI 13 is not in the sight of beta activity, which, we are eagerly waiting for. Still, the January 2023 window is open for us to wait for the next part of this upgrade procedure. EMUI 13 brings a lot of new features and it would be interesting to see this release trigger this month.
Below you can check all of the software updates rolling out this month and stay up to date:
January 28, 2023:
- We’re about to close this year, and Huawei is now rolling out a new software update with EMUI version 220.127.116.11 for 3 years old Honor Play 3e smartphone. The update installs new optimizations for WiFi and system stability. This update is also noted on old Honor and Huawei devices.
January 21, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a brand new software upgrade for the P50 Pro smartphone with EMUI 12 and build version 18.104.22.1680.
January 18, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Pro getting December 2022 security update in Europe. Read more here.
January 16, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is getting a new patch in the global market that brings it display optimizations for a better user experience.
January 14, 2023:
- In a surprising event, Huawei P30 Pro users are now gaining access to brand new software 22.214.171.124 and a package size of 228 megabytes. This update brings a security patch released in December 2022.
January 13, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Lite grabs a new firmware with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.199 and it will install the latest security patch for this smart device.
January 12, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 is getting a new software patch with display improvements and it has a small size.
January 9, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding this super large software update for the Mate 50 Pro global version with EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version. It brings new improvements for cameras, networks, apps, audio, and system along with security.
January 7, 2023:
- The first January 2023 EMUI security update began to rollout for Huawei phones and Nova 7 is the first to receive this patch in the line with EMUI 184.108.40.206.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 and Nova 10 Pro are the latest Huawei Nova series devices to get a new software update with EMUI version 220.127.116.11. However, this update doesn’t bring anything else than the patch itself.
January 2, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 smartphone is getting December 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 18.104.22.168 build. The update will improve the phone’s capability against dangerous threats.
EMUI 22.214.171.124 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 126.96.36.199 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 188.8.131.52, upgrading from EMUI 184.108.40.206. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 220.127.116.11 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
EMUI 13 Eligible Devices (Expected)
The season of EMUI 12 is already gone, and now we’re waiting eagerly for the next major upgrade – EMUI 13, there are various guesses and information that Huawei smartphone users want such as a roadmap and eligible devices.
However, there’s no official information available as of January 2023, which is a matter of concern.
Amid this long-term wait, EMUI 13 will bring major changes for smartphones, especially, the swipe-up icons gestures, and service widgets are likely to be the main highlights of this upcoming EMUI version. Meanwhile, the tech maker will also make improvements to the existing features.
Starting with the top tier, Huawei will bring EMUI 13 to the mid-range and then the budget models. Based on the past rollout plans and current observations, we’ve prepared a list of phones that could make their place in the EMUI 13 eligible devices list.
It is noted that the company will start EMUI 13 journey with beta testing, followed by the official rollout. Also, we’ll update this list of devices with official information, as soon as it arrives.
Below you can check all of the expected EMUI 13 devices.
- Huawei P50
- Huawei P50 Pro
- Huawei P50 Pocket
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate Xs 2
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Lite E
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Nova 10
- Huawei Nova 10 Pro
- Huawei Nova 10 SE
- Huawei Nova 9
- Huawei Nova 9 SE
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8i
- Huawei Nova Y70
- Huawei Nova Y70 Plus
- Huawei Nova Y90
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 5T
- Huawei Y9s
- Huawei Y8p
Of course! It’s not an official list but we’ll find it similar to what Huawei has decided for the future of these models.
Also, we’ll keep this article updated with new inputs, so stay connected.