Launched in 2019, the Huawei P30 Pro is a flagship smartphone that sports a 6.47-inch OLED display, it is powered by Octa-core Kirin 980 processor, 40 MP Leica quad rear camera system, 32MP front camera, 4200mAh battery with 40W supercharge, 6/8GB RAM + 128/256/512GB ROM and more.
In the following year, the company relaunched this smartphone as a new “New Edition” called Huawei P30 Pro New Edition. It comes with the same specifications including display, processor, camera system, battery and EMUI 10.1 out of the box compared to the EMUI 9.1 on P30 Pro.
Huawei has already started to rollout EMUI 11 for the P30 Pro, ahead of this rollout, the P30 Pro New Edition users were concerned over their EMUI 11 eligibility as the company has now begun sending EMUI 11 for the Huawei P30 Pro New Edition smartphone. One thing to know that this rollout is still in early-stage and may take some to reach all users.
EMUI 11 comes with a number of new features and improvements for the user interface, always on display, UI animations, optimizations for multi-collaboration, and more.
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei P30 Pro New Edition receiving EMUI 11 with version 22.214.171.124 and package size of over 1.8GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
HOW TO CHECK FOR EMUI 11 UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
(via – huaweiblog)
Some Huawei EMUI 11 phones showing Google Play Protect error [sideload]
Although Huawei and Google have never been in an official conflict but being a US-based firm, Google had to withdraw its software service support from the Huawei smartphone. Under these circumstances, the Chinese phone maker introduced HMS (Huawei Mobile Services) as an alternative for the GMS (Google Mobile Services) for the users.
Yet, this is a temporary solution as the global users still rely on EMUI system software, a custom software skin of Google’s open-source mobile operating system – Android. But now seems that the leading internet service provider wants to completely block the Chinese users and smartphone from accessing the GSpace.
To be mentioned, the users of Huawei branded phones have discovered various alternative ways to use the GMS as undoubtedly it’s a big service platform with a massive userbase. On this matter, recent news discloses the users accessing GMS on Huawei EMUI 11 phones encountering Google Play Protect errors.
It’s well known that Huawei phones before the Huawei P30 series cannot access GMS app due to the lack of a Google Play Protect certificate. Therefore, Huawei phone users on EMUI 10.1 or EMUI 11 have to sideload these apps via different third-party solutions that aren’t safe but the consumers, most of the time, get success to port Google apps on the corresponding phones.
Before going into a deep discussion, let first know about this Google error.
Google Play Protect Error:
It’s a kind of scanning program to detect the application being installed on Android phones. It ensures devices’ safety by alerting the users against harmful apps and sometimes also removes them. If an app shows the play protected errors means, that has some potential to harm the device or breach the software policy.
Coming back to the topic, it’s not the first time when a Huawei EMUI 11 device is showing such an issue because it’s not an officially certified Google Android certified device or software.
Most interestingly, this is not a universal case, because other phones running on EMUI 10 such as Huawei Mate 30 Pro aren’t displaying this error and running fine, after sideloading G apps. On the other hand, users can still block the notifications using the IceBox or can use a Hybrid GMS from the Huawei AppGallery.
Huawei EMUI October 2021 Updates List
Huawei released the October 2021 EMUI security patch details ahead of time and the company has also confirmed the devices that will participate under the October 2021 EMUI security updates rollout program.
We know that Huawei has skipped the August security patch rollout for some of the Huawei devices, instead, the Chinese tech maker decided to put a send button in September for different models and in various markets around the globe.
But the biggest concern is that “whether and when Huawei will send a new major update to the global consumers?” In our view, it’s a pretty legit question and remained unexplored up until now. However, we may witness, the launch of HarmonyOS 3.0 at the Huawei Developer Conference 2021 alongside HarmonyOS 3.0.
Meanwhile, the security and software improvements update rollout continues to expand and there are a lot of new devices that are ready in line to receive their share of the software update.
Here, via this EMUI October 2021 updates List, you can access all of the rollout updates and their briefing that rolling out in the month of October 2021.
Huawei EMUI October 2021 updates:
October 9, 2021:
- Huawei Watch Fit New firmware update rolling out with version 126.96.36.199 upgrading from 188.8.131.52. This update also adds new Skipping Rope feature and optimizations for the system for improving system performance.
October 3, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, Enjoy Z 5G, and Maimang 9 5G receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206.
- Huawei Maimang 8 and Enjoy 9S getting new software with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11. This update brings important improvements for the system stability to improve the overall user experience and performance.
October 2021 Security Patch:
October 2021 EMUI security patch brings 46 fixes address by Google and 56 fixes address by the manufacturer Huawei. However, the company is still sending the September 2021 security release note to different regions.
Besides, this Chinese phone maker also published the HarmonyOS security patch details for September 2021. At the same time, it also started to roll out this update for various devices on HarmonyOS 2.0 by the start of this month.
October 2021 security patch fixes a total of 46 CVE, among them, there’s one critical level, 27 are of high level, and 2 medium level CVE fixes. In addition, 16 CVEs were already included in previously released fixes.
EMUI 12 Tracker: Eligible Device, Features and Release Date
Huawei has officially revealed all of the EMUI 12 features, inspired by new the HarmonyOS operating system for global users. This new EMUI version comes with a bunch of new features and improvements over EMUI 11 and provides a better user experience.
EMUI 12 features include:
- Minimalistic UI Design
- Motion Effects
- Font Weight
- Control Panel
- Notification Center
- Distributed File System
- Better MeeTime
- More Performance
- Enhanced Security
Check the detailed EMUI 12 features here (Link)
EMUI 12 Eligible Devices:
Currently, we don’t have any information about the eligible devices for the Huawei EMUI 12 or the rollout roadmap. However, if the rollout appears, then it’ll first begin with the Huawei Mate 40 series, P40 series, Mate 30 series and expand forward.
Meanwhile, this EMUI 12 tracker will keep you posted with the latest news regarding EMUI 12.
EMUI 12 Latest News: Tracker
August 28, 2021:
- Why Huawei has launched the latest EMUI version and why not rolling out HarmonyOS 2 for global users? Let’s find out more information on this report.
August 26, 2021:
- Huawei released all of the EMUI 12 features, yet a rollout map is still awaited.
August 10, 2021:
- We reported that the user interface of the EMUI 12 has HarmonyOS inspired user interface, which looks way better and intuitive compared to the EMUI 11 or previous-gen EMUI system.
August 5, 2021:
- Huawei launched Huawei Nova 8 smartphone in Russia that comes with a pre-installed EMUI 12 software system. Still, the base of this new software remains unknown for the meantime but it’s exciting for the consumers.
June 27, 2021:
- EMUI 12 appeared on the Huawei PC Manager app, the reference is ambiguous. However, the company later removed the reference from the app on July 27, 2021.