Huawei P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus getting Bluetooth connectivity, security and other important optimizations
Huawei P40 series is one of the first devices to participate in HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing activity. On the other hand, the P40 lineup is moving to receive a HarmonyOS upgrade following its launch on June 2.
In the midst of all of the HarmonyOS discussions, Huawei keeps sending new firmware updates to previously released devices including smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and more. These software updates not only install new security patches but also new software optimizations as well as feature additions that increase the overall user experience.
In the segment, Huawei has begun sending a new firmware update for Huawei P40 series smartphones, which brings a bunch of new features and improvements as well as installs the new security patch.
Models getting devices:
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
According to the changelog, this update brings new quick download icons for popular apps, optimizations for Bluetooth, and fixes the problem of multi-screen collaboration as well as prioritizes the installation of the April 2021 security patch.
April 2021 security patch details: This security update fixes 17 high and 69 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
Check the latest EMUI version and detailed changelog below.
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
Huawei P40 series smartphones can upgrade their device to the latest EMUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 upgraded from 18.104.22.168 in China.
- App: Add a popular recommendation folder on the desktop, and add a new education center and Link Now application quick download icon for a smart recommendation of popular selected applications.
- Bluetooth: Optimize the sound experience of Bluetooth headsets
- Multi-screen collaboration: Fix the problem of failure to connect multi-screen collaboration in some scenarios
- Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in April 2021
There are two ways that you can download this latest software update, both of these areas the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
On the other hand, Huawei has hosted a product launch this month and already confirmed the next HarmonyOS and new product launch event on June 2. As per the previous report, the company may also not leave July blank, and it was reported that Huawei will introduce the Huawei P50 series along with a new tablet – Huawei MatePad 2.
(Via – HuaweiUpdate)
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing opened for Mate 40 and P40 smartphones [Updated]
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
March 25, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y70 receives 22.214.171.124 software with March 2023 security patch for better system security.
- Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 126.96.36.1996 with a number of new optimizations including display, apps, system, and stability.
March 21, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite users in Europe are getting firmware version 188.8.131.528 with the latest security patch solutions.
- The latest feature-packed Huawei Mate 50 Pro software update for global users is reaching more places, allowing them to experience the latest additions on the go.
March 20, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in the global market that comes with March 2023 security update and firmware version 184.108.40.2062.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 220.127.116.11 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 18.104.22.1687.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, and 188.8.131.52 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 184.108.40.206, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 220.127.116.112.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 18.104.22.1688.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 22.214.171.124 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.
Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 126.96.36.1996 with new improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the Huawei Nova 9 smartphone and it comes with EMUI 188.8.131.526 version. Don’t forget that it is a global model and the company has loaded the changelog with new improvements and optimizations.
EMUI 184.108.40.2066 brings new optimizations for display, which resolves uncertain behavior and improves the phone screen’s efficiency. Huawei is also improving Huawei Nova 9’s network quality in certain situations, resolving son known issues to provide an uninterrupted user experience.
Also, Huawei is removing the pre-installed Link Now app, which the company has discontinued last year. Link Now was an online collaboration platform with services such as instant messaging, video conferencing, and online learning. You can choose different services on different occasions for better productivity at your work and study.
Lastly, Huawei is installing fresh system stability improvements for better smartphone performance. Notably, the EMUI 220.127.116.116 software update for Huawei Nova 9 comes with a 1.85 GB package size. This is big enough and surely brings changes to the system’s performance.
You should know that this upgrade is rolling out in batches and we suggest you get the OTA as soon as it arrives on the notifications panel.
Amid this release, Huawei Nova 9 users are also concerned about the EMUI 13 upgrade. This is quite a reasonable question and Huawei Nova 9 is a worthy phone to receive the next generation of EMUI software.
Speaking of which, the company is currently testing EMUI 13 on top flagships – P50 series, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 smartphones. However, the availability is limited to a few markets/regions. We hope that Huawei Nova 9 will soon get a slot to test the new EMUI version.
Huawei Nova 9:
This phone packs a 6.57-inch screen, 1.07 billion colors, an OLED panel, and up to 120Hz of refresh rate. It is powered by Snapdragon 778G chip and equips a 50MP quad rear camera system.
Thanks to the tipster, Marco for this amazing tip
Huawei Nova Y70 gets March 2023 EMUI update
Huawei Nova Y70 is getting a March 2023 software update in the global market that comes with EMUI version 18.104.22.168 and the patch is out with 244 megabytes of OTA package size.
Huawei Nova Y70 is running EMUI 12 software update and the company is working on the next major software upgrade for the smartphone. However, there’s no confirmation available about the EMUI 13 beta for this device.
Huawei is sending this upgrade of the smartphone gradually and it improves the phone’s security against threats.
Users of Huawei Nova Y70 can download the March 2023 software update with the OTA notifications. However, you can switch to the manual method to download the update immediately, in just a few simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Select System & Updates
- Tap on the Software Updates option
- Click on CHECK FOR UPDATES
- Let the device search for the new updates
- Tap the Download and Install