Last October, Huawei launched its annual flagship series, Huawei Mate 40 with advanced hardware and software technology including a powerful Kirin 9000 processor, EMUI 11 operating system, 90Hz screen refresh rate, and more.
The Huawei Mate 40 series comes in four variants:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
Among these models, Huawei Mate 40 standard variant is equipped with Kirin 9000E processor, 50MP triple rear camera, 13MP selfie camera, 4200mAh battery, and more.
On the other hand, last December, Huawei began the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing program for limited devices including Mate 40 series smartphones, ahead of the official unveiling.
On June 2, Huawei has officially presented the HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones among the consumers. Simultaneously, the company started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for 18 devices.
The list of 18 devices also contains the models from Huawei Mate 40 lineup. Since then, these smartphones continuously receiving new features and improvements via OTA upgrades.
Under the public beta testing program, Huawei will send several HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei Mate 40 series beta update rollouts in China.
HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing is currently limited to Chinese users and may not be available for global users at the moment.
ROLLOUT TIMELINE FOR HUAWEI MATE 40 SERIES:
April 23, 2022:
- Huawei April 2022 software update reached to flagship – Huawei Mate 40 smartphone powered by HarmonyOS 2.0. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40E is receiving March 2022 security update. Read more
March 22, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 series is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 [CN]. Read more
March 04, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206SP12 beta changelog. Read more
March 01, 2022:
- February 2022 HM OS update rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E getting February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Series getting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E smartphone began collecting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
December 1, 2021:
- December 2021 update released for Huawei Mate 40 series(CN) read more.
- Huawei Mate 40E install December 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40E grabs November 2021 security update read more.
November 8, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G gets 220.127.116.11 update with November patch and features read more.
November 5, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 is receiving November 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
October 17, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 40 series rolling out read more.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 models getting HarmonyOS multi-window bug fix update read more.
August 18, 2021:
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 read more.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series will get new HarmonyOS version optimizations with improvements read more.
August 7, 2021:
- Celia optimizations rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series (HarmonyOS 2) read more.
July 28, 2021:
- Battery improvement patch released for Huawei Mate 40 series HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 23, 2021:
- All Huawei Mate 40 series (CN) users can now upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 12, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 system patch
Huawei has begun to roll out a new HarmonyOS 2.0 software patch for Huawei Mate 40 series smartphones that brings important optimization for Celia AI voice assistant.
July 5, 2021:
- Third HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40 series -HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
June 22, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40E – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199
This update brings optimizations for WiFi connectivity, new fixes for the Contact app, lock screen wallpaper issue, and system improvements for a better user experience.
June 19, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
This update brings optimizations for sound, display, internet stability, contact app, system, and more to enhance the overall system performance.
June 3, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206
The first HarmonyOS update for Mate 40 devices installs features consisting of a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a next-level user experience.
Huawei Mate 50 series gets new features update for camera, 3D avatar and more
Huawei is pushing a new software update for Mate 50 series that brings fresh improvements for the camera, brings new 3D avatar features, and system performance improvement.
Huawei Mate 50 series is the most recent and sole smartphone to launch with the HarmonyOS 3 operating system. And the company now has pushed off the second HarmonyOS 3 optimization update for the Huawei Mate 50 on the count.
The new Huawei Mate 50 series update clearly mentions the enhancements for Senior mode, optimizations for the camera, and shooting effects. Meanwhile, the user experience is better with 3D emojis.
The following below-mentioned features are optimized through the update:
- This update enhances the function of the Senior mode for more convent and safe use of the phone
- The performance of some game scenes and the camera shooting effect are optimized to improve the user experience
- In the account center, you can also create an exclusive 3D avatar for yourself, which can be used as an avatar or the screen-off display.
How senior mode works:
The Senior mode name itself reflects that helpful for older people. However, the font size on the device increases when a user activates the Elderly mode. With the text size increased, someone with poor vision would be able to read the words on the screen.
