February 2022 is here! As always, Huawei continues the rollout of the latest HarmonyOS software updates for its devices. The software update includes the security patch, features, improvements, and optimizations to enhance the overall performance of the system.
Just a few days ago, Huawei has put the February 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details on the HarmonyOS security bulletins. The details show that it brings fixes for 42 CVEs found in the kernel, system, and third-party libraries.
At the moment, Huawei has not started the rollout of the latest February 2022 security update for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the users running on HarmonyOS 2 software system have started waiting for the next version of HM OS.
Meanwhile, global Huawei users are eagerly waiting to get hands-on Huawei’s self-developed – HarmonyOS operating system. On the other hand, it was reported Huawei has delayed the launch of HarmonyOS and debuted EMUI 12 with a similar experience.
Coming to the software update, Huawei HarmonyOS users if any update pop-ups on the device, download and install it as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can also check or request the update through the phone’s settings or the My Huawei app.
So, in this article, you can get all the insights of all types of HarmonyOS updates released in the month of February 2022 for Huawei devices.
Huawei HarmonyOS February 2022 Updates:
February 24, 2022:
- Huawei MatePad Pro getting January 2022 software update [CN] Read more
February 22, 2022:
- Huawei P50 is receiving January 2022 HarmonyOS optimization update. Read more
- HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update rolling out for Honor 9X series [CN]. Read more
February 19, 2022:
- Huawei has released a new HarmonyOS software update for Honor Magic 2 that brings January 2022 security improvements. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out a HarmonyOS software update for Honor Tablet V6 that mainly installs the security patch released in January 2022. Read more
- Huawei has released the January 2022 security patch for several devices running on the HarmonyOS system. Read more
February 18, 2022:
- Honor 30S users have started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that installs January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving a new software update with version 126.96.36.199. Read more
February 17, 2022:
- Huawei P50 Pro smartphone has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52 SP6 update. Read more
- Honor V20 series smartphone users are receiving January 2022 HarmonyOS software update. Read more
- Honor 30 series smartphone users began collecting the latest HarmonyOS software update that contains January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei has released the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for the Huawei Mate X2. Read more
February 16, 2022:
- Huawei Maimang 9, a China-exclusive smartphone is installing the January 2022 security update, which is rolling out with HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206. Read more
- Huawei is pushing out the January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for Honor V30 series smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition is grabbing a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the January 2022 security patch. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei has begun the rollout of the latest February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. In this segment, the Honor 20 Youth Edition. Read more
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Honor 30 Youth Edition that brings January 2022 security patch for better system security. Read more
- Huawei has just released the January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the flagship Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei’s latest flagship smartphone – Huawei P50 Pro running on HarmonyOS has started receiving the January 2022 security update. Read more
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update released for the Huawei Mate 40E smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has kicked off a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei Mate 30E Pro that mainly installs the security patch released in January 2022. Read more
- Huawei is continuously dispatching the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch with the latest software update rollout for its devices. Read more
February 12, 2022:
- Huawei has kicked off the January 2022 HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 7 series smartphone in China. Read more
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G smartphone users are receiving the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for better system security. Read more
- Huawei is sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition China-exclusive smartphone. Read more
- Honor X10 smartphone users have begun receiving the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started to roll out a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G that mainly installs January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro smartphone owners have started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that install the security patch released in January 2022. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the HarmonyOS security update released in January 2022 for Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G for better system security. Read more
- January 2022 HarmonyOS security update is making its way to Huawei Mate Xs folding smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has pushed out a new HarmonyOS software update for Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition that prioritizes the installation of the January 2022 security patch. Read more
- Huawei has kicked off the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 firmware update for Enjoy 20 Pro 5G smartphones. Read more
New Widgets feature coming with HarmonyOS 3.0
HarmonyOS 3.0 is the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system that will drive more features into Huawei devices. Speaking of which, there’s news that HarmonyOS 3.0 OS will come with a new and improved widgets system and customization feature.
According to a new leak coming from a Weibo tipster, Huawei will focus further on the privacy and protection of the user’s data. On the other hand, HarmonyOS 3.0 will improve the widgets feature along with bringing new customizations.
A screenshot from the tipster shows a widget that will help you manage all of your essential permissions right from your home screen. On the other hand, it’ll also keep you updated with the number of each type of permission that you have granted so far including camera, microphone, location, internal storage, and more.
