Similar to the last month, Huawei is rolling out security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades for Huawei and Honor smartphones.
There are a lot of updates pushed in a single month and here you can check all of the software updates regarding EMUI, Magic UI, and Wearables in a single archive for July 2020.
Below you can check July 2020 feature/security updates archive:
- July 1, 2020: Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro on EMUI 10 getting June security update
- July 1, 2020: Honor X10 5G gets a new update with camera and other important optimizations
- July 1, 2020: HDR10 video support update rolling out for Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro and Enjoy Z
- July 3, 2020: June 2020 security update now available for Honor 10 lite
- July 5, 2020: July 2020 security update rolling out for Huawei Mate 30 Series (CN Models)
- July 5, 2020: Honor 8A receiving June 2020 security update
- July 6, 2020: Huawei Assistant and Smart Charge feature rolling out for Huawei Nova 3i in the Middle East
- July 6, 2020: 2016’s Huawei Mate 9 series receiving Smart Charge and other new features with a huge update size
- July 7, 2020: Battery life improvement and camera optimization rolling out for Huawei P40 series
- July 7, 2020: Honor 9X users in Europe receiving June 2020 security update
- July 8, 2020: Huawei P Smart 2019 gets June 2020 security update
- July 9, 2020: Honor X10 Max receiving two back to back initial updates with new features and optimizations
- July 10, 2020: New update for Honor 30 and 30S installs knuckle gestures, multi-device control panel and more
- July 10, 2020: Huawei Nova 7 series July software update brings camera and a number of new optimizations
- July 10, 2020: Honor 9 Lite and 9N getting smart features and June EMUI security update
- July 12, 2020: June 2020 security update released for Huawei MediaPad M5 lite
- July 13, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro on EMUI 10.1 begin receiving June 2020 security update
- July 13, 2020: Huawei P40 and P40 Pro receiving important optimizations for calling, multi-window mode, and more (CN-Model)
- July 14, 2020: July 2020 update rolling out for Honor View20 on Magic UI 3.0 (EMUI 10)
- July 14, 2020: Honor 20i receiving June 2020 EMUI security update
- July 15, 2020: Huawei Y9s receiving June 2020 security update
- July 16, 2020: Dual-view camera recording and AR Measure features released for Honor 30
- July 16, 2020: Huawei Nova 3i receiving June 2020 security update
- July 16, 2020: Smart features update now rolling for Huawei Y9 2019 users
- July 17, 2020: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 getting June 2020 security update in Mexico
- July 17, 2020: Huawei P30 lite June 2020 update rolling in the UK, no confirmation on EMUI 10.1
- July 20, 2020: July 2020 security update rolling out for Huawei Y9 2019
- July 21, 2020: Super Night Portrait Mode 3.0 and Camera focus update for Huawei P40 series expanding to more users
- July 22, 2020: Honor 9X series on EMUI 10.1 getting gesture navigation, system improvements and July 2020 security update
- July 24, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro on EMUI 10.1 receiving June 2020 security update in UK
- July 25, 2020: Honor 8X begin receiving July 2020 security update
- July 27, 2020: July 2020 update for Huawei Nova 7 series brings camera, security and other optimizations
- July 27, 2020: A 3.9GB update for Huawei Mate 20 Lite rolling with new smart features and fix for camera and calling
- July 27, 2020: [Update: Middle East] Huawei Nova 3i receiving July 2020 security update
- July 27, 2020: Honor 9A receiving first update in Europe, brings Petal Search, knuckle gestures and new security
- July 28, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro on EMUI 10.1 getting July 2020 security patch
- July 29, 2020: Huawei P40 Lite on EMUI 10.1 receiving June 2020 security update
- July 29, 2020: New security and feature updates rolling for Huawei Nova 5, Nova 5 Pro, Nova 5i, Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5Z
- July 30, 2020: Huawei Nova 6 series receiving July 2020 security and system stability improvement
- July 30, 2020: 2017’s Honor 7X getting VoWiFi, Smart Features and June security update
EMUI 10 Updates:
- July 1, 2020: Huawei Nova 4 receiving EMUI 10 in the Middle East
- July 3, 2020: EMUI 10 for Huawei Mate 10 Pro released in Italy
- July 6, 2020: [Update: Greece] EMUI 10 rolling for Huawei Mate 10 Series
- July 16, 2020: EMUI 10 for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 devices rolling out in Egypt and Iran (Middle East)
- July 24, 2020: [Update: Netherlands] EMUI 10 rolling for Huawei Mate 10 Series
- July 21, 2020: Huawei P20 and P20 Pro begin receiving EMUI 10 (Android 10) in Ireland
EMUI 10.1 updates:
- July 1, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro expanding in North Africa and Middle East
- July 1, 2020: Breaking: Huawei Mate 20 X 5G begin receiving EMUI 10.1 in Europe
- July 3, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users in South Africa starts receiving EMUI 10.1
- July 4, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro rolling in Denmark and Poland
- July 5, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro reaches UK
- July 7, 2020: [EE UK] EMUI 10.1 out for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro
- July 8, 2020: [Update: Serbia] EMUI 10.1 rolling out for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro
- July 8, 2020: EMUI 10.1 begins to roll out for Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- July 8, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro expanding in South Africa and the Middle East
