Huawei has confirmed the launching of EMUI 11 for Huawei Developer Conference 2020 (HDC 2020) on September 10, 2020. Meanwhile, the rollout of EMUI 10.1 and EMUI 10 is in progress for several devices.
As usual, Huawei is rolling out security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades for Huawei and Honor smartphones.
There are a lot of updates pushed in a single month and here you can get the latest insights of all of the software updates regarding EMUI, Magic UI, and Wearables in a single archive for August 2020.
Below you can check August 2020 feature/security updates archive:
- August 1, 2020: Huawei Mate 30 Pro receiving July 2020 security update in Europe
- August 1, 2020: AI Touch improvements and July 2020 security update rolling for Huawei P40 series (CN-Models)
- August 3, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T on EMUI 10.1 receiving July 2020 update
- August 5, 2020: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 starts receiving July 2020 security update
- August 5, 2020: [Update: India] Honor 9A first update brings Petal Search, knuckle gestures and new security
- August 5, 2020: July 2020 security update starts to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro on EMUI 10.1
- August 6, 2020: (Update: Camera and Fingerprint Optimizations) Huawei Nova 7 Series Updates [August 6, 2020]
- August 6, 2020: Huawei P Smart 2019 receiving July 2020 security update
- August 6, 2020: (Update: Honor 9X Pro) Honor 9X receiving July security patch in Europe, EMUI 10.1 rollout yet to start
- August 6, 2020: Smart Eye-tracking feature update rolling out for Huawei P40 series in the UK
- August 7, 2020: 4 years old Huawei P9 still getting security update, latest version brings July security and smart charge
- August 11, 2020: Huawei P30 Lite receiving July 2020 security update in UK
- August 12, 2020: Honor Play receiving a large software update with camera, calling improvements, smart features and more
- August 14, 2020: (Update: Smart Eye Tracking and Super Night Portrait) Huawei P40 Series Software Updates [August 14, 2020]
- August 15, 2020: (Camera, Network, System Optimizations) Honor X10 series updates [August 15, 2020]
- August 16, 2020: Huawei Assistant and July 2020 security update rolling out for Honor 10 Lite
- August 18, 2020: August 2020 security update starts to rollout for Huawei P40 series
- August 18, 2020: Huawei P20 and P20 Pro on EMUI 10 receiving July security update
- August 20, 2020: Huawei P20 lite receiving new smart features alongside July 2020 security update
- August 21, 2020: Huawei P20 and P20 Pro on EMUI 10 grabbing July 2020 security update in Europe
- August 22, 2020: Wow, Huawei Mate 8 (5 year old) getting smart feature with August software update
- August 22, 2020: (Update: Europe) Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro on EMUI 10.1 receiving August 2020 security update
- August 24, 2020: Honor 8X and Honor 9n getting August EMUI security update
- August 24, 2020: Huawei Assistant and Smart Charge update once again rolling out for some Huawei P30 Lite users
- August 25, 2020: Huawei Mate 30 series receiving August EMUI security update
- August 26, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T on EMUI 10.1 receiving August security update
- August 26, 2020: Camera optimization, Petal Search, Knuckle gestures rolling out with first update for Honor 9S
- August 26, 2020: Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro begin receiving EMUI 10.1 in Brazil (Latin America)
- August 26, 2020: Huawei P Smart 2018 receiving Huawei Assistant and Smart Charge with a new software update
- August 27, 2020: Huawei P30 Lite begin receiving August EMUI security update
- August 28, 2020: Honor 10 Lite receiving August EMUI security update
- August 29, 2020: August 2020 security update rolling out for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
- August 30, 2020: Huawei Y9 2019 receiving August EMUI security update
- August 30, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro begin receiving August 2020 security update
- August 30, 2020: A massive software update rolling out for Huawei P20 and P20 Pro with Smart Charge and Huawei Assistant
- August 31, 2020: Huawei P40 series receiving August EMUI security update in the UK
- August 31, 2020: Congratulations Honor V10 users, you are receiving a 4.11GB update for Huawei Assistant and new security patch
EMUI 10.1 updates:
- August 4, 2020: (Update: Mexico) Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 10.1 update status [August 4, 2020]
- August 7, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T receiving EMUI 10.1 in Ghana (West Africa), followed by July 2020 security update
- August 12, 2020: [Update: Honor View20] Magic UI 3.1 (EMUI 10.1) starts to rollout for Honor 20 in India
- August 17, 2020: (Update: UK) Huawei Nova 5T on EMUI 10.1 receiving July 2020 update
- August 22, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei P30 Pro finally released in India
- August 25, 2020: EMUI 10.1 rolling out for Huawei Mate 20 Pro in India
EMUI 10 Updates:
- August 29, 2020: [Update: Koodo] Rogers, Telus, Fido rolling out EMUI 10 for Huawei P20 and P20 Pro in Canada
- August 10, 2020: Huawei FreeBuds 3 receiving new update with improvements for playback quality and wear detection
Note: The article will be updated.
