February 2022 is here! As always, Huawei continues the rollout of the latest HarmonyOS software updates for its devices. The software update includes the security patch, features, improvements, and optimizations to enhance the overall performance of the system.
Just a few days ago, Huawei has put the February 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details on the HarmonyOS security bulletins. The details show that it brings fixes for 42 CVEs found in the kernel, system, and third-party libraries.
At the moment, Huawei has not started the rollout of the latest February 2022 security update for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the users running on HarmonyOS 2 software system have started waiting for the next version of HM OS.
Meanwhile, global Huawei users are eagerly waiting to get hands-on Huawei’s self-developed – HarmonyOS operating system. On the other hand, it was reported Huawei has delayed the launch of HarmonyOS and debuted EMUI 12 with a similar experience.
Coming to the software update, Huawei HarmonyOS users if any update pop-ups on the device, download and install it as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can also check or request the update through the phone’s settings or the My Huawei app.
So, in this article, you can get all the insights of all types of HarmonyOS updates released in the month of February 2022 for Huawei devices.
Huawei HarmonyOS February 2022 Updates:
February 24, 2022:
- Huawei MatePad Pro getting January 2022 software update [CN] Read more
February 22, 2022:
- Huawei P50 is receiving January 2022 HarmonyOS optimization update. Read more
- HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 update rolling out for Honor 9X series [CN]. Read more
February 19, 2022:
- Huawei has released a new HarmonyOS software update for Honor Magic 2 that brings January 2022 security improvements. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out a HarmonyOS software update for Honor Tablet V6 that mainly installs the security patch released in January 2022. Read more
- Huawei has released the January 2022 security patch for several devices running on the HarmonyOS system. Read more
February 18, 2022:
- Honor 30S users have started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that installs January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving a new software update with version 188.8.131.52. Read more
February 17, 2022:
- Huawei P50 Pro smartphone has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 SP6 update. Read more
- Honor V20 series smartphone users are receiving January 2022 HarmonyOS software update. Read more
- Honor 30 series smartphone users began collecting the latest HarmonyOS software update that contains January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei has released the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for the Huawei Mate X2. Read more
February 16, 2022:
- Huawei Maimang 9, a China-exclusive smartphone is installing the January 2022 security update, which is rolling out with HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11. Read more
- Huawei is pushing out the January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for Honor V30 series smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition is grabbing a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the January 2022 security patch. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei has begun the rollout of the latest February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. In this segment, the Honor 20 Youth Edition. Read more
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Honor 30 Youth Edition that brings January 2022 security patch for better system security. Read more
- Huawei has just released the January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the flagship Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei’s latest flagship smartphone – Huawei P50 Pro running on HarmonyOS has started receiving the January 2022 security update. Read more
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update released for the Huawei Mate 40E smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has kicked off a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei Mate 30E Pro that mainly installs the security patch released in January 2022. Read more
- Huawei is continuously dispatching the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch with the latest software update rollout for its devices. Read more
February 12, 2022:
- Huawei has kicked off the January 2022 HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 7 series smartphone in China. Read more
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G smartphone users are receiving the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for better system security. Read more
- Huawei is sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition China-exclusive smartphone. Read more
- Honor X10 smartphone users have begun receiving the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started to roll out a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G that mainly installs January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro smartphone owners have started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that install the security patch released in January 2022. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the HarmonyOS security update released in January 2022 for Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G for better system security. Read more
- January 2022 HarmonyOS security update is making its way to Huawei Mate Xs folding smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has pushed out a new HarmonyOS software update for Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition that prioritizes the installation of the January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei has kicked off the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 firmware update for Enjoy 20 Pro 5G smartphones. Read more
Broadcom BK7235 processor combines with OpenHarmony
Broadcom Integration Group recently launched a new BK7235 high-end processor and merged it with the OpenHarmony operating system. The chipset aims to enhance IoT connectivity and bring new improvements in the security aspects.
And to make these connections more reliable, Broadcom group has integrated a BK7235 processor in the OpenHarmony framework. Accordingly, it will facilitate the operating system with rich storage and a robust security structure.
On the other hand, it can provide numerous immediate options for commercial purposes. For instance, lightweight audio quality, new upgrades for functions, controlling management, and more.
Let’s understand the high-end BK7235 processor in detail.