- July 8, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro expanding in South Africa and the Middle East
- July 10, 2020: Magic UI 3.1/EMUI 10.1 rollout begins for Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro in Europe
- July 11, 2020: Huawei Mate X and Mate Xs gets stable EMUI 10.1
- July 12, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T users started receiving EMUI 10.1 in Europe
- July 13, 2020: Honor View20 starts getting Magic UI 3.1/EMUI 10.1 in Europe
- July 16, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro rolling out in Philippines (Southeast Asia)
- July 16, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 10.1 rollout begins in the Middle East
- July 21, 2020: Honor 20 and 20 Pro starts getting Magic UI 3.1 (EMUI 10.1) in the Middle East
- July 21, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T users in South Africa receiving EMUI 10.1
- July 20, 2020: Huawei Mate 20 X (4G) receiving EMUI 10.1 in the UK with colorful AOD
- July 22, 2020: Huawei P30 series receiving EMUI 10.1 in Mexico (North America), followed by Network optimizations
- July 23, 2020: [Rogers Canada] EMUI 10.1 starts to rollout for Huawei P30 series
- July 24, 2020: EMUI 10.1 begin to rollout for Huawei Nova 5T in UK
- July 25, 2020: [Update: Three UK] Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro receiving EMUI 10.1
- July 30, 2020: (Update: July 30) Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 10.1 update status [Countries]
- July 10, 2020: Huawei Watch GT 2 and Honor MagicWatch 2 receiving July 2020 update
- July 23, 2020: Huawei Watch GT receiving July 2020 update with issue fix
- July 26, 2020: Charging, Bluetooth optimizations and double tap to end phone call feature expanding for Huawei FreeBuds 3
Note: The article will be updated.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 foldable getting November 2022 EMUI update
In terms of the offering, the update has packed some useful fixes and improvements for the device’s security system. As a result, users will experience a more reliable and responsive system after feeding the new firmware to their handsets.
Interestingly, this is the second security update for the Huawei Mate Xs 2 folding phones within a month. With the onset of this month, the corresponding device owners received the October 2022 security patch.
However, users were expecting the latest firmware update for the flagship model. As of now, the wait is over and Huawei Mate Xs 2 can install the November 2022 update with the EMUI 184.108.40.206 version along with a 371MB package.
The update is appearing via OTA medium in the global region. In the meantime, you can sneak into the Settings menu to grab the latest build manually.
- Go to the Settings app
- Swipe up and select System & Updates option
- Select Software Updates
- Tap on the CHECK FOR UPDATES option
- Let the device search for the new firmware
- Click on Download and Install tab
Before proceeding, make sure that you have a sufficient amount of storage and battery level to conduct the installation. Also, take a backup of your important data to prevent any kind of loss.
Huawei Mate X3 coming soon!
Huawei never misses a chance to surprise its users with unique and interesting gadgets. In the latest development, we heard about the Huawei Mate X3 folding phone that could make an official debut in January, next year.
No doubt, the device will bring some amazing tugs and tweaks on board. While there is some time to get the first look at the upcoming foldable, you can get slight details from the link given below.
|| Source ||
EMUI 13 Features: Super Device, App Gestures, Widgets, SuperStorage and more
Huawei EMUI 13 is a complete reflection of the HarmonyOS 3 operating system and make no mistake to differentiate both of these. With EMUI 13, Huawei has rained a new type of excitement for global phone users with a bunch of new features.
Although, EMUI 13 is kind of similar to the last version but the new features are something that you haven’t seen before in an EMUI software ecosystem. The level of accessibility and enrichment brought in by this new EMUI will further scale your user experience.
so, without further ado, let dive right into it.
EMUI 13 Features:
- App Swipe Up Gesture
- Service Widgets
- Stack Widgets
- Group Widgets
- Smart Folders
- Drag to share
- Multi-Tasking and Sharing
- Share Music
- Privacy and Security
- Photo Security
App Swipe up gesture:
This is feature was introduced with HarmonyOS 2 but doesn’t come with EMUI 12. Therefore, EMUI 13 is the software that finally brought in-app swipe-up gestures also known as app snippets.
The feature works as a trigger to expand app features such as the app’s own service widget or set of key features. This allows you to launch a specific feature on the spot. However, you can also pin an app’s service widget on the home screen.
Making its grand debut in the EMUI universe, service widgets are home screen cards that provide quick access to an app’s key features or reading. For example, the health widget will show you consumption, as well as step counts, and the camera widget will let you take photos in four different modes. Widgets come in different sizes to fit in the layout.
Stack and Group Widgets:
To save space and keep the home screen layout clean, there are two additions – stack widgets and group widgets. These two features work according to their names but are quite helpful.
The new Large Folders are now smarter than ever, it comes in a variety of sizes, and you just need to hold and stretch the anchor to resize large folders according to the app inside the folder.
Drag to share:
Sharing is further improved and becomes accessible, long press on any text, pic, or file that catches your eye, drags it to SuperHub, and paste or share it to any app or connected device. You can find, reuse, and delete previously pasted and shared content with ease.
Super Device is a way to go, and it’s finally here. EMUI 13 brings you a Super Device feature that supports collaborations between a wider range of devices – including the Huawei Vision, Huawei MateBook, and Huawei MatePad Paper, Eyewear, Earbuds, Smartwatches, Tablets, and more.
Multi-screen collaboration now comes with a landscape window mode, which allows you to open apps in large landscape windows to maximize the view.
Another EMUI 13 feature allows you to shoot from any angle on any connected phone, and get a side-by-side view on a single screen. During video chats, you can switch between the cameras on your different devices, which is the next level of innovation.
Want to share music with your friend from a smartphone? Yes, you can do that with EMUI 13, just connect the FreeBuds devices and share up to two earbuds at the same time. While also controlling volume level.
EMUI 13 brings you this unique capability, SuperStorage to clear up to 20GB of storage space by stacking duplicate files, compressing less-used apps, and eliminating unnecessary re-downloads to create room for your important storage requirements.
Privacy and Security:
EMUI 13 takes care of the privacy and security of your Huawei smartphone. This happens with the courtesy of the privacy center and security center to review app access, and personal data and inform you about the device’s vital information.
One of the innovations that EMUI 13 has over its competitor is the Sensitive information removal tool that could remove picture location, time, and device model used to shoot the picture.
Huawei EMUI November 2022 Updates List
Meanwhile, we also noted that the release of the October 2022 security patch for flaghip phones – P50 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, and P40 Pro is still in the air. As these phone users continue to ramp up reports on the receiving.
Still, we don’t have a clue about EMUI 13, yes, Huawei has not released a roadmap or testing details on this upcoming EMUI version. On the other hand, fans are waiting eagerly to get their hands on the next EMUI version.
As revealed in the listing, EMUI 13 comes with new features and optimizations over EMUI 12. This version has brand-new service widgets, and an improved large folder system with more layouts. Huawei has also increased safety with new security and privacy center.
Amid this software-related stuff, we also noticed that Huawei is expanding the reach of the Mate 50 series in different countries. To be mentioned, Mate 50 lineup is the first to pre-pack with EMUI 13 software. Yet, a rollout for old devices is what everyone is looking at.
Furthermore, Huawei Nova Y61 also marked the debut for global consumers. It features a 50MP triple AI-powered camera system and comes with a 22.5W super fast charger, 5000mAh battery, and EMUI 12 software.
Aside from all of the action-packed sequences, this article will give you updates on each Huawei EMUI firmware rollout happening in the month of November 2022. Check them below.
It’s time to wrap up the archive of software updates for November 2022. Thanks for tuning in.
November 30, 2022:
- November 2022 EMUI software update out for Huawei P50 Pocket flip foldable device.
November 28, 2022:
- Huawei Sound Joy is receiving November 2022 software update that brings stability improvement for a better user experience.
- Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in Europe is getting November 2022 EMUI security patch. Don’t forget to fetch it.
- Huawei is improving Mate 40 Pro with November 2022 software update and it’s rolling out in the global market.
- Huawei P40 Pro users grip November 2022 EMUI 12 software security release.
November 26, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 smartphone is getting November 2022 EMUI security patch that installs various new improvements for the system.
November 25, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone in the global market installing November 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 220.127.116.110.
- Huawei Nova Y70 smartphone is receiving November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI 18.104.22.168 build version.
- Huawei P50 Pro is receiving November 2022 security update with EMUI 12 version 22.214.171.1246. However, users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users with EMUI 12 are receiving November 2022 security update. The phone is getting this new firmware with version 126.96.36.199.
November 24, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Lite is getting a new software update with EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.52 and patches to improve the phone’s security.
November 21, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out VOTE and VoWiFi HD feature for some flagship including Huawei P40 Series, Mate 40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro global models running EMUI 12 software.
- Huawei P40 Pro global units are getting November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI version 184.108.40.2060.
November 15, 2022:
- In some markets, Huawei Mate 50 Pro users are reported of upgrading over HarmonyOS 3 from EMUI 13. Read more.
November 10, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite is getting October 2022 security update in Europe that comes with EMUI 220.127.116.11. However, the update doesn’t include any additional changes.
- Huawei is sending a new software patch for Nova 9 SE smartphone that installs important system improvement patches for the users.
November 8, 2022:
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users are getting EMUI 12 in more countries
November 2, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs 2 and P50 Pro smartphones are getting October 2022 patches with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively. These two software rollouts are important to improve the phone’s security.
November 1, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is one of the last smartphones to get the October 2022 EMUI security patch in November, yet it’s important that the phone is still getting a new software update, as it runs on EMUI 12.
- Huawei P40 Pro is one of the most remarkable smartphones in the industry and it has been served October 2022 security patch with EMUI 126.96.36.1996 version.