Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G gets 188.8.131.52 update with November patch and features
Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the 4G version of Huawei Mate 40 Pro that comes with two packages for the Mate 40 Pro models. This Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G update is rolling out with HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 upgrading from HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11. On the other hand, the other models are receiving HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124/170.
The Huawei Mate 40 Pro is available to purchase only in China and it’s one of the first smartphones that come with a pre-installed HarmonyOS operating system.
Below you can check the changelog of this software rollout.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 update Changelog:
- System: Optimize the user experience of knuckle screenshot in some situations
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
188.8.131.52 update Changelog:
- Service Center: Adds Service combos to the Discover tab in Service Center (which you can access by swiping up from the bottom corner edges of the screen), allowing you to add service combos to the home screen to use scenario-specific widgets.
- Task Center: Adds the multi-device task management feature to Task Center, allowing you to view, manage, and transfer previous tasks from other devices that support Task Center, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and are logged in to the same HUAWEI ID. You can access Task Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and holding it.
- Service Widgets: Adds the people album service widget (you can add it to your home screen by swiping up on the Gallery app icon) which loops photos of the person you select. Touch the avatar in the top corner to switch to another person, or touch a photo to open the album of the selected person.
- Input methods: Adds a shortcut icon that you can touch to download and use Celia Keyboard directly.
- AI Voice: Optimizes the Al Voice feature.
- System: Improves the user experience with basic operations, including touch and volume control, and adds support for enlarging home screen icons. Optimizes the system power consumption in certain situations.
- System: Optimize caring for elders, optimize basic experience such as touch, volume, etc., add desktop icon magnification function. Optimize system power consumption in some situations. Optimize Huawei printing and some pages Compatibility of third party applications
- Security: Integrates the November 2021 security patch to enhance the security patch of the mobile phone system.
Huawei P60 Pro update brings camera and two way satellite SMS improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the latest Huawei P60 Pro flagship and it has some important optimizations for camera and satellite SMS features.
According to the information, the Huawei P60 series is the first to equip HarmonyOS 3.1 operating system. This release brings many new features that are built onboard. However, the new rollout addresses the optimizations with HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 and an OTA package size of 1.11 GB.
Users of this Huawei P60 Pro can download the update with new camera effects. It also enhances image quality for a better photo user experience. On the other hand, this firmware has new optimizations for two-way satellite SMS.
Moreover, Huawei P60 Pro can get performance improvements with new system stability optimizations. This software is expanding in batches for the Huawei P60 Pro and it’s only available in China.
Huawei P60 Pro:
Huawei P60 Pro equips a new ultra-lighting main camera system with variable aperture technology training from F/1.4 aperture to F/4.0 range. The flagship’s RYYB sensor boosts light intake. The large sensor allows you to take the right photographs in the darkest environments.
The phone also ramps up an ultra-lighting telephoto camera, which adapts the world’s biggest f/2.1 aperture to process 178% more light and 488% more brightness than iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Looking at the numbers, the Huawei P60 Pro equips a triple rear camera system including a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Camera (F1.4 – F4.0 aperture, OIS). Also, there’s a 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (F2.2 aperture), and a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Telephoto Camera (F2.1 aperture, OIS).
Two way Satellite:
Huawei P60 Pro breaks the barrier with the first-ever two-way satellite SMS communication feature. This allows users to send and receive SMS over Beidou satellite without a mobile network.
It’s good to know that Huawei is seeding new software upgrades to the Huawei P60 series and improving the phone’s performance in different scenarios.
Huawei launches new camera app features
HarmonyOS 3.1 comes with various new features and Huawei has finally made some changes to the stock camera app, which, we’ll going to discuss in this article.
The first appearance of these changes could be found in the Huawei P60 series. However, the software will soon expand for more users and these phones may also get the same camera app.
As for your information, Huawei has highlighted two new camera app features with HarmonyOS 3.1. These are – the new telephoto round dial and the latest shortcut features below the shutter button.
Let’s start with the first, the new camera app improved the way we interact with the telephoto zoom. For example, you now have a bit clear user interface. The zoom labels for wide, 1x, and more have been separated without dots.
But a major change is found in the manual zoom bar, which now has a rotating dial. With this new addition, the camera will render a real-time rotating dial to match the zoom level on the screen.
For example, you can increase or decrease the zoom with a tap and hold and left and right actions. This will adjust the zoom according to the movement of the dial. There’s a red stoppage, which indicates the current zoom level similar to a DSLR.
Compared to this new telephoto range, the existing Huawei stock camera app uses a horizontal bar to change the zoom levels. However, the new way is easy as found by many users.
With HarmonyOS 3.1, Huawei is also improving your way to interact with the most common camera settings. These are now placed below the shutter button. The addition is completely new to the Huawei camera app and increases its reachability.
For example, the phone’s most common top menu options are by expanding the up icon below the shutter button. It includes AI mode, flash, select aspect ratio, move pictures, select a filter, and more. The feature also supports left and right action to show more on-screen options.
New camera app:
These are two major changes that the new stock Huawei camera app and there might be more simple tweaks waiting to explore. For global users, the new camera app could come with EMUI 13.1 and we’ll look forward to it.
24 oldest Huawei smartphones begin HarmonyOS 3 journey [List]
HarmonyOS 3 is about to conclude the beta roadmap in China because Huawei has opened the very last phase of the entire schedule with the 24 oldest Huawei smartphones.
These phones belong to both budget and mid-range price segments, while some of these belong to Huawei’s former subsidiary – Honor. Despite the partition, Huawei keeps on sending this software update for Honor phones from 2020 or before.
It’s good that Huawei decided not to leave Honor phones in limbo, at least in China. Meanwhile, smartphone owners of Huawei Nova 6 SE and the entire Nova 5 series are happy about the recruitment. These phone users have been waiting for this announcement since last December.
However, it’s finally here, and below are the 24 oldest Huawei smartphones to participate in the HarmonyOS 3 closed beta recruitment.
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Maimang 9 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Enjoy 10S
- Honor Play4
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 MOSCHINO Version
- Honor Magic 2
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches.
These are a lot of models and it’s praiseworthy that Huawei is taking care of these forgotten smartphones with a top-notch software upgrade. Coming back to the beta activity details, HarmonyOS 3 beta is opened with limited slots including 500 bookings for the long version and 1500 for no log version on each device/model.
The latest HarmonyOS 3 recruitment falls under the closed test environment, which means only a handful of smartphones will receive the Beta OTA package. However, a wider version of the beta will begin with the public version of the HarmonyOS 3 release.
Meanwhile, you should know that these phone users will get a first ride to the newest HarmonyOS 3 features before it is released as a stable version.