Huawei has finally begun to rollout EMUI 11 for the Huawei P30 and Mate 20 devices in the global market. Although, the update may take some time to cover all of the users, but it’s now confirmed that EMUI 11 is coming soon for their smartphones.
In this line, there’s another important device that has been waiting for its term to install this latest update and its name is Huawei Nova 5T. This smartphone comes with the flagship Kirin 980 processor, a 6.25-inch FHD+ display, 48MP quad rear camera, 3750mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging, and more.
The Nova 5T was announced EMUI software version 9.1 and upgraded to EMUI 10.0 and then with EMUI 10.1. With its hardware capabilities, the phone was promised to receive the EMUI 11.0 in the first quarter of 2021 and the company has started delivering this major update to the users.
Similar to the Huawei P30 and Mate 20 models, the company has just begun to send this update for the Nova 5T and will expand it gradually for users all around the globe.
EMUI 11 brings new features, improvements, and optimizations for the users and maximizes the user experience with the new smart Always on display, subtle and long take animations, improved multi-screen collaboration, better multi-window mode, and more.
There’s more to explore about this update, check the version detail and changelog below. Also, before upgrading to the latest EMUI version, we recommend you take a backup of your important files to avoid any data loss.
Stable EMUI 11 version:
EMUI 11 for the Huawei Nova 5T smartphone comes with EMUI 11 version 18.104.22.168 and an OTA update package size of 1.91GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
HOW TO CHECK FOR EMUI 11 UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster – Samer
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.