Launched in 2019, the Huawei P30 Pro is a flagship smartphone that sports a 6.47-inch OLED display, it is powered by Octa-core Kirin 980 processor, 40 MP Leica quad rear camera system, 32MP front camera, 4200mAh battery with 40W supercharge, 6/8GB RAM + 128/256/512GB ROM and more.
In the following year, the company relaunched this smartphone as a new “New Edition” called Huawei P30 Pro New Edition. It comes with the same specifications including display, processor, camera system, battery and EMUI 10.1 out of the box compared to the EMUI 9.1 on P30 Pro.
Huawei has already started to rollout EMUI 11 for the P30 Pro, ahead of this rollout, the P30 Pro New Edition users were concerned over their EMUI 11 eligibility as the company has now begun sending EMUI 11 for the Huawei P30 Pro New Edition smartphone. One thing to know that this rollout is still in early-stage and may take some to reach all users.
EMUI 11 comes with a number of new features and improvements for the user interface, always on display, UI animations, optimizations for multi-collaboration, and more.
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei P30 Pro New Edition receiving EMUI 11 with version 18.104.22.168 and package size of over 1.8GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
HOW TO CHECK FOR EMUI 11 UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
(via – huaweiblog)
EMUI 22.214.171.124 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 126.96.36.199 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 188.8.131.52, upgrading from EMUI 184.108.40.206. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 220.127.116.11 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
EMUI 13 Eligible Devices (Expected)
The season of EMUI 12 is already gone, and now we’re waiting eagerly for the next major upgrade – EMUI 13, there are various guesses and information that Huawei smartphone users want such as a roadmap and eligible devices.
However, there’s no official information available as of January 2023, which is a matter of concern.
Amid this long-term wait, EMUI 13 will bring major changes for smartphones, especially, the swipe-up icons gestures, and service widgets are likely to be the main highlights of this upcoming EMUI version. Meanwhile, the tech maker will also make improvements to the existing features.
Starting with the top tier, Huawei will bring EMUI 13 to the mid-range and then the budget models. Based on the past rollout plans and current observations, we’ve prepared a list of phones that could make their place in the EMUI 13 eligible devices list.
It is noted that the company will start EMUI 13 journey with beta testing, followed by the official rollout. Also, we’ll update this list of devices with official information, as soon as it arrives.
Below you can check all of the expected EMUI 13 devices.
- Huawei P50
- Huawei P50 Pro
- Huawei P50 Pocket
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate Xs 2
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Lite E
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Nova 10
- Huawei Nova 10 Pro
- Huawei Nova 10 SE
- Huawei Nova 9
- Huawei Nova 9 SE
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8i
- Huawei Nova Y70
- Huawei Nova Y70 Plus
- Huawei Nova Y90
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 5T
- Huawei Y9s
- Huawei Y8p
Of course! It’s not an official list but we’ll find it similar to what Huawei has decided for the future of these models.
Also, we’ll keep this article updated with new inputs, so stay connected.
Huawei Nova 5T awaits first 2023 software update
As for now, Huawei Nova 5T runs EMUI 18.104.22.168 with December 2022 security patch but there could be more that is awaiting us. Other than EMUI 12, Huawei Nova 5T users are also looking toward EMUI 13. However, the tech maker is yet to launch EMUI 13 roadmap and eligible devices.
You can download the latest software update by visiting Settings > then tapping on System & updates and then selecting Software updates from the menu. Do note that the phone may take some time to reach to server and bring back the build version.
The first 2023 software update for Huawei Nova 5T will come soon. You can also participate in the Twitter thread linked below.
Huawei Nova 5T Users! What's your phone's latest update?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) January 23, 2023
Huawei Nova 5T:
Huawei Nova 5T expands at 73.97mm, 154.25mm, and 7.87mm, and it weighs 174 grams. The phone comes in four colors – Crush green, Midsummer purple, black, and crush blue.
The display is a 6.26-inch screen with 16.7 million colors, a 96% color gamut, an LCD panel, and an FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels). The phone is powered by Kirin 980 octa-core chipset (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz) with Mali-G76 GPU and Dual NPUs.
This phone comes with EMUI 9.1, then upgraded to EMUI 10.0, EMUI 10.1, and EMUI 11, and it currently runs EMUI 12. It has a quad rear camera system including 48 MP (f/1.8 aperture AF) + 16 M (f/2.2 aperture FF) + 2 M (f/2.4 aperture FF) + 2 M (f/2.4 aperture FF), supports autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus).
The phone has a water drop notch to house a 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture, and supports fixed focal length.
According to the information, it boasts a 3750 mAh battery that you can recharge fast with a 22.5W charger. It supports GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band) / AGPS / Glonass / BeiDou / Galileo (E1 + E5a dual-band) / QZSS (L1 + L5 dual-band). Furthermore, it has Card reading mode / Point to point mode / Card simulation mode (make payment by SIM card, or HCE).