At the moment, all Huawei users are waiting to get their hands-on HarmonyOS and want to enjoy the new features as soon as possible. Currently, HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update rollout is limited to the Chinese variants and not available for global users.
HarmonyOS 2.0 brings a whole new user interface and features including a new home screen, service widgets, control panel, app guard, collaborative security, and more.
But only focusing on major software updates is good or sufficient for any smartphone. Well, the answer is absolutely not because software update brings security improvements, new features, improvements, and optimizations. which are essential for devices to give the best out of their hardware and software.
However, Huawei always tries to reach as many as users it can cover their devices with the latest software improvements according to their eligibility.
In a single month, Huawei releases many firmware updates along with EMUI upgraded versions for several devices. In this article, users will get full insights into all types of updates released by the company in July 2021.
Below you can check July 2021 feature/security updates archive.
July 31, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 7 5G receiving June 2021 security update for the global variants. Read more.
July 28, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series software patch comes with battery improvements. Read more.
July 24, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T June 2021 update improves system security with the new patch. Read more.
- Huawei P Smart S users began receiving June 2021 security updates. Read more here
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite getting a new software update that installs new apps and security patches. Read more.
July 23, 2021:
- HM OS 2 stable update released for Huawei P50 models. Read more.
July 22, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 7i began receiving June 2021 security improvement. Read more
- May 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei Mate Xs. Read more.
July 20, 2021:
- June 2021 update released for Huawei Enjoy 10S and Enjoy 10e smartphones. Read more
- The Latest Huawei P30 lite update with Celia and new apps continues to expand to more models. Read more.
July 19, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds 4i new update released, brings AI Life app support for iOS users.. Read more
July 18, 2021:
- July 2021 firmware update started to rollout for Huawei FreeBuds 4i. Read more
July 16, 2021:
- Display and Connection update released for Huawei Watch 3 series [Global]. Read more
July 15, 2021:
- Latest update of Huawei Watch Fit adds the lock screen password and call rejection feature [Global]. Read more
- Some users of Huawei P30 Lite receiving only May 2021 update, excluding new apps. Read more
July 13, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds 4 firmware update brings audio and Bluetooth improvements [Global]. Read more
July 12, 2021:
- May 2021 security patch released for Huawei Enjoy 10 and Enjoy 9e smartphones (EMUI 9.1). Read more
July 11, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Porsche Design gets system stability optimization with July 2021 firmware update. Read more
July 10, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 devices (EMUI 11) starts getting May 2021 security update [Global]. Read more
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) grabbing May 2021 security improvements. Read more
- New app, system and security improvements released for Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1). Read more
July 9, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro (EMUI 11) starts receiving May 2021 security improvements via new update [Global]. Read more
- Huawei P Smart 2021 (EMUI 10.1) began receiving May 2021 security update. Read more
- May 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 series smartphones. Read more
July 6, 2021:
- Huawei Mate X (EMUI 11) folding smartphone grabbing May 2021 security update. Read more
- Huawei Nova 7i (EMUI 10.1) receiving new apps and system stability improvements update. Read more
- May 2021 security patch for Nova 7i smartphone expanding in more markets. Read more
July 5, 2021:
- Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 (EMUI 9.1) update installs the May 2021 security update. Read more
- Honor 20 smartphone on Magic UI 4 getting May 2021 security improvements. Read more
July 3, 2021:
- Huawei Watch Fit (Elegant Edition) receiving lock screen password and call rejection features. Read more
- Huawei P30 Lite (EMUI 10) receiving Celia Voice Assistant and improvements with a new software update. Read more
- Honor 9X Pro smartphone (EMUI 9.1) picks up May 2021 security update [Global]. Read more
- New hearing and Bluetooth optimizations rolling for Huawei FreeBuds Pro in the global market. Read more
July 2, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro receiving system optimization with July 2021 firmware update. Read more
- Huawei P20 and P20 Pro getting Celia voice assistant, new apps, and security improvements, HarmonyOS 2 eligible. Read more
July 1, 2021:
- New service center and security improvements rolling out for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 inch. Read more
- Huawei debuts May 2021 security update for Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone [Global]. Read more
- May 2021 security patch released for Huawei Nova 7 5G and Nova 7 Vitality Edition. Read more
- The latest update for Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 brings a new service widget feature, and optimizations. Read more
- Huawei P20 Lite smartphone began collecting May 2021 security updates. Read more
Huawei P20 global users gets July 2021 security update
Huawei is releasing a new software update for the global consumers of the P20 device. This latest software rollout brings July 2021 security patch and comes with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.192. The July 2021 Huawei P20 security update is currently rolling out in Europe and may expand to more models soon. (via Huaweiblog)
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are eligible to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system upgrades in China. However, Huawei has not confirmed any such treatment for global users.
Coming back to this software update, the latest Huawei P20 series update is available to download via the following instructions. Visit, Settings > System & updates > Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available for your model, click on “download and install” and the update package will be download.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while upgrading to the latest Huawei P20 July 2021 update. First, backup your important data, so you won’t lose any of it. Although, the upgrade procedure won’t erase your date but it’s recommended.