BK7235 MCU Chipset – Two Versions
Broadcom BK7235 chip is an MCU (micro-controller unit). It has two variants: single-core and dual-core. The single-core chip installs a 656KB RAM and supports 26 GPIOs (General Purpose Input/Output), and a 5V direct power supply. It is appropriate for 5V smart home gadgets.
Meanwhile, the BK7235 dual-core version packs 800KB RAM and a high-speed 8MB Dynamic RAM (DRAM). Further, it supports single and multiple cloud connections, 48 GPIOs, dual microphones, a CIS camera, 16-bit LCD, and significant coding functions.
BK7235 processor – efficiency
Both versions use a self-developed security infrastructure to offer tough security protection for the entire operating system. Aside from the regular security components, the processor also equips the powerful P-384 encryption protocol to access verified algorithms.
It’s worth mentioning that the respective chipset has also qualified for the PSA level 1 safety certification. Hence, it will make useful changes in the OpenHarmony operating system.
Moreover, the processor easily operates and manages common, commercial, and authorized passwords. For instance AES, RSA, ECC, SM2, SM3, SM4, and more. Together, these qualities will help in providing efficient security protection to the IoT and other network devices.
In addition to the magnificent safety functions, the BK7235 chip is eligible for Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2, and supports various third-party network connections. Hence, the chipset could prove a beneficial implementation for the OpenHarmony community.
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 gets SuperHub feature with HarmonyOS 3 public beta
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets are grabbing the HarmonyOS 3.0 public beta update along with the smart SuperHub feature. The update also optimizes the system’s stability and improves the overall functioning of the gadget.
According to the information, the latest update for the MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users is arriving with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 build version and 1.0GB package size. It is recommended to opt for a standard Wi-Fi network for installing the new firmware.
Moreover, the update is only compatible with the following models:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-AL09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-AL19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W29)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W39)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G 10.8 (MRX-AN19)
Speaking of the additions, the fresh update brings the unique SuperHub feature for the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets. Eventually, this section allows you to easily share various content between different apps and devices.
On the other hand, you can simply drag and drop pictures, texts, documents, links, and more from one app to the SuperHub Transfer feature. Further, the update adds a new mouse pointer icon. This allows you to adjust the speed of the mouse pointer on the tablet.
What else? Well, the new update integrates the latest November 2022 security patch. As a result, you will experience a reliable and more responsive system after feeding the new update to your tablet.
HarmonyOS 3.0 public beta changelog
- Added the SuperHub (Smart Transfer feature) which enables you to share various content between apps and devices. Just long press and drag pictures, texts, links, and more to SuperHub.
- Added a new mouse pointer icon that allows adjusting the speed of the mouse pointer.
- Incorporates the November 2022 security patch to enhance the system security
You can install the latest update through the Settings menu. However, make sure that you have HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 as the baseline version. Also, take a backup of the device beforehand so that the new update may not harm your data.
Huawei MatePad Paper new update brings unique changes to Notes app
Huawei is rolling out a new update for the MatePad Paper global users that brings unique changes to the Notes application. While the update also holds useful optimizations for the device alongside.
The latest Huawei MatePad Paper update is quite interesting as it includes a new Notes app version. Eventually, this new app build will enhance the overall user experience. Besides, it provides a variety of new functions.
To begin with, the Notes app now supports multi-level folder placement. As a result, you can manually assemble the notes and subjects in the folders at your convenience. In addition, the new app version optimizes the syncing and copying features.
Aside from the Notes app, the MatePad Paper update also mends the device system. As of now, users can easily add an app to the sidebar by drag and drop method.
In terms of security, the fresh update brings the September 2022 improvements patch. This is a little strange point, as many of you might be expecting the November 2022 security patch for the tablets.
However, the corresponding patch has its own merits. It fixes 29 system exploits and resolves more than 37 third-party library vulnerabilities. Hence, we will recommend you install the latest firmware.
You can read the full changelog below:
System Applications: Notes
- Updated Notes app to 188.8.131.520 version
- Added multi-level folder feature
- Enhanced syncing function on tablets and phones
- Improves copying long content between pages and notebooks
- Allows bookshelf to group books by user-defined group names
System and Security:
- Enables the user to add an app to the sidebar by tapping and holding the app icon
- Integrates September 2022 security patch
- Increases system security and stability
While the update is appearing through the OTA process, you can sneak into the update section to install the firmware manually.
Although make sure that you have a sufficient amount of space for installation. Besides, keep the battery level above 35%. The update will not harm your essentials. Yet it will be better if you proceed with a backup.