Huawei has confirmed the launching of EMUI 11 for Huawei Developer Conference 2020 (HDC 2020) on September 10, 2020. Meanwhile, the rollout of EMUI 10.1 and EMUI 10 is in progress for several devices.
As usual, Huawei is rolling out security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades for Huawei and Honor smartphones.
There are a lot of updates pushed in a single month and here you can get the latest insights of all of the software updates regarding EMUI, Magic UI, and Wearables in a single archive for August 2020.
Below you can check August 2020 feature/security updates archive:
- August 1, 2020: Huawei Mate 30 Pro receiving July 2020 security update in Europe
- August 1, 2020: AI Touch improvements and July 2020 security update rolling for Huawei P40 series (CN-Models)
- August 3, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T on EMUI 10.1 receiving July 2020 update
- August 5, 2020: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 starts receiving July 2020 security update
- August 5, 2020: [Update: India] Honor 9A first update brings Petal Search, knuckle gestures and new security
- August 5, 2020: July 2020 security update starts to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro on EMUI 10.1
- August 6, 2020: (Update: Camera and Fingerprint Optimizations) Huawei Nova 7 Series Updates [August 6, 2020]
- August 6, 2020: Huawei P Smart 2019 receiving July 2020 security update
- August 6, 2020: (Update: Honor 9X Pro) Honor 9X receiving July security patch in Europe, EMUI 10.1 rollout yet to start
- August 6, 2020: Smart Eye-tracking feature update rolling out for Huawei P40 series in the UK
- August 7, 2020: 4 years old Huawei P9 still getting security update, latest version brings July security and smart charge
- August 11, 2020: Huawei P30 Lite receiving July 2020 security update in UK
- August 12, 2020: Honor Play receiving a large software update with camera, calling improvements, smart features and more
- August 14, 2020: (Update: Smart Eye Tracking and Super Night Portrait) Huawei P40 Series Software Updates [August 14, 2020]
- August 15, 2020: (Camera, Network, System Optimizations) Honor X10 series updates [August 15, 2020]
- August 16, 2020: Huawei Assistant and July 2020 security update rolling out for Honor 10 Lite
- August 18, 2020: August 2020 security update starts to rollout for Huawei P40 series
- August 18, 2020: Huawei P20 and P20 Pro on EMUI 10 receiving July security update
- August 20, 2020: Huawei P20 lite receiving new smart features alongside July 2020 security update
- August 21, 2020: Huawei P20 and P20 Pro on EMUI 10 grabbing July 2020 security update in Europe
- August 22, 2020: Wow, Huawei Mate 8 (5 year old) getting smart feature with August software update
- August 22, 2020: (Update: Europe) Huawei Mate 20 and 20 Pro on EMUI 10.1 receiving August 2020 security update
- August 24, 2020: Honor 8X and Honor 9n getting August EMUI security update
- August 24, 2020: Huawei Assistant and Smart Charge update once again rolling out for some Huawei P30 Lite users
- August 25, 2020: Huawei Mate 30 series receiving August EMUI security update
- August 26, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T on EMUI 10.1 receiving August security update
- August 26, 2020: Camera optimization, Petal Search, Knuckle gestures rolling out with first update for Honor 9S
- August 26, 2020: Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro begin receiving EMUI 10.1 in Brazil (Latin America)
- August 26, 2020: Huawei P Smart 2018 receiving Huawei Assistant and Smart Charge with a new software update
- August 27, 2020: Huawei P30 Lite begin receiving August EMUI security update
- August 28, 2020: Honor 10 Lite receiving August EMUI security update
- August 29, 2020: August 2020 security update rolling out for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
- August 30, 2020: Huawei Y9 2019 receiving August EMUI security update
- August 30, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro begin receiving August 2020 security update
- August 30, 2020: A massive software update rolling out for Huawei P20 and P20 Pro with Smart Charge and Huawei Assistant
- August 31, 2020: Huawei P40 series receiving August EMUI security update in the UK
- August 31, 2020: Congratulations Honor V10 users, you are receiving a 4.11GB update for Huawei Assistant and new security patch
EMUI 10.1 updates:
- August 4, 2020: (Update: Mexico) Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 10.1 update status [August 4, 2020]
- August 7, 2020: Huawei Nova 5T receiving EMUI 10.1 in Ghana (West Africa), followed by July 2020 security update
- August 12, 2020: [Update: Honor View20] Magic UI 3.1 (EMUI 10.1) starts to rollout for Honor 20 in India
- August 17, 2020: (Update: UK) Huawei Nova 5T on EMUI 10.1 receiving July 2020 update
- August 22, 2020: EMUI 10.1 for Huawei P30 Pro finally released in India
- August 25, 2020: EMUI 10.1 rolling out for Huawei Mate 20 Pro in India
EMUI 10 Updates:
- August 29, 2020: [Update: Koodo] Rogers, Telus, Fido rolling out EMUI 10 for Huawei P20 and P20 Pro in Canada
- August 10, 2020: Huawei FreeBuds 3 receiving new update with improvements for playback quality and wear detection
Note: The article will be updated.