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update rolling out
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the users. This new software update has a new security update. However, there are no other changes that have been spotted in the software build. According to the Huaweiblog, the EMUI 10.0.0.491 software update for the Huawei P30 Lite is rolling out in Europe. Therefore, it may take some time to reach out to every P30 lite owner in the region as well as in the global market.
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security patch comes with several fixes for the threats and vulnerabilities that could half your personal data. Therefore, we recommend you install this upgrade as soon as it appears.
If you want to update the latest Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security, visit system settings, go to Software & updates, tap on Check for updates and then download updates.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
However, it’s recommended that you keep sufficient storage before upgrading to the latest EMUI version. Keep an adequate amount of battery levels on your phone and connected to the internet while downloading the update package.
Huawei P30 lite comes with a triple camera system that helps you take amazing photos. The has a Kirin 710F processor and runs EMUI 8.1 out of the box. Since its unveiling, the phone has received two major software updates – EMUI 9 and EMUI 10. However, the phone didn’t receive EMUI 11.
On the other hand, the phone in China is eligible for the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Still, there’s no confirmation about its global major upgrade, which is highly awaited by the consumers.
How to update:
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 update is rolling out gradually and you can download it via the settings > System & software > software update > Check for Updates. If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your screen. Before downloading the latest software update, you need to maintain a sufficient amount of storage on your device. Back up important to prevent an uncertain action and keep your phone charged to prevent low power issue.
TCL’s latest phone runs Huawei EMUI 12 software system
A few weeks ago, Chinese electronics maker – TCL launched its latest smartphone – FFALCOn Thunderbird FF1 smartphone with a full view display and rear triple camera system. And recent exposure to news reveals that this TCL phone comes with a Huawei EMUI 12 software system.
According to the Weibo tipster – WHYLAB, TCL Thunderbird smartphones come with pre-installed Huawei EMUI 12 software. The screenshots shared by the blogger confirm that the device has EMUI 12.0.1. However, there’s no confirmation about its relationship with HarmonyOS or Android.
Huawei EMUI 12 comes with a brand new user interface that is designed similar to the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. The UI is completely renovated with maximized additions and animations in the UX. However, Huawei has not revealed any specific rollout dates for this new EMUI version.
If you want to learn more about the EMUI 12 software, check out our detailed EMUI 12 article linked below.
TCL has partnered with Huawei to sell its latest smartphone, this new model is available to purchase through Huawei’s online stores. Furthermore, TCL is not selling devices on its official store instead it gave it directly to the Chinese tech giant.
Featuring a curved edge minimal-bezel design, this smartphone has a 6.67-inch screen with a high refresh rate of 120 Hz. The display has a pill-shaped design on the front, meanwhile, the square camera module houses a triple camera design with an LED flash at the back.
It offers 5G network accessibility with the support of the Snapdragon 690 chipset. Besides, its two beautiful colors give it a more graceful look. Furthermore, its rear lenses include a 64MP primary camera with f/1.9, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera of f/2.4 with 120 degrees, and a 2MP macro lens of f/2.4.
In terms of charging, its 4300mAh battery supports 66W fast charging. Moreover, it only takes 17 minutes to complete 60% charging and 40 minutes for a complete charge. In addition, the power button mounts a fingerprint scanner that can also enable the voice assistant.
Huawei P20 global users gets July 2021 security update
Huawei is releasing a new software update for the global consumers of the P20 device. This latest software rollout brings July 2021 security patch and comes with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.192. The July 2021 Huawei P20 security update is currently rolling out in Europe and may expand to more models soon. (via Huaweiblog)
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are eligible to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system upgrades in China. However, Huawei has not confirmed any such treatment for global users.
Coming back to this software update, the latest Huawei P20 series update is available to download via the following instructions. Visit, Settings > System & updates > Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available for your model, click on “download and install” and the update package will be download.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while upgrading to the latest Huawei P20 July 2021 update. First, backup your important data, so you won’t lose any of it. Although, the upgrade procedure won’t erase your date but it’s recommended.
Maintain enough storage on your device to store the update package, and keep the phone charged sufficiently, so it won’t run out of power during the installation procedure.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Launched in 2018, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro sports new AI-powered photography features. The Pro model is the first smartphone in the world to come with a triple camera system. In terms of software, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro come with EMUI 8.1 and after a number of major upgrades, the software version reached EMUI 10 (Android 10).
The latest rollout for the Huawei P20 lineup shows that the company still wants to keep the device study and provide better security as well as stable performance. Furthermore, this may be a step towards the global HarmonyOS opening? However, we’ll have to wait for more confirmation regarding this matter.
Until then, we’ll keep you posted.