Huawei P30 is one of the most versatile smartphones that Huawei has ever released, it comes with Leica quad-camera system with a revolutionary image processing system and far-reaching periscope zoom camera. Talking about the hardware, the P30 and P30 Pro has an excellent display, Kirin 980 processor, and a better software system.
The device was initially launched with EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9, later it was upgraded to EMUI 10.0 and then 10.1. The device is capable of running high-performance tasks and the company began testing EMUI 11 for this device in November last year.
After concluding the EMUI 11 beta testing for Huawei P30 devices in China, Huawei then moved on to the beta program for the devices in the global market. However, it remained limited to some users.
But the company later announced the EMUI 11 upgrade plan, which promised the rollout of EMUI 11 for the P30 and P30 Pro in the first quarter of 2021. Since we’re now running fast in Q1 2021, Huawei has finally begun the rollout of EMUI 11 for the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro, which the users have been eagerly waiting for.
As we can expect, the EMUI 11 rollout for the Huawei P30 flagship is in the early-stage and may take some time to cover all of the devices in the global market.
EMUI 11 brings a number of new improvements over the predecessor and installs the latest changes in the user interface for better performance and user experience.
Models for EMUI 11:
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users receiving EMUI 11 with version 188.8.131.52 and package size of 1.81GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
How to check for EMUI 11 update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipsters – Ezzat and Samer
EMUI 11 Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.