EMUI 12 Rollout Schedule for Russia and Central Asia
Since January 2022, Huawei has started the rollout of stable EMUI 12 software updates in the global market. EMUI 12 comes with a brand new user interface, which is much better than EMUI 11. It also comes with new features and improvements to provide a next-level experience somehow similar to HarmonyOS.
Global Huawei consumers seem excited to install the latest EMUI 12 software system. The major Huawei, device market includes Europe, the Middle East, Russia, and more. Speaking about Russian Market has also a prominent smartphone with a large number of shipped units.
So, Huawei users are you belong to Russia and Central Asia? Yes! do you know about your device’s EMUI 12 rollout status and related information? Early this month, Huawei released an EMUI 12 rollout schedule for eligible devices worldwide.
The official schedule also contains information about EMUI 12 rollout for the Huawei devices available in Russia along with their current status. You can check the full roadmap below.
Updated on June 27, 2022:
EMUI 12 rollout schedule for Russia and Central Asia
- Huawei P40 Pro+: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei Mate Xs: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei P40 Pro: Completed (Middle of February 2022)
- Huawei P40: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei P40 Lite: Completed (Early March 2022)
- Huawei Mate 20: Completed ( Middle of May 2022)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Completed (Early April 2022)
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design: Completed (Middle of April 2022)
- Huawei Nova 5T: Completed (Middle of April 2022)
- Huawei P30: Pushing in batches (End of March 2022)
- Huawei P30 Pro: Pushing in batches (End of March 2022)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei Enjoy 20 SE (EMUI 10) getting May 2022 security update
Launched in 2021, Huawei Enjoy 20 SE smartphone users have started collecting the May 2022 security update. The update installs the latest improvements for system security and stability to enhance the device’s functionality.
It has been a long time since the corresponding device users grabbed the improvement patch. Consequently, the previous version came with April 2022 security patch with several fixes for critical, high, and medium levels of CVEs for the device.
Similarly, the latest May 2022 security update for Huawei Enjoy 20 SE brings new fixes related to the audio functions, voice ID application, and other focal points of the system. Users can identify the update with the build number EMUI 10.1.1.173.
The update is appearing through the OTA medium and will hit the device in some days. In the meantime, users must ensure to keep checking the update section and also the My Huawei app that ultimately allows requesting the newest firmware version.
However, before moving on to the update procedure, users must understand the following instructions:
- The new update may have a huge package size, thus, users must use a stable Wi-Fi connection to download the software.
- Users must have the base EMUI version 10.1.1.172 for installing the latest update.
- Aside, users must verify the storage space beforehand, so that the software can fit in the phone easily.
- The smartphone must have a battery level of 45 percent for a fruitful installation procedure.
- Though the update would not harm any data, we suggest taking a backup of the device.
How to check for updates?
Just go to the Settings app of the phone menu. Further, swipe down and select System & Updates > Software Updates. Next, tap on the Check For Updates, and follow the on-screen norms. As you see a suitable update on the screen, select the Download & Install tab.
- This update improves system security with security patches
- May 2022 security patches have been integrated for better system security.
- Adapting model: Huawei Enjoy 20 SE PPA-AL20
Huawei Mate Xs EMUI 126.96.36.199 update is necessary to install
Huawei has started to rollout an EMUI 188.8.131.52 software update for the global version of Mate Xs 2 foldable phone, the phone users can get this update necessary rot improve the system security and improve the phone’s overall performance.
EMUI 184.108.40.206 software package has a size of 270MB and the update is currently expanding among consumers gradually. To be mentioned, the update has security patches released this month to fix the latest issues in EMUI firmware.
A few months ago, Huawei launched Mate Xs 2 foldable phone for consumers. The phone is available to purchase also in the global market, which is a matter of surprise.
While its Chinese version HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system, the global variant has EMUI 12 pre-installed, which is almost similar to the Chinese counterpart in terms of looks and feel.
Unlike the first generation Mate Xs, the Mate Xs 2 is equipped with a new processor Snapdragon 888 4G, featuring octa-core architecture – Octa-core, 1 x Cortex-X1 at 2.84 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz. The phone also brings better graphics performance provided by Adreno 660 GPU.
Similar to the Mate Xs 2 and Huawei P50 Pro, the Chinese tech giant has kept Huawei Mate Xs 2’s camera department filed with new hardware capabilities. It features a 50MP triple rear camera system. While there’s a wide-angle camera ready to take your selfies up from the front.
Huawei Mate Xs EMUI 220.127.116.11 update is currently rolling in batches and you can download this firmware via Settings > System & updates and then tap on Software updates. From here you can follow the on-screen instructions to get the software update onboard.
However, before you move on to download this update, make sure you get the update instructions and understand them easily. We suggest you to get a backup of your important files to prevent unwanted deletion and then make sure you’ve sufficient battery backup to keep your phone up and running, while the update installs.
(source – huaweiblog)