Alongside monthly updates, Huawei is working on major software updates for its eligible device. As of now, Huawei winded up the EMUI 11 beta program for most of the devices in the home ground by releasing a stable EMUI 11 version.
Talking about global smartphones, Huawei aimed to end the EMUI 11 testing in the first quarter of 2021. Till now, the flagship lineups, the P40, Mate 30, MatePad Pro series, and Mate Xs users received stable updates via OTA.
Meanwhile, all existing smartphone owners are getting security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades for Huawei as well as existing Honor smartphones.
Huawei will push lots of new updates in a single month and in this article, you can get the latest insights of all of the software updates regarding EMUI, Magic UI, and Wearables in a single archive for February 2021.
Below you can check February 2021 feature/security updates archive:
February 27, 2021:
- Huawei P20 Lite getting a new software update system security improvements and January 2021 security patch. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 update rolling out for the Huawei Smart Screen X65 smart TV, which adds support for HDR Vivid dynamic display. Read more.
- The first software update rolling out for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable phone, which brings a number of new optimizations for the camera, foldable display, touch sensitivity, and more. Read more.
- Huawei Nova 8 and Nova 8 Pro smartphones receiving new updates with camera, audio, display improvements. Read more.
February 26, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T receiving EMUI 11 in the global market. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 and Mate 40 Pro receiving a new software update with display and system improvements. Read more.
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 receiving a new update with display, system, and security improvements. Read more.
- Huawei P30 Pro New Edition getting major software upgrade with EMUI 11 features. Read more.
February 25, 2021:
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro start receiving EMUI 11 updates, with limited availability. Read more.
February 24, 2021:
- A new software update for the Huawei Nova 5 Pro, Nova 4e, and Mate 20 X 5G smartphones. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro started receiving EMUI 11 software upgrades a list of new features. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro receiving January 2021 security update. Read more.
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro earbuds users installing the latest update with New optimizations and improvements for a better user experience. Read more.
February 23, 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone getting January 2021, read more.
- A new software update rolling out for the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 smartphone. Read more.
February 22, 2021:
- January 2021 security update rolling out for the Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition. Read more.
February 20, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE receiving January 2021 security update. Read more.
February 20, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro getting a new software update with improvements for display and system. Read more.
February 19, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite getting a new software update with January 2021 security patch. Read more.
February 16, 2021:
- Honor 20 and View20 smartphones getting a new software update in January 2021. Read more.
February 11, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8 getting a new software update with optimizations for the Always On Display interface. Read more.
February 10, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G users in China started receiving EMUI 11, while global users may have to wait for the next month to get this upgrade. Read more.
- Huawei Nova 7i users received a new software update with January 2021 security improvements. Read more.
- Huawei P40 Lite getting a new software build with December 2020 security patches for better system security. Read more.
- New Privacy control feature and improvements for Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro rolling out with a new software update. Read more.
February 9, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro+, and Mate 40 RS receiving a new software update with 90 frame rate per second support for smoother gameplay. Read more.
- December 2020 security update rolling out for a number of devices including Huawei MatePad Pro, Nova 8 SE, Enjoy Z, Enjoy 20 Pro, MatePad Pro 5G, and MatePad 10.4. Read more.
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro getting a new firmware update bringing new improvements and optimizations for the system and a new sound experience. Read more.
February 5, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T users getting January 2021 security patch, EMUI 11 to come soon. Read more.
February 4, 2021:
- January 2021 security update released for Huawei Nova 5, 5i, 5i Pro, and 5z smartphones. Read more.
- Huawei Maimang 9, Enjoy 9e and Enjoy 20 5G starts receiving December 2020 security update. Read more.
- Calling, display improvements, and security patch rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 Pro [Global]. Read more.
- Huawei improves Nova 6 SE system security via January 2021 update. Read more.
February 3, 2021:
- Honor 30, 30 Pro, V30, and 6 other smartphones receiving new security updates. Read more.
- [Expanding] Huawei Nova 5T getting system security improvements with December 2020 software update. Read more.
- Huawei P20 Lite gets a new software update with security improvements. Read more.
February 2, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 6 and Enjoy 10 users receiving December 2020 software update for improved system security. Read more.
- December 2020 security update rolling out for Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G. Read more
- Huawei Nova 7 smartphone started receiving EMUI 11 via OTA update [Global]. Read more.
February 1, 2021:
- Huawei P30 on EMUI 10.1 receiving January update, EMUI 11 rollout will start soon. Read more.
- November 2020 security update rolling out for Huawei P Smart 2019 that improves system security. Read more.
- Camera, Fingerprint, and System improvements rolling out for Huawei Nova 8 and Nova 8 Pro. Read more.
- Huawei Watch Fit receiving new features and improvements through January 2021 update. Read more.
New system apps and improvements rolling out for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro [Global]
Huawei is now rolling out a new software update for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market with new apps. The company is sending this software update with a firmware version EMUI 126.96.36.199, the OTA package size is 1.26GB.
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro global update consists of new system apps including quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
According to Huaweiblog, the latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update consists of system stability for improved user experience. Aside from these improvements, the Mate 30 Pro doesn’t reflect any additions in the changelog.
To be mentioned, the software update is currently at the initial stage and will expand to more devices in the coming days or weeks.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro New Apps Update changelog:
Improves system stability in certain scenarios.
Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps.
Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
The latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update won’t delete your personal data, yet, an advance backup is recommended before updating the device for the worst-case. Furthermore, ensure enough memory storage, battery backup, and a strong internet connection before installing this update. However, if you still meet any problem during the update can seek help from the Huawei customer service center.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
How to Download the update:
There are two ways for downloading this update- first with a mobile setting and the second with the Support App. I have mentioned both you can download anyone you are more comfortable with.
Download Via Settings:
- Open smartpnoe Settings
- Select System
- Now click on Software update
- Then Check for updates
- If available, click Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
Download via Support app
- Open Support app on your smartphone
- Go to the Service tab
- Now select Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- If available, then tap Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei has released the EMUI 12 operating system, which comes with a suite of new features, user interface (UI) design, animation effects, seamless device controller, and other important enhancements over EMUI 11.
EMUI 12 design reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS operating system. From UI to features, all carry the same rhythm. However, Huawei has remained silent on the based software of EMUI 12.
Let’s jump to the matter, and explore the EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with a new innovative user interface design that has beautiful rounds corners and provides a seamless viewing experience. There are finely tuned gradients that create a perfect sense of depth in the display, while the simple black, white and blue color format offers a clean and refined look.
This EMUI software comes with new animation effects that reflect realistic gravity and magnet animation effects. The latest animations added to the UI reflects the celestial objects move in the universe, and makes the overall touch interaction more smoother and interactive.
The new software supports stepless weight adjustment, which allows you to adjust the size and the weight of the font by just adjusting the slider. This new feature enhances the user’s viewing experience and makes the UI labels more visible for better UI controls.
Control Panel is an all-in-one solution that you can access by swiping down from the top right corner of the display. The Control Panel consists of audio playback, WiFi, and Bluetooth settings on the same screen.
That’s not it because the Control Panel the above-mentioned controls are followed by shortcut switches section. There’s also a Device+ section. The aim of the Control Panel is to provide you the quickest possible options on the go without at the fastest pace.
Compared to the EMUI 11, the Notification Center is now separated from the Quick settings panel. The users now have a brand new notification center, that you can access via swiping down from the top left corner of the display.
Finally, let’s talk about the “Device+”. This feature resembles the Super Device feature on the HarmonyOS 2. What are the use cases? Let’s take a brief look.
You can simply tap on the MatePad icon (as shown in the image) to activate a multi-screen collaboration with MatePad. This will help you conduct calls, send messages, and check photos from your phone on the tablet screen.
Once connected with MateBook, you can edit your phone’s files directly using your laptop’s bigger display with ease of access. Want to enjoy your phone’s content on an even bigger display? Don’t worry, EMUI 12’s Device+ supports Huawei Vision smart TVs.
Lastly, the earbuds support of the Device+ allows you to listen to should of the other connected device such as Huawei Vision, without disturbing other people.
Distributed File System:
Distributed File System is quite powerful and works best, with this feature, you can get instant access to your phone documents or photos as easily as to access another disk drive on your laptop.
Most interestingly, these all functionalities can be conducted without touching your phone’s data cable.
MeeTime video calls were introduced with EMUI 10.1 and improved in EMUI 11. With EMUI 12, Huawei is taking a step ahead, this feature now supports cross-device video calls, you can seamlessly shift video calls picked up on your phone to Huawei Vision by using the MeeTime Video Call Transfer feature, and shift the call back to your phone, as per your requirement.
Time to come to an important part – Performance, the EMUI 12, provides faster web pages and apps loading as you scroll. You can return to the page next time as you load it up.
Even after a long term of use, the EMUI 12 ensures to provide optimum performance, operation response, and app startup as it was doing initially.
Lastly, the security. EMUI 12 comes with better security and privacy protection, You can input your password to unlock your phone from your laptop while being connected to the Multi-screen collaboration feature.
Moreover, you can set your smartwatch as a trusted device of your phone for extra protection. Your phone will only respond when your phone is connected via Face unlock.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite September 2021 security patch out for global users [EMUI]
Global users are receiving the September 2021 security patch on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone. The update has only brought the bug fixes mentioned in the security bulletins released for September this year. Speaking of which, Huawei didn’t release any update after June 2021 security patch for this device in overseas markets.
Debuted in 2018, Huawei Mate 20 Lite comes pre-installed with EMUI 8 operating system. Later, the company sends two major updates for this base smartphone and it’s currently running on EMUI 10. Although, it didn’t receive the EMUI 11, still counts as an important device of the company. Thus, it timely gest new features, bug fixes, and system optimizations.
As reported by HuaweiBlog, the September 2021 security patch contains the EMUI 10.0.0.290 version for Huawei Mate 20 Lite users. However, the changelog doesn’t seem to contain much due to its smaller update size. There are no additional features or major modification come with the security note. You can check the details below:
- Update Version: EMUI 10.0.0.290 (C432E12R1P1)
- Update Size: 116 MB
- Changelog: This update integrates security patches released in September 2021 for improved system security.
(Image from HuaweiBlog)
How to Download:
Huawei Mate 20 Lite users can download the latest EMUI September 2021 security patch from the smartphone’s setting. Still, there are many things a user needs to consider before installing the update.
A battery level of more than 20% is required, so your device won’t be worn out during the procedure. At the same, users also need to ensure adequate storage in the system and stable network connection.
However, the update size is rather small, so you can also make the download with personal mobile data easily. Also remember, not to disturb the process or use the smartphone in between the installation. Below you can check the downloading steps-
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device