Stable EMUI 11 began to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
Since November 2020, Huawei began EMUI 11 testing for its previous-gen flagship series, Huawei Mate 20 in China. The adapting model includes Mate 20, 20 Pro, 20 RS, 20 X 4G, and 20 x 5G. Moving ahead in the beta program, the company released the first and second betas as well as stable updates for registered Mate 20 devices.
Now, Huawei has started sending the stable EMUI 11 version for Huawei Mate 20 X 5G beta testers as well as users on EMUI 10.1 to experience brand new EMUI 11 features that makes user life easier. However, the rollout currently available for Chinese users and will soon expand to the global market.
Meanwhile, the global Mate 20 smartphones are still EMUI 11 beta development program. According to the official EMUI 11 rollout schedule, the Mate 20 series will receive a stable version in March 2021.
Last month, Huawei improves the system security of the Mate 20 X 5G smartphone by delivering the December 2020 security update. This update fixes 1 critical and 11 high levels of CVEs that protect your device against threats.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]ntral.com
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
Full OTA for EMUI 10.1 Users: Huawei Mate X 5G users on EMUI 10.1 receiving a full OTA with EMUI version 18.104.22.168. Users required to be on EMUI 10.1.0.170.
Stable Patch for EMUI 11 Beta Testers: Existing EMUI 11 beta testers receiving a stable patch with version 22.214.171.124. The Beta testers should be on EMUI 126.96.36.199.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
WHAT’S NEW FOR EMUI 11 BETA USERS:
- Optimizes the MeeTime using experience to cooperate with some devices.
WHAT’S NEW FOR EMUI 10.1 USERS:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Huawei Mate 20 X 5G smartphone getting December 2020 security update