In short, the application icons and the text font behave similarly in elderly mode, they enlarge and become more streamlined for users’ convenience.
Back to the update, this new HarmonyOS 3 optimization update for the Huawei Mate 50 can be identified through the 220.127.116.11 build (C00E130R5P4). To experience all these enhancements just lift 848 MB of your data to download and install it.
What was Huawei Mate 50 first update bring:
The very first update for the Huawei Mate 50 brings compatibility for the FreeBuds 2. However, the HD spatial audio FreeBuds Pro 2 earphones will eventually be compatible with the Huawei Mate 50.
As a result, Mate 50 consumers will receive a massive assortment of unexpected components and numerous new upgrades to their innovative smart device.
New Huawei P50 Pocket update optimizes background task handling feature
New Huawei HarmonyOS 3 beta version and September 2022 security update both were awaited to-release for the Huawei P50 Pocket users, and Huawei smartly handles the situation by dispatching them together with a single update.
Yes! Huawei recently rollout the fourth beta version of HarmonyOS 3 for the uniquely designed P50 Pocket along with a new feature for better background task handling.
The new HarmonyOS 3 version for the Huawei P50 Pocket doesn’t bring any new features, but it optimizes the background task handling for smartphone smooth working, which can be degraded by excessive storage and junk files.
Huawei Task window clearing function: These features help your handset free from junk and other unusual stuff that bother your handset to run wisely. Through this update, the company optimizes the background task window handling feature to let you explore your smartphone free from junk and more.
- Huawei P50 Pocket (BAL-AL00)
- Huawei P50 Pocket (BAL-AL80)
If your Huawei P50 Pocket runs over the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 baseline, then you are smartphone is eligible to receive the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 fourth beta build version.
- Optimize the application task window clearing function
- Ingrate September 2022 security patch to enhance system security
September 2022 security patch for Huawei P50 Pocket:
With this two-in-one update for the Huawei P50 Pocket users, a question arises that this recent update with September 2022 patch is released for the HarmonyOS 3 tester. But what about the non beta testers?
Well, those who are not beta testers then they will receive a separate September 2022 security update based on the HarmonyOS 2 version. However, the aim to release the September 2022 security update along with the HarmonyOS 3 beta is just to protect the system of your device from bugs.
Non-beta tester of the Huawei P50 Pocket should wait a while to experience the September 2022 security patch. Just stay tuned with us for the latest info about the upcoming update.
Huawei Nova 5i receives September 2022 optimization update
Huawei is currently working to make HarmonyOS 3 beta compatible, to release its stable version soon for users. Here’s a kindness pop-up for the Huawei Nova 5i users as the company recently released an optimization update for the same.
It’s worthless to mention that Huawei always taking care of all of its models all around the world, no matter how old devices it is. Well, the Huawei Nova 5i smartphone is also one the famous and loveable among users.
But, it seems a little unfair for the Huawei Nova 5i users that they get the optimization update instead of the ongoing September 2022 security patch update. Alongside, there no indication for HarmonyOS 3 for the Huawei Nova 5i so far.
We have to wait a while to see the next step of the company, as there were only 2 batches of devices released to get the HarmonyOS 3 beta update. Huawei Nova 5i users should for the upcoming batches to know whether they receive it or not.
Huawei Nova 5i September 2022 update:
Well back to the title, the latest update for the Huawei Nova 5i make the device more compatible and stable for the users. It also improves the overall functionality of the system.
As per the info, Huawei bringing this new September 2022 optimization update on the surface of the HarmonyOS. The Chinese users can identify this update with the software version 126.96.36.1990. However, upgrading the device to a new version has a baseline of 188.8.131.528.
- Huawei Nova 5i (GLK-AL00)
- Huawei Nova 5i (GLK-TL00)
How to update:
We advise you to continue checking for updates on your phone by going to Settings > tapping on System & updates > choosing Software updates > and then following the on-screen directions to get the most recent software build for your Huawei Nova 5i phone.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter