Huawei is still delivering the December 2020 security patches for its devices. As recently, the company has begun sending the security improvements released in December 2020. These updates fix the different levels of exploits and issues including 1 critical and 11 high levels of CVEs. Below you can check the eligible models and build information.
- Huawei Enjoy Z
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Nova 8 SE
- Huawei MatePad Pro
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches
The above-listed device users can download and install the latest update on their respective smartphones and tablets, which protects them against threats and enhances system security.
Check the update instructions below.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro and Enjoy Z smartphone grabbing EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.202 upgraded from 10.1.1.199.
- Huawei Nova 8 SE smartphone grabbing EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.147/148 upgraded from 10.1.1.146/147.
- Huawei MatePad Pro and MatePad Pro 5G grabbing EMUI 11 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124.
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 grabbing EMUI 10.1.0.197 upgraded from 10.1.0.190.
Security: Integrates security patches released in December 2020 for improved system security.
According to the December 2020 security patch bulletin, the December security update fixes 1 critical and 11 high levels of CVE’s for improved system security.
POINTS TO KNOW BEFORE UPDATE:
- The update is rolling out in batches, so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not erase any data.
HOW TO UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.