Huawei P40 series is one of the first devices to participate in HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing activity. On the other hand, the P40 lineup is moving to receive a HarmonyOS upgrade following its launch on June 2.
In the midst of all of the HarmonyOS discussions, Huawei keeps sending new firmware updates to previously released devices including smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and more. These software updates not only install new security patches but also new software optimizations as well as feature additions that increase the overall user experience.
In the segment, Huawei has begun sending a new firmware update for Huawei P40 series smartphones, which brings a bunch of new features and improvements as well as installs the new security patch.
Models getting devices:
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
According to the changelog, this update brings new quick download icons for popular apps, optimizations for Bluetooth, and fixes the problem of multi-screen collaboration as well as prioritizes the installation of the April 2021 security patch.
April 2021 security patch details: This security update fixes 17 high and 69 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Check the latest EMUI version and detailed changelog below.
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
Huawei P40 series smartphones can upgrade their device to the latest EMUI 11 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124 in China.
- App: Add a popular recommendation folder on the desktop, and add a new education center and Link Now application quick download icon for a smart recommendation of popular selected applications.
- Bluetooth: Optimize the sound experience of Bluetooth headsets
- Multi-screen collaboration: Fix the problem of failure to connect multi-screen collaboration in some scenarios
- Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in April 2021
There are two ways that you can download this latest software update, both of these areas the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
On the other hand, Huawei has hosted a product launch this month and already confirmed the next HarmonyOS and new product launch event on June 2. As per the previous report, the company may also not leave July blank, and it was reported that Huawei will introduce the Huawei P50 series along with a new tablet – Huawei MatePad 2.
(Via – HuaweiUpdate)