Huawei has finally begun to rollout EMUI 11 for the Huawei P30 and Mate 20 devices in the global market. Although, the update may take some time to cover all of the users, but it’s now confirmed that EMUI 11 is coming soon for their smartphones.
In this line, there’s another important device that has been waiting for its term to install this latest update and its name is Huawei Nova 5T. This smartphone comes with the flagship Kirin 980 processor, a 6.25-inch FHD+ display, 48MP quad rear camera, 3750mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging, and more.
The Nova 5T was announced EMUI software version 9.1 and upgraded to EMUI 10.0 and then with EMUI 10.1. With its hardware capabilities, the phone was promised to receive the EMUI 11.0 in the first quarter of 2021 and the company has started delivering this major update to the users.
Similar to the Huawei P30 and Mate 20 models, the company has just begun to send this update for the Nova 5T and will expand it gradually for users all around the globe.
EMUI 11 brings new features, improvements, and optimizations for the users and maximizes the user experience with the new smart Always on display, subtle and long take animations, improved multi-screen collaboration, better multi-window mode, and more.
There’s more to explore about this update, check the version detail and changelog below. Also, before upgrading to the latest EMUI version, we recommend you take a backup of your important files to avoid any data loss.
Stable EMUI 11 version:
EMUI 11 for the Huawei Nova 5T smartphone comes with EMUI 11 version 126.96.36.199 and an OTA update package size of 1.91GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
HOW TO CHECK FOR EMUI 11 UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster – Samer
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
Huawei P20 global users gets July 2021 security update
Huawei is releasing a new software update for the global consumers of the P20 device. This latest software rollout brings July 2021 security patch and comes with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.192. The July 2021 Huawei P20 security update is currently rolling out in Europe and may expand to more models soon. (via Huaweiblog)
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are eligible to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system upgrades in China. However, Huawei has not confirmed any such treatment for global users.
Coming back to this software update, the latest Huawei P20 series update is available to download via the following instructions. Visit, Settings > System & updates > Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available for your model, click on “download and install” and the update package will be download.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while upgrading to the latest Huawei P20 July 2021 update. First, backup your important data, so you won’t lose any of it. Although, the upgrade procedure won’t erase your date but it’s recommended.
Maintain enough storage on your device to store the update package, and keep the phone charged sufficiently, so it won’t run out of power during the installation procedure.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Launched in 2018, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro sports new AI-powered photography features. The Pro model is the first smartphone in the world to come with a triple camera system. In terms of software, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro come with EMUI 8.1 and after a number of major upgrades, the software version reached EMUI 10 (Android 10).
The latest rollout for the Huawei P20 lineup shows that the company still wants to keep the device study and provide better security as well as stable performance. Furthermore, this may be a step towards the global HarmonyOS opening? However, we’ll have to wait for more confirmation regarding this matter.
Until then, we’ll keep you posted.
Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates List
This month, Huawei released September 2021 EMUI security updates details ahead of time and continues to expand previously released patches. Currently, the rollout of June and July updates are on the move.
Last month, Huawei also revealed its new EMUI version – EMUI 12, but this new software remains under massive confusion or the global Huawei device owners. The EMUI 12 replicates the same feel of the HarmonyOS 2.0 user interface but clarification on its base software is still unsolved.
On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker is rapidly increasing the number of HarmonyOS powered devices, just recently, the company has crossed 90 million HarmonyOS installations in China alone.
This is quite an achievement, yet, it would be interesting if Huawei gives the same treatment for its global device owners that could further lead this number to new heights.
Amid these discussions, the wagon of regular EMUI software and security patches continues. Therefore, the Chinese phone maker keeps sending new upgrades to the Huawei phone users to improve their models.
With Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates list, we will keep full track of all the security and feature-packed updates rolling out for Huawei devices in September 2021 and brief you about them.
Note: This list of devices will be regularly updated
Huawei EMUI September 2021 updates:
September 20, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T getting September 2021 update rolling out after Huawei skips the August 2021 patch for this smartphone.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 smartwatch getting new features additions with the first beta rollout. Read more about this news here.
September 19, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet was released in 2018 and now this device is getting new apps as well as feature enhancements in the global market.
- Huawei Y9 2019 receiving new software update with new apps and security updates.
- Honor 9X Pro and Honor 10 Lite getting new software updates in the global market that installs June and July 2021 software updates.
September 17, 2021:
- New apps and features were released for the Huawei Nova 3i smartphone.
September 16, 2021:
- Following the so-called patch rollout, the P30 Lite is also receiving the July 2021 security patch with the latest rollout.
September 15, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e grabbing a new software update in the global markets that brings new feature improvements for better performance.
September 14, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro with EMUI 11 getting July 2021 security patch.
September 12, 2021:
- New Firmware optimizations rolling out for the Huawei Watch GT 2 with September 2021 firmware update.
September 11, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro getting Super Device support in China.
September 10, 2021:
- July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro in the global market.
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting July 2021 security patch.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting July 2021 security patch for improved system security.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 3 gets a new update with a number of new apps and a May 2021 security patch, that improves system security and provides a new user experience.
September 3, 2021:
- Huawei Band 6 Pro getting new optimizations for better performance.
September 2, 2021:
- Huawei FreeLace Pro wireless neckband earphones receiving new Bluetooth optimizations.
September 1, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite New Edition is receiving July 2021 security update for improved system security.
- Honor 20 Youth Edition gets the first September 2021 security update.
Huawei Nova 5T September 2021 update rolling out, skips August patch
The 48MP AI quad rear camera phone – Huawei Nova 5T is receiving the September 2021 security update. This new rollout also makes the skip of the August security patch and it’s a really important step toward the phone’s security perspective by keeping it update to date.
According to Huaweiblog, the Huawei Nova 5T September 2021 security update comes with EMUI 11 version 188.8.131.52 and a software package size of 174 megabytes. This software rollout is currently noted inside Germany (Europe) but may soon expand for more users.
This treatment is significant because it wasn’t even delivered to the flagship phones – Huawei P40 and Mate 40 series. However, the Chinese models with HarmonyOS 2.0 already completed such installation.
The latest Nova 5T EMUI 11 incremental update comes with several fixes for the security flaws in the system and allows users to safely keep all of the device’s data.
(image source – Huaweiblog.de)
Nova 5T EMUI 12:
With these fast rollouts and releases, Huawei seemingly preparing the Nova 5T for the next major software update but there’s no official confirmation available on this matter at the moment.
Huawei Nova 5T:
This phone comes with a powerful hardware configuration that includes Kirin 980 processor, quad AI rear camera, a 32MP selfie camera, and more.
How to download the Nova 5T:
You can download the latest Huawei Nova 5T update via Settings. To do this, open system settings, visit System & updates, thereafter, the users will have to push “Check for updates” followed by the corresponding update check. If an update is available, you can click “Download and Install”.
However, you must remember to keep a backup of your data to prevent the loss of important files on your device. Furthermore, keep an adequate level of battery backup on your phone to prevent battery outage during the installation. Once started, it may take some time to process the update and install it on the device.