Huawei has finally begun to rollout EMUI 11 for the Huawei P30 and Mate 20 devices in the global market. Although, the update may take some time to cover all of the users, but it’s now confirmed that EMUI 11 is coming soon for their smartphones.
In this line, there’s another important device that has been waiting for its term to install this latest update and its name is Huawei Nova 5T. This smartphone comes with the flagship Kirin 980 processor, a 6.25-inch FHD+ display, 48MP quad rear camera, 3750mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging, and more.
The Nova 5T was announced EMUI software version 9.1 and upgraded to EMUI 10.0 and then with EMUI 10.1. With its hardware capabilities, the phone was promised to receive the EMUI 11.0 in the first quarter of 2021 and the company has started delivering this major update to the users.
Similar to the Huawei P30 and Mate 20 models, the company has just begun to send this update for the Nova 5T and will expand it gradually for users all around the globe.
EMUI 11 brings new features, improvements, and optimizations for the users and maximizes the user experience with the new smart Always on display, subtle and long take animations, improved multi-screen collaboration, better multi-window mode, and more.
There’s more to explore about this update, check the version detail and changelog below. Also, before upgrading to the latest EMUI version, we recommend you take a backup of your important files to avoid any data loss.
Stable EMUI 11 version:
EMUI 11 for the Huawei Nova 5T smartphone comes with EMUI 11 version 22.214.171.124 and an OTA update package size of 1.91GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
HOW TO CHECK FOR EMUI 11 UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster – Samer
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
Huawei EMUI January 2023 Updates List
In the first week, Huawei published EMUI 2023 security update details and fixed 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high, and 7 issues in the medium level.
In the meantime, Huawei began this month by rolling out January 2023 security update for Huawei Nova 7 smartphone in the global market. The upgrade is there with major security improvements. This firmware will seed more flaghip smartphones in the coming month.
Meanwhile, Huawei EMUI 12 is expanding for some old models but some are still far away.
This year brought in a lot of expectations for Huawei smartphone users and the EMUI 13 is one of them. The company has still not shared the EMUI 13 roadmap for the eligible devices.
Also, the EMUI 13 is not in the sight of beta activity, which, we are eagerly waiting for. Still, the January 2023 window is open for us to wait for the next part of this upgrade procedure. EMUI 13 brings a lot of new features and it would be interesting to see this release trigger this month.
Below you can check all of the software updates rolling out this month and stay up to date:
January 31, 2023:
- Huawei began to rollout January 2023 security update for a number of flagship devices including Huawei P40, P40 Pro and Mate 40 Pro in the global market that comes with EMUI security improvements.
January 28, 2023:
- We’re about to close this year, and Huawei is now rolling out a new software update with EMUI version 126.96.36.199 for 3 years old Honor Play 3e smartphone. The update installs new optimizations for WiFi and system stability. This update is also noted on old Honor and Huawei devices.
January 21, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a brand new software upgrade for the P50 Pro smartphone with EMUI 12 and build version 188.8.131.520.
January 18, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Pro getting December 2022 security update in Europe. Read more here.
January 16, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is getting a new patch in the global market that brings it display optimizations for a better user experience.
January 14, 2023:
- In a surprising event, Huawei P30 Pro users are now gaining access to brand new software 184.108.40.206 and a package size of 228 megabytes. This update brings a security patch released in December 2022.
January 13, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Lite grabs a new firmware with EMUI 12 version 220.127.116.11 and it will install the latest security patch for this smart device.
January 12, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 is getting a new software patch with display improvements and it has a small size.
January 9, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding this super large software update for the Mate 50 Pro global version with EMUI 18.104.22.168 build version. It brings new improvements for cameras, networks, apps, audio, and system along with security.
January 7, 2023:
- The first January 2023 EMUI security update began to rollout for Huawei phones and Nova 7 is the first to receive this patch in the line with EMUI 22.214.171.124.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 and Nova 10 Pro are the latest Huawei Nova series devices to get a new software update with EMUI version 126.96.36.199. However, this update doesn’t bring anything else than the patch itself.
January 2, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 smartphone is getting December 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 188.8.131.52 build. The update will improve the phone’s capability against dangerous threats.
January 2023 update out for global Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro
According to the information, the latest security patch brings improvements to the smartphone and software capability. On the other hand, the January 2023 security update with a build version of 184.108.40.2060 for the Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro.
However, there are no other major changes mentioned in the changelog. On the flip side, the January 2023 EMUI security patch fixes 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high mode, and 7 issues in the medium level. On the other hand, the security patch also includes fixes CVEs that were included in the December 2022 EMUI security updates.
Huawei has already seeded January 2023 security patch on EMUI 12 powered P50 Pro and the Nova 7 5G. Such software updates are essential to the smartphone and it’s suggested that the corresponding models download the latest available firmware.
Aside from the security patch, Huawei’s top flagship smartphones are waiting for the EMUI 13 software update, which is packed with new features. However, Huawei has not released any information on this matter.
How to update:
Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro users can download the latest software update by visiting the software update section, opening up Settings > tapping on System & update > clicking Software updates > and CHECK FOR UPDATES.
You should know that this update will not delete your personal data and we suggest that you back up all important data before updating.
If you face any issues during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center. The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro are one of the last Huawei flagships to feature 5G functionality. These Huawei phones will have to wait just a little bit longer to get the latest EMUI version.
(Via – Huaweiailesi)
EMUI 220.127.116.11 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 18.104.22.168 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 22.214.171.124, upgrading from EMUI 126.96.36.199. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 188.8.131.52 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.