Following these devices, the Chinese tech giant began the test flight for the Huawei Mate 20 smartphones and later expanded this testing program to more markets in Europe and in the Middle East.
EMUI 11 testings for the Huawei Mate 20 models have already concluded in China with the rollout of a stable build. On the other hand, Huawei has promised to roll out EMUI 11 for the Mate 20 smartphones in the first quarter of 2021.
Since we’re meeting the timeline, Huawei has now finally started releasing the EMUI 11 for the Huawei Mate 20 smartphones, which brings a list of new features for a better user experience.
For now, the rollout is still in the early-stage so we expect it to expand in the coming weeks and cover more users around the globe.
The new features that come with EMUI 11 improve the always-on display, multiwindow mode, installs new animations, subtle UI effects, major tweaks for NotePad, better smart features, and more. (Check the full changelog linked below)
Models for EMUI 11:
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 X receiving the EMUI 11 with EMUI version 184.108.40.206 and a software package size of 1.86GB.
On the other hand, we don’t have confirmation on the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G model, which is likely to get the EMUI 11 very soon.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
How to check for EMUI 11 update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipsters – Mohamed and Majid
EMUI 11 Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update rolling out
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the users. This new software update has a new security update. However, there are no other changes that have been spotted in the software build. According to the Huaweiblog, the EMUI 10.0.0.491 software update for the Huawei P30 Lite is rolling out in Europe. Therefore, it may take some time to reach out to every P30 lite owner in the region as well as in the global market.
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security patch comes with several fixes for the threats and vulnerabilities that could half your personal data. Therefore, we recommend you install this upgrade as soon as it appears.
If you want to update the latest Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security, visit system settings, go to Software & updates, tap on Check for updates and then download updates.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
However, it’s recommended that you keep sufficient storage before upgrading to the latest EMUI version. Keep an adequate amount of battery levels on your phone and connected to the internet while downloading the update package.
Huawei P30 lite comes with a triple camera system that helps you take amazing photos. The has a Kirin 710F processor and runs EMUI 8.1 out of the box. Since its unveiling, the phone has received two major software updates – EMUI 9 and EMUI 10. However, the phone didn’t receive EMUI 11.
On the other hand, the phone in China is eligible for the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Still, there’s no confirmation about its global major upgrade, which is highly awaited by the consumers.
How to update:
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 update is rolling out gradually and you can download it via the settings > System & software > software update > Check for Updates. If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your screen. Before downloading the latest software update, you need to maintain a sufficient amount of storage on your device. Back up important to prevent an uncertain action and keep your phone charged to prevent low power issue.
TCL’s latest phone runs Huawei EMUI 12 software system
A few weeks ago, Chinese electronics maker – TCL launched its latest smartphone – FFALCOn Thunderbird FF1 smartphone with a full view display and rear triple camera system. And recent exposure to news reveals that this TCL phone comes with a Huawei EMUI 12 software system.
According to the Weibo tipster – WHYLAB, TCL Thunderbird smartphones come with pre-installed Huawei EMUI 12 software. The screenshots shared by the blogger confirm that the device has EMUI 12.0.1. However, there’s no confirmation about its relationship with HarmonyOS or Android.
Huawei EMUI 12 comes with a brand new user interface that is designed similar to the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. The UI is completely renovated with maximized additions and animations in the UX. However, Huawei has not revealed any specific rollout dates for this new EMUI version.
If you want to learn more about the EMUI 12 software, check out our detailed EMUI 12 article linked below.
TCL has partnered with Huawei to sell its latest smartphone, this new model is available to purchase through Huawei’s online stores. Furthermore, TCL is not selling devices on its official store instead it gave it directly to the Chinese tech giant.
Featuring a curved edge minimal-bezel design, this smartphone has a 6.67-inch screen with a high refresh rate of 120 Hz. The display has a pill-shaped design on the front, meanwhile, the square camera module houses a triple camera design with an LED flash at the back.
It offers 5G network accessibility with the support of the Snapdragon 690 chipset. Besides, its two beautiful colors give it a more graceful look. Furthermore, its rear lenses include a 64MP primary camera with f/1.9, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera of f/2.4 with 120 degrees, and a 2MP macro lens of f/2.4.
In terms of charging, its 4300mAh battery supports 66W fast charging. Moreover, it only takes 17 minutes to complete 60% charging and 40 minutes for a complete charge. In addition, the power button mounts a fingerprint scanner that can also enable the voice assistant.
Huawei P20 global users gets July 2021 security update
Huawei is releasing a new software update for the global consumers of the P20 device. This latest software rollout brings July 2021 security patch and comes with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.192. The July 2021 Huawei P20 security update is currently rolling out in Europe and may expand to more models soon. (via Huaweiblog)
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are eligible to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system upgrades in China. However, Huawei has not confirmed any such treatment for global users.
Coming back to this software update, the latest Huawei P20 series update is available to download via the following instructions. Visit, Settings > System & updates > Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available for your model, click on “download and install” and the update package will be download.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while upgrading to the latest Huawei P20 July 2021 update. First, backup your important data, so you won’t lose any of it. Although, the upgrade procedure won’t erase your date but it’s recommended.
Maintain enough storage on your device to store the update package, and keep the phone charged sufficiently, so it won’t run out of power during the installation procedure.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Launched in 2018, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro sports new AI-powered photography features. The Pro model is the first smartphone in the world to come with a triple camera system. In terms of software, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro come with EMUI 8.1 and after a number of major upgrades, the software version reached EMUI 10 (Android 10).
The latest rollout for the Huawei P20 lineup shows that the company still wants to keep the device study and provide better security as well as stable performance. Furthermore, this may be a step towards the global HarmonyOS opening? However, we’ll have to wait for more confirmation regarding this matter.
Until then, we’ll keep you posted.