Honor has started pushing the new software update for a bunch of devices mentioned below. This latest update brings the security patch released in December 2020 that fixes different levels of exploits and issues to improve system security.
- Honor 30
- Honor 30Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor 30S
- Honor Play 4T
- Honor Play 4T Pro
- Honor Play 3
Users can download and install this security patch on their device that helps your device to fight against threads. The update instructions are step by step mentioned at the end of the article.
WANT TO SEND US TIPS, UPDATE SCREENSHOTS, OR A MESSAGE? CONNECT WITH US HERE:
- Message us on Twitter
- Honor 30 smartphone users grabbing Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 upgraded from 188.8.131.52.
- Honor 30 Pro and Pro+ smartphone users grabbing Magic UI 4 version 184.108.40.206 upgraded from 220.127.116.11.
- Honor V30 and V30 Pro smartphone users grabbing Magic UI 4 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124.
- Honor 30S smartphone users grabbing Magic UI 3.1 version 126.96.36.199 upgraded from 188.8.131.52.
- Honor Play 4T smartphone users grabbing Magic UI 3.1 version 184.108.40.206 upgraded from 220.127.116.11.
- Honor Play 4T Pro smartphone users grabbing Magic UI 3.1 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124
- Honor Play 3 smartphone users grabbing EMUI 9.1 version 126.96.36.199 upgraded from 188.8.131.52.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not erase any data.
Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in December 2020.
Security patch details: December 2020 security patch fixes 1 critical and 11 high levels of CVEs for improved system security.
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System/System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.