Maintain enough storage on your device to store the update package, and keep the phone charged sufficiently, so it won’t run out of power during the installation procedure.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Launched in 2018, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro sports new AI-powered photography features. The Pro model is the first smartphone in the world to come with a triple camera system. In terms of software, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro come with EMUI 8.1 and after a number of major upgrades, the software version reached EMUI 10 (Android 10).
The latest rollout for the Huawei P20 lineup shows that the company still wants to keep the device study and provide better security as well as stable performance. Furthermore, this may be a step towards the global HarmonyOS opening? However, we’ll have to wait for more confirmation regarding this matter.
Until then, we’ll keep you posted.
Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates List
This month, Huawei released September 2021 EMUI security updates details ahead of time and continues to expand previously released patches. Currently, the rollout of June and July updates are on the move.
Last month, Huawei also revealed its new EMUI version – EMUI 12, but this new software remains under massive confusion or the global Huawei device owners. The EMUI 12 replicates the same feel of the HarmonyOS 2.0 user interface but clarification on its base software is still unsolved.
On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker is rapidly increasing the number of HarmonyOS powered devices, just recently, the company has crossed 90 million HarmonyOS installations in China alone.
This is quite an achievement, yet, it would be interesting if Huawei gives the same treatment for its global device owners that could further lead this number to new heights.
Amid these discussions, the wagon of regular EMUI software and security patches continues. Therefore, the Chinese phone maker keeps sending new upgrades to the Huawei phone users to improve their models.
With Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates list, we will keep full track of all the security and feature-packed updates rolling out for Huawei devices in September 2021 and brief you about them.
Note: This list of devices will be regularly updated
Huawei EMUI September 2021 updates:
September 20, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T getting September 2021 update rolling out after Huawei skips the August 2021 patch for this smartphone.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 smartwatch getting new features additions with the first beta rollout. Read more about this news here.
September 19, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet was released in 2018 and now this device is getting new apps as well as feature enhancements in the global market.
- Huawei Y9 2019 receiving new software update with new apps and security updates.
- Honor 9X Pro and Honor 10 Lite getting new software updates in the global market that installs June and July 2021 software updates.
September 17, 2021:
- New apps and features were released for the Huawei Nova 3i smartphone.
September 16, 2021:
- Following the so-called patch rollout, the P30 Lite is also receiving the July 2021 security patch with the latest rollout.
September 15, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e grabbing a new software update in the global markets that brings new feature improvements for better performance.
September 14, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro with EMUI 11 getting July 2021 security patch.
September 12, 2021:
- New Firmware optimizations rolling out for the Huawei Watch GT 2 with September 2021 firmware update.
September 11, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro getting Super Device support in China.
September 10, 2021:
- July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro in the global market.
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting July 2021 security patch.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting July 2021 security patch for improved system security.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 3 gets a new update with a number of new apps and a May 2021 security patch, that improves system security and provides a new user experience.
September 3, 2021:
- Huawei Band 6 Pro getting new optimizations for better performance.
September 2, 2021:
- Huawei FreeLace Pro wireless neckband earphones receiving new Bluetooth optimizations.
September 1, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite New Edition is receiving July 2021 security update for improved system security.
- Honor 20 Youth Edition gets the first September 2021 security update.
Huawei Nova 5T September 2021 update rolling out, skips August patch
The 48MP AI quad rear camera phone – Huawei Nova 5T is receiving the September 2021 security update. This new rollout also makes the skip of the August security patch and it’s a really important step toward the phone’s security perspective by keeping it update to date.
According to Huaweiblog, the Huawei Nova 5T September 2021 security update comes with EMUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 and a software package size of 174 megabytes. This software rollout is currently noted inside Germany (Europe) but may soon expand for more users.
This treatment is significant because it wasn’t even delivered to the flagship phones – Huawei P40 and Mate 40 series. However, the Chinese models with HarmonyOS 2.0 already completed such installation.
The latest Nova 5T EMUI 11 incremental update comes with several fixes for the security flaws in the system and allows users to safely keep all of the device’s data.
(image source – Huaweiblog.de)
Nova 5T EMUI 12:
With these fast rollouts and releases, Huawei seemingly preparing the Nova 5T for the next major software update but there’s no official confirmation available on this matter at the moment.
Huawei Nova 5T:
This phone comes with a powerful hardware configuration that includes Kirin 980 processor, quad AI rear camera, a 32MP selfie camera, and more.
How to download the Nova 5T:
You can download the latest Huawei Nova 5T update via Settings. To do this, open system settings, visit System & updates, thereafter, the users will have to push “Check for updates” followed by the corresponding update check. If an update is available, you can click “Download and Install”.
However, you must remember to keep a backup of your data to prevent the loss of important files on your device. Furthermore, keep an adequate level of battery backup on your phone to prevent battery outage during the installation. Once started, it may take some time to process the update and install it on the device.