Widgets are an essential part of the HarmonyOS operating system and were introduced first in HarmonyOS 2.0. This feature is based on atomic services and shows you information right on your home screen coming from the system or from any installed mobile application that supports widgets features.
The simplicity of widgets allows you to create a shortcut to an application including a set of ‘key’ features, which enables direct interaction with that corresponding app without opening the app entirely.
The navigation is clear and easy to use, as you can select the size of each supported widget individually. This feature makes it lightweight and productive on the HarmonyOS device’s home screen.
A recent report reveals that the company is working on new improvements for the status bar of HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the report, there is some shuffling made between the icons that include the position of each icon that now sits on either the left or right of the display.
Talking further on this matter, these improvements are being made to utilize the overall workflow and combine them for maximum productivity while interacting with HarmonyOS 3.0.
HarmonyOS 3.0 is underway in developer beta testing and Huawei is working to arrange wide public beta testing as the launch nears potentially this month. We’ll keep you posted with further updates, stay tuned.
June 2022 HarmonyOS update for Huawei Mate Xs and Mate X out [CN]
Huawei has begun rolling out the latest June 2022 security update for the first generation Huawei Mate Xs and Mate X foldable smartphones. The firmware keenly works on improving the overall performance and increasing the stability of the device.
A few days ago, Huawei has pushed off the June 2022 security update for Mate Xs global consumers. Now the company is giving a chance to the respective device consumers residing in the home market to install an updated security patch.
As per the information, the new HarmonyOS firmware is approaching the users with version 18.104.22.168. Hence, the Mate Xs and Mate X users must have the base version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 respectively.
Apart from the presence of the new security patch, the changelog doesn’t highlight any specific additions to the system. However, users will find better improvements to the fingerprint module, video framework, and other kernel fixes in this update.
Moreover, the firmware fixes third-party library vulnerabilities that usually result in lagging of the device. Hence, to ensure a smooth and responsive system, the corresponding smartphone owners must download the new patch.
To know more about the patch: Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 June 2022 security patch details
How to update?
The update is hovering in the region in batches, and will shortly arrive on the smartphones. In the meantime, users can check into the update sections and My Huawei application, to download the software manually.
Download the update through Settings:
- Go to the Settings
- Tap on System & Updates
- Select the Software Updates
- Choose the Check for Updates option
- Hit the Download & Install button for the available update
Download the update through My Huawei App:
- Open the My Huawei App
- Visit the Updates tab
- Click on the Install option
Before you upgrade, make sure that you must have ample storage space and battery in your device. Besides, we suggest you take a backup of the essential files beforehand.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei Mate 30 series receiving HarmonyOS 188.8.131.523 update
Huawei is rolling out a new HarmonyOS software update for the Mate 30 series which includes the classic Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design, and Mate 30E Pro 5G smartphones. This new update showcases the build version as 184.108.40.2063 and carries a software package of 534 Megabytes.
Unlike other updates, the Huawei Mate 30 series HarmonyOS update does not integrate any new patch to its surface. However, there are some significant changes that you will notice after installing the latest firmware on the respective smartphones.
As the changelog reads, the new update mainly targets the stability and the security of the system. It enhances the internal protection of the device against minor bugs and exploits. Besides, it brings new improvements to the stability of the system, making it more firm and responsive to the user.
HarmonyOS Update Changelog:
- Security: Enhances system protection
- System: Improves system stability in certain situations
Currently, the update is expanding gradually among the corresponding device users. Hence, there might be some delay to cover all the eligible units. However, users can lean on manual methods to update their devices instantly, which is described, below.
A few days ago, Huawei has released the June 2022 security patch for the Mate 30 Pro smartphones running on EMUI 12 interface. With fixes to several high and medium levels of vulnerabilities, the June 2022 patch provides better functioning to the device.
Apart from the new updates, Huawei will soon unveil some new software such as HarmonyOS 3.0 and EMUI 13 in the market. Hence, the respective handset owners are looking forward to tasting a new experience in the future.
Moving back to the latest HarmonyOS update, you can check the adapting models for the new firmware, below.
Mate 30 (4G) TAS-AL00
Mate 30 (4G) TAS-TL00
Mate 30 (5G) TAS-AN00
Mate 30 Pro (4G) LIO-AL00
Mate 30 Pro (4G ) ) LIO-TL00
Mate 30 Pro (5G) LIO-AN00
Mate 30 RS Porsche Design LIO-AN00P
Mate 30EPro 5G LIO-AN00m
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter