Breaking: Huawei Mate 20 started receiving EMUI 11 [Global]
Huawei unveiled the EMUI 11 in September and during the launch event, the company also announced the beta testing for a number of flagships including P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro models.
Following these devices, the Chinese tech giant began the test flight for the Huawei Mate 20 smartphones and later expanded this testing program to more markets in Europe and in the Middle East.
EMUI 11 testings for the Huawei Mate 20 models have already concluded in China with the rollout of a stable build. On the other hand, Huawei has promised to roll out EMUI 11 for the Mate 20 smartphones in the first quarter of 2021.
Since we’re meeting the timeline, Huawei has now finally started releasing the EMUI 11 for the Huawei Mate 20 smartphones, which brings a list of new features for a better user experience.
For now, the rollout is still in the early-stage so we expect it to expand in the coming weeks and cover more users around the globe.
The new features that come with EMUI 11 improve the always-on display, multiwindow mode, installs new animations, subtle UI effects, major tweaks for NotePad, better smart features, and more. (Check the full changelog linked below)
Models for EMUI 11:
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 X receiving the EMUI 11 with EMUI version 220.127.116.11 and a software package size of 1.86GB.
On the other hand, we don’t have confirmation on the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G model, which is likely to get the EMUI 11 very soon.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
How to check for EMUI 11 update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipsters – Mohamed and Majid
EMUI 11 Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
Huawei P50 Pro February 2023 update expanding, while EMUI 13 beta begins
Last month, Huawei began to rollout the February 2023 security update for the global version of Huawei P50 Pro and it is now expanding for some users in Europe.
As reported by Huaweiblog, Huawei is expanding February 2023 software update for the P50 Pro with EMUI 18.104.22.1682 build version. However, users will have to download a software package of around 300 megabytes in size.
For starters, Huawei releases these updates in batches, therefore, it took some time to reach some users around different regions.
In the meantime, we suggest users download the update as soon as it appears in the notifications panel. You can also check it manually via Settings. To do so, you need to navigate toward the software updates section and follow the on-screen instructions to get the new firmware.
Last week, Huawei announced EMUI 13 beta recruitment for the global users of Huawei P50 Pro along with other major smartphones. However, the program remains limited to the Asia pacific models.
Still, the activity is in the initial stage and may take some time open in other important markets such as Europe.
EMUI 13 is the newest addition to the EMUI universe and every Huawei smartphone owner is waiting to download this major upgrade. EMUI 13 brings various features such as the new smart folder, which allows you to manage the home screen apps.
Also, the latest swipe-up gestures help you to perform more with the slightest gestures over an app icon.
So, every Huawei P50 Pro user is excited about this upcoming upgrade. But then the time of the estimated arrival is yet to be decided by the company.
Meanwhile, Huawei is preparing to launch the Huawei P60 Series on March 23, and the Chinese tech maker will feed that with a lot of new technologies. These could make the phone a perfect successor to the Huawei P50 Pro, which is already a number one go-to companion for taking high-quality photographs for consumers.
A Chinese Huawei P30 Lite user received EMUI 12
A Huawei P30 lite Chinese smartphone owner received the latest EMUI 12 software update in China and the user posted it online, which is surprising to some users, while to us it’s completely normal.
Back in July, Huawei P30 Lite users in the global market received the major EMUI 12 software. The phone has long been running EMUI 10.0, and it’s a direct jump towards EMUI 12.
Throughout 2022, Huawei P30 Lite received this upgrade in many countries. However, the latest case is different.
Actually, the model shown in the screenshot is not Chinese and the Huawei P30 Lite device’s EMUI 12 build version is Asia pacific. Therefore, it has received a delayed OTA upgrade, if the user is operating the phone inside the country.
For your information, the Chinese users already have a P30 Lite dubbed version of Nova 4e, which was launched first in China. However, this phone later installed the HarmonyOS operating system, while the global version only runs EMUI.
So, it’s a big upgrade for the Huawei P30 lite and most of them already grabbed it firsthand. As for those looking for confirmation over EMUI 13, may need to wait for the time being, as a roadmap is yet to come.
If you want to upgrade your phone to the latest version, open the system settings, then tap on System & updates, and from here touch on the software updates. Afterward, follow the on-screen instructions to get the new firmware.
Don’t forget there are certain precautions that you need to follow to download this new software on your smartphone.
Huawei EMUI 12 comes with a brand new user interface for the P30 Lite owners. This includes a new control panel, better notifications, improved animations, and much more.
(via – ithome)
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 126.96.36.1997.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 18.104.22.168, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 22.214.171.1242.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 126.96.36.1998.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 188.8.131.52 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.